/gsg - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 23rd of June:
1860 – The United States Congress establishes the Government Printing Office.
1865 – American Civil War: At Fort Towson in the Oklahoma Territory, Confederate Brigadier General Stand Watie surrenders the last significant rebel army.
1894 – The International Olympic Committee is founded at the Sorbonne in Paris.
1913 – Second Balkan War: The Greeks defeat the Bulgarians in the Battle of Doiran.
1914 – Mexican Revolution: Pancho Villa takes Zacatecas from Victoriano Huerta.
1917 – In a game against the Washington Senators, Boston Red Sox pitcher Ernie Shore retires 26 batters in a row after replacing Babe Ruth, who had been ejected for hitting the umpire.
1919 – Estonian War of Independence: The decisive defeat of the Baltische Landeswehr in the Battle of Cēsis; this date is celebrated as Victory Day in Estonia.

# News
CK2 DD 19/06
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1030752
EU4 DD 20/06
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1031010/

# Random Country Picker
>randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.0
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.2
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gestalttheory.net/linguistics/intro.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nicky

>1 post early
saged

>all this day in history posts are in v2's timeline
>hoi4 removed from the op
>aurora and dw removed from the op
>sengoku rance removed from the op
What sort of fucking autist is making these?

Yeah about that liege thing, fuck previous liege and fuck current liege, regency of jerusalem is what we are aiming at

there are only two threads though
neither of which made by r&i

*farts*

What do you think of my infopic? Removes all your faggy 4x games and distant SHIT

Why are you refusing to use the new one? Literally identical to the old one you're using..

It's the only thing that makes him any sense of accomplishment anymore.

Who is he?

r&i

So has HPM left again? Last post two days ago.

I see little to no justification for keeping Gary and AGEOD but kicking Rance.

I'm sure he's fine.

Sims is a grand startegy game, unless you can prove otherwise.
>implying the franchise isn't grand
>implying managing their needs isn't strategic
Prove me wrong.

>eu3 in the infotopic, no goy4
really makes me think laddos

Because that's not what the word grand strategy means. You tried using this argument last time and it was no more valid than it is now. Literally google the damn word.

War games > Meme anime games.
It's literally just whatever I want.

What's been going on at paradox lately, rundown? Paradox forums have been engaging in intellectual high minded discussion again haven't they

Sengoku Rance is unironically more of a GS game than Gary Games, which are wargames, as noted, and merely autistic.

dont forget hoi which is less of a /gsg/ than rance

Words only amount to the sum of their parts, I'm sorry, user, but Sims is a grand strategy and you can't prove me wrong.

Well yes but those two are too engrained in the thread to ever get off the infopic.

>words only amount to the sum of their parts
Incorrect, that'd have you believe that the term "Astrophysics" applies to astroturf.

Anime games aren't grand strategy. If you don't like this feel free to cry aniut it on /a/.

>Words only amount to the sum of their parts
I've had to argue this too many times.
gestalttheory.net/linguistics/intro.html

Anime games are grand strategy if they are anime games which are also grand strategy. If you don't like this feel free to cry about it on reddit.

You're trying to establish a false dichotomy between advertising and practical definitions.
Astroturf isn't spacegrass, despite what it calls itself.
Stellaris isn't a grand strategy, depsite what it calls itself.

anime can be gsg too

>You're trying to establish a false dichotomy between advertising and practical definitions.
You're trying to establish and utilize a false definition of a word which is demonstrateably simply not the actual fucking definition.

>if they are anime games which are also grand strategy
The effect of being anime instantly nullifies it being grand strategy, as only retards like anime, and strategy requires intelligence.
If you want to call your sex games grsnd strategy you can, but it doesn't make it true. Now go read your comics, kid.

Hello Dunning, meet Kruger.

Definition of strategy:
>a plan of action designed to achieve a long-term or overall aim.

The plan of action, i.e: catering for my sims needs, designed to achieve a long term and overall aim of keeping them alive.

Prove me wrong.

