/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Tried to find what the Pendant did
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/wgfcUqaM

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/214251
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/214252
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/214253
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/214261
youtube.com/watch?v=Vf2YfJITuEQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is this not a faith weapon? Why must I be forced to choose between it and muh miracles?

Someone please tell me that at least lightning arrow is good at 40 fth so I don't feel the need to oscillate between 2 builds

>wedding ring

first for upcoming cut content

it's a faith or dex weapon.

40/40 dex/faith is only ~15% less damage than 22/60 dex/faith and your miracles will do 50% more damage at 60 than 40.

>waifu garbage

>implying this is the the only cut content.

Wow they managed to mod and crack blood b. That's cool and all but when to we get to unused weapons man!

is this the dress the queen of the vilebloods wears?
>NOT NEEDED

>it's a faith or dex weapon
>16/22/60 DSSS gets it's AR raised by a whopping 21 compared to 18 Faith
>meanwhile 40/40/18 gives you 117 extra AR in what is the Swordspear's main damage type already with 26/40 STR/DEX getting you that AR twohanded as well

It's a fucking terrible 'Faith' weapon, the only benefit you get with Faith on it is enough to use the Sacred Chime of Filianore and some healing miracles.

Well the WA at least does crazy dmg at high faith...

If you're making a pure melee build, why are you using swordspear anyway? Go 80 dex.

16/22/60 is so that you can cast while using a weapon that still scales with your stats. You trade optimal damage with swordspear for optimal damage while casting, but you don't lose as much as you would with a lightning infused weapon that has no native faith scaling.

>NOT NEEDED

>dress
>"NOT NEEDED"

L-lewd!!

(you)

Will 10 dex + a sage ring 2 cap casting speed?

Thanks my man, got any more!?

Because Swordspear does decent damage at quality stats while having one of the longest halberd/spear movesets. A build for it is perfect for low Faith requirement miracle shittery.

>16/22/60 is so that you can cast while using a weapon that still scales with your stats.

Except as established Swordspear scales terribly with Faith, it'd be like getting a bare stats to wield the regular Dragonslayer Spaer and saying that's great for Faith just because it has native Faith scaling that's awful.

>but you don't lose as much as you would with a lightning infused weapon that has no native faith scaling.

That is objectively untrue. There are over dozens of other weapons that pair better when casting with Faith especially if you're planning on casting due to the Swordspears slower 1H spear moveset. A Lightning Lothric Knight Sword would cost far less in melee stat investment and would have better natural Faith scaling than Swordspear and would be a better melee option to keep out because it's a Straight Sword among many other better examples.

To add to this visual representation of what I am talking about. The Lothric Knight Sword would out damage the Swordspear still even at base melee stats to wield.

how do you get the swordspear moveset with 60 faith casting, without using swordspear?

>>meanwhile 40/40/18 gives you 117 extra AR in what is the Swordspear's main damage type already with 26/40 STR/DEX getting you that AR twohanded as well
Wut? So I can have 26/40/40 AND do optimal damage with it?

40 FTH min is necessary becuz I like miracles. I'd take it to 50 if I did something like pic related

REMINDER TO WELCOME SALE KIDDIES WITH A PROPER DARK SOULS ASS FUCKING AND A POINT DOWN

What does that mean? The Swordspear moveset is terrible for casting on a 60 Faith build, the 1H moveset is the slower spear one and the 2HR1s need a great amount of poise since Swordspear has weaker 2HR1 poise than every similar glaive-type attack with the WA being very slow and only safe to use in the start of fights. Once the buff is out you're left with a spear/glaive hybrid with mediocre damage that requires armor investment you likely can't get if you have dedicated caster stats. If you're a caster who wants to have minimum stats to use a weapon again something like a Straight Sword would be far better, or the Crucifix of the Mad King which is literally dedicated to pure Faith builds.

Yeah pretty much, that would be an alright build if you want super optimal damage actually. You'd need Chain most likely since your offensive stats would be wildly spread out but as far as gimmick builds work that's not bad.

Gib pyro build

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/214251

Decent spells to replace mercury and hail for invasions?

>Yeah pretty much, that would be an alright build if you want super optimal damage actually. You'd need Chain most likely since your offensive stats would be wildly spread out but as far as gimmick builds work that's not bad.
I was seriously considering it until you dropped that 100+AR when 2h at 26/40 bombshell. Or what that the difference between 26/0 and 16/22?

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/214252

Is what i've been having a great time using.

Can anyone help me with a dex'ish faith build for sl70?

>Or what that the difference between 26/0 and 16/22?

