Is F1 the biggest joke of a motorsport on the planet?

Is F1 the biggest joke of a motorsport on the planet?

>fucking ABS and TCS in a competitive motorsport
>4 cylinder hybrid turbo 1.6 engines LMAO
>no refuelling
>takes place in third world countries where it rains
>no good crashes anymore
>drivers are all faggots
>fucking DRS for indefensible overtakes

Why does anyone watch this shit? Any motorsport where the world champion is a fucking nigger is obviously a shit motorsport that takes no skill.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DmE8KfxLJRg
youtube.com/watch?v=zDeXGoUsNT8
youtube.com/watch?v=lSZ2GcilS0E
youtube.com/watch?v=gCeF-bZK684&t=436s
youtu.be/LS47125tUzk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You don't really have to meme to shit on F1 these days. plenty of legitimate complaints can be made on top of sheer boredom and predictability of it all now. i doubt most of F1's biggest fans pay as much attention to F1 as they used to and only like it because its still regarded as the most prestigious sport ever and if your favorite brand enters and win or a driver from a country you also inhabit you can get behind them and say: "Yea, i'm with that guy! hes our goy".

F1 hasn't has traction control for a decade and ABS since the 80's

F1 doesn't have ABS nor TCS.
Engines are 6 cylinders.
No refueling is a good thing, actually.
If you watch motorsports for crashes, you can go fuck yourself.

want refueling, no driver aids, big crashes, and a lot of straight white male drivers in the most powerful country in the world? watch NASCAR

want modern, relevant, advanced, interesting, and fast? watch F1. i know for a lot of people the engineering is hard to comprehend, which is bad for people with low IQs (read: no loud noises and big bangs = boring) but when you take into account the sort of work and intelligence behind the design and really try to get inside the heads of the companies that built these cars, it gets a lot better.

>fucking ABS and TCS
no
>4 cylinder hybrid turbo 1.6 engines LMAO
6 cyl
>no good crashes anymore
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DmE8KfxLJRg
>takes place in third world countries where it rains
lmao amerilards cant into wet driving
>drivers are all faggots
mfw

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Formula One. The driving dynamics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the overtakes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Hamilton's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these driving maneuvers, to realise that they’re not just impressive- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Formula One truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the technicalities of DRS, which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Bernie Eccelstones genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

This meme fits F1 and its Fans like a glove.

lmao

you just got fucking schooled

You missed the whole "Ricky and Morty" bullshit the last month?

>If you watch motorsports for crashes, you can go fuck yourself.
no u

to be fair, i appreciate that you took the time to amend that shit to make it relevant. but we've seen two dominant teams in the past 5 years in Red Bull and Mercedes and one was because they used the exhaust gases to blow air through the diffuser to make it more slippery, and the other split the turbo to make the packaging far more effective. the sort of crazy engineering that goes into that is mind blowing

I'm pretty sure his post shows that he gets it you dumbass

gr8 b8 m8

While impressive engineering nobody respects hamilton despite his 4 championships. Why is this?

He has the personality of a yard of plain fabric

I see what you did there.

I've figured out how to fix racing: Spec. There are 2 series run at the same time. The first series uses human drivers and they race like normal, but all in the exact same car. Suspension tuning and gearing choice is allowed. Series 2: manufacturers' race. All cars are autonomous with the same AI for the first half of the season. Fastest chassis and engine package wins. Then they race in that car with different AIs to determine the new testing AI for next year. The human drivers update to the winning chassis/engine package next year as well.

he always had the dominant car if i recall correctly
and he's a bit too much on social media for me
vettel isn't much more charismatic though

alonso is a the funny asshole and ricardo is just based

Ricciardo totally browses Veeky Forums

>last month
I thought that was last week?

He has 3, and two of those came from the newest Merc car that was stupid dominant

Alonso, Ricciardo and Verstappen are fun. Seb's temper tantrums are thoroughly entertaining, and ditto for Romain "My brakes! My brakes! Where the fuck are my brakes!?" Grosjean.

Don't forget Kimi's "completely out of fucks to give" attitude.

"It drives like a GP2! This is embarrassing!"

"*Mclaren-Honda making excuses*"

"GP2 Engine! GP2 ENGINE!"

- Alonso the Glorious Asshole

Last time I watched F1 was in 1999.

I quit around the time Shoemaker retired.

WEC is ded bois, rip in pepperoni

Happy birthday gimi

>not watching the superior /motoGP/

plebs the lot of you

>ABS
>TCS
>anti-wheelie

>t. can't lean

Tarmac is for pussies.

