twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Unity

First for Fuck Niggers

twitter.com/reduzio/status/877608306986033152
how can pr*prietary engines even compete

Worst for Unity

last for love2d

B L A C K E D

If I want to go from Amateur Game Dev to AAA big boy game dev what should I do? Should I just try to specialize in something like server networking?

A L T - R I G H T E D

captcha: South Calle

>text captcha
>2017
not just your social values that are stuck in the past

why the FUCK is visual studio so fucking bloated, how can a text editor require several gbs of storage and RAM?

>fucking with pictures instead of just typing them out
so much fucking quicker, it hurts

because it's not a text editor you spastic

like asking why is photoshop or sony vegas several gb. as far as ram goes, intellisense,syntax highlighting, solution size and such is what determines that.

----[ Recap Complete ]----
Congrats to jamos and Shmoop 2 for reaching the max score multiplier.
Also I realize now that I left a questionable entry in, but it's pretty cute so I'll excuse it just this once

-------- Links
Read me: pastebin.com/QA047M2e
Recap archive: dropbox.com/sh/icm5ng2zs8p24uh/AACC61OsXzCgl6-9Vdwb4sRAa
Scores archive: pastebin.com/AmFmLeAy

-------- Feedback
Notice something wrong with your entry, score, or anything else? Let me know and I'll look into it.

>trying to read mangled up words and type them out is faster than clicking the helicopter
sure you're not a robot?

>tfw I've been wanting to make game for literally 10+ years now and am yet to sit down and learn programming past python

I've been busy with other things but still

Robots can hate PoCs too, you fuckin' fleshie.

The important thing is you let us know.

Personal online Computer
H A C K E D

Poor Nano...

Programmer or artist. There will never be a lack of work for the code guys or the art guys in the AAA world.

I've used linux/vim exclusively for the past 10+ years and I unironically enjoy and prefer win10/VS Code
come at me

Seems my girlfriend is slowly getting upset as I continue to dedicate all my time to deving and not giving her any attention.

what does that have to do with the size of the files being large

You can't have a gf if you plan on being a 1ma

There can only be (You) and your game.
Nothing else.

Get a better GF.

Pretentious ostracized Crybabies
C R A C K E D . E X E

Just bee urself

how does the score work?

My girlfriend likes in inject herself into my hobbies so she can get some attention. She did this with Pokemon Go, Runescape, and even bought an Xbox One to play some games with me. I wonder if I can get her to learn to draw or program to help me with my projects.

Making a game is very much like a girlfriend.

The first few weeks are great and full of excitement.
Then routine creeps in, you aren't bored of it yet though, it feels like you're progressing towards something more serious and you are enjoying the journey.
Then things just become slower and slower, the excitement is gone and you start having second guesses over the future, it feels like the image you had in your head was perhaps nothing but a mirage.
Then you either drop it and look for that initial excitement again by doing something else or you realize that the mirage will never be a reality and you power through it and accept your fate as a mediocre person living a mediocre life.

My wife has offered to do art for any game I make so long as I have a working system in place.

She does the most basic pixelshit, but it's still leagues better than anything I can do.

I'll repost in the new thread since I was pretty late in the last one, and didn't get any feedback.

Curious to see what FPS people get with this scene. Had a report of 50's so far, which is bad considering its a very simple scene.

xsomedevx.itch.io/fpsproblems

Pfft. Scrub. Thats nothing. I've been toying with gamedev since using applescript on the first gen Macs, used Klic & Play and Gamemaker from the days they came out, went on to sell programming, graphics and game dev textbooks to universities, private computer graphics & game programming colleges and STILL never learnt to program properly or published a game.

I admire my tenacity at least.

There...there are normies among us.

interesting, my wife is pretty much like that, likes to be interested in what I do but she can usually find a middle ground, like she'll play games but not necessarily the same and she sometime helps with my projects. Its actually refreshing to have her opinion sometimes since she's not afraid to tell me if my thing looks like shit and how to correct it.

it's like golf, the less you do the higher you score.

You sound immature in both relationships and gamedev.

recapanon personally rates all the games week-by-week

gogem I've been thinking about it and would you be interested in making some arts for others? Your long neck/no face style is possibly appropriate for something I'm working on.

>normies
Hello, normalfag

Interesting, my husband usually is the one who insists on helping me program things for my project.

My wife also assists me in my work

r u a grill

post tits

does he work in that domain?

Indeed, my wife of 4 years usually likes giving me a quickie when I need to come up with ideas.

hugless dateless virgin nodev master race reporting in

>Kitty made it
lmao

Not getting half my shit stolen at 45 master race reporting in.

My wife wishes to help me but can't because she is unfortunately restricted to a particular dimension, but that's not a problem since she's understanding and cute.

I know my game has flaws right now, but I'm not afraid of redesigning it until I get it right.
I only hope that it doesn't take several years to get it right.

