clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Cram in completely unbalanced civil era tech here:
mwomercs.com/civil-war

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=239&l=8f183fcf603ef0d82b0b1e3061f6d3d1c0d7b93c
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=239&l=0926a438cd9182700f4ec79c44fc8f777af5def5
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for play crossout

2nd for play crossout

3rd for play crossout

40% off both MWO Performance Packs and HGA for Steam Summer sales.

Also combo breaker.

5th for play crossout

Pay to win summoner is not bad

>when your damage is the same as your screen resolution

What the fuck am I seeing.

8th for play crossout

How is Heavy Gear Assault?

How does it compare to MWO? It looks like a faster game, but would like to know what some who played think before I buy.

play crossout

The beta is ok.
The UI was shit, hopefully they changed it since I tried it some months ago.
I think it's still a year from a proper release but it has potential but the dev team is pretty small.
If you like speed, tanky robots, and realistic weapons and hitboxes then it's probably up your alley.

So it's a bit closer to an FPS than the slower MWO?

There is potential for it to have more simulation elements despite the generally faster pace. Resources including fuel, electricity and hydraulics are tracked and tied into the various parts of the V-Engine that can be individually damaged and destroyed affecting mobility in different ways depending on whether walking or secondary movement mode is engaged.

The damage model currently consists of external armor sections that define the appearance of the Gears attached to a common internal skeleton that combined have around 37 damage locations. The Gears in general are more like a combination of armored trooper and APC in terms of mobility and armor being able to strafe, go prone, walk, run and roll on wheels or tracks in the feet. They can store a few weapons on leg and fuel tank hardpoints and can carry some extra weapons mounted on the shoulders and engine, though primarily swap the stored weapons in one or both hands in a fashion similar to a trooper.

But they are not the "kings of the battlefield" like Mechs and are more like ProtoMechs in size. There are Striders that are closer to Mechs in size and operation that are generally crewed by a pilot and gunner and carrying heavy support weapons, along with tanks and hovertanks that are typically the heaviest units with the most firepower. Those units have had placeholders already appearing in the previous Market UI but with the most recent UI update it appears the focus is on the current selection of Gears for the moment.

Melee is also going to be a prominent feature and should be coming up in a modular release soon. It looks like they are currently working on upgrading the user experience throught he UI and concentrating on the competetive elements for some upcoming tournaments that are in the works.

Good info. Thanks a lot. Is there enough of a player base?

Looks good but Steam says I can't buy it.

The playerbase is tiny unless you're playing during friday or saturday when the devs get on.

Kong set up some 3v3 matches when they were checking it out a while back.

I got a beta key a long time ago before it went on steam so no clue about that.

According to a couple stats sites there may have actually been close to 12,000-20,000 owners shortly after it was released on Steam between early backers and promotional keys given out. In more practical numbers though during the ealier alpha testing the servers would get up to 20 people playing at a time testing out new patches, there were around 220 players that hit the minimum listing requirements on the older leaderboards when the main site was up, which is currently being reconstructed, there were roughly 60 people that actively participated in the first alpha tournament that had various prizes backed by a few commercial sponsors and there are usually around 55-70 people hanging around on the Discord channel at any given time.

It's hard to say how many people have access to the game but the bottom line is there aren't very many people continuously playing yet because of the current state of development it is in, and the devs have been very much nose down into the work and haven't done a sustained long term drive for marketing and getting the word out, though there has been a decent amount of media coverage especially moreso internationally as major milestones were hit. It's entirely likely that it's going to take the upcoming tournaments, the reopening of the main HGA site, a few more added features and ultimately the full initial release that sounds like is targeted before next summer to really get a sustained player base going, and it's going to take some streamers, youtubers and competetive teams starting up to get that drive going.

There will be quite a bit of features set up towards commmunity driven dedicated servers that can have customized gameplay settings and it sounds like they are maybe planning a mission/map editor or something along those lines where it'll perhaps be more similar to MW4 for being able to run player created content and such, so that could also be another source for getting things rolling for active participation.

Also they did recently get the license renewed through 2022 by Dreampod 9 that owns the Heavy Gear franchise, so they are definately sticking with it for the long haul.

Where da kakos at?

company outing at the coast
be advised

Let's hope it's worth while.

