/ovg/ - Bill Elliot Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. FUCKING READ IT FOR FUCKS SAKES All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing ARCA and Sega Rally on Saturdays! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/7a6QCJR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for RR3

>join WAT1

Picked up a G29 today in anticipation of GT sport dropping tonight

E X C I T E

>forza doc not in op

5th for shadow government removes the discord again from the OP

discord.gg/7a6QCJR

I just got done with 3 laps of mug in an AWD GTR LM and I’m running 2:02
I think your issue might be more with driving line than car, because there’s not many ways you can build this stock engine to S class
I don’t have the GT4 so I can’t look at that, sorry
But my best suggestion is to pick the one you like more and go to the test drive option in the pre-race screen. You don’t get paid or get exp but you can turn on your ghost in options—> HUD
Go in there and start hotlapping yourself. Are you using a gamepad? Try normal steering and ABS on. My shitter ass uses both with no shame

>tonight

Yes tonight. West coast master race 9:00pm launch time.

>mfw normies finally play Sport and realise its not like the previous GT games at all

Project Cars 2 a best

Good thing I played the betas and loved it.

GT:Spork is approved by the GOAT which means it is the best sim to ever be released. Not even the game that his brother helps with earned such respect.

No more GT6 now that sport is coming out?

Yeah but it's not the 18th, or even the 17th

Your complimentary custom GT Spork cover has arrived. Featuring a shitty rendition of the Red Baron SLS and some dead memes.

Save the printing and cutting for when the servers go down on release day and you're fucked watching the main menu because always online is such a good idea.

I give in

it might actually gain more players depending on how disappointing Sport is

M8

It drops 12:00am Eastern time which is 9:00pm Pacific time here in burgerland.

Forgot pic

I've found that awd cant hit neither the handling nor power benchmarks

Atleast not on cars that aren’t AWD stock

Why aren't you going to your nearest Round1 arcade to play Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5?

How often are you satisfied with your own driving?

I know I'm a formidable driver, but I still need a lot of improvement to keep up with the faster racers.

Ayy

No user, I'm asking how often do you look back at your own driving and feel that it was good, ignoring other people, ignoring that somebody was faster or slower than you, judging yourself purely by your own abilities. You know that feel, that feel of satisfaction where you know you did enough for today...

NR2003 vanilla series when?

Never

I've played 5DX+ overseas but I've only found WMMT3 near me

Why keep doing it then?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I have nothing else to do

I never do enough.

>turning the wheel while mid-air
you got a death wish or something?

WHY does japan refuse to release home versions of their arcade racers nowadays?

Because arcades are still a big thing in Japan

but if they released shit internationally they'd get even more money.

also you don't have to tell me, i was there just last month. Newest initial D is a shitpile with no eurobeat.

But what if they don’t care about gaijin money?

What if the queen had a penis? Then she'd be the king

Double Aces?

Never noticed.

Wait, I meant Infinity.

Had DA on my mind because I was thinking about the trailer.

There is a lot of things you could be doing.

How do you stand it then?

what are you talking about?

How do we fix /ovg/?

First state whats wrong with it.

y'all can barely play arca without crashing

Arcade racers only

I keep playing and try to get better.

So you keep doing something and hope one day it feels good?

like what?

remove series circlejerkers

circlejerking with the elite

with more fun

One series allowed.

messaging services are for fags
and that still leaves me with nothing to do than drive whether i like it or not

I keep trying to get better so I can slowly get higher on the leaderboards.

I'm not even in the top 100 of any game I play.

I've never felt good about it because it's not good enough.

Physical activity such as sports or fucking.
Artsy shit like playing a guitar or piano. Drawing.

>I've never felt good about it because it's not good enough.
So you keep grinding away at it in the hopes one day it will feel good?

>sports
i stopped doing sports years ago when i used to get migraines
>fucking
:(
>guitar
tried that, didnt get anywhere. the lessons weren't the best imo. guitar has been in the closet for years
>drawing
im better than the average person but not that good and cba to put in time to improve

i dont play vidya because i want to m8

Don't you get it? I will never feel good about racing games.

>tfw 28
>tired of video games
>have no interest in hobbies
>working two jobs
>sit at the computer, at home, with no idea what to do and sometimes browse Veeky Forums
>Veeky Forums hasn't been as enjoyable as it was years ago
>masturbating is beginning to get boring
>novelty in driving is starting to wear off
It's starting to dawn on me I'll be 30, soon.

>i stopped doing sports years ago when i used to get migraines
Start slow numbnuts and drink plenty of water, be sure to get get plenty of minerals such as potassium, magnesium and some salt.

> :(

You can do it, but you ain't going to do it by never leaving the house. Kinda like that old joke about a beggar wanting to win the lottery and god says to him "can you at least buy a lottery ticket first?"

