300hp

>300hp
>Toyota reliability
>quad exhausts

Is this car flawless?

Other urls found in this thread:

thedrive.com/sheetmetal/12130/this-dealer-is-charging-over-63000-for-a-honda-civic-type-r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why would I get this over a Type R civic?

It's 20k less

>fwd
>automatic
Its good looking for a camry ill give you that

Except for the abysmalToyota design language, Its perfect. I've been excited about this car for a long time.

Type R MSRP is 33,900 user

Would most definitely pick one up used after about 3 years. Perfect commuter

Where were you when CAMRY became the ultimate spurt sedan?

Lolercunt the whoreld is changing

thedrive.com/sheetmetal/12130/this-dealer-is-charging-over-63000-for-a-honda-civic-type-r

>shit tech
>shit mpg
300 hp is cool but you could get a way more fun car for the money. If you want a good MPG daily there are better jap cars out there my dude.

Nice post retard, I can open autotrader right now and find 30+ type r's for msrp

>one guy overpricing the car is the absolute value of the car

i know its already a worn out meme but for the same price you can get a nicely equipped Kia Stinger with with the turbo i4.

at least that will get you RWD.

>20 2jz

gay

Looks nice but lol 40k for a camry.

lmao.

Way overpriced. Focus RS territory, Civic Si, tons of BMW/lexus options at that price point, etc etc etc.

>quad exhausts
Technically yes, but the two outer exhausts just branch out from the main two exhaust pipes. The two outer ones are really there just for show, not for any real performance gains
It's definitively an improvement over the previous generation camry, but there are tons of other great sports sedans for a comparable price

The all new Honda Accord Sport is going to have a slightly detuned Civic Type R engine (with manual to boot)
There is the Civic Type R itself
The Lexus IS is still pretty cool
Everyone discounts the Infiniti Q50
Chevy SS too if you prefer american

massive toyota fanboy here
It\s just another soccermome/normie people hauler with more numbers.
It is not sports or sporty in any shape or form.
for fuck sakes its even FF, who the fuck cares other than benchracers what the hp is

>Fraudulent nip deathtrap build quality materials
>Takata airbags
>Gargage interior
>Boring Exterior
>$10k more than a Mustang GT
>0-60 in 6 seconds
>Toyota
No, it's not flawless.

I could buy a BMW for that price and then I would drive a BMW and not a Toyota Camry.

You forgot the Kia Stinger fucko.

>>$10k more than a Mustang GT
Which isn't known for reliability
-60 in 6 seconds
Is this supposed to be slow? The point of the v6 camry is to have power when you need it. Most people don't benchrace and floor their cars at every light. It's also nice to have a little more pickup if you need to merge onto a freeway or get out of a sticky situation quickly.

>Chevy SS
>American
>implying you can even find one

Does that say 40k? Cuz I can get a 4runner for a lil more than that

>one exhaust pipe
>four 5$ exhaust tips

$38,000!? For a fucking CAMRY? Motherfucker you can get a mid trim Lacrosse for 38 stacks, with 310 horsepower standard. Granted it will be heavier, it will still be a shitton better to drive on a daily basis than a fucking camry.

v6 camrys have always had true dual exhausts

Has the Camry ever been a bad car? It's always had a reputation for being a reliable commuter and there has always been a thirstier, quicker V6 trim to accompany the more economical I4 and hybrid models.

>ford over toyota
>ford over ANY other brand

Whatever you say Stevie Wonder

you mean this one?

Aren't they fwd tho?

You don't need a 300hp v6 to merge onto a 65mph freeway wtf

>You don't need a 300hp v6 to merge onto a 65mph freeway wtf
True, your average 4cyl 88' shitbox can Rev up to 7krpm to merge onto the freeway at 50mph, but some people like not flooring it to merge onto a highway, pass on an interstate, etc.

Honestly the 268hp v6 was more than enough for a camry, and for 38k you can get a lacrosse that's somewhat decced out, with matching reliability to Toyota.

Automatic.
Gawd aweful GR engine.

300hp isnt a lot, especially going through an auto trans and in a heavy car

what did he mean by this?

People dont floor it onto the freeway? What has this country come to....

>He doesn't like winding out dem gears

Normie get out

i dont hate it desu. Despite the fwd meme, the lower belt line looks bretty nice. would buy as a daily if cheaper

>300hp
>FWD
>Shit auto
>$40 fucking k

Stop. You can get an equally practical but infinitely more fun Charger Scat Pack or SRT8 for that money.

Kek this "Camry" would BTFO of most of the cars Veeky Forumstists drive.

Is ford really that bad? What's wrong with it?

