2018 Accord Touring 1.5 demo unit just came in

2018 Accord Touring 1.5 demo unit just came in
Thoughts?

>Touring 1.5

I haven't looked up the car, what does the 1.5 mean?

1.5l turbo from civic si

nice audi

total snorefest. It's even in beige.

Literally my FIRST impression when i saw it

Do you have the hybrid in your line up? I'm planning to get one.

This is the snorefest edition
Sport will have 2.0t from Type-r plus 6 speed

I'd rather have the previous generation Accord

What's the lowest trim level you can get blind spot monitoring in?

That's not a bad thing.

2018?
No we just got this one in as a learner
2017? Yes ofc. Buy now we getting rid of them for cheap

I'd really love an awd version with some Si-esque suspension tuning. It would be in direct competition with the WRX STI at that point.

Lowest trim is Sport

Accord with a 1.5, what a time to be alive

The 2.0t will start appearing in November
The 2.0t is faster than the old v6 (by a bit) but honda tuned it for high tq.

lmao fiat tipo

Get the fugging 2.0T

>wide open, gaping front grille
when will this meme die

My TLX lease is over in a few months, I'll be looking into this car. I hope the 2.0's transmission won't be a dumpster fire like the TLX's V6.

You can get the 2.0 in a manual. Forget the 10 speed auto

>Accord
>without a V6 option

This is just wrong.

Imagine being so clueless you mistake this for an Audi.

Hahahahahaha get your eyes checked

Is the screen non-reflective now?

That's pretty fucking sweet.

I can't drive manual and I'd rather have an auto anyways because traffic.

How hard is it going to be to get teh 2.0t in a 6 speed?

Stop the foreplay and let me see the fucking interior already!

How much do you faggots mark up type-Rs?

Honda really dropped the ball on the dual clutch they rolled out on Acuras.

They should take the new 10-speed auto from the Accord and use it across the Acura lineup.

I think I had three "updates" on my DCT. When it's cold or pretty much the winter the transmission is jerkey, but at least it's more responsive compared to the 9AT. I've had a bunch of loaners and I really hate that transmission.

A local Acura dealer still new has 2016s sitting on their lot for dirt cheap.
I was really tempted to buy one until I started reading about all of the issues they had with the dual clutch.

I'm honestly disappointed that Honda would greenlight its release. And that's coming from a Honda fanboy.

>but at least it's more responsive compared to the 9AT
What's wrong with the 9AT? Just slower to shift than the dual clutch?

>still new has
Still has new**

Shit I forgot to add Acura will play catchup to Honda now when they release the redesigned TLX. I'd assume by then they'll have the 2.0t standard and maybe a 3.0T and maybe a 3.0TT for a type s. We might even see that triple clutch they patented awhile ago. Only wishes.

The 9 speed is very slow to shift since it's the same shitty ZF they used in the Jeep Renegade. If you look into it a lot of the early adopters would complain about the transmission struggling to find a gear and move which could be dangerous in a situation where you gotta get out of the way or something like that. Many people in 15s bitched enough to get a later model transmission fitted into their cars.

Personally I haven't even gone to see the 18 TLX, but I get the flyers in the mail since my lease is terminating soon. To me it seems like the same car with a more questionable grill and Android Auto/Car Play. I think I'll go to Honda this time.

Just get the Accord.

Acura is doing nothing but wasting Honda's resources at this point.
They either need to drastically up their game or just kill the brand.

Not hard in the least bit
Loot up accord sport

2.5k in mandatory add ons

Bro i drive a 5spd xj towing a trailer every day in houston traffic its not any worse than an automatic i assure you

I'm sure it's not, but it's not something I'd really want. I have enough fun with my flappy paddles, DCT is good enough for me.

Any manual V6 coupes in stock yet?

>DCT is good enough for me

(: and the V6 Coupe is dead

How so? I can configure one in the Honda website.

That's a 17 get one while you can.

2017 is last year. 2.0T is replacing it for 2018.

Damn I didn't know the 2018 was a new gen altogether. Although I don't really see the difference, all rook same to me.

18 has led low beams standard and has an overbite looking shield on the front. The back has a fastback look it looks nice only thing that bothers me is the taillight design.

Apparently you can get the Accord with a detuned Type R engine and the same 6 speed manual

>buying any thing past a 2009 model

r u blind?

Poorfag alert

t. 2009 Accord owner

Accord coupe owner as 10/14/17

pic unrelated, mine is grey

8th gen best gen?
>No CVT

KEK LOOK AT THAT ETCH A SKETCH

are you in so cal? I saw a truck hauling these this morning near Anaheim

Hix
At
Ogain
Dony
A

I laughed so hard that I'm no longer constipated

2011-2012 is best years

Has added usb port over the 2008-2010. Pretty happy with my 5AT 4cyl coupe. Something you can rev up daily that won't break and cheap everything. Even with having the v6 that vtec at 5k rpm all the way up to 7.2k rpm is nice

RIP Mazda6. Maybe now Mazda will finally put an engine worth revving into a modern car.

>HOODA

what

SWASTIKA
WHEELS

>just change it a little

Hix
Ot
Ngain
Dony
A

I'm pretty sure it's the one from the Type R.

new c&d issue has the 2.0T slower than the 3.5

>1.5
What the hell.

Thats an elongated Civic.

fucking lol

The new Accords and TLXs are fucking beautiful imo

I'm guessing it's similar feature wise to the Touring Civics? If so, nice. 1.5l in a midsize sedan is queer though.

small(1.x) turbo engines are cancer and only belong in europe and in small cars.

The giant Acura symbol really throws me off, it looks fine on the MDX, but with the TLX it's just too large. I so however like the updated headlights with the turn signal eyebrow.

You can add the USB module to the 2008-2010 with a factory part form Honda. Plugs right in

Still waiting for the integra, civic crx, and s2k.

I dont get it, the 8th gen lasted from 2008-2012, why is 2009 some kind of threshold?

side profile
>what is audi a7?

Because he can't afford anything newer

Why?

When I first looked at it I thought that it's a VW Arteon.

>MASSIVE 1.5L ENGINE

Real question, if it's smaller but performs better HP wise and torque wise, what's the problem?

Why didn't they commit to the sportback?

Why is every manufacturer afraid of this? (Sans Kia apparently)

You can get it with the 2.0 from the Type R. The 1.5 is the same engine that is in the si and all the other turbo civics

Lmao

It doesnt do better than the 2.4 for power, and torque only affects the gear ratios they will use. I'm not a fan because these 1.5 turbos tend to be pretty cheaply made by comparison to the 2.4, and will most likely grenade faster. Not only that but the 2.4 will likely acheive better fuel economy in actual driving. Source: I floor my 8th gen everywhere and still get 30mpg