youtube.com/watch?v=AvwDNGjEp7A

>Return to Arcadia Bay:
youtube.com/watch?v=GONk9c3MLjA

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017
Episode 2 − ''?'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''?'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available for pre-order on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13090936
strawpoll.me/13090974
strawpoll.me/13186941

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=3JWTaaS7LdU
clyp.it/s4a1m2q0
clyp.it/gdwncean
youtube.com/watch?v=mqxqC4xrDfQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BAE > bay everyday!

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

>Tom Gould

Delete this crap

Reasons why Chloe is destined to die and DONTnod wanted it that way
>One moon disappears when Jefferson shoots Chloe.
>The second moon reappears as referenced in the newspaper in the timeline where Max saves Chloe and heads to San Francisco.
>Max wears a shirt with a butterfly, a reference to The Butterfly Effect, where the protagonist tries, and fails, to change time
>Chloe references Max's vision coming true. Seeing the tornado was a premonition, a power linked to her Rewind ability. It was warning her of the implications of messing with time.
>Chloe's boot becomes stuck in the train tracks for no apparent reason, right as a train is coming. Destiny was calling.
>Chloe shoots herself with an impossible ricochet, which reinforces that her fate is to die.
>In the AU, Chloe asks to be euthanized, as she's close to dying anyway. If Max refuses to kill Chloe, she's bitter and angry. Max's choice there reflects the binary choice at the end. It's a sign that Chloe wouldn't be pleased if Max let her live. Her far off stare and hesistation to embrace Max in the Bae ending reflect her mixed emotions about surviving.
>The back of the physical box for Life is Strange—Yes. They're out there.--says Max will learn that changing time isn't a good thing.
>The Everyday Heroes Contests is about ordinary people performing extraordinary acts. Superheroes often receive unwanted powers. They have the choice to use them responsibly, or not. The latter of which makes them villains. Heroes are forced to make snap decisions, often ones that kill those close to them for the greater good. The theme extends to the ending where Max is forced to chose between Chloe and Arcadia Bay. Both members of Pricefield acknowledge Max's responsibility for the storm. If they believed that and still let the storm happen, Chloe would lose respect for Max. Pricefield would cease to exist.

Unlike Spiderman, Max isn't presented with a way to save her girlfriend and the town. Sucks, but it's true.

Max is #1

I love Hawt Dawg Man

Who's Tom Gould?

>stale bayt

Here to save the day!

I think the guy Chloe and Rachel look at in the binoculars was just some random guy, if it was Rachel's dad then It think she would have said something.
I do wonder what Chloe will say if you choose to comment on the 'Grill Dad'.

Brooke is very underrated

>> You suck Victoria!

>It's Max's overuse of her power that's causing the tornado
>Solution is to go back to bathroom and let Chloe die
>Because if it wasn't for that meeting in the bathroom, Max would have never discovered her power
>So apparently the idea is to make a timeline where Max never discovers her power
>But we already did this (alt universe/w Wheelie Chloe), and the same paranormal events were still happening at exactly the same times
>Let's ignore that for the moment, and point out Max discovered her power as a direct result of seeing Chloe die
>Presumably, Chloe not dying would have the same effect (actually a better chance) at stopping her from discovering her powers
>But this is what we actually did in the first rewind, went back to the bathroom and engineered a scenario where Chloe didn't die, so Max wouldn't have to rewind
>Ah, but that was after Max had already rewound once. Maybe the butterfly photo takes you back to the first time Max enters the Bathroom.
>Except that we had to re-take the Butterfly photo the second time we went into the bathroom, so that photo should lead to the second time Max entered the bathroom, where she already has her powers
>And they already established with photographing Kate and David, that you don't get to keep the photos after a rewind (except for the purposes of the optional photo collection thing, you don't keep them in game).
>So the photo must lead to the post-rewind bathroom
>Whateva, let's ignore that for the moment as well and assume the photo does take Max back to the first time she enters the bathroom
>Then since this is the first time in the bathroom, doing exactly what she did the second time, triggering the alarm and saving Chloe, would have prevented her from discovering her powers. Since letting Chloe die the first time around is actually what led to Max discovering her powers.

how did Jefferson get to the junkyard before Max and Chloe again?

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it

Not really explained but if I had to guess he sent the text message/had Nathan send it (if he was still alive by that point) and then left the school to go towards the junkyard.
He parked his car somewhere away from the main entrance and waited in hiding until he saw Chloe's truck pull up and then he snuck up behind them. Or he just got super lucky and arrived after they did and was able to creep up without being heard.

