25 years old with no license because massive loser

>25 years old with no license because massive loser
>took 4 lessons this summer, instructor said i am good at driving and could easily pass test, took me on freeway too where i was fine
>have no one to practice with outside of lessons (no friends to do it with, parents won't help) and know I can't parallel park or park in a parking space
>haven't taken a lesson since July 20, driving test set for friday with another lesson set for wednesday

I'm terrified Veeky Forums. What if I fail when 16 year old pass with ease especially here in america? Instructor really liked how I was really perceptive of stuff since i would call out what i was doing/seeing all around me. and even if i do get my license, how can i learn the skills driving alone?

Watch parallel parking videos. Ask your instructor if you can practice that specifically. Can you reverse park? You can fuck up a parking thing I think as long as you don't hit anything. Test is piss-easy.

what do you mean by reverse park? i was fine at backing up against a curb, using the side mirrors and looking back to judge distance from the curb. its actual parking im most nervous about, being out in the world driving alone without accurate skills

Yeah just backing into a spot. From 90 degrees specifically on the test.

90 degree parking?

how about you stop making the same thread over and over again, you retarded shitheel?

ASL? I'll help you out, baby boi.

You're 25 without a license? Dude, get it while you can, i'm like fucking 30 and i'm still without one. Don't be like me.

>mfw I have my license and have never parallel parked

>mfw have not parallel parked since getting my license

maybe if you give me a tiny box car I might try

if you need a tiny box go ask your sister

Those tiny box's are death on wheels no thanks

Line up rear bumpers
Crank wheel to right
Reverse
When you see their rear bumper in your windshield, crank wheel to left
Reverse some more
Center yourself

Line your side mirror up with the side mirror of the car in front of the spot you're backing into, reverse and feed in steering input progessively getting as close as you can to the driver's side corner of the other car's rear bumper. Then once you're more than half way into the spot, feed the steering out until you're straight. Super easy.

>getting as close as you can to the driver's side corner of the other car's rear bumper.

this is what scared me the most trying parallel parking. getting so close to the other cars bumper, i was scared of hitting the car

Just watch your mirror dawg

>taking lessons
What a fucking loser

Not much choice for people who don't live with their parents.

nah my parents just wont help me, from even when i was a teenager

Fuck dude, my grandpa had me behind the wheel long before I was 15.

Some people have shit role models user

yeah as i said in my OP my parents basically wont help me. mother is/was terrified the moment i left an empty parking lot and father says 'they have drivings schools to teach you", then as the years went on i got more humiliated of no license and kept putting it off and here we are

I know that feel man
I didn't get my license until a year ago, I'm currently 29, except I wasn't good at it, I had nearly a year of lessons (albeit with huge gaps because the instructor had personal issues)
I got a car a few months ago but I don't have nearly enough money to get it legal to drive
my mom couldn't help me
I convinced her to try all of twice, once in a parking lot where she freaked out, and once going down the road maybe 100 yards and back, and that second time she had a full-on panic attack before we could even come back
her husband couldn't help because he's a fucking ball of bipolar anger and he probably would've started shouting at me after five minutes

yeah basically the same kinda story for me. mother was okay with me in empty parking lot but terrified once i left, and father has extremely short temper and is an asshole and i can barely stand even talking a few words to him let alone being in a car with him

i took a lesson in may, a few in june, one end of july, and now 3 months later because it was all booked for summer. im scared as fuck

thing that sucks is 3-4 years back my mother had an older car just sitting around that i could have bought and learned with and had, but she never got it fixed and instead decided to sell it to some junk place

She took scrap value for it instead of offering to sell it to her son? Goddamn my man, I'm sorry to hear that. Just try to keep your cool during the test, the jitters will only cause mistakes.

Stop caring what people think.

>american
>worried about failing their driving test
Are you legally blind or something?

You'll do fine.

From my experiences american testers are assholes and often have opinions on your driving more than the actual rules. If you don't fit their idea of a driver they ding you points.

I was failed 3 times, with testers saying two different things about multiple rules.

Our test is bullshit that has very little to do with actual driving.

if i can do it in europe then im sure you can do it in the states

Parallel parking is beyond easy dude. All you need to do is line up your side mirror with the car to your right (given both cars are about the same size), and then rotate your wheel clockwise either halfway or a full rotation while slowly reversing. Once the front of your car is at a 45 degree angle, you stop and start straightening out while reversing.

