>Elder Thread
>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/bethesda

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Recently Started Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>Making sales and deals
youtube.com/watch?v=ffZfbi-wjto

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @Zrifalas for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write you @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>is the game worth playing?
Maybe.

Other urls found in this thread:

newatlas.com/mushroom-sausages-building/50134/
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/07/06/announcing-the-elder-scrolls-online-gold-edition
youtube.com/watch?v=pft6thgVIk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for just do the ogres nigga

second for

third for best man in best alliance

Weapons/weapon skills lines this game needs:
>Spears/polearms (so templars can do more poking and everyone else can get in on the action)
>One-handed (with no shield for duelists types)
>Crossbows (Possibly as just an alternate animation set to bows)
>Fists/cestus/unarmed (though khajiit racials might change again for it)

I doubt we'll ever see more than possibly than one hand since otherwise they'd have to design 50+ individual weapons for each new type.

which is sadly true and just outright sucks even more.

I mean TESO doesn't give us too many class options as is, so having more weapons could really help add to diversity.

Thinking about picking this game up for PS4, should I do it? I want to play a paladin type character

What race should I pick? Should I go two handed weapons or sword and shield?

just play how you want :^)

you could also read the beginner's guide in the op, it's not like we put it together to answer frequently asked questions

>crafting dailies
>had a tough run, only enchanting and alchemy master writs in a couple weeks
>blacksmithing writ, Magnus gift, outlaw, legendary, 99 vouchers
>fuck ye...
>akaviri
>the only non-dlc motif I haven't finished

Guess I'm going guild merchant hunting lads

newatlas.com/mushroom-sausages-building/50134/

We televanni now.

>tfw guild chat drama
Bliss.
I unironically love drama

>No non-sorc dps need not apply

To be fair that is an older image. Really should be updated.

How's Morrowind? Worth 30 bucks?

nope, maybe 15 or 20 but not 30

The zone is great for the nostalgia, and if you *really* want to play a warden, maybe. If battlegrounds worked properly I might recommend it, but not right now.

>mfw random daily vet dungeon, get mazzatun, next highest player is CP 100

For context, I'm a level 13 Altmer magplar, but I haven't played in months.

How can I respec, and how do I begin the beamplar build at such a low level? I'm having an extremely hard time levelling and almost seem lost.

Should I just restart with a new character? Will my mount from the imperial edition still be available?

could anyone in EU make me a vampire?
pls respond

If I buy the gold edition for PS4 does that cover everything but the Morrowind expansion? I really don't want to sub, but I'd like to check the game out

Get it from G2A its cheap as fuck there, I got it for 18 AUD

If anyones got a Xivkyn maces motif they're willing to sell send me a message at @MrFoxter

I think it also doesn't include the Shadows of the Hist DLC, which is just two extra dungeons.

elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/07/06/announcing-the-elder-scrolls-online-gold-edition
>The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition includes the following content:
>- The Elder Scrolls Online
>- DLC game packs:
>* Imperial City
>* Orsinium
>* Thieves Guild
>* Dark Brotherhood
>- Palomino horse mount
>- 500 crowns to spend in the in-game Crown Store for new game accounts

Mounts are account bound. Training done on mounts, such as speed and stamina, are character bound.

Respecs are done in main cities, so Stormhaven for Daggerfall Covenant, Elden Root for the Aldmeri Dominion, and the STD Clinic for Ebonheart Pact.

To be a beamplar, you won't have access to jesus beam for a while. Get wall of elements from the destruction staff line, this will be your main damage ability. Morphs it to elemental blockade for a larger area. Eventually you'll get access to spear shards, another ground based aoe, which will make your life easier, so drop both aoes together. You have access to puncturing strikes, morph it to sweep, this will let you attack enemies in front of you (that are all standing in wall of elements, right?) and let you do damage and heal yourself at the same time.

While leveling, keep a skill from each line that you want to level on your bar so that the skill lines level. When you hit 15, you get access to a second bar, so you can put skills and abilities from skill lines on that bar, and switch to that bar when turning in quests for another xp boost to those skill and skill lines.

In the morrowind patch, the leveling curve got adjusted, so you can low levels faster, and higher levels take a bit longer. Its still the same amount of XP to get to 50 as it was before, but you should be getting levels and skill points faster for a while. I'd recommend going around and doing delves for xp and skyshards, follow the faction quest (each zone has 3 or more skill points tied to their quest, and their quests give a fuck ton of xp) and zone quest lines also have skill points and tons of xp.

