Final Fantasy XIV General - /xivg/

Tourist Edition

Network difficulties due to "DDoS":
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/dd506077db314182ddc2dc15b1d033d72da5630c

An update regarding the status of congested Worlds: sqex.to/Zns

An update regarding resolutions for the instance roadblock and 90k errors on the NA data center: sqex.to/9J2

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/XrCg42ub

Preliminary DPS numbers (current performance does not indicate the direction of future adjustments)

Previously on /xivg/:

O M E G A
M
E
G
A

I need some battlecats.

calm down meria

hej

Yipee!

javla bog

moi

Guys new player from earlier, I'm making a new character but I wanna play on a high pop server. But there are these servers that have EXP boosts on them? What world should I go on? I'm on Aether btw

>started playing on the wrong server
>62 now

i guess i just quit, i wont ever get to balmung and this server(zalera) is literally fucking dead, no players anywhere

Tfw exactly what I'm afraid of

Balmung is a meme.

xfer to omega

this place is pretty neat
its barely 7 am edt

xth for highlanders and comfy mornings!

Is AST fun? The card mechanic seems kinda gimmicky because of the RNG. I've been looking to roll a healer.

Does Mutamix have a chance of giving grade VI materia?

yes but it's rare

i wasted about 100 grade 5s and got nothing but its still entirely possible

who wants to EB a potato

AST Is a lot of fun, you'll need to know the cards by memory because of how much you'll be juggling at 70 depending on what you draw

It is fun, I didn't find it gimmicky after playing it for a while.

So, SAM vs RDM?

A SAM will beat a RDM 1 v 1 every time.

>6am server time
>balmung still shut
Do these neets never sleep?

ryhdistäydy

i once saw a samurai catch a rdm blade mid swing, then he cut his spells in half

So how do I level BTN from 60 to 70? I can't find any new leves, do I just do level 60 ones from HW or grind?

are you not familiar with collectibles? do you have 600 gp?

NA server but strayas and ching chongs play on it constantly.

I have 606 gp but I've never done collectibles

/pet it's okay. Mine asked if it would be okay since I'm a bear.

Is SAM even worth leveling? Or is it going to be guaranteed worthless once it gets nerfed/every other job gets buffed?

collectibles

I don't understand gathering rotations

New crafter here. Is it a waste of time to try and Observe/wait for Good quality to use Tricks of the Trade? I'm guessing it's rigged so you can never actually gain CP by doing it.

Best girl and my wife!

Observe should be removed from the game's core files.

Balmung has been forcibly locked for like a month now, dude. There's no sneaking it, you can't even buy a transfer to get in.

Why? I use it when im burning through my CP after I run out of progress to use before finishing, like in my picture. It's the only filler move at my level.

Literally never observe.
There is never a time where observing would be worth the CP cost when you could gamble on a Hasty Touch or something of the manner.

The one VERY VERY NICHE AND ONLY USED IN ONE VERY SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCE IF YOU'RE SUPER PLANNING ON IT is if you have a bonus CP to spare at the end of a high level craft, you've just used Great Strides and want to fish two rounds and hope a Good quality pops up to hit it with Byregot's Blessing at the very end of the craft. This almost never happens though.

I don't care about meta

I just want to play something fun (and that has a little complexity, RDM seems fun but it'll get boring fast)

So far from what I'm getting, either NIN or SAM "flows" the best, would that be a fair opinion?

Bard feels great now.

Report this OP, this piece of shit has been forcing himself all the time recently

I don't have that skill yet, but I will use it when I do.

>fun
>low complexity
>RDM will get boring

What the fuck do you consider fun then?

Play SMN/SCH jesus christ.

Well, first things first, if you didn't unlock collectibles it's from Morgayne in Foundation 10x 10y.

Click your clock til it says ET for Eorzean Time, when it says 6 am/pm a node will spawn in The Fringes, you can only see it with Truth of the Forests on.

You'll see a bunch of question marks, click the third one, and use field mastery 3 to unlock it, should be a beech branch. then i guess you could try to proc DEs on it, but it needs to be 450 collectibility to turn in.

Once you've unlocked collectibles you'll get a skill called collector's glove, you need to turn that on next time you gather beech branch.

rotation is simple once you get it down.

Discerning Eye > Impulsive Appraisal > if proc then Single Mind > Impulsive Appraisal > if proc Single Mind > Methodical Appraisal

When it doesn't proc you just press Discerning Eye again instead of Single Mind.

Discerning Eye has a 30% chance to trigger from Impulsive, what'll happen is you basically keep the DE buff for the next swing, so if you lose the buff it did not proc.

