Final Fantasy XIV General - /xivg/

Really, no one else is going to do this? Edition

Network difficulties due to "DDoS":
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/dd506077db314182ddc2dc15b1d033d72da5630c

An update regarding the status of congested Worlds: sqex.to/Zns

An update regarding resolutions for the instance roadblock and 90k errors on the NA data center: sqex.to/9J2

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/XrCg42ub

Preliminary DPS numbers (current performance does not indicate the direction of future adjustments)
Previously on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qnkuBUAwfe0
redeem.finalfantasyxiv.com/na
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pet lalas

i miss oyu

>when you jump paladin but think war looks cooler despite it being worse
did I make a mistake

I'm reminded of this video
youtube.com/watch?v=qnkuBUAwfe0

best job trainer?

MCH can't be *that* bad..

r-right?... I'm sure there will be something to cheese...

REMOVE VAGUEPOSTING REEEEEEE

i want a pet lala

As a paladin I'm jealous as fuck of samurai's sword scabbards.

hey boys

>Au ra female
>mentally stable and happy with their lives
Pick one and only one

What?

A Weapon to Surpass Metal Gear

You're right, I'm mentally ill and wanna die

what are you gonna do about it, fuckboy?

same

MCH is fun but, I can see what people mean by its potency/#/being punished on heat mistakes

He's a bro

@180516695
Ignore you

So I accidently upgraded my old trial account instead of the one I was playing, anyway SE would transfer my level 35 from the trial account to my now upgraded account cause of my mistake? Or am I SOL

I really wish they didn't nerf the overheat damage. I also wish they did something interesting to our Spread Shot.
>Au ra female
>mentally stable
:D
>and happy with their lives
:c

Be careful, he might carve your post number into his arm or something

you guys get on the tower yet?

Probably SOL, but doesn't hurt to try. They even put like 20 disclaimers to be careful of doing that.

cute lizard retainer

Was tough but I got it eventually

you expect far too much of me

>blue skin
>raen
>face 1
All that shitty taste

The steppe is my favorite zone so far.

Mmmmm, delicious SCH tears

Carpenter.

No. Paladin is a lot of fun. Enjoy being a holy warrior of light.

I had a hard time even making it up the first few pegs. Is it worth it? Do you get anything?

>tfw MNK main

sup kid...........

>Do you get anything?

some pics and bragging rights

>muscling through remaining HW quests so I can finally do SB
>get to the fucking wall climb dungeon

and here I thought I would be free to just quest my way in

fucking hell

I-is monk bad? I'm leveling one right now

Holy shit level rdm from 50-60 made me want to lobotomize myself. That is the dullest job/class I've ever played in an mmo.

Is SAM any better?

yes, samurai is the thinking man's job. highly refined, many calculations involved in dpsing. a solid 9/10 difficulty.

>just bought ffxiv on steam
>cant install it on any directory other than my 50gb SSD which only have 3 GB free

bravo

Oh boy another faggot godking.

stop right now

tfw finish story with DPS class and now have to level up your tank if you want half-decent queues

Switch to another DPS.

Samurai is a definite snoozer until 62. After that its much more enjoyable than rdm.

it's like they made a cartoon version of ippiki and put him as leader of the boronirs

Did they literally get that whole tribes personality from Ippiki? The resemblance is uncanny.

After 4.1, how many boost potions will we be able to get? I've got more money than time and am thinking about boosting my MCH from 50 to 60 just to save a few hours of grinding, rather than any of my level 1 classes though. I like MCH, and hear it's shit now but have hopes that it'll get buffs, I'm a WHM main though

maybe he's just been in character this whole time

Did you change your hair color? Looks very nice

Guys *heavy breathing*, Silk has boys in it!!

Anybody wanna hang out while we do questionable shit to ourselves?
Come on over to Mists Ward 3 Subdivision Apt 17 on Balmung and keep us company. :3c

>upgrade graphics card to a 1070
>still lags in limsa on max but get 60 everywhere else

Why is this? I can max shit like the witcher 3, how badly optimized IS this fucking game?

If I buy a friend "Tales of Adventure: Heavensward" can he just drink the "Tales of Adventure: A Realm Reborn" just to skip to heavensward and play that until 60? He quit back at king mog or some such in ARR but wants to play Heavensward a little to level Samurai to 60 and at my advice I told him he should skip to Stormblood after he's gotten to 60 as the rest of Heavensward is kinda explainable once he's got the story in-mind.

