I'm financially illiterate and just came into a significant sum of money (about 16,000)...

I'm financially illiterate and just came into a significant sum of money (about 16,000), where should i put it to get long term growth?

>16000
>significant amount of money

Stay poor trailer trash

S&P 500

Lololol exactly what I thought

pretty much this

> muh 16,000 significant....

Forget the market ya moron! You'll lose it all.. Even if you doubled your money, you'd still only have 32,000.. Not significant at all. You can't make money in the market with that little cash except bitcoin, but that's risky too..

If you're smart, you'll use that money to buy a few acres of land with a small house on it, a homestead.. Have some animals and grow shit..

Were headed for economic collapse. Study the great depression, you will get depressed. It will be that X10...

You won't be living in a penthouse, or driving a Ferrari and the work will be hard but you won't starve to death.

keep it in cash equivalencies for now. the market is artificially inflated and not attractive at all for buyers.

Vanguard SP500

>>r9k you dumb troll
Noone who made even $100 would ever say that

Non who made 5$ on their own would say that.

Buy $16,000 dollars worth of chap stick and start sucking dick for ten bucks a pop.

Ignore the LARPing faggots

buy SPY options

When will it happen ? What do you think ?

Vanguard index fund... but if you are prepared to hold for 20 years and add more money as you go. you will have a quite a bit of money at the end.
Google John Bogle in youtube... or index fund investing. It is a passive way, but good for people who dont know anything about the markets.

Read the little book that still beats the market.

Long term growth with decent gains is easy AF

Also if you can put it in a self managed Roth IRA then you won't have to pay taxes on gains once you pull it out at 65.

Put most of it in a highly rated retirement 2050 mutual fund (I'm assuming you're in your 20s) and forget about it.

OP might be from Ukraine.

Buy ethereum

Vanguard VTSAX index fund through a vanguard account with $11k and $5k for an education towards a better job that can afford a house. Listen to me user this is your best bet

fugg $31k is my total life savings i guess i will just kill myself

Don't worry that's more than the average American.

us equivalent would be around $50k ppp adjusted. still i'm gonna need at least 5 times that amount and it took me 7 years to save up. things should speed up i hope because my carrier is taking an upturn. but at least an other 7 years till i get what i need for guaranteed passive living which was my goal all along.