>Is drag racing the biggest joke of a motorsport on the planet?
>>fucking automatics in a competitive """""motorsport""""
>>all about engine size dick waving competition for manlets LMAO
>>no refuelling
>>takes place in third world country where retards are dumb enough to glorifiy it everywhere they go
>>no good crashes possible
>>drivers are not needed
>>fucking hold down throttle and keep wheel straight most powerful car wins
>Why does anyone watch this shit? Any motorsport where the world champion is a fucking redneck is obviously a shit motorsport that takes no skill.

I don't care about the personalities of the different drivers, it is not a reality show. The engineering used to be amazing, now it is nearly as boring as the races. WEC races are more close after 24 hours than an F1 race is after a couple of laps. I honestly fell asleep half way through the race the last time I was watching it.

Drag racing is the only motorsport

>The engineering used to be amazing, now it is nearly as boring as the races
i think the problem is that a lot of it is very subtle. people can see when you show up with skirts or hear when an engine revs to incredible speeds but they cant see how you placed a turbo or your oil burning system

Fuji race was fun. the 'SUper Season' is a lame attempt to saveface. I'll prob watch anyway.

Sounds like you want to watch NASCAR.

Watching a bunch of identical cars go around the track over and over is pretty boring and slightly autistic, Le Mans too. NASCAR is all about drinking beer and waiting for the body contact and crashes.

Hillclimbing is far superior.

No co-driver, no team radio, no engine or car restrictions, no safety barrier, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=zDeXGoUsNT8

Protip: MotoGP has the best racing right now

improved production id the patricians choice when it comes to track racing. You cannot argue with this

The real question is why does anyone watch nascar? It literally just about being lucky enough for some faggot to not ram you into the dirt

"""""""""""""""""identical""""""""""""""""" cars

Agreed. Gran Turismo/Forza in real life > Formula Hamilton
youtube.com/watch?v=lSZ2GcilS0E

They basically are in the cucked world of F1 where even foreskin length is regulated.

Go to if you want to have a discussion about motorsports. This board doesn't really watch racing.

And some of the best races this season ironically have been in the rain/mixed conditions too.

ABS has been banned since 1994 and traction control has been banned since 2008

sister's cooch

>f1
>racing in the rain

>>Is drag racing the biggest joke of a motorsport on the planet?

Yes.

who knew there were more autists here than in /f1/. most of you have to be finns or burgers right?

underrated post.
I would enjoy that, mate.

controlling a car at all with that much horsepower and no driver aids and extreme lightness is actually extremely difficult

Hamilton has 3 championships. Championship #4 hangs in the balance, although you'd have to favour Hamilton at this stage of the season.
Hamilton is a brilliant talented F1 driver. Hands down the absolute best in the wet. Most number of poles of any driver. The Hamilton haters club tend to judge him ONLY on his personal life. He's a bit of a hipster, so fucking what.

>NASCAR
>deemed as the manliest sport on earth
>has to use a giant hairdryer to dry the track before a single car leaves the pitlane
Ridiculous

>f1
>hamilton wins again?
ridiculous

He literally lost last year, and didn't had the lead for more than half the year.
Do you even watch motorsports?

Yeah and who won instead of him? Another fucking Merc. F1 is trash and has been since red bull days

Why isn't improved production more popular? I'd think normies and autists alike would love to watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=gCeF-bZK684&t=436s

>McLaren domination: OK
>Ferrari domination: OK
>Redbull domination: OK
>Merc domination: Jesus F1 just sucks

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand F1 racing. The driving is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the techniques will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Schumachers nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these races, to realise that they’re not just driving - they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike F1 truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Hamiltons existential catchphrase “BRAAAAP,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as the truest form of motorsport unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

schumacher doesn't have much of an outlook any more. he'll be a vegetable for the rest of his days

you should have put more effort into that

my problem with the Merc domination is that they were also an engine manufacturer for other teams, and sold a -completely- different setup to those teams in respect to the one they actually ran (pic related). maybe if they were dominant with a similar platform i would be completely okay with them destroying everyone, but not only did they intentionally hinder everyone else's performance, they're also sandbagging slightly to keep people from raising pitchforks.

marketing

regular production engine converts 20% of its fuel into useful work, the rest is lost to heat and noise
a mercedes formula 1 engine converts 50% of its fuel into useful work. from an engineering perspective that is mind blowing

*power unit i should say, because a lot of that efficiency is derived from the MGU-H system

i want to put a MGU-H on my turbo civic

They just lost their way a bit.
It's also a problem with the fans. There's two types of race fans. Driver fans and engineering fans. You can't be a driving fan and really get into modern racing like WEC, F1, etc because the driver is so far removed from it through the lack of sprint racing (tire and fuel limits).

