2 sticks?

Boys can someone explain to my why the absolute fuck this Triton has two gear sticks? I've never seen anything like it.

Tandem/Co-Op Shifting. Your passenger shifts the left wheels and you shift the right wheels. You can pull off some hektik skidz if your Sync Percentage is high enough.

it's used in off-road vehicles to provide much shorter gears on rough roads

They ran out of space for 5th and 6th gear so they added in a second stick specifically for it

RWD/4WD and maybe diff is locked with it as well

like tractors have short gear range and long gear range. Short is used in offroad or something

my grandpa's 4runner has it too. heres the most simple explanation

Never been in a selectable 4WD truck/SUV before? If it's like most others, you have RWD, 4WD, and a low ratio 4WD.

not the first to say it but come on. ever driven a truck?

Left stick is the standard gear lever. With it you select between Reverse, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and so on

The smaller stick on the right is what controls the transfer case on the vehicle. Its essentially a small "transmission" in itself, where you can select a few different options

>2HI
This is the option/position you'll use the most. The transmission functions normally with standard gearing, and only the rear wheels are powered.
>4HI
Transmission functions normally, but now you have power to all four wheels - aka 4WD
>4LO
4WD, and the transmission is now in "low range". The transfer case contains one or more gears that gears the transmission "down", making the wheels turn a lot slower at the same RPM than when the transmission functions normally. This gives you a lot more power to work with, the vehicle becomes easier to handle in rough terrain, the wheels don't slip nearly as easy and its easier on the clutch and drivetrain in general. This is essentially what you use when you're in quite rough terrain

this is a thread?
how the fuck do you people not know the basic operation of a vehicle

Why do you feel the need to ridicule others who don't know something, but ask politely for someone to tell him what it is?

Not everybody drives a truck or has any reason to ever have been inside one - and even so the sticks are getting more and more rare, with new cars typically having buttons instead of sticks

>Mighty Max pick-up truck

My Lexus has a Hi and Low gear shifter

>Sticklets

nice dildo collection

This made me giggle, because I just know this ended up in a Japanese anime somewhere.

It's a transfer case shifter. It's physically connected to shift forks in the transfer case to switch between high and low range. In the Triton there are switched used to select between 4WD and 2WD and to lock or unlock the center differential.

Oh, I just noticed this is an Easy Select case. That's a part time 4WD transfer case (no center differential) which only has 2WD high range, 4WD high range, and 4WD low range.

because you are fags, go back to tumblr if you want a safepsace

Muh sekret club. Lmao such a faggy statement

This is making my bad dragon collection look pathetic.

automatic fanbois now on life support

Because even old, shitbox, out-of-date 4WD systems in America use bottons. Only economy cars of the same era still had a separate stick. I've never even been poor enough to be in a car with a 4WD stick, and I've been in lots of 4WD chevys.

0/10 try again friendo

The thing is you couldn't afford the cars with actual transfer case shifters when your GMT400s and 800s were rolling off the line.

Nigga I wasn't old enough to drive when they still made cars with 4WD shift sticks on your economy cars. That's how out of date that shit is.

wow must be hard being underage b&

I'm 24, so if you can find any car with two sticks made in the last 8 years, I'll concede.

Really now?
What two-stick vehicle do you own?

fj cruiser you cockmongling faggots

Didn't I already mention non-American economy cars?

Don't be offended if that's your car. I like toyotas, but I'm not going to kid myself into into thinking that they're not economy cars.

And I own a Hilux

So whats wrong with someone asking for help/info?

>fj cruiser
>sub 300 hp v6 pushing full frame suv
>economy???
nigga are you fucking retarded. also not mine
nothing if it weren't basic automotive knowledge.

>posts a pic off of google
you don’t own shit

How is it basic?

They are become more and more rare, and not everyone has anything to do with trucks. They dont grow up with one, they dont have any reason to own one, and they may not know what to quite call it to Google it properly.

Everyone has to learn at one point. You're just being a pedantic fuck who prefers to act the wise guy instead of just writing a short and simple answer to OPs question

reference my last post above you colossal butthurt faggot
you're still a fag

How can they even compete?

FJ Cruizer is cheap compared to other full frame SUVs like the Subruban and Escalade, or QX60 and GX.

