What cars are cheap for no reason?

Old Cayennes are cheap because fuel and maintenance are costly, old bmw's the same, fiat multiplas are ugly and renaults break, but which cheap cars have no downsides?

>but which cheap cars have no downsides
None. Like everything else in life, you get what you pay for.

That's not how capitalism works dude.

a Bedford Rascal

Perfection

Akshually, OP basically explained value without explicitly using economic terms. Goods are priced according to their value (as closely as any method can be). If something is not valued highly, it will call a lower price. And vice versa.

That is a simplification but it is a good one of basic market value.

civic

Mercedes W221.

They are mechanically sound but the only known common issues are the airmatic suspension and the interior seat controls. The suspension issue has a higher chance of happening than the seat issue. It'll obviously cost you but at the depreciation it's in now, it's a good band for thew buck. Also, you better stay away from the AMG models.

Depends on what you view as a downside. For some people having a Lexus logo instead of a BMW logo on it is already a downside.

But if you look at severely overpriced cars, like the air cooled 911s, there must be underpriced cars too?

This

You can sometimes find good deals on models or model variants that are less sought after by the average buyer.
Like, for example, a bright red base model (bonus if also auto), or a midsize sedan instead of a wagon (assuming OP is yuro)

Best way to make a bargain is to be realistic about what you need from a car, but open to various makes/models or types of cars.

It's how got my car for ~60% of it's market value.

Being ugly is not a downside, from economical standpoint.

old rwd celicas, mrkur xr4ti's, VOLVOS

Volvo bricks are crazy reliable, often stick, and rwd. I have no idea why Veeky Forums doesn't absolutely love older volvos

Because Veeky Forums is a japanese board full of weaboo faggots and wannabe japanese driftfags so they don't really like anything that isn't German or Japanese because they're all alt-right and according to them Germany and Japan were best states ever.

They're too faggoty to actually like what cars are good, so Volvo goes by unnoticed.

you\d have to be a top tier cuck to buy a cayenne
I've seen girls laugh ay some fuccboi who pulled up in a cayenne trying to hit on them. And then they got back into their riced prelude

MRS
>just precats and most of them aren't even an issue and prices are on the rise
MR2
>most are beat but mechanically sound but rubber parts are degrading
MIAT
>need some elbow grease but are almost fine
old bimmers
>cheap because ubiquitous

This. The W221 is depreciating fast, with the S320 being as low as 10k euros (high mileage, worn ones), but 15k will get you a neat S320. Its not built for speed, but is speed the main purpose of an S Class?
Im so buying one of these barges next year. And giving the fact that it does not really have the character of the W140, and it lived in an era where technology had the heaviest word, the W221 will not become an classic. The W222, yea, that will become an classic. But the W221 will remain just one solid, modern S Class.

Guess o has changed since I've been here last, the 240 meme used to be strong. Maybe with all the hipsters buying them and doing the herra stance thing prices went up too much?

why the w222?
it's nothing special

Whilst the W221 was an evolution of the W220, the W222 is a revolution. It's an totally different animal from the W221. The interior took a leap, the technology took a leap.
And the W222 represents the advent of the Hybrid technology in the MB group.
The W221 really feels more like an hype-up saloon with lots of technology, but the W222 really brought back that luxobarge of the older Mercedes. Mercedes brought back the old luxobarge feel on all models, but the W222 was the first one. The W221 era saw the advent of the performance Mercedes (with the crazy S63 and the legendary original C63 AMG ). The current Mercedes era is back to the roots.
I'm not downing the W221, in fact im going to buy one next year, but the W222 actually represents a new step for MB.

This is very true. My dad owns a 2009 S360 and the only issues he faced are the power side mirrors not working and a minor AC problem which was repiared in a short amount of money.

I don't know man but the W222 seems too showy, techy and very prone to shit.

You'd have to be a top tier cuck to care about what the girls think. They usually don't know and don't care what car you drive

its one thing to drive a great car like a miata and ignore all the gay jokes by closet homosex
its another to drive an suv and pretend you like cars

the 222 heavily stepped it up but the same can be said about the 221
if any modern s class might become a classic it'll probably be the s65 models and that's it really
i can't see standard 220/221/222s becoming heavily sought after in the future,they're just going to be 'old luxobarge #261618'

>What cars are cheap for no reason?
No such thing, but there are plenty of overpriced cars however, everything Audi makes for example.
The closest to a hidden gem would be the large Italian and French cars that lose a ton of their value in depreciation, they're nowhere near as bad as people think they are in terms of running costs.

Veeky Forums doesn't like Volvo? What???

ff volvo can go fuck itself
volvo is like nissan post renault merger.

Well yeah but the older rear drive Volvos are perfect Veeky Forums material

Toyota Crown simply because Toyota made a billion of them for taxis, police cars, and the wealthy. you can get a low mileage one especially MS135 or UZS131 for under $5000 more like $3000

after i bought mine i put like 100,000km on it in 3 years, drove it to the USA and back, raced it, drifted it, god knows what else and its still gonna probably outlive me

i was a mechanic for years, old ones like 240 are fine but any Volvo made in the last 20 years is junk. over complicated shit like BMW and Mercedes where repairs take 4x as long as a similar American or Japanese counterpart

Well said user, I dislike miatas personally but it's true

I'm sure it's a great car, buit why isn't the main display fitted flush with the dash cutout? It also has pixelation that is noticeable even in this photo.

cayennes are cheap because they're shit and almost exclusively bought by new money trash who mistreat them to extreme levels

Im sure thats what people also said about the W221 when it launched.

>i can't see standard 220/221/222s becoming heavily sought after in the future,they're just going to be 'old luxobarge #261618'
My point's exactly. These cars are fantastic bargains, especially if you go for the basic 3.0L diesel (same thing with the 7 series and the Audi A8).
The E65 FL 730d is also in the same price area as the W221, and their reliability is about the same. I do like the W221 more tho.