HONDA PRELUDE

Redpill me about 5th Gen Prelude

kinda heavy, fwd, back seats are a joke, doesn't respond well to mods at all

pretty good car tho, I really liked the interior. owned two different ones

It's good, but no V6 or RWD. I use one as my daily.

It's a good car, buy one now.

>doesn't respond well to mods at all
But H22s respond great to bolt-ons.

get a teggy instead

DO NOT get the automatic version of this car, it is a particularly bad automatic transmission.

What Oil do you use?
How cold is the AC?
How big is the trunk?

What is fair price for a BB6?

What?

>Mobil 1 Full Synthetic
>AC is fine
>Trunk is ok for my purposes, and the rear seat can fold down as well. I've fit luggage in the trunk.

He means an Acura Integra, but they are harder to find.

0W40 ?

Isnt 4000 RPM at 80 miles a bit high?

How much gas does the car need? How big is the fuel tank?

I haven't looked at the market in a while, so I couldn't tell you off-hand. I understand they're pretty affordable these days though.

>0W40 ?
The manual says 5W30, but some people use a higher weight because the car can burn oil with age.
>Isnt 4000 RPM at 80 miles a bit high?
Not really, S2000 and other Hondas are the same. You might not like it if you have a noisy exhaust though.
>How much gas does the car need? How big is the fuel tank?
I used to get 26-27 mpg highway when I dailyed mine. Couldn't tell you the tank size by memory, but I'm sure it's a search away. Use premium.

leaks oil
burns oil

should have been rwd to compete with the silvia

the h22a4, which is undoubtedly in what OP is looking at, responds like shit to bolt-ons.

Is there much reason to get one of these over something like an early 2000s Accord v6 aside from style points?
They seem to run for similar prices on CL

But that''s wrong. Regular breathing mods (I/H/E) and a set of cams do a lot for an H22A4. It's not like an F20C or F22C where you need to spend thousands for a few extra N/A HP. There are plenty of dyno sheets showing how nothing but a better exhaust will add a noticeable amount of power across the band.

I agree 100%

Autos are slow
Manuals are fun

Idk where you’re from but a 03-05 sportivo corolla is a lot funner

The Prelude has a smaller engine. Cheaper to own and looks nicer.

Also the Prelude 2.2 has VTEC the 3 Liter V6 Accord not.

the base Prelude (if you plan to mod the engine beyond 250hp) is better than the type-SH while having the same engine.

it is like the 3k Civic for Adults

the 6k Prelude

Should I pull the trigger on a stock '99 Prelude ATTS for 5k ausfag dollars as a DD?

owned this car for like a year.
just as fast as every other 4cyl and some 6cyl if you get a nice exhaust and intake and know how to shift.
Very delicate gas pedal and it can be hard to shift but if you do it right you can go really fast or really slow to save gas.
can burn oil at high miles but this shit will last you to 400k if you take care of it. mine is at 248k right now and runs amazing, just put some thicker oil in it. responds fine to mods just have to get ones that fit. dont turbo, super charge it. dont get exhaust too wide or you'll lose backend pressure which is very important for fast in this car. replace the clutch every like 100k or so. transmission is the silkiest shit ever and this car can go to insanely low rpms without stalling and will redline like a mother fucker at like 8200 or something. vtec dope

This thread should just be stickied this point.

Burns oil like it was a Saturn.

Heavy with a good engine, hard to find a non molested one used

I DD one since a year, great car, cheap to own and very cheap to mantain. Sadly, it´s hard to find a non molested one.
Pic related, my ATTS Prelude:

My current car combo:

-low Torque, needs high RPM to actually make Power (3000 RPM and more)
-High Power at high RPM
-revs till 7000 RPM
-VTEC at about 5200 RPM
-heavy car
-FWD
-unique look (can be good AND bad)

its not like a 3K Civic
its more refinded

its the Car for someone who could go for a 3k Civic Coupe, but wants something "better equipped" and dont want german engineering meme (BMW,Benz)

Its a good beginners car

a BMW will destroy you still