That doesn't mean it's not expensive to some people.

>still no pic of it
Way to prove me wrong
Next you’re going to tell me to post my truck

clearly you can't read, i'll help you "nigga are you fucking retarded. also not mine"
i literally don't give a shit what you drive

C'mon, don't quit on the discussion with that line!

You were winning!

believe me i know

So you’re using a car you don’t own to shitpost?
How pathetic can you fucking be lol

>fag1 says show me vehicle with 2 sticks made in last 8 years
>i do
>i'm fag

do you have a liberal arts degree ?

I also already mentioned economy cars having them. FJ cruiser is at the low end of the price range for full frame SUVs. Higher end SUVs, and ones Americans are actually used to have buttons. I haven't even been in an FJ myself.

Also, I forgot to mention the knob is pretty well known here too.

Mitsubishi's SuperSelect transfer case is a bit more complicated:

2H = rear wheel drive
4H = all wheel drive with central differential - suitable for asphalt
4HLc = all wheel drive with no central differential - for shit unpaved roads, never use on asphalt (this is how 4WD mode usually works on simpler transfer cases)
4LLc = same as 4HLc but with low gearing

Also there should be a big-ass label on the driver's door explaining all this bullshit

fj cruiser was never marketed as an economy level suv are you autistic or ignorant of facts that don't support your narrative?

>using sticks in ad 2017

>snail and turtle symbols

2 on the floor and 3 on the dash.

This faggot post is what is letting me BTFO you
You literally don’t even own one
Are you retarded?

4WD

it just is an advanced antitheft device.

ok let's go slower for you since you obviously need it.
>guy makes a thread about how dumb he is not knowing about 2 sticks
>i call him dumb
>he wants proof of recent vehicles with two sticks
>i provide proof
>guy moves goal posts claiming nuh uh fj cruiser is economy
>i refute and state pic related WAS NOT MINE
>faggot posts
> i correct him and again state i don't own one
>fags reading comprehension disappears completely and posts
> (you) get madder and here we are

if you can't understand how dumb you i can't help you

>or ignorant of facts that don't support your narrative
the ironing

0/10 friendo

The amount of trash in that pic is an anti-theft device in itself

it doesn't matter how it is marketed when it's still the bottom of the price bracket for full frame SUVs with 4WD

still not economy but nice try

it's cheap and uncommon

if you don't understand what economy means i can't help you, enjoy being literally too stupid to understand how wrong you are. i'm out fags

>he won't stop calling my cheap car cheap
>I guess I'll just leave

Mitsubishi Pajero, Triton, Pajero Sport before 2016. Nissan Patrol Y61.

>Mitsubishi
Poverty cars
>Nissan Patrol
Americans drive Infiniti if they want a Nip SUV. Patrol is definitely a cheap SUV.

bitches don't know bout my glorious UAZ Breadloaf

yes, this is a car you can buy new in 2017

25 year law m808
remember, this is about people actually experiencing these things, not just the fact that it exists

Good news! The Breadloaf has been made since 1965 with almost no changes, so you can import one!

a 25 year old one, or a 2017? also, I've yet to ever see one IRL, let alone driving around

>remember, this is about people actually experiencing these things, not just the fact that it exists
still pretty neat tho

Gotta pull you up on the full size Pajero, they haven't had a mechanically selected transfer for a long time in any market I'm aware of. Their transfer selector is simply a switch disguised as a lever.
Another honourable mention is the mighty J70 Landcruiser. Still to this day available with a good old fashioned transfer and nothing else.

>a 25 year old one, or a 2017?

One of the former for proper paperwork, and a couple of the latter for new parts.

>also, I've yet to ever see one IRL, let alone driving around

As adorable as they are, you'd have to be insane to drive one of those pieces of shit in the US.

I'd just import a new one and use it as a farm truck. It seems pretty nifty for that.

Because Trump was the original owner.
> TWO STICKS !!!

Two. The key is two. The QC on these is abysmal, and while you can fix it in a cave with a box of scraps, it's not like you can go to the nearest junkyard and get a wheelbarrow of Uaz parts.

He always liked imports.

Triton fags assemble

nice

Mitsubishi L200