>she's not afraid to tell me if my thing looks like shit and how to correct it.
I wish people were more like that. My girlfriend is way too nice about art and cooking and whatnot so I post my stuff on the various draw threads of several boards and get some honest critique. She thinks it's rude and I can't explain to her how helpful constructive criticism is. She hardly knows what to look for but mostly because she doesn't try even if something is glaringly obvious that it's wrong. You don't gotta be an artist to be a critic.

ask your wife for help

1) you 1MA?
2) impress me

My husband is my game's worldbuilder and writer.

depends on the scope my man. I'm lower my own scope so that I could do that, polish nonstop until I'm satisfied

>ask your wife for help
According to the 10 people who've posted in the last 5 minutes, apparently a significant other is extremely helpful.

I lowered*

is he hot?

Yes 1MA right now. I'll take that for a possible interest, I'll give you more details when the time comes. There's other more critical systems to finish first, which should do a proper impression when completed.

Yes

prove it

post ass and dick pics

Bokube dev you need to shill your game harder outside of Veeky Forums. Also nice update.

His dick is 8.5″ and he can kick your ass.

>right now.
1MA is an earned right not a fluid label like a gender
are you or are you not 1MA?

>tfw I get anxious as fuck when (trying to) work with other people
>I'm also a control freak and want things to be exactly as I want them to be
I'm not 1MA by choice.

Yes I am 1MA.

do unity/gamemaker kiddies actually consider themselves to be real game devs

what matters is having a game

Dude, where's my game?

here

Progress:
I'm learning the Godot API and I rewrote an FPS controller to use Quaternions instead of a shitty dual-gimbal system. Next I have to change the movement direction to be relative to the camera view. I plan to post the final product on github with an MIT license.
[code]func _input(event):
#Camera motion
if event.type == InputEvent.MOUSE_MOTION:
X += event.relative_x*0.005
Y += event.relative_y*0.005
var rotation = Quat(Vector3(0,1,0),X) * Quat(Vector3(1,0,0),Y)
get_node("Camera").set_transform(rotation)[/code]
I want to make freely-available WELL-MADE demo character/camera controllers for my own learning, and to help others get into Godot more as well.

No code tags on vg? Damn.

Use hastebin.com for posting code. Veeky Forums doesn't have code tags.

welcome

good work senpai, I will steal it for my game later on

Im developing in GMS 1.4 and it looks like yoyo games might not be selling xbone and ps4 exports anymore. So id have to upgrade to gms 2. But my game is 80% finished and importing into gms 2 and dealing with all the new bugs might be hell. What do? Stick with 1.4 and release on steam first and then import into gms 2 when the game is 100% done just for console exports?

We got us an immi/g/rant, boys.

Fuck, next gen Dead or Alive graphics are off the hook!

What makes you so sure anyone will care about your game, let alone console ports for it?
If you sell your game on steam and it makes enough money for you to spend the time porting it, then you can think about doing that.

K, here
hastebin.com/hupebowahi.cs

If you want to use it, just know that the x and y vars are declared as class member variables. If you declare them in the update loop, the translation will be impermanent and the view will keep resetting. I have yet to discover another workaround for this that can use Quat, and it seems fine to me anyway.

Also, again, the view angle is currently disconnected from the directions you move in. So you may want to wait, or just add that yourself.

Bigger audience to hit, more press coverage, more sources of revenue, more experience, more personal satisfaction.

It's just not working and I don't know why.
My code is the fucking hydra, every bug I fix spawns two new ones.
I'm honestly ready to bash my head in with a rock

>800 dollars for each console
>FOR A 12 MONTH LICENSE, IT'S NOT EVEN PERMANENT
I'm not sure if that's profitable senpai.

that's non compartmentalized spaghetti code for you.

Can't you get_transform() to avoid using the class member variables?

Reminder that Clifford Algebra/geometric algebra generalizes scalars, vectors, complex numbers, matrices, and quaternions

If you export in that 12 month timeframe than you dont need to renew right, so its only a 1 time fee
Also if your game isnt making enough that 1500 seems like too much then the game aint doin good

Guys Unity won't open on my computer :(

It was working fine yesterday and now it won't open. The exe file is running in task manager but nothing happens.
How do I fix this?

I think you would still need to renew it if you want to update the game.

I'm not sure what the fuck Yoyo is doing but apparently they don't want people using their engine anymore.

Try to start it from your project directly

And now it's working perfectly
Back away slowly and pretend nothing ever happened..

When can/do we post our bits for the next recap, is there a regularly scheduled day?

End the task in task manager. Try to open Unity.
Restart your computer. Try to open Unity.
Reinstall Unity. Try to open Unity.
Then come back and ask.

>When can/do we post our bits for the next recap, is there a regularly scheduled day?
Do you not progress during Friday/weekend?

Make a backup of your project before you do anything else that's recommended to you.

recap day is monday, recap guy posts the instructions then

If you aren't already making automatic backups of your game ALL THE TIME then you're doing it wrong.

I am an artist.
Tell me about your game, what engine you're using, how far you are, what kind of art you need, and so on. I will be back in an hour to respond to any serious inquiries.

I work over the weekend (chef lyf) so I wanted to know if I can plan ahead and post on the last night I have working on my game
So yeah, sometimes I progress, sometimes I'm flat out and I can't even touch my computer, it depends.

Thanks but I'm not looking for an artist right now, good luck!