On a side note: There should have been an option to yell at Chloe to duck so when Jefferson shot, he either missed and got shot by Chloe, or Chloe ducked and the bullet ricocheted back at him since they can apparently do that in the LiS world.

Why Max was given the time rewind power if she wasn't meant to use it?

Untold mystical powers. Can't flim flam the Jefferjam

In-game explanation: so that Max could spend one last week with Chloe, rebuilding their relationship and growing as a person
Actual explanation: Because otherwise Dontnod wouldn't be able to make the game work and end it with their pointlessly tragic ending.

>nobody will ever look at you like this

but that doesn't make any sense....
oh fuck it.
I hate this game.

>In-game explanation: so that Max could spend one last week with Chloe
How terrible. She was given a power she didn't ask for any nobody can fault her for using it to help others and make herself happy and nobody can ask her to undo saving her best friend. If Chloe was meant to die, then she would have and there would have been no reversing it.
That was Max's fate to save her.

There is not even an instant where Max regrets her choice.
Whenever she starts getting stressed and anxious about everything, she just looks into Chloe's eyes and remembers what all her struggles were for. It was worth it.

Remember the guy man who was making out with prostitute in video? He's here now, and with Rachel.

Yeah, he'll be Rachel's dad. Fangirls' theories were true.

I think he looks kind of young to be Rachel's dad. I keep thinking he looks like an older Nathan.
Would it be possible that the Ambers are really Prescotts but just changed their name to distance themselves?

>the girl whom was referenced by Laura Palmer's dad cheating
yeah it's Twin Peaks all over again

Yeah, he doesn't seem much more younger either.

But how much more depressing would it have been if Max *hadn't* gotten her powers and Chloe had simply died then and there? Nathan would have run out of the bathroom and Max would have walked over, realizing that the girl was Chloe and that she and Max would never reconnect and that Chloe had died completely alone.
The Bay ending doesn't help Chloe, but it helps Max by giving her a final week with Chloe and a chance for a lot of personal growth. It's still depressing, but not as depressing as Max never using her powers in the first place.

whole post is absolute nonsense but I want to englighten your ignorance here:
>Max wears a shirt with a butterfly, a reference to The Butterfly Effect, where the protagonist tries, and fails, to change time
she was wearing a shirt with Acherontia atropos .but still wasn't giving a message about 'the actual ending'. For butterfly, yeah it definitely shows THE FAILURE:) We've seen it just before things go to shit so we can say it was definitely prophet of doom.Ah, remember we've also seen it at Bay ending.

This is a game where the origin of Max's power is never explained at all. So relatively speaking, I think it makes quite a lot of sense.

>it helps Max by giving her a final week with Chloe and a chance for a lot of personal growth
Man, she'd totally go nuts just hours after the funeral.
Just think about it, you've been through so many things you found girl's corpse in junkyard,your favourite teacher was psycho all along,you got time-travel powers but if you use it universe sends storm to your town,during all of these fuckeries you tried so hard to keep someone you love alive no matter what.. and you can't exactly tell anyone this,they won't exactly believe you either. This is why I'm thinking the butterfly photo wasn't ripped up in that ending. Max still has chance and I do believe that she will come back to her Chloe.

>flavor of the month conspiracies

Oh, this place is infuriating.

It would have been just as depressing, which is why preventing Chloe's death is the best thing for Max to do.
The Bay Ending helps no one unless you failed to save Kate.

After pulling that knife on Chloe, I would have shot him in the head.

Why does everyone overlook what a vile cunt he is?

if you are not blind you can see what's going on with time-travel (I'm not talking about warryn's conversation in diner)
AU timeline for example, gave us many hints to things will go to shit.
developers didn't make an effort to explain why she teleported herself in first place,because they considered it as ''teaching player to how to use these powers'' because developers didn't care about if time-travel made sense for endings' sake.

on general, you can see Max's bathroom actions triggered storm somehow, what we've seen was storm wasn't getting rid of Chloe it wasn't caring about if she died during the week because it was trying to gain its own balance.so it's not entirely chloe's death. all blame goes for events for bathroom events which's non-sense because Max changed things in the past also.

Damn. How can Kate and Vic(?) Rach(?) dare Chloe to do that?
They're hella sick and I, for one, am appalled by their actions.

