Bought 2016 civic only a month ago

>bought 2016 civic only a month ago
>have loved it every day I drove it
>went to the mazda dealership in my free time before work for the lols
>already know how new corollas drive, drives exactly like my old 2011
>test drive a mazda3
>now I'm having second thoughts about my civic
I was so sure of myself, Toyota or Honda, Corolla or Civic, pick which I preferred because they're the two most reliable powertrains on the market.

But fuck, that mazda drove almost like what I'd consider a "driver's car" at the base model. The cvt transmission wasn't as enthusiastic at the civic's, but the drive, just the general point a - point b, sit back and relax drive is what sunk me in. I could just picture myself laid back in the seat on the interstate for 4 hours while being engaged enough to stay awake, but comfortable enough not to hate myself.

I know this sounds like a real fucking shill thread, but stick with me. The only consolation I have right now is the fact that I still enjoy my civic a lot, and the fact that I KNOW for a fact the civic has iron-clad reliability and has for the past decade. The Mazda's reliability isn't as well established, which is sort of what's keeping me from getting buyer's regret.

I wish I knew about it sooner I guess. I know some people don't like it, but for automatic driving in a point a - point b grocery getting, it's really more surprisingly comfortable and enjoyable than I thought it would be. The temperature and fan controls are right there, boom, you're comfortable, no flipping switches or using infotainment systems to get there, knobs are available just the way I like. Turn and boom, fucking heat is going. Getting too hot? Boom, turn a knob, AC is going on low. Instantly played music from my android as well.

Steering wheel was a bit busy, but fuck, I could have gotten used to it.

cool story bro

Maybe you mistook and thought this was your blog?

Get an aftermarket rear sway bar

>The cvt transmission wasn't as enthusiastic at the civic's
Funny since the mazda3 has a 6 speed auto and not cvt

>buying a modern honda, expecting a cheap enthusiast car
lmao u played urself, Mazda is what Honda once was
Honda is literally just Toyota now
>Civic
>iron clad reliability
>new small displacement tarbo
>new CVT
>new platform
>matsuda has been producing the current 3 basically since it became independent from Ferd

ya dun goufed

shouldve gotten a 2018 C300 with 0-60 in 5.8 seconds, class leading interior, and RWD.

dumb boy

But muh aftermarket.

not OP but damn, it was no joke my pipe dream to get my parents one of those
>then I didn't graduate uni in time and fell into a pit of NEETness and depression
>and then my parents are probably gonna get divorced anyways
>and they don't even like cars that much and don't trust """"German Engineering""""
feels bad man

>shouldve gotten a 2018 C300
>should've gotten a >40k car
gee user idk

"In time"

In time for what u fagget?
Suicide? All is still not lost

poor doggo =(

I have a 2014 Mazda3 and some days I wish the suspension was a little softer and every day I wish the cabin was a lot quieter, but it is a nice drive. Sometimes I wanna test drive a new civic, but I don't want a car with a CVT in it and i'm too lazy to drive a manual.

Try to be happy with your civic. It's a nice car.
Now if you bought a corolla, i'd just feel sorry for you.

They look like good cars. I drive a Focus SE with hopefully another 6-10 years in it, but if I were to consider another car, a Mazda3 would be one of the first I try.
Hoping the Speed line comes back before I need a new car, though.

>DISCUSSING CARS ON Veeky Forums?? NOT ON MY WATCH!
let the man talk about cars, just because he's talking from his own experience rather than a graph comparing a corvette to a gtr doesnt mean it's forbidden
fuck off to your socal general or something

They're hella loud, keep your civic and wait until 2020 to see future lineups of civics, mazdas, corollas, etc. Maybe they'll fix the horrible noise reduction.

Weird, when I tried out a 3 before getting my miat, I barely noticed any noise at all. Then again I'm used to loud cars. The miat is quieter than my last one.

I daily a 06 mazda3, and it's comfy but not super comfy. Shit ton of wheel hop because the rear motor mounts are fucked on every mazda3 model ever. If you're looking for a cheap, fun to drive, reliable, aesthetic car mazda3 is your best bet

Mazda has piss poor build quality. Hope you have the turbo civic not the weak ass 2.0L

Maybe back when it was partnered with ford, but it's fine now

If it makes you feel any better OP, my 2014 3 has 85,000 miles and has never had a problem of any kind.

What's wrong with corolla? I'm looking between getting a accent, polp(not really), civic, corolla or Mazda 3, generally any sedan that doesn't look like shit and is relatively new, up from 2010. All used. What's better for cheap maintenance and reliability?
(Should I start my own thread?) My budget is $11000

My sister hated driving, then when shopping for a new car she ultimately chose the Mazda 3 over the Civic. Now she likes driving

Cheap and reliable? Sure get a corolla. It's probably the best in that regard.

I'm just not down with the torsion beam and the drum brakes and 4-speed auto used before 2017 and the underpowered engine.

But it will last forever.

You can get a gen3 Mazda3 for that much, do it faggot.

I honestly think the coupe version is one of the most beautiful things

Past decade? It's not 2000 anymore, the civic has been unstoppable for about 25-30 years now

Also idk about new ones but 2000-2006 Mazda's are hella reliable

should've just bought a civic for 3k faggot.

God I wish this electric handbrake meme would end one day. Good thing my 2014 Mazda 3 still has a "normal" one.

>cvt
>enthusiastic
Do you come frome an alternate reality ? What's so great about CVT ? Torque converters are pretty fast and efficient nowadays. And the Mazda 3 doesn't have a CVT.

I owned a mazda 3
Its nothing special at all, especially after owning an S14, driving MR2s, WRXs, and Miatas. Its literally just another sedan, like your civic or a a corolla.