Hey nigs,

Been listening to a podcast on the history of Rome so I'm feeling like giving grand strategy another go. Was kinda overwhelmed with Vic2 when I tried a while back but I had apparently preordered EUIV but never played it. I'd like to give it a shot but it apparently has like $150 of DLC now (lol wtf). What DLC should I buy to get the "full game"? Also what is the difference between a "content pack" and an "expansion"?

why dont we go back to this one? this is the one we used before steamcord and r&i edited it to limit discussion.

Pirate it all, Paradox are Jews.

please no we have enough cancer thanks

>distant worlds
>hoi4
Heh, nuthin' personnel, kid.

From what I've heard, the best option is to buy the main game and pirate the DLCs. It works, somehow.

t. steamcord
if distant worlds isnt allowed to posted here then we may as well ban the entire hoi series

>The effect of being anime instantly nullifies it being grand strategy, as only retards like anime, and strategy requires intelligence.
Meaningless dribble; GSG is not, as the thread might have you believe, defined as "things I like".

>definition of strategy
That's not Strategy is not Grand Strategy though, and Grand Strategy is not Strategy. You can't simply dissect terms because terms modify each other. Something that is "Grand" and "Strategic" is not necessarily therefore a topic of "Grand Strategy".

You pirate all the DLC.

>my ebin space games are grand strategy
Tell it to >>/civ4x/, lads.

>my ebin space games are grand strategy
Well yes, they'd technically be counted as it, although I don't think they belong here.
>tell it to civ4xg
civ4xg gets even angrier than you do when someone says that because they believe themselves to be "above" grand strategy.

fuck off back to bombercord

>they believe themselves to be "above" grand strategy.
ah yes, like shit is above gold

What the fuck IS Bomber? I left for a few months, come back, and now there's a new and fresh memelord. Is Bomber the chinposter?

Irrelevant, but yes it's retarded. Do remember that there was a time Civilization (IV at least) was considered to be the epitome of GS in this very thread.

>believe themselves to be "above" grand strategy
Holy shit, do they lack all self awareness?
Real world Victorian diplomacy > meme civ blobs
They are the reason our franchise is being casualised.

>Holy shit, do they lack all self awareness?
No they don't think that they're less casual or something
I mean to say they believe themselves above [association with] the /gsg/ thread, and lash if they are compared to /gsg/ in any light other than being the clearly superior, cleaner, 'more civilized' general which is less plagued by rampant shitposting; the last bit at least, mind, being objectively true - chinposter and ebin retards aren't as much of a thing there.

what about this one it doesnt have hoi4 so you have no reason to complain

It's best if you just think of Bomber as the new version of Rob. He's a Steamcordplaza shitter who's self declared aim is to "overthrow HPM".

Strange how history repeats itself, Vickymod was banished for pandering to reddit, now HPM is re-adding Byzantium and Babylon.

>still has distant worlds and hoi4
Lad, I...

>it doesnt have hoi4

Have you been to an optician recently?

Honestly at this point people may as well just go back to this one
The only reason I changed it in the first place was because the outdatedness of the pic was pissing me off but people are getting their knickers into a twist about this game and that game being in or not in the fucking OP
Never have I seen a general this autistic over trivial bullshit that nobody fucking reads.

Are you fucking blind, cunt?

Are you from Hong Kong or did you learn English from a Briton?

>Never have I seen a general this autistic over trivial bullshit that nobody fucking reads.
Real talk now, lads. How about we just start using historically relevant pictures, like the Russian /gsg/ do?

Pros:
More hostile to reddit.
Harder to find for reddit, who don't know how to search.
More variety.
Gives chance to see who can find the best pictures.
Stops this madness.

Cons:
May be some initial fighting as stellaris fags come back.

People have been fine with this idea forever except that R&I has a mental breakdown every time it happens

R&I and the gang will not let this happens, but I think it's ok too. The infopic can be posted after the OP.

Then why do people use his thread? He can't control everyone, if we were to do this and all use the pwetty picture thread then R&I would be left crying in the corner.

I'm from Beijing.

Con: This is a tradition going back to /v/.
Con: Tradition is hard to change.
Con: Tradition is HARD to change.
I've been fine with this since at least a year ago but people sperg the fuck out.

Because "R&I" is not one person.

The consensus seems to be everybody wants this, but R&I is stopping it. We should do polls throughout the day to see if this is just now or constant.

