E34 or E38 for a project-to-DD?

E34 or E38 for a project-to-DD?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ioy1zeB49sU
meeknet.co.uk/e38/BMW_E38_Common_Problems.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

E38. For me E36, E38, E39 and E46 are the best BMW as far as it goes for the driving experience, feedback and luxury (E36 doesn't count here).

E38 would probably be more luxurious cause its a 7 series.

E34 if you want to finish that project with a reasonable budget during this decade.
Also if you want you DD to be fun around the twisties, reasonably fast on the straights and still maintain a sense of elegance and luxury.

E38 if you have sacrificed your humanity and sold your soul to satan for the brief moment of bliss that is owning an old 7 series and be surrounded by lavish interior and luxury shit.
Don't except surviving this one financially.

Buy a e39

E34 is incredibly sexy

They're not that expensive. Max $10k to keep it running perfectly for years. Do some research

They are though, especially when compared to the E34 that you can keep running for next to nothing for years.

my dad is on his 5th E38 in 10 years, they've all been a total pain in the ass to keep running, "not that expensive" is very much the wrong sequence of words to use when talking about them.

>not slapping a truck turbo and street slicks on a E34
>not BTFO'ing literally anything on the road

youtube.com/watch?v=ioy1zeB49sU

>Do some research
Nigga I own not one but two 750's, the other one is an E38. Been spending way too much time and money with the old 7's to know that the E38 while marginally cheaper and easier than the E32 is no means cheap to own.

Does your dad like getting whipped, because he sure is a masochist.

holy fuck

Honestly the only expensive fix is the timing chain guide for the engine, which is around $8k and that is only for the V8s. If you get the V12 you really only have to check out or replace the front suspension and the cooling system, afterwards it's dead reliable.

meeknet.co.uk/e38/BMW_E38_Common_Problems.htm

Hold on, I never said they were cheap, I said they weren't that expensive. It's a German luxury car, of course it's going to be pricey.

Though choice. Both are fucking amazing. But I think the 38 is slightly better.

thats just gorgeous. Absolutely stunning.

where do you get that bullshit about e38 being unreliable and expensive from? 8k for a timing chain, seriously? having had a 96 740i, 99 740iL i can say that its bollocks. certain parts can be hard to get and a bit pricey, but overall i didnt have that many issues. ive had the 740s for 2.5 years,now own a 2001 750iL. Fabulous cars. never had to sink thousands into repairs ever. perhaps it helps that i only buy pristine examples and do preventive maintenance.

neither. buy a mint one or don't bother.

he likes comfy commutes on his way to and from the rape dungeon.

e23