/fg/ - Falcom General #4

Cutie Edition

Previous Thread: >A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- New CS3 scans: twitter.com/Gu4n/status/877415040466337793

- Falcom currently planning a new game and remake for the Ys series. Kondo would also like to do more with Falcom Gakuen

- Trails in the Sky the 3rd finally out for PC on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store

- Trails of Cold Steel I & II confirmed for a PC release, first game will be released on Summer

- Trails of Cold Steel III is on track for a Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive, details such as the story and some new characters have been announced, such as Tita, Agate, Tio and Randy confirmed

>Other not-so-new news

- Check out the content of the last Tits FC & SC updates, specially the translation improvements ( xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization )

- Tokyo Xanadu brought by Askys, will be released for Vita on June 30th, and the improved Ex+ version for PS4 and PC on late 2017, although Amazon has November 24th, 2017 listed

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA, If you wish to complain, do so to Falcom, not XSeed (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

- Most games published by XSEED now to be developed with a PC release in mind ( gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind ) (end of the 9th paragraph)

Pastebin: pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/vita/722590-eiyuu-densetsu-ao-no-kiseki-evolution/faqs/74205?page=11
youtube.com/watch?v=bIuZGeDUU4U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Calvard when?

I spent a lot of my time riding buses to get to places and completely forgot where some of those monster chests with high level warning labels were.

I don't see a problem with Trails taking inspiration from one of the GOAT JRPGs

Get comfy, it's going to be a long wait for localized CSIII.

It's already been blatant, I wouldn't be shocked if they went all the way with it

Tita!

Remember to thank KeA for bringing you to the timeline where you can play her games, EOPs!

Outside of Tangram gate and straight to the left - level 30 chest
West Crossbell highway 2nd screen, down and to the right - level 35 chest
Right below the doll factory bus stop - level 35 chest
Straight to the left on the road that forks to the Stargaze tower - level 25 chest

Can't remember if there were more though.

I'm on chapter 4 in Zero. What's a good place to farm U-Material? I need 23 more to upgrade everyone's weapons.

Temple of Stargaze for easy u materials as well as the weakshit abyss worms in the Moon ruins.

I want to eat-a KeA!

>CS3 is released
>it's revealed that Osbourne and Arianrhod held a coveted affair to create the perfect LN baby to save Erenbonia

how would you react?

Shrug and keep playing

What's this?

Random status/parameter down quartz?

Another question, how do I not make randy useless as shit, he just seems so outclassed, Lloyd is busting out big boy numbers all the time with his self buff and randy just sort of, is there.

Ao chapter 4 for reference

I don't recognize that quartz, is it from Sky Evo?

Ao.

Dunno about Ao but it looks like the Bind Spirit quartz from Akatsuki that at the start of the battle lowers the enemies stats randomly.

He's nice for the time delay but outside of that, yeah, he can be pretty meh in relevant fights. At least his ATS isn't completely hopeless.

WOOOOOOOOOOW

Never trusted any portraited NPC again.

Congrats user, you're at the part in Ao where the hype goes through the roof
It doesn't stop

Oh. my god.

You are the yes no one who will execute you it's me

>Arios' response when Lloyd asks if he was Guy's killer

What a pain in the dick holy shit.

>Missed rozenberg side quest in Zero for a mere 1 fucking point
>This is my 2nd playthrough and failed both times
Fuck this DP system.

Enemies that you attack on the field (outside battle) will have their movement slowed down.

thanks

That was probably the most frustrating battle for me because his gale dispels Tio's max barrier.

What a fucking man.

God damn.

Not like you can, since starting from Cold steel, they use the 3D models for "portraits". And even randos have them.

I really, really, really like this image.

Shut the fuck up Dino.

Here, have another one

DON'T TRUST ANYONE

man, the bosses on 3rd are so annoying, SC's were more balanced and fun

>Either Altina will become the winner
>Or Alisa will be the winner and Rean/Alisa take in Altina to be part of their family

>Or they leave it ambiguous like they did with Lloyd

Doing that way would probably btfo every single party at once while keeping them all happy. Until when Rean has to bring someone with him in Calvard/crossovers.

>ywn see Tio move on to a happy relationship with someone else
Harems were a mistake.

Xenogears sucked, though. It's just a shitty plot dump.

Just use this guide for quartz (and other stuff, too. It's saved my EOP ass on numerous occasions):
gamefaqs.com/vita/722590-eiyuu-densetsu-ao-no-kiseki-evolution/faqs/74205?page=11

It's not on there user

Would Sara go for Osborne if he actually showed interest or would she go tsun on him?

You mean Sara would have a go at killing Osbourne if she could get away with it.

Osborne wouldn't stoop to screwing a Bracer.