>tried that, didnt get anywhere. the lessons weren't the best imo. guitar has been in the closet for years

What's the difference between the guitar and driving for you then?

>im better than the average person but not that good and cba to put in time to improve

But you can put time to improve driving?

Again what's the difference mate?

>i dont play vidya because i want to m8

You play it exactly because you want to. You want a distraction from your woes, so everyday you hope to distract yourself enough to get by.

>Don't you get it? I will never feel good about racing games.
Why not? Why shouldn't you feel good about it, heck at least momentarily, why shouldn't you enjoy it or be satisfied with the next little achievement you get?

Could be worse. You could be a neet at 28 and reaching 30 with no money or job. Remember it could always be worse, try to appreciate what you have and got for yourself.

Yeah, I've always think about several scenarios from the day I graduated high school and place my current reality as the normal or middle ground reality, where another could be doing a lot better, only ever working one job as a manager or director, and another where I could be spending my 10th year being homeless.

Thaaat's the spirit. So enjoy the fact that you aren't at least a manchild in his late 20s and that you actually have independence in your life.

Just roll with it. I dont mind having someone else drive the same car, although i didnt pick it just for the performance

>novelty in driving is starting to wear off
>tfw irl driving is shit
>tfw vidya can only do so much
>online play is and will always be trash

desu i dont fuck around with migraines. its just not worth it
i cant talk to people much less get pus

>What's the difference between the guitar and driving for you then?
there were no lessons and you can fuck up and nobody hears it
>You want a distraction from your woes, so everyday you hope to distract yourself enough to get by
exactly. i play because i have to. the other option is death

Fuck this gt sport shit why did it take them so long just to release it they said PS4 was so much easier for them than ps3

>desu i dont fuck around with migraines. its just not worth it
So your solution to not having mirganes instead of figuring out what's wrong with your body, what's it's lacking or whats fucking with it is : Let's stop physical activity.
Mate, gentle exercise helps your health, you should do something easy and slow at first and let your body get used to it, also check your food, stress and sleep and posture to figure out what is so terribly wrong that your body is having a panic attack.

>i cant talk to people much less get pus

yes you can, you literally have to go though the same shit almost everybody else has, which is trying to talk to people, fucking up and eventually learning how not to be autistic, most people go through this at a younger age but hey better late than never.
The other option which you probably will chose is better later than late, but trust me it's not as good as it seems.

>there were no lessons
Pfff you can get a basic simple melody and enjoy learning that, the equivalent to racing would be learning to drive instead of learning to race.

>can fuck up and nobody hears it
Life is too short to worry about random fucking nobodies hearing/seeing your mistakes, even more so if you are a nobody yourself. Don't be that guy who is too much of a pussy to fuck up and have fun once in a while because of what others might think.

>exactly. i play because i have to. the other option is death
Good you understand shit is bad, now how about you stop just distracting yourself and either enjoy yourself or do something productive. You can't keep running forever man, you either shrug and enjoy the moment, or you get serious and do shit that will help you.

>not the t500

Enjoy your absolute trash

>: Let's stop physical activity.
yep. has worked for over a decade and it better than having one every day

>yes you can
no. i have no innate drive to communicate with people

>you can get a basic simple melody and enjoy learning that
that was all the lessons were and it was boring as shi
>heres some notes
>learn it for next week
>ok practice for an hour now so i get paid

>Life is too short to worry about random fucking nobodies hearing/seeing your mistakes
its all fun and games until it legitimately keeps you up at night

>either enjoy yourself or do something productive
i dont enjoy going outside when people are around and i cant do anything productive because i keep fucking up my opportunities or just get dealt a shite hand

>You can't keep running forever man, you either shrug and enjoy the moment, or you get serious and do shit that will help you.
option 3: a belt

>He fell for the GT: Sport meme

This kills the rF2.

>yep. has worked for over a decade and it better than having one every day
As mentioned above putting no strain on the body might work in the short term, but you really have to address the underlying problems which put your body in such vulnerable state in the first place.

>no. i have no innate drive to communicate with people
You telling me you don't want to talk to other people sometimes, or have a g.f or at the very least bust a nut into a grill?

>that was all the lessons were and it was boring as shi
>That doesn't sound r-
>ok practice for an hour now so i get paid
Well no fucking wonder, don't pay somebody to teach you the basics a google search and a youtube vid would have done you better and cheaper.

>its all fun and games until it legitimately keeps you up at night
IT LITERALLY DOESN'T MATTER, the only reason you are huffing over pointless shit like that is because you don't put yourself out there more. You lack perspective which is exactly what you get if you actually put yourself out. Boxing yourself in works well in the short term in terms of stress relief, but very soon anxiety will shoot up, depression kicks in and small shit that doesn't matter will start effecting you like life and death situations.

