Corvette Thread

We jerk off to Corvettes and share interesting facts, stories, or advice related to them.

I'll start
>buy C6 Corvette
>take it out for the first drive since purchase
>enter freeway on ramp
>downshift to second and floor it
>car swings the whole backend out
>thisishowidie.mpeg
>never oversteered on dry land before
>somehow recover the car with my passenger laughing at me and showing relief for not dying
>cars behind me are now half a mile away in anticipation that I do more stupid things

Shit's fun, yo

>pic related, it's my car

Other urls found in this thread:

vararam.com/vr-sc1r.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dont know what you drove before, but from the sound of it nothing with rwd and more than 250hp. Anyways nice car take care of it and dont pull a mustang. easy increments on the throttle until you learn to drive it well enough and leave traction control on for the time being. All that is assuming you just got it, if you already know how to drive it ignore the majority of my post just useless info. Welcome to the LS club im an LSA member and overall v8.... mustang member since high school. I always knew what power was and learned to respect it.

>tfw 96 c4s are rare as heck and ZR1s cost too much

Drove my dads C6 z06.

You should basically always accelerate with the steering wheel straight or ease into it as you straighten out.

Forza with out any assists actually helped me al it with learning to handle stupid amounts of power like the corvettes have.

Be careful though and have fun.

I had a Lexus GS300 with 220 HP before I got the Vette so it's a significant contrast. I figured traction control would keep me alive but it's a lot less restrictive than I expected. Needless to say, I respect the car a bit more now

Try finding a '90 L98 with the 6-speed

I was in the market for a C3, but ended up getting an impala instead... still... sometimes it wouldve been fun..

>work at chevshit dealer
>procharged 01 c5 gets traded in by boeing engineer on a new c7, who supercharged it 'for better hwy mpg' (lol)
>employee price was like $11,000 or something
>test drive it but balked because I just bought an impala and would lose thousands on the deal
Still wish I bought it years later. Some guy test drove it, went fucking sideways and bought it right then and there.

Get a firebird at that rate.

I went from a:
>Pontiac g5
>z4
>ss camaro
>corvette

Man that g5 and z4 took one he'll of a beating before I learned not to be a retard.

How do Corvette drivers feel about being passed by my turbo K20 shitbox pushing 650hp? I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging or anything, but passing a high end sports car in a shitbox powered by a econo-lawn mower engine with a hair dryer strapped to it is kind of amusing to think about especially when Chevy spent millions in R&D to develop the engine only to be one-uped by bored teenagers with some money for simple mods.

>corvette
>high end sports car
lmao

I would explain it like this... Most older people who typically buy corvettes, don't really buy them because of their performance numbers. They buy them because of what it is. The symbol it represents. To join the "club" and be stereotyped in ways they want to be perceived.

Yeah, there will always be people who get them that would race that person and lose over and over. But I believe most older people know and understand that the speed limit is not a suggestion and they have a lot more to lose than the person driving the fast turd. Because at the end of the day, that fast turd IS the defining feature of that person. Where the corvette driver would most likely have many defining features outside of the vehicle they drive.

Nice b8 m8.

Do I count?

What's it like being married to a plastic surgeon?

Idk, I'm married to a high school teacher.

>I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging or anything
Oh, but you are

This post owned by this post .

Love how that car looks but hate the really horrible interior and terrible power-train.

long hood Cadillacs are best Cadillacs. fuck that CTS-Virgin shit

I love the interior, but goddamn does it feel gutless. Gonna be doing an LS3 swap in the near future.

And you'd be wrong to assume that I built my car to "define" me. I just wanted to go fast, simple as that. The boomer on the other hand just blew his life savings on hype.

I would liken the situation to iPhone vs Android.
One group knows there are ways to go fast, far, far cheaper. Sure it won't look as good as the competition, but if you care about function over form, then building vs buying is always better whether you build a muscle car, a peppy turbo i4, or something along those lines. Then there's the group that feels like it's "good enough" despite being far more expensive than the alternative and coming in short in all but hype and marketing.

One man cares about utility and could give two shits what people think, the other just cares about looking good in front of his peers like a teenaged girl in middle school

>just wanna go fast
>not a defining feature

Pick one

A man can be defined by his vehicle, or a man can define his vehicle

American ***engineering***

Neither are true unless you're incredibly vain.

Reminder that the Falconer ZR-12 C4 exists

wtf

>A man can be defined by his vehicle, or a man can define his vehicle

You forgot the most crucially important part of what you said. I'll fix it.

Does anyone know what cold air intake is in this photo? It's a C6 Corvette

You around Plymouth, or go there often?

Genuine question : Why don't American manufacturers make any V12s? you'd think Cadillac would?

I left it out because it was obvious nimrod.
One man caves to peer pressure, his own self image, and buys a rolling meme to impress his peers to run away from the fact that he's getting old.

The other is a true Chad, pursuing the ultimate god machine at a fraction of the cost building a one of a kind car that is his own.

>inb4 Hondas aren't god machines
>never said it was
>currently looking to build something even faster and rwd
>but had loads of fun building the Honda

want

>god machine
>fraction of the cost
>created very polished turd
>only positive is unusable on roads

Congratulations, you played yourself.

On occasion.

looks like you have all season tires... no wonder

>literally said it wasn't a god machine
>about $6k total
>cosmetically stock
>can out handle and out accelerate cars many times greater in value

Congrats retard you can't read.