If you want, you can use a resto staff on the back bar with the aoe resto heal to help in the low levels, or double bar destro staves. When you look at the passives for the different types of destro staves, fire staves give more single target damage, lightning for more aoe, and ice taunt (don't use ice). I'de use a lightning staff, since you'll have weak aoe for a bit, you can heavy attack and hit enemies that are clustered together (which should be standing in your aoe) to do damage and restore magicka.

I was the same as you but was away for 18 months. It reset my points for whatever reason so that was nice. The OP guide tells you places to go to respec, it's cheap.

Read the OP guide for builds while levelling it's just really about getting your skill lines up. Why are you having a hard time?

I thought about restarting too but it comes back to you easy enough after a few hours and reading the guides.

Basically this but go read the guide also, it's a good refresher.

I want a motif with bare arms. And no arm band shit. A couple tier 1 racial motifs have this, but the latter tiers ruin them. Something to show off my beefy legs would be nice too

Does this game have raids? Like actually big and impressive ones and not the shitty ones Warframe has.

I have the steam version of ESO, will the key work for me?

If I want to make a 2h dps Templar should I be going stam or mag? I'm guessing Stam unless I want to heal myself right?

It should, you unlock it through their website not through steam

stam, there's stam abilities that heals you

Hi elder scrolls online people!
Does Cheat Engine still work in this game while PvP?

Yes, just don't be too obvious when using it.

>Pocket Rules for Kick The Lizard WHEN

I remember someone said that in guild chat, right? If you did whoever reported you is a faggot

>diversity

Remember, kids. Weapon diversity is a codeword for BALANCE GENOCIDE

Cheers and many moonsugars for you.

Look for the Minotaur motif. I'm sure it'll be irght up your alley

They could bake it into the current skills and simply add new weapons and stuff due to looks. So a spear would still use the 2h skill-line, crossbow could use the bow, and one-handed could use the dialwield but have all the skills do half the damage while costing half thestamina. Or something.

Just look out, a lot of people have started getting permabanned for using it.

>there's stam abilities that heals you
which?

Not really a fan of the the combat in this game. What class/spec would you guys say has the least amount of bar swapping and keeping up short buffs and aoes?

Thanks for the heads up

In the 2h line, Momentum and its morphs. Among the Assault skills, Vigor and its morphs.

They're the bread and butter for stamina people to stay alive in pvp, you generally have a healer in pve.

socs, you generally only have to switch bar every 8 sec or something like that.

Yes. Even raids so hard we haven't been able to beat them. Even moreso for the eu guild.

Are they better than WoW raids?

My magicka DK and Magicka sorc switch bars every 8 seconds to lay down aoes and dots and refresh buffs every other switch, besides that its all front bar. Really, when you get into a groove, the bar switching becomes second nature.

That's not a very high bar, but yes. You actually die to strong monsters and not bullshit mechanics. You can't just steamroll everything because you watched a youtube video on how to steamroll everything.

EU Trial 3:30AM North Korea Time

Minotaur is only good for showing off them man titties.

>minotaur chest on a female

every tank on xbox is a fucking sorc and they're all absolutely shit

>stamsorc player puts on some heavy armor and sometimes a sword and shield, if you are lucky
>"lol, im a tank ez queues lololol"

Sorc tanks can be good, but they do lack the crowd control that DK tanks bring, and the group buffs that templar bring, and the utility that NB tanks bring. Sorc tanks are definitely the most selfish tanks.

I asked in the WoW thread if WoW raids or ESO raids were better, but one person responded and just said I was baiting. I'm looking at this raid video
youtube.com/watch?v=pft6thgVIk0
and it looks pretty boring. Are ESO raids really just stand still and click because one healer keeps the entire crew alive?

most of the time their tankiest move is like spamming the daedric ward
it's incredible

That streamer is also a sorc wearing the old meta gear, so they just stand to the side and cast. ESO raids, the newest one especially, puts more emphasis on mechanics than WoW.

Stop posting that shit image

t. author of beginner's guide

make a new one then please
t.new player

Same. Got the game for Xbone, I remember asking for advice in this thread but ended up waiting for Morrowind to drop so I could play with a friend.

Of course all that provided advice is now gone forever.

