Veeky Forums's favorite / dream cars?

Mine is pontiac firebird trans am

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_DeLorean
amazon.com/How-Build-Performance-Pontiac-Design/dp/1884089674
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh and have you guys seen a DeLorean irl? I was walking by a university hospital summer 2015 and in the lot I spot one parked with custom plates; "DOC".

Probably some badass doctor owned it.

>DeLorean designed a number of vehicles throughout his career, including the Pontiac GTO muscle car, the >>>Pontiac Firebird, Pontiac Grand Prix, Chevrolet Vega, and the DeLorean DMC-12 sports car, which was later featured in the 1985 film Back to the Future.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_DeLorean

>In 2007, about 6,500 DeLorean Motor cars were believed still to exist

kind of a rarity

Thats my favorite car too OP, currently rebuilding mine.
Those aftermarket snowflakes are shit tho

Can't decide. Tired of spending an hour over this decision unsuccessfully whenever this thread comes up.

Weren't these the cars that made like 200hp despite having a fuck huge 8 liter V8 or some bullshit?

Saleen S7

i remember after Bruce Almighty came out some little fuckwit in highschool was talking about this a lot, but thought it was a McLaren F1, when i told him he was wrong he flipped out and called me a moron, so i printed out pictures of both cars and stapled them to his back

fucking cocksucker.

i'd have to cut a few inches out of my legs to fit properly but it'd be worth it

VW Golf Mk4

220 if you had the w72 400, welcome to late 70's america

Feel free to post more than 1

why a few inches?
go full legs amputation
make a bracket to hold your half self in place on the driver seat
connect your now useless nerves to a micro-controller which in turn will activate actuators on all the necessary parts (steering wheel, etc)
6 months of physiotherapy to get your brain used to your new bottom layout

congrats, you're now the world first 250 centaur

This right here. Def going to import one to the US in a few years.
>tfw I’ve set myself up well enough that I could afford this by age 23

Not my favorite car but it's a car I want, I love how it looks, it has a powerful engine and is luxurous.

You can't just staple paper to someone's back man

Buddy just got one. Looks like absolute dogshit, beat to hell, "I hate hoes" spraypainted across the side- but it sorta runs. He has a 400 waiting to be dropped in.

My dream car: 1970 Chevelle SS454. Preferably the station wagon model. 1969 Camaro RS is a close second

I seen a Delorean IRL, i had just got off work as the car show had ended and was stuck behind this jackass in a DMC12 going 10 under on the highway. Then got pissy when i tried to pass him and matched my speed

This mostly because of nostalgia. Parents had one back in the day.

you were a lucky kid, that's one of the prettiest cars ever made imo

Dreamcar #1: Corvette C3
Someday, hopefully before I get my pension...

Dreamcar #2: Ford F100, preferable from the second Gen.

deloreans are supposedly going back into production

companies should actually do this more often

Dreamcar #3: Aston Martin DB11
I think this one is the only real Dreamcar of mine, because I look forward to own a F100 or C3 someday, but the DB11 will always be out of my financial and logical capabilities...

My pops grew up driving a yellow 69 SS camaro that got stolen from him at gun point, so ideally if I had $1M to blow on a single car it would obviously be on a replica of his SS, just to get a picture of the look on his face.

Other than that, though, a 63 split window vette would turn my dick into diamonds.

did he start carrying his own after that?

Nah, he's never bothered since we live in California and the gun laws are trash. He doesn't know that I know the real story behind his Camaro, he always told me he sold it. Still young but I'm finally working my way into jerbs where you gotta dress nice, so there's plenty of time to save up and give it a shot.

well, I looked at firebirds on ebay real quick and they are around $20-30K, not terribly bad.

Shelby GT500E

Yeah it doesn't need to be some Barret Jackson type car, and between now and me saving up an extra $30-40k to spend on a Camaro, I might even find a neat roller project car that would make for a good nostalgic rebuild with pops.

He bought his SS for $600, dropped a battery in there, wiggled his ass in between the crumpled door and gear stick, and proceeded to roast the fuck out of the tires.

Yeah. Emmisions raped power output. As did cheap manufacturers lacking the will to innovate engines, and the transition from gross to net power

It was the one V-8 pushing 210hp in an era of sub 200hp pushrod engines.

I actually found a fucking mint 81 Turbo TA on CL in my area for $6000. Had less than 75k original miles, all original paint, and it was my favorite color option on any TA ever; metallic gold with the classic gold TA honeycomb wheels.

I wish I had the extra dosh when I found that gem.

We are getting some great american muscle cars over here, i will aport with the srt Demon

Mk3 Celica supra turbo
I would clean the living hell out of the engine hay and then i would also modernize the interior

>third gen
>Celica Supra

Uh ...

Is there anyway to un-cuck the motor by removing/upgrading all the emissions bullshit?

pt1

I've seen at least 7 different examples, between museums and on the road

amazon.com/How-Build-Performance-Pontiac-Design/dp/1884089674

The pontiac masters divine wisdom, find a pdf online.

pt 2

pt 3

pt 4

excellent taste

Just like this

good to see Pylmouths

sexy esp with red interior
I got to have a look at one in person
southwards car museum has one
along with lots of other nice things that make me max jelly
old stock tho
no new parts

this along with the w8 and gt90
America can shine if it wants to
lots of hidden and failed projects out there

buddy.

Interceptor from Mad Max
Or
Jaguar Type-F

They suck; overpriced, garbage motor, zero mods available, parts are rare/expensive, and the meme fans are almost as bad as the Rick and Morty fan base. They handle pretty well, though, and look neat.

>tfw the car i want so bad is appreciating so fast i'll never be able to afford it
Feels extra bad

Lul, forreal? I own one, my first car. Cant really compare it to much else but I like the heavy steering and simpleness

Truly a clown in our society.

1979 F100 Stepside is a pickup truck i'd like to own someday. It'll be more fun to rebuild one from the ground up desu.

honorable mentions:
1969 Chevy Camaro
80s Dodge Ramcharger

1972 C10 Cheyenne Super Shortbed with a full load of options including a 402ci engine and TH400.

Preferably one that's blue or teal.

That’s not a regular c3 unfortunately.