Maybe he didn't press the Sport button. Or is that only in the 6?

as someone who is a huge snek fan that hates the GT-R, Motortrend is full of dumb kike reviewers and their course is awful for actually showing track prowess of a car

Whenever I read reviews about the Mazda 3, it's like the perfect drivers car.

Whenever I read people talk about the Mazda 3 it's "meh... it's alright. Kind of noisy. It turns sorta well." This coupled with the fact that I see it drive as just a normal commuter car makes me feel like it's a bit overrated. Not too much of an aftermarket either... I've seen some tunes and orangevirus is working on a turbo.

Mazda never cared about NVH.

I know someone with a Mazda and he regrets ever buying it. It breaks almost every year needing thousands in parts for repair. He's sick of it.

The MX-5 is the perfect driver's car. The 3 is like the Civic just before Honda went to shit. A nice commuter car with an interior that punches above its price range and a reasonable amount of driver involvement. It's definitely not a godmacheen like a 3rd-gen Civic or Accord.

>fwd

>The MX-5 is the perfect driver's car
Only if you like the sweet serenic sound of sitting in a 1980s fighter jet while on your daily commute.

Did you grow up in an anechoic chamber or something?

If you did any research into the the Civic's competition, you would've known that many say the Mazda 3 is a good contender. Only real downside compared to the rest is that it's a little under powered and that's because Mazda has been obsessed with perfecting their skyactiv tech. They have supposedly perfected HCCI and I'm pretty sure they're unveiling the new Mazda 3 along with their RX-9 concept.

at the tokyo motor show later in october

he's not kidding. in a miata you're sitting at 4500 rpm while going 80 mph

And last week as I was backing out I felt a large bump over my rear and front tires and thought I backed out over a large rock or some small creature

>mfw it was fucking twig

The regular handbrake took up so much room in the interior, I don't miss it one bit in my 2018

The face lifted ones have much better NVH

It's fine on a small car like the 3 ya dumbo. But the 6, too large for FWD imo.

They haven't quite perfected HCCI. Skyactiv-X is semi-HCCI that uses a tiny supercharger and a little spark to ignite the mixture at compression ratios just below what you'd need for true HCCI. It's clever because it gets around the issue of making HCCI engines work properly with every variation of fuel quality, altitude, humidity, temperature, etc.
I have a ND. Even with the trunk stripped out, the noise isn't bad at all, not even close to my old S2000, let alone a fucking jet engine.

>The MX-5 is the perfect driver's car.

More expensive, more insurance, less utility/safety/trunk space, etc. It's literally used for going to and from work, but for traveling with luggage, running errands, etc. it's less than ideal.

Best put, a Miata is not an optimal car for someone who's only going to own one car. It's for people who have multiple vehicles in their homes. A Mazda3, civic, or older corolla would work better for a single vehicle bachelor.

Yeah, that's why it's the perfect driver's car. Any car than needs to be bigger and has to pull off daily duty responsibilities will be bigger and would compromise the driving experience

Kind of related: I've been looking for a new car, and had boiled my choice down to a Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI HB or Mazda 3 Skyactive G (same price for both). I then had a look at both cars at the sellers.
The Mazda was nice, but I felt the legspace was a bit lagging as a passenger.
Then I tried the Skoda and there was miles for legspace both as a driver and passenger, plus the trunk was larger. Both cars are the same length, so how the fuck Skoda managed that beats me.

What the hell do you think a "driver's car" is? It's a car that's focused on the experience of driving, without compromising that experience for obsolete notions of practicality. Now that you can get anything delivered to you for free or a nominal fee, there's zero reason to have a hatchback or CUV or whatever appliance that people who've given up on enjoying life drive.

Also, the Skoda feels a lot more quiet compared to the Mazda, so I'm inclined to pull the trigger with the Octavia.

Trade it in on a new Si you dumb cunt

New Mazda’s are great, but the new civic is far more advanced. You just bought the lethargic faggit edition, while pretty much every Mazda comes in “slow car fun, tune.

At least you can put a few simple mods into the civic and not have the engine explode.

It's not like the Si would cost more, or get worse mileage, or need premium, or have higher insurance rates
Nope, none of that matters when you can have a "sporty" Civic

>Octavia

Crown Victoria of Europe.

Police and old people drive those.

Stopped reading there

I am willing to humor you that your fwd econobox is sporty precisely until the moment you mention it's an auto

>I could just picture myself laid back in the seat on the interstate for 4 hours while being engaged enough to stay awake, but comfortable enough not to hate myself.

That isn't driving, go get yourself a self driving car or a bus pass

mazda doesn't have low speed follow OP like the civic does.

How would that work with a manual?

Faggot

Mother's 1st gen 3 is coming up on 10 years old (except for that one time it had a leaky gasket, but I think I caused that by trying to start it in fifth).

>coming up on 10 years old
…with no problems…

>obsolete notions of practicality.
>implying hot hatches aren't fun and engaging
>implying some hot hatches aren't more driver responsive and oriented than miatas
>implying SUVs such as BMWs aren't some of the most enjoyable to drive cars in existence
>not wanting to take your family camping, hiking, fishing, etc. on the weekends

Fucking miata fanboys are getting worse and worse, there's more to life than sitting in traffic.

>At least you can put a few simple mods into the civic and not have the engine explode.
Maybe after my warranty expires.

>That isn't driving
Driving differs for everyone, being a retarded bench racer isn't driving either. Hating your driving experience isn't driving, and some people hate the hassle of manuals in (current year).

>hurr get a bus pass you don't deserve to own a car because muh ancient technology legacy

depending where you live, mazdas are horrible in terms of rust.

fucking retard

I had a 2017 Jetta for six weeks and then I traded it for a '16 Mazda6, AMA

P.S. it was totally worth it