>8 cs(p)l hellbringer

lights never popped so fast

Kakos "Koastal Kommando" Kolos

>decide to use mgs and flamers for keks
>actually get a few kills

Poatoes pls.

praise kekos kolos

more mechs; more power!

Hmm

>everyone muted
What's the point of being in mumble then?

That's what the AFK channel is for

Bump

King Crab 000 Y or N

>tfw you see your name.

Y

Summer bumpo

Does cool run affect all heatsinks, or just engine heatsinks?

If I have a 6x ERLL build with 28 total DHS on my Supernova, should I get cool run, or are those 19 or so skill points better spent giving me double coolshots and more armor?

saving bump

It should affect everything with the percentage. Not sure if it is calculated on your entire cooling rate or calculated individually for each heatsink (so different bonuses for engine and external HS), but most probably the latter since they are supposed to be destructible.

Full coolshot upgrades are always better for energy vomit builds, followed by heat gen reduction on the weapons tree and then finally Cool Run.

To newfriend Hydro who wanted to know how I did so much damage in a Summoner:

2 ERPPCs

Why are King crabs so fun?

>always been interested in HGA but it was way too expensive for an EA
>now on 40% discount
>check steamdb
>only 2 players online

>gold men playing scouting in a civil war IS vs IS event

How do I have fun in mine? Most games everyone fucks off and leaves me and/or I get focused down too quickly. I can't even get it skilled at a decent pace because I'm lucky if I get enough exp per match to add even just one SP to it.

I wanted to brawl with mine, so I got the 0000 for the ac20/srm/medlas synced range wombo combo. But once I do get into range I'm lucky to get much damage done before going down. My armor just feels like cardboard in this thing. I'm sure part of it is that I'm not playing it properly since I'm not used to assaults, so maybe I need to change my loadout to something else while I get more used to this thing before I try a brawling setup.

On that note, I would very much appreciate some good KGC-0000 builds.

>playing a King Crab in solo or without syncing with friends.
Man, you just love punishing yourself, don't you?

I will admit, I didn't think this one through. I like the way it looks, it's suddenly on sale, and I wanted an assault that isn't limited to laser vomit since the only assault I had was the champion banshee from the one event.

don't talk about shit you don't know about.

if you weren't a retard you'd know mech warrior is supposed to have a balance mechanic with heavy impacts making mechs less stable and capable of knocking them over. the BT game has this mechanic as it is a BT game, a video game version of the table top.

>being such a retard you don't even know about timing your lance's initiatives so you unbalance an enemy with lurms and ac to put them into knock down to give the rest of your lance free called shots to the vulnerable mech

knock down would signle handedly put an end to potarting faggotry.

>poptart jumps, gets his in the face with srms / ac /lrms / gauss falls over backwards and lands on its head crushing the cockpit for a metric fucktonne of dmg killing the pilot. or it lands on it's back coring out the back armour and engine killing the mech and cooking the pilot o death in the flames

I feel your pain. I want a King Crab too. I bought a Zeus instead. I'll probably pick up another Zeus before the sale's over.

I just seem to do well with this

you need a 350std and some get guds

Nice blog, have you considered using Imgur

>

Where's the pic of the 420 Japanese Mac Highlander?

>tfw comfy with retrowave and assblasting opponents

>30 leg armor
>4 tons of ac20 ammo in legs when you have CASE in a torso with space
Delete that build right now

Thanks for the free kill

Lights = big brain

KGC just isn't a very good assault. It's slow, it's a big obvious target even uncoordinated players will automatically focus and 2AC20 causes ghost heat.

>How do I have fun in mine?

You don't. Its too slow and after the engine fucking they are even worse (didn't think it possible). Hit box is huge and the mount locations are terrible. The only redeeming factor is that they kinda look cool but there are far better options.

That shitter send me an invite a few weeks ago

I declined it

There's many shitters on MWO and even on the Memble

Your duty as an elder Konger or Kong Lord (perhaps both) is to educate them in the ways of git gud, to teach them that legging is part of brawling

no one shoots the legs ;)

thats the one thing that really pisses me off.

Easy way round it but just annoying

>have to play shitty faction modes for event, or else you don't get free warhorns
>matchmaking takes a gorillion years, even for scouting
I fucking dread every time they have an event that makes you do faction stuff because the wait times are atrocious.