Yeah and thanks.

Went back to white since it looks better with my new glamours.

Do any of you guys even have houses or apartments or are you all bums? Never see anyone talk about housing here.

i would but there's a queue.

>he didn't get a 1080 ti
waste of money

i bought an apartment but other than a bed and some bookshelves and a sauna it's barren

Have you seen the spreadsheet for potential potency loss if you fuck up a single wildfire and overheat? One's being made for "the price of a bullet" if you QR or CD and lose heated. Both outcomes are extreme.
The phrase "have to perform flawlessly merely to compete is an understatement". And the work for managing a resource the entire fight while also never dropping a single input on your combo is the right to compete for last place.

And god help us when we need to go do shinryu extreme and have to do fast moving swaps onto another target.

They nerfed spread shot. I find that pretty interesting, don't you?

>that 40k setsugekka crit on susano

So while bahamut is out, is it better to do ruin 3s or ruin 2s?

Silk has even more boys now!

Wait, what?

I'm a bum.

Ruin 3s still cost full mp, so just use normal fucking Ruins for the potential IV proc

It will and always will be a shit FC with a bucket of crabs mentality

I'm still going to try. Leveling BRD anyways

[A] Let Go.

tanks get hit for 40k

Is leveling on Mateus from level 1 awful?

Can anyone confirm or deny if melding Direct Hit onto tank gear will let them score direct hits?

define questionable shit

HOW DO I CHANGE INSTALL DIRECTORY ON THE LAUNCHER WHEN I ALREADY INSTALLED IT ON STEAM

Never got my question answered, but how bad did they screw over Monk this time?

See that their DPSs for 4.0 are close to god tier, but remembering the nerfs mentioned puts the doubt in.

Worse than 3.4 Monk or actually YoshiP didn't shit on them again?

Do you happen to have a link to that? I'd like to see how bad the drops are

>nigga mentality
Sounds like a good place. That's how characters are built.

No but if you need a dps friend I can be your friend.

>tfw one day they'll just airdrop the Warrior of Light on the Garlemald capital and watch you brutally murder everyone and then punch your fist or nod angrily

Shitty mallgoth drugs.

Na, if you skip cutscenes you can catch up to SB in a week with the double xp

That's what I thought.

Paladin is a lot of fun. I would suggest you play that.

My FC has a house. They'll be moving to the new housing zone when it unlocks. It's kind of a mess now, but I bet it will get better once we move.

Leveling anyhting from level 1 is awful. Best advice I can offer is to make sure you have the earings from the preorder of stormblood, use a friend code for the friend circlet, and try and get the brand-mew ring ASAP.

That or buy a skip potion.

And have you nights low key roast me
Naw if I wanted to get fucked id go to the soft house

Anyone on Excalibur wanna be friends and laugh at bads together?

I dont have the preorder bonus sadly.

Already got a friend who's leveling it. Have been playing DRK again and while it's fun in PvP, PvE content is just burning me out after grinding through the story and all the sidequests.

Just have to sit down and power through it at some point this weekend.

Wait, are you really on Excalibur? You actually seem like a pretty cool person I wouldn't mind befriending.

Don't do it. He's probably crazy as fuck

Think he is referring to the crit momo got and posted on twitter while doing sus extreme with sam.

So I got my physical copy of amazon but the code it came with doesn't work on mogstation does anywhere know where I put it?

My alt is on Excalibur. Next time I'm on we can do that.

Good, the last crazy as fuck person won't speak to me anymore.

copy of what? if you bought physical base game you need physical expansion and vice versa for Steam version

>running around doing quests as a Samurai

This is the most fun I've had in an MMO in a long time. I'm already level 64 and I haven't even left the Ruby Sea. I don't get why everyone is rushing through

>his is the most fun I've had in an MMO in a long time.
Can you elaborate user.
I'm still torn between sam and rdm.

Oh no my friend did this. Im so sorry, you are literally fucked.

Have to rush to 70 even though there's no content there for another 2 weeks.

18 digit? try this redeem.finalfantasyxiv.com/na

Yeah, I switched over here from Balmung to play with an internet friend but then they dropped the game so I'm stuck in this hell of trying to reach the SB content because I left for a couple months at the end of HW

It is a curse, but it is one I will bear.

Nice, sounds like a good time

I'm not THAT crazy.

>put my pre order bonus code here
>says it'll take 24hours for them to send me a email
>they never did