>i dont enjoy going outside when people are around and i cant do anything productive because i keep fucking up my opportunities or just get dealt a shite hand
then go outside when there is no people and attempt to not fuck up some more opportunities

>option 3: a belt
Thinking shit like this doesn't help you. Realistically make an effort to either enjoy the time you have, or to spend it in a manner that fixes your life woes.

A FUCKING RADICAL

>You telling me you don't want to talk to other people sometimes, or have a g.f or at the very least bust a nut into a grill?
no

>don't pay somebody to teach you the basics a google search and a youtube vid would have done you better and cheaper.
youtube wasnt what it is now then

>IT LITERALLY DOESN'T MATTER
>anxiety to the point of interfering with sleep dont matter

>then go outside when there is no people
not possible

>Thinking shit like this doesn't help you
neither did the power of positive bullshit

fuck off SJ

>no
Well that's unusual.

>anxiety to the point of interfering with sleep dont matter
Anxiety is at it's strongest when you are avoiding something and are overthinking it. Actually dealing with shit is far less stressful thank worrying about having to face it at some point.

>neither did the power of positive bullshit
It's not about being a positive muppet, it's about not wasting your time.
If you E-n-j-o-y how you are feeling, fine! But if you ask me it's a waste of time to half heartedly do things just to distract yourself in hopes of "one day maybe something changes".
High changes nothing will change until you do something about it. So you have a legit option to try to change things ever so slowly.
Option B, you are so fucked you have no idea how to fix anything and you literally wont do it, okay fine. Then enjoy yourself faggot. You have given up fixing shit for today so enjoy the time you have.

Picking the middle road of not really doing anything, not really enjoying anything, and just pressing "skip" button on each day of your life is the BIGGEST waste of your time.

So kindly, please, try do avoid this.

not sj. ist he that guy that was too fast for /ovg/ so he got chased out

>Well that's unusual.
oh

>Anxiety
by its very nature is irrational

>it's about not wasting your time.
thats why i do nothing :/
im basically option b

>not sj. ist he that guy that was too fast for /ovg/ so he got chased out
hahaha SJ jesus fuck you do this every time, your posts are too regocnizable

My Driving Force Pro is so excited for GT Sport that it suffered a heart attack and died. Heading down to the electronics repair shop tomorrow to see if a new power supply will revive her.

>by its very nature is irrational
Yeah but unlike an animal that has no reasoning ability, you are a human with a higher cognitive function which sometimes lets you overwrite that lizard brain of yours and move past traumatic experiences/or lack of experiences that leave your life in shambles.
Not saying it's easy, but if you think you possibly can't do it, then you are deluding yourself for the sake of again "temporary comfort".

>thats why i do nothing :/
>im basically option b
Except you are not mother fucker. Remember where this conversation started form? Why do you drive, why don't you enjoy it, why don't you do something else or enjoy what you are doing already.

As I said, either enjoy yourself or be productive and fix shit. If you aren't enjoying your time and you aren't doing something useful for yourself THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU WASTING TIME?!

And for the record if you plan to kill yourself then don't be a retarded pussy about it. Plan 1 week of activities you were always too scared to do, and do em, you going to die anyway so whats the problem with what Susie will think of you or what ever.

Maybe you will finally learn life isn't shit and turn around.

Second pick a death that isn't for old people. Jump off a plane with no parachute, climb a giant cliff with no safety, try fighting a shark.
>but it's painful
You will be dead within seconds and pass into non existence, might as well pick the best seats to the end of your life.

>couldnt spot an obvious dig at the middle school tier drama of /ovg/
>this must mean i am sj

>why don't you do something else or enjoy what you are doing already
cause i dont enjoy things meng . that kind of the point

>you going to die anyway so whats the problem with what Susie will think of you or what ever
yep. confirmed youre a power of positive bullshit type of guy

>Jump off a plane with no parachute, climb a giant cliff with no safety, try fighting a shark.
and also 15

>blogposts about anxiety and bullying in /ovg
that leaves us the mentally ill cuntholes and SJ

give me a quick rundown on the second coming of senna

when you no longer go for a community you got kicked out of, you're no longer an SJ

T300 owner here.
I tried out a G29 the other day.
You fucked up.

that tells me nothing about sj

fuck off sj

>playing Grid for a while
>still shit
>still have fun
>don't care aside from when those fucking cunts at Okutama run me off the road death race style

Why are you even playing racing games?

>Fw 190 D-12 with a 500Kg bomb out-turns an unladen Ki-87

Migraines? Start smoking weed.

i wont because im not the founder of /ovg/

DUDE

This isnt /wtg/

>he fell for the reskinned g27 meme

Sorry, the tabs are right next to each other.