>play shitty fp
>at least some semblance of teamwork
>switch to qp later
>geriatric racing wheel human garbage lurming walls and cliffs in silence
>wp reds

I managed to achieve the 1k faction match score in ONE (1) invasion match.

just run something like this instead. depends on how slow you want to have to stand going. you should be able to strip the lbx for an ac20

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=239&l=8f183fcf603ef0d82b0b1e3061f6d3d1c0d7b93c

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=239&l=0926a438cd9182700f4ec79c44fc8f777af5def5

>Russticles asking community advice on further development on twitter
That's it they're out of ideas. Real life support mode now.

I keep getting matched up against big fucking organized groups with my side being a complete team of randoms with absolutely no communication beyond the occasional bitching. I don't understand how we're winning the invasion bar, because every match is just my team getting stomped.

All I had to do was drop with Konglets and call out targets to focus using in-game VOIP. Pubbies were still retarded and would only semi listen. I assume they were only partly sentient due to shitbuilds with LRMs and inability to follow simple directions half the time like:

Go to X location
Shoot Y target in Z location

Not to be letting thread being dying... more mechos.

I'd like to pick up a Zeus and maybe a Crab during the sale. What are the best variants?

27, 27b, and 27sl are all pretty similar. Take the sleep if you want a jumping pulseboat, the 27 if you want dual ams, or the 27b if you want heatgen and slightly different hardpoints. No experience with the 20, or with any flavor of zoose.

Is there anything unique I can do with a Stormcrow now that a Linebacker or Hunch IIC can't do? Thinking about selling them and replacing them with those.

>Something a linebacker can't do

>4x MPL 6x ERSL, 20 DHS, mk1TC
>8x ERSL, UAC/20 with 4 tons ammo, couple of extra DHS
>6x ERSL, 3x S-SRM6

Can you do insane amounts of cERSL spam?

Unfortunately no. Stormcrow either runs out of space before you run out of tonnage with ERSLs, or you supplement your 9-12 ERSLs with heavier weapons and run out of heatsinks to keep yourself running.

My current favourite of 8x ERSL & UAC/20 runs rather hot with its 12 DHS. It's able to alpha strike for 80 damage (provided you don't get fucking shafted by piggy code), then wait until the UAC20 finishes its cooldown and do a one-two combo (ie. shoot 6x ERSL, wait 0.51 seconds, shoot the remaining 2x ERSL and double tap the UAC20 for another 80 damage total).

Hello Hydro,

Thank you for your interest in employment at Kong Interstellar Security Solutions. We would like to schedule a time for any interview.

Please join our Mumble server and proceed to speak with our recruiter Rather Dashing.

Contact information:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Not now.

It'll never happen, because once upon a time Paul got chainrammed to death by Goons for the lulz.

Besides, stuns are something that really isn't happening in MWO. Along with ammo switching, real jump jets, and intelligent design.

Well you can't go wrong with an UAC/20 minus it jamming, so I guess that's interesting.

CLBX5 any good or is the CUAC5 just better?

Always UAC no matter what unless you want to meme or play lb20 (uac20 gets raped by the 10second jam)

I wish the after game screen was more detailed

I would want detailed damage output per weapon, damage per enemy mech and damage taken on each location

Is it too much to ask when most other free to plays have a similar relevant system?

What?

LB 5-X's are better than UAC5's when you can mass 6 or more of them. Unfortunately, only the Dire Wolf can put on 6 of them. At that point, it becomes rather common for your UAC5's to jam, sometimes all of them, so the LB 5-X's steadier DPS can win out.

For every other scenario (ie. 2-5 ballistics available), the UAC5 is better. More burst potential, and generally you'll have supplementary weapons for when it inevitably jams.

>it's a "retard splits off on his own at the start of the match in a non-light and bitches in voice chat when he gets ganged up on and killed first" episode
What the fuck did you think was going to happen?

bump

>it takes a million years to get a lock on a locust because scan box for the lock is smaller than the actual targeting box and it's like trying to click on unfixed gondar in dota 1
epic

So what are you going to ask Russ in the Town Hall tonight?

BANE?

Brand new player here, what are some good things to buy during this sale?

LOT OF LOYALTY FOR A 40-YEAR OLD MAN

IF I REMOVE THAT MASC WILL YOU SHUTDOWN?