Do you mean 26/40? A base DSSS at 16/22/18 has 403 AR twohanded. Raising STR and DEX to 26 and 40 each raises that up to 500 AR even twohanded. That's considering the majority of the Swordspear's base damage is already pure physical. Optimally if you are ignoring raising Faith you just want that stat spread and using the WA which selfbuffs DSSS' lightning damage after using it for a limited time. Raising STR up to 40 does give it that 500 AR onehanded but it only increases it to 511 twohanded still so it's not that great an investment for 14 points. Now if you really want to raise that Faith putting it up to 40 or slightly lower to get just a little extra lightning damage while getting good heals out of miracles like Med Heal and just to use Lightning Arrow wouldn't be bad. Here's a basic build I cooked up optimized for this, edit it to your liking or desired SL: mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/214253

Your whole argument is basically
>"the faith damage scaling isn't higher than the dex scaling therefore I cannot possibly ever use it on a faith build, no way at all to do that, nope. Have to go pure dex nothing else."

That's like saying there's no reason to ever go refined longsword because you lose damage over an 80 dex sharp longsword. And if you truly believe that, you're a complete fucking idiot and care more about AR than an actual build or strategy.

where's the new skipintroscreens DLL for 1.35?

But I'm not saying that at all, I'm saying Swordspear genuinely does not synergize well with Faith builds because the scaling is awful. Even in the mugen build I linked above raising Faith from 18 to 40, the weapon softcap, only raised Swordspear's Lightning damage by 18 points. It's more like saying you shouldn't use the Moonlight Greatsword on a STR-build with minimum INT just because it has some physical damage and STR scaling.

How bout dis for a fun gimmick? Lightning Clutch can go somewhere in there for pve I guess

Just got dank souls e on steam today tho i didnt buy the dlc. Was thinking of getting the season pass but i have no idea how it works since ive never gotten one before. Is it basically just all dlc discounted? The two dlcs are the only ones right, thats it?

Looks fine, END is a little low for my personal use of something as big as a spear/glaive but you got decent Vigor and enough Dex to make it do decent damage.

The one you posted was gud, although I felt like the END was overkill unless I'm using ultras and I like having at least 18 ATT. Also why Med Heal? Is it the hot new healing spell?

30/26 mlgs: 491 damage
16/40 mlgs: 553 damage

MLGS suffers a 13% damage penalty by leveling strength instead of intelligence, even less of a penalty than swordspear.

But instead of saying "swordspear has a damage penalty by using a faith build" you're saying it's completely useless and dismissing the fact that 15% damage might be worth the penalty in exchange for being able to cast by saying "well the moveset isn't good for casting anyway"

Med Heal is really fast and since Projected Heal got nerfed is probably the best speed to healing cost ratio miracle in the game.

It's not just a 'damage penalty with a faith build' it's a severe lack of actual damage scaling given the investment you're putting in for it which is why you need at least decent Dex, otherwise why even use it compared to other things I've mentioned. It's not good damage at all on pure Faith which is why the best suggestion to go along with that one anons wish is some Dex/Faith hybrid.

What did they do to proj heal?

They nerfed its selfheal on casters shortly after the DLC release.

Going to start my second SotFS character this weekend. Anyone have sliders for a female that I won't want to constantly hide under a mask?

So far I have only seen 1 player summon for demon prince. Maybe it has something to do with me being sl 80. I tried using Gael but he died before I even got 10% of the demon prince's health down. I can already beat the demon in pain and demon from below every time on my own so it's not like it did me any good. I've never been able to get more than half of the demon princes health down.

30/26 mlgs: 491 damage
16/40 mlgs: 553 damage

MLGS suffers a 13% damage penalty by leveling strength instead of intelligence, even less of a penalty than swordspear.

But instead of saying "MLGS has a damage penalty by using a strength" you're saying it's completely useless and dismissing the fact that 13% damage might be worth the penalty in exchange for being able to use greatshields or other offhand strength weapons..

20/40/18 swordspear: 481
16/22/40 swordspear: 421

Swordspear suffers a 15% damage penalty by leveling faith instead of dex.

But instead of saying "swordspear has a damage penalty by using a faith build" you're saying it's completely useless and dismissing the fact that 15% damage might be worth the penalty in exchange for being able to cast by saying "well the moveset isn't good for casting anyway"

Kawaii desune

>just spent 30 minutes gradually chipping down a host's random Sunbro at the beginning of Crucifixion Woods because they were too pussy to progress through the level with a single invader lurking around
>zero Watchdogs come to my aid
Seriously? I thought the whole problem with Watchdogs was that there were too many of them trying to invade into such a small area, where was my help?