Then you can adjust and go forward or backwards depending on how much space there is between you and the car in front of you.

As for parking in a normal space, that's easy as fuck too.

If you're driving on the right side and there's a parking spot on your right, drive on the left side and match your side mirror with the white line closest to you, and then turn your wheel move forward, you will enter the parking spot easily. If a parking spot is on your left then stay in the right and line up the mirror with the line again and turn your wheel anti-clockwise.

It's really simple.

>he doesn't know there is DMV (goodboy) driving and normal driving

I got my license at 17 in the US and I didn't even need to parallel park

If you fail it's no big deal, you'll have to pay a fine but you can redo the test as many times as you want

Nowhere in your post did you say that you didn't have a vehicle, just no one to practice with.

Get off your fat ass, go find some parked cars and practice parking you giant faggot.

I didn't get my license until I was 24 and I had a permit for 2-3 years but drove few times a month tops. I never thought I'd be able to drive alone but I've been driving every day for almost a year now it's become second nature like people always said. You can do it OP just takes practice. Fill up your tank and turn off GPS and just go. You can always pull over if you get overwhelmed.

Bruh just do it. You’ll be fine

I had my license for a year before I lost it because of a DUI at 19 (almost 22 now)
And I still have warrants in another city for it.

I still drive. Quit being pussies

>tfw the examiner told you, you're really good at driving, but he still failed you
Fucking yurop driving tests.

What are European driving tests like

Put an ad on Craigslist? I'm sure some Mexican would let you drive his shitheap around for a hundred bucks

Wow, man, you're so cool. I bet you meet all types of cool dudes hanging out in county jail all the time

I assume it is the same in the rest of Europe, but in Poland they will try to fail you for the stupidest bullshit (I failed because I didn't start driving, when the light turned green, cause I didn't notice it. The examiner said nothing, for a while and then just told me that I failed because "stopping" in the middle of the road is dangerous). And if you want to argue about it, you will pretty much have to take it to court.

How do you not notice a green light during your driving test?

It was almost entirely covered by the rear-view mirror.

But you didn't move your head a little to the side to see it during your driving test?

I checked it at the beginning, and then forgot to check it again.

You forgot to check the light during your driving test?

This is the "stupidest bullshit" you're talking about?

> i'm like fucking 30 and i'm still without one

bruh, fucking how though?

It is a bullshit reason to fail someone at a driving test, since it's not braking the law and it's not endangering other people on the road. People don't notice the light turn green all the time and the passenger/someone behind them just has to make them realise the light turned green. It's a minor inconvenience for others at best, and it's not like I was doing it at every stop light.

I failed my first time for slowing down entering a blind uncontrolled intersection, the instructor said that despite that being the law i was slowing down the nonexistent traffic behind me. Youll be fine user, the driving instructors are dicks and failing isnt a matter of being a good driver its knowing what they want to see and that might just come down to luck. If you fail the first time try, try, and try again.
Also, tell your dead beat family and dead beat friends to stop being faggots!

get blindspot mirrors, if you can see your rear tires you'll never hit anything. It'll actually be easier to safely park between two cars by reversing.

>instructor failed me because I was "too careful"

Not him btw just sometimes it has nothing to do with rules. There are some nig tier instructors out there. Wasted another day for me since I drove the next guy around the block and he looked at me and said "Why are you still here? You're fine." Oh well.

>it's not endangering other people on the road
yes it is. people just glance at the light and assume you're moving. you'll get rear ended in the manner you don't prefer just like retards that are on the phone at lights.

While you should have gotten your license, you are actually slightly benefited by only driving now because that you're 25, and you won't have to be suffering through almost 10 years of paying out the ass for insurance. As far as insurance companies are concerned, 25 is the same as 16.

>mother is/was terrified the moment i left an empty parking lot
Exact same thing happened to me, and now she refuses to drive with me again. I don't know my dad and every driving school costs over $1,000 for lessons, sigh.

You failed to do literally the simplest action at a time when you should have 100% focus on what you're doing

>I don't know my dad and every driving school costs over $1,000 for lessons, sigh.

is it straight up $1,000? At schools in my area (california) its $125-130 for a 2 hour lesson

no exactly scrap value, but basically just sold it to some guy because it wasnt running. really pissed me off, i actually got my permit originally 3 years ago and she said shed get it fixed sell it to me and that could be my car and she just never did

anyone else had a sitution like this on here Veeky Forums? just hoping for some wise words