Best car ever

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cWxFXXW8a4M
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autobianchi_Bianchina
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its not that simple OP, you need to tell us why this is the case and why you love the car that much, first.

Fuck off commi fag

50 mpg
any repair can be done in an hour
super cheap
ultra low maintenance
most parts cost under $100
you can buy an new engine for $1000 in the mail
no oil changes
completely mechanical/analog so it cant be hijacked or tracked by feds and will survive an apocalypse

yes mai carfu

when youre the only good thing communism ever produced

Fair enough, the drawbacks outweigh the advantages if you ask me, but i cant stop you from loving what you love. Hope you manage to buy one if you havent already, user.

LIES

i live in the us so when i get enough money(im in highschool) ill have to import one from england

You have to be 18 to be on this website.

M O D S
O
D
S

i am 18. im a senior. also that only applies to nsfw boards

Least he's got the taste to like an odd east german shitbox instead of the newest Porsche crossover or something.
Then again maybe he's just a hipster.

i am the exact opposite of a hipster. i just like the car itself as well as the economic benefits.i can put up with any drawbacks, im pretty handy.

>best car ever
Ivan has just discovered internet

My pride and joy.
Can't wait to finish it.

nuff said

>no dougscore given
Into the trash it goes.

what have you done already and what do you still have to do to get it roadworthy?

>actually driving downhill in trabant is pretty mad. It has a freewheel to prevent 2stroke from running dry. (No engine braking)

only 4th gear has a freewheel. You have to coast in neutral if you're too slow for that

anyway... downhill is basically "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!"

So far, besides buying it, I cleaned engine bay and engine case of dirt, oil and hay and also changed tires, since old ones were worn out.
It has technical inspection due to 2019 from the previous owner, so it is technically roadworthy, but still needs:
>carburator cleaning and adjustments
>wheel adjustment
>rear lamps change (they are in acceptable condition, but with a few cracks)
>rust cleaning, waterproofing, interior clothing and paintjob

youtube.com/watch?v=cWxFXXW8a4M

>88
noice. Did it come with the fuel economy gauge?

Yes, it did.

Rule #1 of Trabant Club
>REEEEENNNNNNG

Rule #2 of Trabant Club
>dengdengdeng

Rule #3 of Trabant Club
>see #2

The Trabant's selling point that it was by far the most popular of half a dozen or so models in East Germany, and manufactured for several decades, so service opportunities and spare parts were EVERYWHERE and still are to an extent. Obscure free market tinycars were just one of hundreds of different models.

>The Trabant's selling point

The trabants selling point was that if you got one you could sell it for MORE money because its demand FAR outnumbered the supply.

oh so it does absolutely nothing other than get you from point a to point b

Yeah sounds like a piece of shit to me.

cool every car ever is a piece of shit

it applies to the entire website

The trabant looks comfy and cute af. Just swap an LS1 in that and it'll fix the power problem

it's only comfy if you're a manlet

There was no selling point.

If you could afford it, you applied for a Wartburg, otherwise for a Trabant.
And then you waited for 10-12 years because the composite body panels created a bottleneck in the production process and they couldn't make more Trabants even if they wanted.
Demand was high due to a complete lack of competition, also everyone and their mother ordered one.
>finally recieve trabant after 10 years
>immediately apply for the next one or have another family member do it for you

Imports from other block countries were rare, and even if you were alloted a Zaporoshez you could consider yourself lucky over the trabant drivers.

Doug DeMuro fit in it no problem.

i don't know or care who that is, but i'll assume he is a manlet.

>Autobianchi Bianchina
>Obscure

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autobianchi_Bianchina

It was basically a Fiat 500

>newfag that doesn't know Doug

Perfection coming trough