It is useless for STR unless you're dedicating that STR to other things since a base 16/26 MLGS has 479 AR, meaning those 14 points of STR give you 11 AR only. That's perfectly fine if you're using it with other things but the point of my argument is that if you're leveling for damage it's not worth it which you seem to be arguing from a completely different and argumentative front. If you want to use MLGS and Swordspear in those ways nothing is stopping you, I am only pointing out there are more stat efficient weapons that you could use if you want to say cast miracles or use greatshields to go with them instead. That's just my opinion, no need to get angry user.

What do I need to level adaptability to so I stop getting hit by damn near everything? First time playing DS2 and this shit (among other things) is absolutely killing any drive to keep playing.

you like frozen?

>It is useless for STR unless you're dedicating that STR to other things

news flash

you can dedicate those other stats for other things

like dedicating faith for MIRACLES!

And if you assume everyone is leveling purely for min-max damage then you need to stop playing the game because there are other builds out there.

But as said I am pointing out that if you're mainly going to be casting there are better weapons to do it with than the DSSS, and at this point I think this argument is just circling down the drain in repetitiveness.

ADP doesn't save you if you're rolling too early or too late. ADP doesn't save you if you roll into their hitbox.

Some people can get away with

I'll take whatever I can get.

I'm pointing out your logic in assuming that players can't play a certain way, therefore those ways are pointless.

when you get beat by a swordspear caster, do you think "HE WOULD HAVE BEAT ME EASIER IF HE WAS USING SAINT'S BIDENT"?

If I like the swordspear moveset, regardless of what your /opinion/ of it is, then I think a 15% damage penalty to be able to cast miracles is just fine.

Source

I am fully convinced they just accidentally reversed the elevator direction and it was supposed to descend into the middle of the caldera.

I have a couple questions about DaS2.
First: Does anyone have the most recent tier list for it?
Second: I'm going STR for quite a bit of the playthrough until I inevitably go 40/45, but that'll probably be after a respec after beating the game. Is the Broadsword still a better choice over the Longsword? I have the Estoc for poking but I know the Longsword just has a better moveset than the Broadsword, despite the sweeping 2HR2s roll catching sometimes.

What do you guys think of

16/40/50

vs

27/22/60

Other stats are pretty much the same. The latter sacrifices like 30 AR for however much moar dmg I get from miracles at 60 than from 50

>because there are other builds out there.

builds that probably blow chunks

Longsword is still a better choice overall imo.

The latter seems like a better option if you're going to be casting more.

Maybe I'm too used to all the other games and their rolling but here it just feels so off and I keep finding myself taking hits when I know I shouldn't be.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/214261

Is that enough poise to at least get through 2h SS?

60 to 50 faith is 10% damage with miracles.

So you lose ~7% weapon AR to gain 10% miracle damage. It's worth it if you are doing 1.5x more damage with miracles than physical attacks in a normal battle.

Just to confirm, you're not doing anything retarded like rolling AWAY from attacks or starting your dodges while the opponent is still tracking? Enemies rollcatch more than in other games, which is by design.

Thank you. I'll upgrade a Longsword and grab the +7 Broadsword from Brume Tower when I get there.

DS2 rolls are progressive so every change in equip % matters. DS1 and DS3 rolls don't, so you always start off the same with a "familiar" roll.

Once you get used to rolling at, say, 50% equip load you'll be fine. But then try to do the same and roll at 70% and it will feel weird.

> 40/45

why?

Dex doesn't increase cast speed in DS2. There's no reason to go to 45 dex, just go all the way to 50 where the second softcap is.

Estoc has an extremely good moveset.

Broadsword is mediocre.

FUGS and Powerstancing Bone Fists. I'll have 96 agility and be have less health than I'd like, but that's the price of a build like this.

how do i make the brigand twin daggers worth while to use?

they are a lot of fun but my god they are fucking weak.

95 hours into DS2, and I can't tell the difference between 39% and 69% in terms of rolls, just stamina regen. IFrames are the most important factor for dodging most attacks, and they don't care how heavy I am short of fatrolling.

you do realize that SL meta for DS is 150-250 right? Not 80-120?

You can very comfortably fit 50/50 on a 40/40 vig/end build with 32 adp.

I'm rolling into them to get behind them or I'll roll away when I know for sure (or think I know for sure) that they're far enough away to avoid getting hit.

I got DS2 today, anything I should know before I start?

What's the best FP-damage ratio lightning bolt?

This isn't backstab souls. You're probably getting clipped by the arcs of their swings.

You get stronger by having more and better equipment options, leveling up is how you can equip more things. You are ONLY as strong as your weakest stat.