Once you're 61 you can gather from another node as well, as you can see it's much better exp than grinding or leves.

you don't even need a gathering rotation, get at least 600 GP, preferably 650, walk up to a node that has +gathering attempts on it or an unspoiled, assuming its discovered already, just start the process, Discerning eye + Single Mind -> Methodical -> Discerning -> methodical -> methodical -> gathering buff if you have the extra GP, collect as much as possible, repeat for as long as you need

are xaela abos?

>start playing after two years
>notice sprint doesnt empty my tp bar anymore
>never run out of tp
why does this resource even exist anymore? just to limit aoe spam?

I like how the armour gets more revealing as I level up. Really good touch

These fox ears look kind of silly on elezen

It's a complete waste. What level are your crafters?

That's poopy.

Okay as a brand new crafter, first things you'll want to do:

Get Culinarian to level 15. This unlocks Hasty Touch to use on your other crafters as a cross-class skill. This is like one of the most -required- skills in all of crafting.

Get Weaver to 15, this is for Precise Touch. 100% chance to succeed but only 90% progress strength. This cuts the amount of RNG you need to rely on by a huge amount.

Alchemist to 15 for Tricks of the Trade. This lets you trade in a Good proc for 20 more CP, later on you'll stop relying on Good procs to continue and focus more on building Inner Quiet stacks with Hasty Touch

From here on you'll want to get at least all of them to 15, Goldsmith next probably. Then Culinarian to 37 for Steady Hand 2.
Eventually you will need to get all your crafters to 50 if you want any chance of being a decent crafter. It's a huge investment with great payout at the end.

Poor phrasing, I meant SOME complexity.

Where do you get them?

The last time I played was 2.3. What server I should roll on? And please don't give me that Mateus bullshit, I know it's a meme and one guy is viral marketing it constantly. Sargantas? Adamantoise?

Blue Mage when? #BBTB #NotMyMage

So is Omega dead yet or is it actually alive and filled with lots of players?

stay away from shiteus, it has no community, 24 people in kugane, no Veeky Forums presence but the fishiest fuck this general ever had

i recommend cacutar if it's open

Ultros.

From a terrible fate "chain" in Yanxia. Find a LS to avoid wanting to kill yourself. You can also get a dumb fox.

yea, it also makes skill speed more relevant
theyre neat
with the new skills all this may not be entirely necessarily anymore, although cp is even more of a premium now
you use it when you're at the end of a craft and have your buffs up long enough to fish for a good or excellent on byregots, thats the most obvious use anyways

How mad would you guys be if blu ended up being a tank?

test

All around 30-15.

Thanks for the guide!

>Try to convince friend to play with me by highlighting the good story
>"I already tried it user, it's your typical MMO, it doesn't have a story."
>He stopped at lv15

I think I know what people mean about getting triggered now

I wouldn't be mad at all, we need more Tanks and I don't want another DPS.

And you wonder why mmos are getting more shallow? Because he is the demographic, not you.

How does Final Fantasy Explorers compare to XIV's gameplay? Is it like an offline MMO or is it more like Monster Hunter?

This is what Liora does to this thread, yep. Can this plastic doll midlander fuck off for a few months again

wew @ aether currents in the loch

ARR story doesn't get good until Garuda. HW requires Ravana then a long skip to Azys Lla. SB doesn't get good until around Doma/Steppes. That asks for a lot.

I'm on it, Meria is too. Plenty of people.

>SOMEONE SHIT ALL OVER THE CARPET
>BLAME SOME RANDOM PERSON INSTEAD
Are you for real, chemo?

The currents in the Lochs are fine, stop being a little bitch.

Is there any RP on it? I remember it being dubiously called "Balmung of EU"

me...
but i'd have to get to know you first...

for real

they should have made the aether currents locked behind a shiokaze jump puzzle

is there an ERP FC on mateus?

they're fun compared to the other areas and in difficult locations, it's just jarringly different than the areas before it

Meant for I've seen none. Shame really, I wanted an alternative for when Bal queues are retarded.

>It's a huge investment with great payout at the end.

Do not believe this rabble rouser, crafting is the single biggest meme in this game. It's so much of a time and moneysink you won't even turn a profit because all the other crafters are also desperately undercutting.
The only winning move is not to participate.

MODS

you have to be part of the inner circle on balmung when it comes to crafting. take a look at ironworks gear prices. price fixing 101 right there.

interesting post

None that I've seen. No ERP if that's what you're after.

1-3 SMN
4-6 MNK
7-9 WAR
0 BTN

PST Kayleth Fw

>finishing up the ARR msqs
>raubahn getting his arm lobbed off right after losing his loli

is it me or holding aggro is harder since 4.0
fucking rdms i swear

\