I think it's all but confirmed that Max's power came from Rachel.
Like the storm, Rachel is the same in every timeline- dead at the hands of Jefferson and Nathan. However in the timeline where she knew Chloe, we see her spirit and Max has powers. In the timeline where Chloe and Rachel never met, we do not see the doe and alternate Max's diary makes no mention of any powers.

Kate and Rachel according to the Tumblr page.

Then who's that mafia looking guy?

His limp after getting the knife in his leg is hilarious in episode 4 thou.

No definite answer (yet)
If it is Rachel's dad, is there any indication that the woman is not her mother? She could just be seeing her parents but not have that great of a relationship with them then. Remember, in the original timeline they are no longer looking for her but in the alternate timeline they are. There some difference in Rachel's life across the timelines even if her fate was most likely the same.

That was the best result I could get. At least he lived and seemed to be friendlier later on in episode 5.
I played episode 4 the day it came out and there was some bug for me where I would try to rewind only a little bit but it would get stuck and just keep going through to the very start of the conversation. At the time I started to think it was showing that Max's power really was bugging out and she couldn't control it.

Then he's a villain like Jefferson.

Have you noticed that it types
>LIAR
nearby the man. Yeah he doesn't seem so much friendlier.

>in BtS we are gonna solve 'mystery' between Rachel's bastard dad and his bitch
>this was her family secret
we always expect too much,come up with awesome theories,yet when the more they give information about the game,we always get disappointed as result.

>One moon disappears when Jefferson shoots Chloe.

Your very first point is wrong. At least try a little bit.

Maybe. I really do think he's another Prescott. Not Sean or Nathan, maybe another son of Sean. He just looks really similar to them.

Rachel's secret is probably going to have some kind of supernatural element.

Instead of anticipating depression, who's ready for some Chloe happy moments in the prequel?

I really liked how Chloe wrestled him, and shouted "Motherfucker!" before stabbing him. It was so invigorating to behold.

No matter how happy we see her in the prequel, it will sadly never be as happy as she was during her week with Max

Well, obviously.

Even so, they will not be genuine.

tell me one good reason to not cry.

Even at her happiest in s1, it still makes me sad how much Chloe is clearly hurting

Of course it will be genuine. As sad as time as it was overall, I'm sure Chloe had a lot of good moments.
Doing fun stuff with Rachel, wrecking stuff with Frank, discovering who she is as a person. Even if Chloe obviously misses her dad and Max, she was still able to be happy at times. That's a point the game must stress.

It's so apparent . It's laced in her words, her posture, her glances, and her anger.

Max tries to bleed it out of her; she takes the pain, and soothes the burn, but it's so plentiful that I wondered if it would consume Max, as well.

In those moments of healing, Chloe recognized the feeling of someone trying to piece her together, and misses Rachel's finesse ("I wish Rachel was here").

>"I'll always love you... Now, get out of here, please! Do it before I freak. And Max Caulfield? Don't you forget about me..."

youtube.com/watch?v=3JWTaaS7LdU

Is that cut dialogue? I've never heard her say that in any of my playthroughs. That must've been a terrible ending, or maybe just part of the nightmare sequence.

>LiS 75% off on steam

We're gonna get flooded by more idiots, arent we?

>his bitch

Rude.

I've never heard it either. I hope Max doesn't have too many nightmares over what happened.
Maybe she can learn to control her dreams and stuff, or if one does frighten her and wake her up then Chloe will be there to comfort her.
Just as Max will be there to comfort Chloe if she ever has a bad dream.

>Oh, my Chloe. It feels like we've lived a thousand lives this week. I'd do anything just to wake up next to you. Maybe if I... get to the lighthouse... this will all finally end.

clyp.it/s4a1m2q0

>tfw Max loves Chloe no matter what.

>"Chloe... I love you."

>"You better. And, I’ll always love you. Now, get out of here, please! Do it before I freak. And, Max Caulfield? Don’t you ever forget about me..."

clyp.it/gdwncean

>tfw Chloe was making love confession for Max in either way

I dont like the way the endings are labeled. The only thing you are deciding to never do in the 'sacrifice Arcadia Bay' ending is to never go back to the bathroom and allow Chloe to die. You still have dozens of pictures from throughout the week in your bag. The idea that by ripping up the butterfly photo you are giving up on the rest of the town is silly.

What's up with all this unused dialogue?

The idea some people have that Max is killing people by saving Chloe is silly.
It's a storm. Even if it was caused by her powers it's still an event that can happen naturally. Everyone in the town is free and capable of taking action to save themselves, Chloe is not.