WHY THE FUCK ISN'T CAMRY SOLD IN EUROPE REEEEEEEE

Are you talking about as a comfortable daily driver, an uber car, off the line from 0-60, what? Nobody drag races camrys, and those that buy a camry for that purpose are fucking retarded. This camry I'm guessing is so fully loaded with bullshit you might as well get a lexus, because 38k for what should be a 24k car is way too much.

blue's alright but white/silver with a black roof and red interior is the best combo

Because the type r looks like it was designed by an autistic weeb

That wheel gap is atrocious

>be me, at work listening to Hannity's radioshow
>Toyota commercial comes out
>"2018 TOYOTA C A M R Y, ALL NEW"
>"350 HORSES, TRACK READY"
>"YOU'LL NEVER BE THIS EXCITED IN A TOYOTA EVER"

Tbqh, if Toyota flops on the Supra, we seriously need to throw a 3rd bomb at Japan and fix their shit up.

>url even says "WHOA LOOK AT WHAT THIS ONE GUY DID"

Yeah, I just checked my area and one place is even selling it for $31.5k, so it's literally MSRP. Most of them are going for 34k, though. I'm kind of surprised, the car is an amazing value at that price. At least as far as new car prices go.

>Civic Si

Si is $24k m8. Even the Type R is a few grand cheaper than OP.

2016 version looks better IMO and is only a tiny bit slower overall.

>>"YOU'LL NEVER BE THIS EXCITED IN A TOYOTA EVER"
kek

>pretend quad exhausts
>fake rear vents
>still FWD

at least its heavy enough to keep some of that power down on the front wheels

>ugly as fuck
Nah

>Ford Fusion Sport 2.7L Ecoboost
>325 hp
>380 lb-ft
>$34,350
>AWD

Ummm..... I mean, I guess the Camry has quad exhausts though..

what, why, gt86 is one of the greatest cars of the decade

Rice as shit.
I would drive.

fake quad exhausts

Fake AWD

it also looks boring as fuck, shoulda raided the aussie parts bin and made a decent looking sports sedan

the rear looks sexy, i love cars that have the name in the center like that, like those old subaru wagons

It's a cool car, but

>it's only one car
>half the credit belongs to subaru anyways

I think it looks quite nice desu. To each their own tho.

>435hp
>Ford performance/mod-ability
>quad exhausts

Is this car flawless?

It's a good car. It's faster than it's awd competition and offers a better interior and ride quality (barring Golf R.) Looks are subjective but the RS, STI, and Type R all look boyracer anyways. Golf R looks the most tame. I would definitely get a Golf R over it for the overall package. Plus, as fast as the type R is, I couldn't get behind a 35-40k fwd car. There's more to driving than speed.

0-60 time. Veeky Forumstists literally cannot compete with a "fast" camry and would get smoked

It literally looks like what the 2008+ Sti Should have been.

>fwd
>autotragic
>$40k
I would rather hoon a new f150

Yes, except it's not reliable at all... ford is literally in a lawsuit right now because of their faulty auto transmissions

Looks so much better than the Camry

>Automatic
>flawless

>You don't need a 300hp v6 to merge onto a 65mph freeway wtf

Bullshit! There are only 2 on ramps in my city that do not end with an exit. Sharp turn onto on ramp, whip up the hamsters and try to get to 65 and merge in the 100 yards before you're on the offramp.

>FWD
>pigfat
>automatic
>ANGERY REEEEEEEE styling
>ginormous wheels with nanoscopic sidewalls on a shitbox for no reason
no

it's a dark world

>$35k

same reason some of Europe's/Strayacunt's cars aren't to be sold in MURRIKA

>FWD
automatic is acceptable since it's designed to be a DD, but the lack of at least optional AWD is a bit of a letdown
FWD is fine in a hatchback or a small sedan/coupe, but anything larger should have AWD or RWD options
otherwise it's pretty great (on paper, at least)

AWD is complicated and unreliable. These cars have literally no need for AWD.

I agree with you, plus it adds weight, lowers MPG, and drives the cost of the car up. That being said, I'd at least understand the $37k price tag a little better if it came with AWD.

The one and only true V6 fast wheel drive Japanese GODMACHINE was the V6 Accord. Notice "was", they no longer make them with V6, just turbo 4s.

This thing is still like half a second faster to 60 than the new Camry XSE. Blows my fucking mind, I don't know why that thing is so fast considering it's a big fwd dad mobile.

That's because VTEC kicked in.

Put it on a diet and remove sound deadener, exhaust, and airbags and now you're talking.

That's scat pack money user

>50hp more than the 2018 Accord 2.0T
>still slower

>i'd rather have fwd then awd

retard

>Ford performance
Oxymoron

Thats alot of money for a midsized sedan. You are basically in BMW price territory. I always saw midsized sedans not compact sedans are the true blue appliance car. They literally excel at most things.Compacts are burner cars that get beat to hell over time

If you insist on spending that much on an automatic, underpowered FF sedan, go buy an outgoing VW CC. That at least looks like something

>Toyota reliability
That shit aint 100% true no more

I would rather have a car slower than a minivan for 10K less than to be caught dead in that lifeless POS

Not sure I'd say the ONLY...