Most racing is so expensive now, most drivers pay to be there, so it really doesn't matter. And the teams are basically driving banners at this point. It's similar to horse racing. It's a social event and a spectacle more than anything.

Someone like Verstappen, an actual driver, even though I dislike his nepotism can come and be top 3 straight out of a single season of F3 and karts says A LOT about the lack of competition of modern F1. Basically any top 10 CIK eurochamp karter with some practice in an F4 can score points in F1 or WEC or any other televised race series. It's pretty pathetic.

Doesn't have the pizzazz or the engineering that draws normals. And normals is where the money is.
Sprint racing with as close to balanced cars as possible is for drivers. Things like Le Mans are for engineering autists and car guys.
Racing culture and car culture aren't the same.

A kart race or a formula 3 race is more interesting to watch, from a race craft and driving perspective, than any end game race series 90% of the time.

>pizzazz or the engineering

the words you're really looking for are 'sex appeal'

its interesting to see just how far automotive technology can be pushed with a large budget. there is this swedish guy who bought a bunch of spares from a bankrupt F1 team and plans on adapting them to his TT Lamborghini.
here is the intercooler and wastegate:youtu.be/LS47125tUzk

Yea, marketing. The spectacle. F1 race is like spring break for various 10%'ers of the region.

If you're watching F1, WEC, IMSA, etc for "racing" in the driving sense you're watching the wrong shit. Motorsports is an engineering sport with horrible politics and nepotism. I'd honestly rather watch NBA than F1 and I don't even like sports. At least I know the people there deserve to be there and the competition is stacked.

Seeing it in person is different because then you can appreciate the engineering and the sound and smell, but to follow it like a sport - no thanks.

Real racing is sprint racing. Either heavily spec'd like DTM, BTCC, etc. Or in series where the driver actually makes the difference like MotoGP, BSB, WSBK, WRC (all sprint racing).

tl;dr reee

GR#3. Racism not allowed. Go back to your cesspool, mong.

tbqh i would love to see F1 rally, with 1 giant 300km long SS

To make F1 better literally all they have to do is stop limiting tires and fuel.
And probably institute a staged points system like they did in NASCAR.

NASCAR ironically solved one of the biggest problems in modern racing with their staged points system.

>giving your own company the best shit
>bad

Thanks user.

All I ask for is
>v10
>slicks
>no TC
>no DRS
>refueling
>no HP limit
>24K redline
>only germans or fins in german cars
>no niggers

>only 1 nigger in the (((series)))
>consistently champion
really activates the almonds

The one thing to get F1 well back on track is for the FIA to fuck off, FOM is large enough that it could self govern the sport.

>ferrari
>mercedes
>renault
One of them will win. Every year. Since 1992 it has been on of those three. Boring as fuck.

For the fans it is. Which is who pays the fucking bills.

he's a mongrel

You don't know shit about F1.
Just STFU

>you can't be a driver fan and enjoy WEC
>who is Andre Lotterer
Just refrain from further posting user.

>ABS and TCS
someone should warn the Japanese about their JGTC league.

Your post has absolutely nothing to do with mine. You're clearly an idiot.

I like also Kimi because he just don't give fuck about anything.

Then please educate me

Red bull is still competitive and won not too long ago. Are you talking about engine manufacturers?

Agreed

F1 should be V16 engines running on rocket fuel, wooden steering wheels with no wings, and no crash protection.

YEAH BOI

this right here. cars that started out as normal street cars that have been modified by small time racing teams is the funnest.
WTAC sydney last weekend was fun as fuck as well. Jordan Cox did spectacularly in his evo.

I've met a new car friend past year who used to be super into Nascar. He noticed how blatantly rigged the races are and really lost interest. He described it as people getting da fuck out of the way whatever driver the announcers are hyping up to win. Or sketchy shit like a flag on the final lap when someone who isn't supposed to win is waaaay ahead.

I don't know about all of that, but I do know that something's up with the Toyotas.

Williams BMW was p-good at one point.

Still, they left and made the i8 with the tech.

bike racing is certainly where it's at right now

MotoGp has already been posted but personally I prefer Superbikes,National races of all sizes and the TT

>production based bikes
>privateers duking it out in search of glory
>likable and down to earth riders
>the flatout balls to the wall speed of the TT and NW 200

although rally is just eternally great