/indie/ - Indie and Obscure Games General

Last Thread : >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Age of Decadence, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

site.scfworks.com/?page_id=8
youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why is Niko so cute?

friendly reminder niko is for making friends with and feeding pancakes, not for being mean to them

>mfw 7th Stand User 2 is finally getting a demo
Now, If only we could get Vento Aureo, this summer would be one of the best.

Reminder to not call shovelware with a randomizer "roguelikes"

>shovelware

Why is CCN deckbuilding so fun?

I did not even get any stickers or cards for buying games. But I somehow got 12 cards shortly after the sale began and I solved one task.

Are there any quests besides the simple stuff, or do we have to wait for video game related stuff later?

Also, is Starbound considered indie?

The cards are based on a very fun universe.
Also lol at that ancient cult of knights that abandoned their nobility and humanity by putting their brains into carrots so they could pray to their dark god for thousands of years to eventualyl become him wearing a nuclear getup with pins.
Man Ittle Dew 2 had such good extra content.

Even before checking the picture, I already knew what to expect.

I need to take a break from Veeky Forums.

>is Starbound considered indie?
It's mostly considered trash.

>It's mostly considered trash.
Sick burn.

>mostly considered trash
[citation needed]

shit, son

I want you to buy Niko's gameand DLC

wew

card city nights 2 spoilers

Yeah, I guess it is indie

>game
Already did.
>dlc
Fuck off

rule hotfix when

Apparently Steam added some configuration to Steam Store that allows you to filter out some unwanted tags (too bad tags are useless)

I knew you could do that to discovery queue, but wasn't aware about this being a store feature until now

SAY GOODBYE TO GOLDEN APATHETIC FROG

Also the card symols are only attack and defend now? Guess the change was done with the new one board for both players change.

I suspect this years summer sale will show people around all the new automatation features that valve put in place instead of hiring people for quality control and support.

The red and blue arrows just denote which cards can match with it. Red and Blue card backs are the Enemy's cards and my cards respectively.
Cards can be attack or defend with the same arrows.

I need some explanations, Valve

Ah neat but I don't see why you would spoiler that.

>10

P-patrick please

>patrick bumping

wait, that's it? Homework Salesman ends on chap 1?

It's not a bad game in the least, but that is waaaaay incomplete. no wonder runalea plains seemed lacking.

What's that? Only 1 chapter sounds like it is early access alpha or something.

Has anyone played Last Scenario? Is it good?

Reminder that if its not fun, then whats the point?

Fun is a relative term.

Can't find that on steam.

It's a free RPG made in RPG Maker: site.scfworks.com/?page_id=8

I've heard it's interesting but there's also other games I want to try out and I don't really like playing several games at the same time.

Certainly looks interesting
>guy that plays 4 job fiesta and trails in the sky in the comments
OK I will download it.

I liked You Are Getting Tired.

Eh, was hoping for at least 50% off on Hollow Knight.

Hyper Light Drifter has been out for a coon's age and it's only just starting to go on sale for fiddy off. Foolish of you to think something as recent and big as bugknight was gonna go half off.

i don't know who you are but i love you

You're gonna run out of patrick eventually.

speaking of HLD:

great battleflow
great hints for secrets
above average artstyle
meh story/setting
meh optional arena
bad UI

I honestly can't bring myself to finish my backlog of games.

It's not because half of them are horror games, it's just because I don't wanna know if it ends happy or not.

I know that feel. I have the same issue with Oneshot and OFF. I can't bring myself to keep playing it because I know something bad will happen to Niko, and I don't want to kill Hugo and be forced to choose between a feline companion and a purificatory entity.

bought one game already; the evil within(yeah i know its not well received but i like the genre/atmosphere). been waiting for a while on this one. allowing myself one more game this summer sale as i dont wanna empty my bank account.

im stuck between either:
icewind dale: enhanced edition(i have all the other infinity engine games) - $7,
sunless sea + dlc - $13
rain world - $12
sproggiwood + caves of qud bundle - $13

i cant decide which one i want, so if anyone would be so kind: first reply that ends in an even number decides which of the above i buy? have an egg for your troubles

Qud

Rain World isn't as fun as it first appears to be, trust me. It has some serious design flaws.