Use a torch in almost every area, there's some gimmick or mechanic in most areas. Turn brightness down.

Almost every boss is optional, focus on gathering lots of equipment, not rushing bosses.

There's 5 different paths from majula. Areas get harder the further away from majula you go.

It's the easiest game if you play it like a traditional RPG (collect items, explore dungeons, customize a lot) it's the hardest game if you try to play it like a hack and slash (rely on reaction time and min-max one stat)

Agility increases your roll iframes and item use speed, weight % affects your walking, moving, and rolling speed/distance. Level up adaptability and use light armor if you want to feel faster and less restricted.

Use the items the game gives you, don't just let them sit in your inventory.

Gundyr is fucking impossible what the fuck

>kill a blueberry via gravity as a purple
>don't get kill credit for it
Why is this a thing?

thanks user

I was aiming for 150. I know Bandit has one level up on Knight to get the same stats, but I'm just stupid enough to care about my starting class. I haven't done any PvP in forever, so I am probably making a huge mistake in thinking that 39 Vig is low, but I recall 26 End being a "magic number" in my personal experience.

Probably lightning spear. Sunlight spear does twice the dmg, but costs a little more than double the FP. The extra damage for point blank hits might be different though.
Lightning arrow might be better still for efficiency. Not sure how its damage compares, but it's cheaper than all the spears

How did I just invade as a spear when I don't have the covenant equipped?

Argo will pull any players attempting to invade or who have put a sign down (white or red) anywhere within the Ringed City, to become the boss.

Ludex?

Just got dark souls 3 from steam sale, haven't played any souls since dark souls 1 back when lucifer and his claymore's were a thing in these threads.

What does a build look like in DS3? I feel like the introduction of vitality makes it hard for me to understand how to distribute stats.

It was really easy in DS1 since it was just 40 40 40 40

Obviously not Iudex you fucking retard.

Level vigor past fucking 27, maybe stop at 30. VIT is for wearing armor, knight lets you wear most of the stuff in game at base stats. Level up to 20+ and you'll be fine if you want to wear something heavier. Stuff soft caps at 40, but 60 is optimal for FTH and INT builds for maximum damage. STR and DEX are relatively the same since spike 1 with their 40 soft cap. However 66 STR or 80 Dex are the higher level caps.

Level Vigor to at least 35.

Endurance you can get away with around 30 unless you're swinging an ultra.

Attunement is generally not needed on a melee build unless you really like using special moves.

Unless you need hyperarmor, ignore Vitality. Only equip enough to stay under 70% load.

Quality is shit now, either go 66 Str or 80 Dex.

If you're going caster, either get 60 Int for Sorceries, 60 Fai for Miracles or 40/40 for Pyromancies.

Luck is the Resistance of DaS3, don't level it unless you're doing a Luck build.

>What does a build look like in DS3? I feel like the introduction of vitality makes it hard for me to understand how to distribute stats.

You can do a lot of builds in 3 and they are good. The only problems you would have is if you want to make a caster since that requires knowing the locations of damage boosting rings which are really crucial for casting and the locations of the spell tomes and merchants. Otherwise the best general builds you can do are softcapping an offensive stat to its second list, like 60/66 STR or 80 Dex, or softcapping two offensive stats at their first softcap ie 40/40 STR/DEX or INT/FAI. There are lot of weapons you can get for all sorts of builds I can recommend depending on what you want.

>Ludex
>L
you fucking retard

There's a bunch of shitters coming in from the steam sale, what did you expect me to believe faggot? Most of them haven't gotten to dancer and passed Consumed Garden yet. And if youre having a problem with champ learn how to parry, and don't bother trying too hard in his 2nd phase because he roll catches shitters like you instantly.

see: 40 endurance in DS1 = 40 endurance +18 vit in DS3 (fast roll on 40 equip load)
40 str/dex/int/fth in DS1 = 60 in DS3

If you mean a 120 build, 40 Vig, 40 End, then stats get a little different depending on what offensive tools you want to use.

Thanks for the help / advice guys. DS3 is a lot of fuckin fun so far.

the dual daggers look pretty fun so i was hoping to make something around them

just use this video

edit shit like hair and eye color

youtube.com/watch?v=Vf2YfJITuEQ

They're good with a buff build, but that's about it.

>the dual daggers look pretty fun so i was hoping to make something around them

Those aren't the best weapons but if you want to build for them I suggest infusing them with Sharp and going up to 60 to 80 Dex if you can. Or a 40 Dex + 60 INT/FAI buff build, again they are kind of mediocre but they're workable as PvE weapons.

>ywn own a pet doggo cleric who will spin to you whenever you come back home

what does ywn mean