What the fuck is R&I, I've been in this general since February or so and I still don't know.

You think so? Then how come in the early hours of the morning he doesn't make new threads? Are all the R&Is asleep at that time?

because then we cant tell people to fuck off and read the op

Word-of-mouth in a thread made at Dead Hour is not "consensus"; just make one without the infopic and see if it works.

>since February
*memories of people on /a/ saying they've been here since October*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
reminder to Report and Ignore shitposting

Who knows, I know that there's a few people who did it just for memes or so they claim but it's probably not one person; R&I used to be at the head of threads made at almost impossible hours.

The retard who spams duplicate and early threads just to gwt the first post, "Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.", he made the thread 100 posts early today but Janny cleaned it up.

>R&I stands for report and ignore
I feel like an idiot now for not noticing that earlier.

We can still tell them to fuck off.
slider will move 5 towards isolationism, currently -5

i miss the old r&i t bh 2016 was the year old steamgruppe butthurt

When he used to compete with Nicky, Islam will conquer, and all the other memers? Damn, those were the good days, now it's just him stealing first and a dozen varients of white and based following him up.

what now

i miss mayaka and psy

How exactly do you not have #1 industry?

Shhh, it's time for meta discussion.

wtf is r&i

I miss Napoopan.

it would also mean people would start posting games they think are gsg like when people posted total war games and said it was ok because they're labeled as gsgs on steam
the new r&i is a different guy the old one

I miss when we only gpt willy raids and the rest of the thread was quality. When it started you could just go have a wank, come back, and thee thread would be fixed. Jannies were more efficient, we only had one group that raided us, and every single poster was intelligent.

Now every single poster is some strain of retard, liquor, based, white, grandi, where did it all go so wrong?

I'm fine with, just make the infopic the first post or include it in the OP somehow.

Can someone give me a guide to Sweden in EUIV? I'm finding it hard to do.

I can't build factories fast enough to keep up with my population. My factories require a huge amount of resources to keep up but I only have like nine states total. I'm upgrading them as fast as possible but the USA benefits from YUGE amounts of immigrants fueling their near-endless quantity of factories.

This would probably be a lot easier if I was anything other than Planned but oh well.

doesnt post here anymore

Get rid of it all together, let consensus reign. Redditors post HoI4, get shat up, they stop. The infopic shouldn't be gospel, it's time we became autonomous, ithas consumed us, our culture, and our people.

Plus no infopic will really discourage redditors.

Since you're going for the Alexander approach. Have you tried doing things to increase chances of assimilating non-greeks to greek?

>alexander was a race mixing cuck

alex

lad you know steamcord will use this as an excuse to post whatever they want and redditors get directly linked here all the time

It was really useful for me when I started coming here. Getting rid of it is just stupid.

No point, greek immigrants flood non-greek areas like crazy.

For example I just took Sicily in a war with Italy. Within eight months two of the three provinces on Siciliy (which were formerly 98% ITalian) were so Greek that there weren't any stripes it was just solid teal.

>needing help from an infograph
Just ask the thread, not only will this stimulate on topic discussion but it will also improve the general immensely.
Not like we can't report them if they're being niggers, and a lot of redditors need to be told to "look for the infopic in the catalog", removing it will make it just that little bit harder for them to find us. Plus it sends the message we no longer pander to their retarded requests, unless we choose to.

I always knew the Turks were Jews like the Venetians.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

How did you get the opacity to work? Whenever I use this mod it looks like I'm stuck in terrain mode(only if zoomed in).

my pirate friends, how do I make the new kaiserreich update work with 1.4.0? I've tried a bunch of configurations but even though the mod's in the launcher when the game loads it's vanilla HOI4

how do I fix this ?

its getting worse guys im mobilizing but they're in Constantinople

Don't talk about games not in the OP, please. Ask for assitance with banned games.

>just ask the thread
no people who ask for sauce are annoying as fuck we already get people begging for mods and repeatedly link to their post asking for someone to respond

nothing we do will stop reddit from finding this place bolshevik blues telling someone to look for the historical pic in the catalog instead of the infopic doesnt change anything

Willy

literally gross austria