>Josette and Kloe are free to pursue their own happiness
>Anelace, Tita, Schera and Ries never wanted Joshua's dick
>Adopted Renne
>In a loving monogamous relationship with Estelle
We need more Joshuas as our MCs

To be fair, she's only 16 years old in CS3. She has plenty of time.

Tio > Rixia > Elie > Randy >> KeA

She'll be stuck wanting Roido-san until he rejects her for Elie in the final Kiseki game.

Here's the objectively correct list

Tio = Elie = Randy = Kea > Rixia

Rixia only because i barely saw any development on her, since i only played Zero.

Good post.

>game crashes on trying to play blackjack and poker

If you're playing on PPSSPP then try saving and reloading (real save, not save state), that fixed the issue for several people. You could also try to bypass the issue in the japanese version, save and then switch back to the english one.

My PPSSPP works fine for those. The only crash i saw so far on my end, is trying to play the slots, everything else works fine.

I'm using the Vita emulator, I'm that same guy who posted about his cookbook crashing on the 1st page but not the second.
The latter is a good idea, I'll try that.

Or maybe I'll just get sick of this shit and switch to PPSSPP already.

Actually the translation made it harder to understand some scenes for me.

>180531438
Hovered the spoiler by mistake, damn. It's always like this. I just can't stop lurking threads when I'm trying to finish a game. Is this autism?

could be worse, you could've done that with don't

I've been cross-checking some scenes from the Zero spreadsheet and it's been pretty helpful. If you know moon in some capacity you can also look up the evo playthroughs from youtube for voiced lines.

>Not just patching the PSP version with Evo voices to play along the translation

youtube.com/watch?v=bIuZGeDUU4U

How?

I actually prefer having no voices since I can read faster that way. And anyway, last time I checked getting that to work seemed like a pain and no one here has managed to do it, right?

Is that related to someone from IBC? The wiki already spoiled that for me.

Yeah i just posted it to be cheeky. It seems like the guy who made the translation also responded on the video, and said that it may require even further messing around if the translation messes with the lines.
Like Grace's lines in the race, are supposed to be way faster than normal so she can go through the text fast, but in the translation i noticed the text moved normally, so some lines were cut short.

yeah
shame, that's probably a fun one if you don't see it coming
I knew before playing it too, but I wished I didn't afterward

Oh yeah, that does sound like a problem indeed. I took a look at the instructions myself earlier out of interest but I have no prior experience in this sort of thing so most of it just went over my head. Maybe one day someone can figure it out and make it work with the patched version for those who'd like it.

Pretty much the only time I wasn't spoiled is at FC's epilogue because nobody ever mentioned Weissman with his fake name around here.

I'm pretty sure people throw his face around quite liberally

> Not just learning moon and finish everything long time ago.

>Not just being omnipotent and knowing every there there is to know

>tfw get spoiled on who killed Guy
Fuck, is there even a good guy in Crossbell outside of SSS?

This man is your friend, he fights for FREEDOM AND JUSTICE

Where can i find the 10k Furniture item for Elie? I found the other 3, but i'm not sure where her's is.

St. Ursula's inn

Thanks.

I love how they all banter at Lloyd when he makes any remarks about having fun with other girls.

Elie's jealous as fuck the whole game.

No, that's why Osborne had to come in and clean up the mess.

you can leave any time, imperial apologist

Tio's cat ear antennae look stupid! STUPID!

>Defending Crossbelllians
Reminder that Crossbell allowed this to happen. Osborne is the chemo that corrupted city needs.

Well shit, Lloyd is going to jail it seems.
Also Llya is too good for this world.

>implying Cedric isn't on same stuff as of now

Osbourne has his own dubious little girl companions.

>CS prologue flash-forward
>Everyone is using their full uniform jersey
>Finally got that point in the story
>Everyone is in their summer uniform
Huh? What the fuck, Falcom?

It's always weird when NPCs point out shit like this.

Quite similar to Zero's flash forward in a way, don't you think? Not related to uniforms, but how Only Lloyd, Randy, Tio and Elie are there, and when you reach that point, Joshua and Estelle are with you.
Plus some faces that weren't there in the flash forward. I think it's not a mistake, it's on purpose.

And who was it that was perfectly fine with Hartmann again?

They're gifts for his son, and besides that they're treated well.

Does that imply the ILF DID fire the gun?
Because without prior knowledge of the series, that scene looked like a lame build-up.

Meant for

Probably. Everything to make SSS safe. She such a good kid.

It did actually fire before getting completely fucking annihilated. The aion in Crossbell blocked one shot and then sent the other one through a portal.

I think you got the timeline a bit wrong. Yametekuree was at trade conference.

Man, that was so annoying in Akiba Strip where CS1's opening was playing with Rean going "YAMETEKUREEE!" over and over again anytime you pass by an area or two.

Wait a minute...

>Llya
>Lly
>Ll
>L

Well, i guess it was kinda obvious.