Someone on /indie/ actually acknowledges its flaws? Noice.

thanks for the replies. qud bundle it is!

if either of you have a game on your wishlist for under $7.50, drop your email and ill gift you it.

That's very generous of you, but no thank you.

Hello me.

I'm alright, I have enough games.

Cave of Quds, is shit and not a roguelike.

Fuck, I just realized I forgot to sign up for the Card City Nights 2 beta.

This dang secret door in Darius' tomb ain't opening for me. I've got perception 10, what the heck.

I thought people weren't a fan of all the progress you lost on death.

So how the hell do you as a loremaster get 500 coins before going to Maadoran?

beep boop. whats everyones favorite game theyve bought from the sale so far?

none because i have no money

none because DRM is theft

none because I pirate everything

Sonic the Hedgehog.

Well, you MUST complete Oneshot, because Niko stuck in dying world until you complete it kid will be okay at the end

Yes, I've played it, and I think it's one of the better just-an-RPG RPGMaker games. It has some bugs regarding how equipment works (basically armor is kind of useless I think?), one or two of the characters end up kind of useless to use, and the first part before you get to the third city is REALLY generic, to the point it might put you off if you don't know it gets way better afterward. But its strength is in its really solid writing, from character development to political/war intrigue, somewhat similar to a boiled-down Suikoden type of story. It also has a card game like Triple Triad that has its own game-long sidequest, but it actually makes sense and I found it more enjoyable than I'd thought.

I'd definitely recommend it, some moments are surprisingly gripping and impactful for what it is, just don't be put off by the "I want to be a hero!" generic beginning.

And also I'd recommend Exit Fate, that guy's other RPGMaker game, even more than Last Scenario. It's pretty much straight up homage to Suikoden 2 and I can't decide whether it actually surpasses it or not.

None so far because I have bought a bunch of DLCs/soundtracks and a couple of shmups

I don't have any place for more games in my backlog unfortunately

Interesting, I'll play it then. Thanks for answering.

No problem, always happy to shill SCF's two RPGs, great games overall.

None so far because trails in the sky games are long and well worth the price and I wanted to finish this one before I finally play shorter games again.

And jesus christus this fight was something. I had to cast walls like never before because he can just hit my entire party for half health with one special move.

You become a merchant and beat Mercato at dice. Then you get yourself expelled from the guild before leaving Teron.

youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg

?

Yep, that's definitely a Bloodborne character

So I nuked Inferiae, but the cows in the village are still fine.
Neat.

What is the darksouls of indie games?

...sssalt and sanctuary?

Is this that game they call "Bloodborne"?

Can't stand that game. It's so easy until you get pushed into a corner and fucked. I don't think I ever died in an open area.

That is the virtua fighter 2 (SMS) of indie games.

No, that one is trash. It fails to understand what makes Dark Souls fun, and instead deliver an unfair and tedious bullshittery.

So the game is easy when you have room to retreat and difficult when you need to actually contend with enemies, got it.

>S&S
>unfair
This is how I know you're mad 'cause bad.

>dark souls is not trash
>>>/mainstream/

Hollow Knight

*tips fedora*
Boy I sure do hate [mainstream game]. [Shitty indie bootleg] sure does it better.

>[Shitty indie bootleg] sure does it better.
Who are you quoting?

Is Cave Story a Metroidvania

Kinda. It's a bit too linear to be really one, though.

Ehhhhh, sure

A clone of a trash game is trash, wow

Is La-Mulana a metroidvania?

You just mad 'cause you're trash.
Git gud scrub.

I think so

Yes

Nope, it's a Maze of Galious-like. Gotcha.