Maybe I'm crazy but my biggest complaint is that far too much content is too easy.

for example, soloing nWGT last boss feels like appropriate difficulty level, not too hard but fun. if you're a complete gear scrub and have just whatever equipped that you've picked up off the ground, then most public dungeons are just barely difficult enough to keep your interest

everything else is typically too easy. in particular 99% of group content is brain-melting easy, and most veteran group dungeons are just waiting on the DPS. Most Tanks aren't really needed for this reason, even.

All world mobs are a joke, 90% of world bosses can be soloed- and somehow, in some weird way, they made things like vMA TOO HARD that it's just an all-around unpleasant experience of having unavoidable 40k hp drop in 2 seconds of being locked into a bugged heavy attack animation

EU trial is habbeding goys get in

reposting pacrooti for posterity

eu nigs get in

Cant wait to hear about how EU wipes on the first boss of the trial

stop bullying our euro friends

I didn't even make the first one.

If you want a new image the only relevant thing on the shit one is that you should have DK tank and templar healer.for vet trials. That's it.

thanks

Fuck that fuzzy jew.

>noob needs orzorgas red frothgar
>wants to pay for 50
>Make 100 for free
I did my good deed for the the day

We didn't wipe, only 10/12 died.

Give it to me straight lads, how does FFXIV + all of its DLC stack up to ESO + all of its DLC?

>be 50 with 210 CP Magika Warden
>heal and sustain really well in Vet Dungeon
>go into Cryodil
>a NB or Sorc looks at me
>I instagibb
Someone please tell me how to play or is this just normal for Cryodil?

Argonian templar healers lmao stop

>EU trial group on discord
>eurobeat mixing with islamic call to prayers

1. which cyrodiil campaign are you in

2. NB and sorc especially arent designed for instagibbing in PvP

3. post what item set you are using, it probably isn't anywhere close to adequate, let alone optimal.

isn't memeing either.

*are designed

Both are fun and have a lot of content. Eso's quests are fully voice acted though, including all the random sidequests, FF14 only has voicework for the main quests. Also gearing is a lot more interesting on here and doesn't go out of date after a month or two(unless something randomly gets nerfed). FF14's community is a bit more social, albeit filled with weebish xD types.

I play both, if I had to play only one though, I'd stick with eso.

Oh and no talking.
Im autistic, please send help

Whats a good magsorc set for VMA?

THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T LET ME TANK NIGS

Shouldn't have been on an unapproved smoke break s'wit.

People keep saying warden is the jack of all trades build but I'm convinced nightblades are more so. Yes wardens tank and heal slightly better but nightblades can tank and heal while providing consistently good DPS. I feel like wardens are a worse nightblade with no stealth.

Im the best tank in the guild STFU.

I go in with 5 julianos (heavy chest for stats), willpower jewelry (magicka on rings, healthy on neck), illambris (heavy head and light shoulder), lightning front staff fire back staff. Around 19.5k health, 32k magicka with bound armor and maybe 10 points in health, with power surge 2.8k - 2.9k spell power. Illambris procs both lightning and fire nearly on cooldown, with lightning form I have nearly 16k physical and magicka resists. It's worked well for me.

Forgot, I run with red frothgar food, 1.6k magicka Regen with vampire. Never really run out of magicka, and I use spell pots on cooldown for bosses.

How do I track DPS? I have advanced ui already for the minimap can I turn it on in there? I don't want autismo numbers everywhere making it hard to play the game but I want to know if I'm getting good DPS out

Wait what, CE is working with ESO? How? Anything usefull for a solo player?

Combat Metrics, its a small box that you can place anywhere, then you can pull up the fight data afterwards. Heres an example, please ignore the shitty parse.

>Anything usefull for a solo player?
Farming vMA

Farming vMA?

Specifics please, because my hands itch to buy ESO + Morrowind expansion now that they are on sale.

Good luck, EU bbs!

>needs cheat engine to decide if he wants to play a game

Hell, even using cheat engine.

If you are gonna use CE get out. Thanks.

Players like this are the ones who are problematic for a game like this. You do know they monitor VMA and other silly shit too right? The fact that your score will skyrocket on the first try will be an instant giveaway.

bought the game yeasterday, my expereance to far after reaching level 10 some 2 hours ago

>hmm thought the starting area was that Oblivion realm
>combat is as shitty as it was in Skyrim
>asthetic is nice enough
>to many cunts walking around with their pets makes me feel like a poorfag
>Vivec is really chill for a living god
>Joining Cyrodil for the first time is a fucking walking simulator

Need tips, and a fucking horse