The first clip, about going to the lighthouse... Was that a real cut line? Was it supposed to be after the Bay ending?

Max generally feels like she gained short-term amnesia during the entirety of episode 5. Jefferson's drugs must have fucked her up.

>[Chloe lightly snoring and Max mumbling about the nice dream she is having]

They are confirmations for those who are still in delusion. You can even cuck warryncucks with those leaks.

Evidences in-game were totally enough (but too bad many of them acting like they've missed it or trying to ignore it) they ended up gettin' cuck'd , anyway.

Maybe it was the drugs, the stress, and all the timehopping. no doubt Max had gone through a lot and wasn't thinking clearly on the cliff until she fully realized her feelings for Chloe. She'd realize a day or two after the storm that she can go back and do so much more. At least to ensure Chloe's family and all their friends are given proper warning. Everything will work out fine.

And when Chloe wakes up earlier to get groceries

The extra dialogue they recorded but never used is kinda weird. It'd be genuinely interesting to get a copy of the script the VAs were using ... it seems like the developers had a whole bunch of ideas they weren't yet totally sure of yet, so they recorded a bunch of additional audio just in case. The stuff about Nathan knowing about the storm in Episode 4 being one of the more extreme examples.

No it was in dream sequence.
But Dontnod didn't want to make her love for Chloe more obvious while it was overwhemingly obvious from journal.

me on the left

That could be, but it's most likely a bad case of French writing

I wonder who was behind all of these...

Max likes to sleep in when she can.
Chloe's a morning person and gets up to get ready for the day. She lets Max keep sleeping but takes pic related and leaves it on the pillow or table next to Max.
Kisses Max on the head before going out.

do guys remember while they were denying it,saying that there's no such a thing then sneakily tried to delete it with update.

Good morning /lisg/, what are you gonna do today? Today's friday, that means a whole lotta weekend full of cuteposting is before us!

Where does this play again in the game? It just came up on my spotify and I was suddenly hit by a truckload of feels
youtube.com/watch?v=mqxqC4xrDfQ

They still left in Sean's cryptic email that was clearly referring to the storm, I guess that just got shoveled in with all the other "red herrings"

When you're driving Jefferson's car to the Two Whales I think

Dark Room also still straight up called the Stormbreaker Bunker

The pictures from past are useless, remember she tried so hard to escape from the dark room but she couldn't change anything major with them. Maybe with the one she took with Chloe she could do something,but french hack-writers wouldn't let her to get better ending anyway

The more important thing about endings is:
>Sacrifice Arcadia Bay- She ripped up the butterfly photo,this shows how certain she is.
>Sacrifice Chloe- She didn't rip up the butterfly photo,she could've rip it up but didn't.Why? :)

like they ever needed stormbreaker bunker...

When faggot Nathan was making his confession before Jefferson coming for to kill him.

>I didn't want to hurt anybody
>That's why I waited for making this confession until I realize I'll die

I don't think they ever denied it, did they? Michel even directly addressed it at one point: he said it was a concept they were playing around with, but in the end didn't add into the story. Still a little cheeky to put it into the episode's trailer (it's not like they can deny *that* usage of it), and to bother to delete the lines from the game files after they were tracked down.

IIRC, the real controversy it all kicked off around here had to do with whether the "Nathan knowing about the storm" stuff was really just some idea they were playing around with during development, or whether it was something they intended all along but then dropped for whatever reason (budget?). Michel certainly claimed that the game still ended as they intended, and, again IIRC, none of the quotes the developers actually said about budget issues suggested that they had cut/changed anything for those reasons. But at the end of the day, we just don't really know.

I think this is probably overstating things a bit. None of the Sean Prescott stuff was ever particularly clear or conclusive. Lots of allusions to bigger things, Nathan's future, etc, but nothing that solidly implies involvement in any of the supernatural elements. IF Michel's statements were true (they were messing around with the idea, but it wasn't set in stone), then I think it all fits pretty well: all of his statements could be storm-related foreshadowing; or they could just be banal backstory/context for Nathan, highlighting his father's overbearing personality.

But that's a big "if". Years later and the developers haven't had a more candid discussion about some of these issues in Ep4/5. I wonder if we'll get a bit more following Season 2?

yeah at first they denied then some fan asked with its audio and they've said ''nah it's not a big deal'' and immediately deleted it after the update.

funny thing is they left Logan's unnecessary dialogue but only deleted it. weird

Can you send its screenshoot? I don't remember

I am NOT a fangirl! This shit was as clear as day