I Believe that's the stock intake, fellow inland empire bro

>$6000
>650hp Turbo K Civic

So....that's just the block right? With sleeves, pistons, and rods? No idea how you're driving just a engine because you're not building a 600+hp Turbo Honda on a Domino's Delivery Driver budget. There's still the turbo itself ($$$), fueling ($$$), tuning/ems (KPro on its own is $700-900 + dyno time), transmission ($1-2000 for say a stock Z3 trans from a 8th Gen Si for a LSD + super single or twin disc clutch which is at least $4-600), turbo piping and exhaust (expensive unless you can weld/fabricate), etc. Not counting the shell. Which you're not out-handling anything when you're trying to put 650hp through 205-225 tires that could barely handle 200hp.

$6000 buys you a salvage/rebuilt high mileage C5 Corvette these days though.

Engine was $350 from junk yard
No sleeves
Rods and pistons were a combo deal, $800 together.
Turbo, intercooler, and associated piping was $1100
Injectors $800
Fuel pump was $130
MS2 ECU was $400 with associated wiring and accessories
Transmission was pulled used from a junkyard and rebuilt ($160 for trans, $380 for rebuild kit with seals and synchros, labor all done by me)
Competition twin disk clutch $900
Welded and fabricated everything besides the exhaust manifold (mounts, etc)
1997 Acura Integra Craigslist shell in decent condition (no engine, no transmission, full interior, stock silver paint with almost no scuffs or scratches) $600
I know the owner of a local shop with a dyno, let's me use it for free after business hours provided I don't break anything.

That said I'd like to either sell it and use the money to build a rwd car, or gut the engine, sell the shell, and drop the engine into something like say, a Miata after I redo the mounts and tubing and so on. I built it about 3 years ago but I've gotten my fun out of it.

garbage like this runs poorly for ~1k miles before it pops and you're back to fucking with it.

stop thinking junk is ok. it's not. stop being poor and buy a real car.

Been running fine for 3 years.

A corvette is a complete package. Goes fast, looks good, turns good, all with the reliability of being bone stock. Your Frankenstein Honda is one of those things. It's cool in its own right but don't pretend you're remotely in the same segment.

My Honda can out handle and out accelerate your complete package with ease. You don't have to get flustered, just accept it.
It's also reliable, has never left me stranded and other than regular oil changes and basic maintenance I haven't put any major parts into it since I built it.

I'll give you good looks though.

>live in rural fucking nowhere
>driving to my house
>turn onto my road
>see a line of 30+ corvettes are lined up on the road
>all waiting to turn into neighbor's driveway for some vette owner's party.
>drive past at 2mph in my minivan trying to contain my erection
>forget to take picture
>tfw

You are correct. Probably a stupid decision considering I live in SoCal and it rains literally 15 days tops out of the year

>he doesn't know the Corvette has leaf springs

Pics and dyno chart or gtfo. And unless you reinforced the body and brought the rest of the suspension up to like dc2 spec no you don't handle. You can't fit the tire size needed to get away nearly as much.

>calls others retards

With every post you make, you sperg even more. Just stop. No one believes your bullshit lol

Looks like a Vararam to me

vararam.com/vr-sc1r.html

I think you're right actually. I'm looking to get one, in that case. Do you know if any of the concerns are warranted about how driving in the rain will cause water to get sucked into the engine and cause it to blow up?

Needs LS Swap

I've seen an xlr around. Most recently wed morning one was looking like it was angling for a good run down Bourne rd

I see nothing wrong here

>northstar

No thank you buckaroo

Does Frostina still have her Corvette? Maybe she can pitch in

:)

I'm actually selling it right now. Gonna see what I can get for it, and if it's not what i want the car will get an ls3 swap.

gotta ditch those all seasons and just get some nice sticky tires you'll never have to worry about anything once they are hot.

my car will lose traction in 3rd gear if im not careful up until then

So it was you?
Btw I got like 15$ of iTunes cards if you want that in trade for the xlr.

>her
>she

Vararam, i have it on my z06.

Ive had nothing but a hard boner every time Ive driven my vette since I got it a couple months ago. My poor s2k hasnt been driven since.

I'd rather "lose" in a Vette than admit I drive a fucking Honda. Lmao @ your life

Why are you in this thread again? Let me guess, you also own a PS4 and go around looking for non-ps4 owners to harass.

Nah, I'm asking in the ballpark of 25-30k. Low miles (around 20k).

I bought a C5Z with a big cam, long tubes, and head work. First 3rd gear pull onto the freeway and it showed me a glimpse of the pearly gates... just can't jump into it without a disaster plan.

The worst part about Corvettes are the owners. You know the type, typical boomers who buy base model convertibles with the automatic trans.

Anyway, the C6 Z06 is slowly coming down in price, but if I bought one, that would be financially irresponsible. That being said, what is Veeky Forums's opinion on the C5Z? I'm not looking at base C6s cause I don't want to look like a little blue-pill "man" going through his mid-life crisis.

Base c6 is a better car than a c5z for what it's worth. Screw image.

Just bought new summer tires for my '96 LT4. Continental ExtremeContact Sport, 275 front and 285 rear. Fronts are wide because I have the Z51 package with 9.5 inch wide wheels all around.
I'm also going to replace the brake pads this weekend. I bought Hawk HPS 5.0 pads for front and rear.
Can't wait to test out this new equipment.

Are there any good AS tires that fit the c5z's stock wheels?

I'm looking to buy a used C7 and my budget is $50k. Is there anything I should look out for? I know the 2014's had engine vibration issues

Daily reminder that this is the zenith of American automotive design.