Weekly hatch thread

>FWDrivan
>Sick nasty corneran
>turbo laggan
>bullying underpowered pigfat "sport" cars
>getting bullied

What do you drive? What's your favorite thing to do in your hatch? Post yor shitbox, compliment other hatch bois, let's have a comfy time in our 3/5 door paradise

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bRQZK3571pE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sup

>driving home on a saturday night
>getting tailgated by some truck
>they switch lanes to pass me
>lift off on him, speed off 2 car lengths ahead as soon as the turbo is spooled up

It's not that impressive but it happens alot here in texas where trucks think they're fast and don't know what three red letters on a golf mean

maybe you shouldn't sit in the passing lane then asshole

That feeling when you take turns without so much as a tap on the brakes while everyone else has to slow down

Develish af

Should I buy a 2014 Golf R

What do you drive now?

98 Camry 125k miles, could probably get 200k out of it but got a good salary and want to give it back to me uncle

Yes, it's time to upgrade. Golf R would be a good choice. Could also look at the Focus ST/RS if it's in your budget

Yeah I'll never own a Ford. I thought about a STI but I kinda want something that flys under the radar

Pretty piss driving in Texas, was going home from a comedy show last night from Austin to San Antonio and hold my same speed all the way to be passed and pass the same three cars, watch an 18 wheeler drive halfway off the right shoulder and swerve back in, couple people under speed limit floating in passing lane slowing everybody and a Jeep driving down two lanes for a mile on their phone. I also had someone in my apartment complex back into my FoRS while it was all the way into its parking slot.

had the muffler deleted yesterday. now it sounds ridiculous

just loud wastegate wooshing on WOT, crackling and popping on downshifts and coasting

Doesn't it resonate as fuck at highway speeds?

>torque vectoring kicks in and the rear steps out

Welp, nothing of value was impacted

there's certainly more drone now, but it's totally manageable. it doesn't bother me. the car vibrates a bit more at certain rpms (1800 and 2200 in particular) but volvo did a really good job of insulating and soundproofing the cabin.

i almost always listen to music when I drive anyway. at least now I can choose to listen to my exhaust instead :)

youtu.be/bRQZK3571pE
snap video so it's only 9 seconds but you get the point

>not tapping on the brakes to shift the car's weight onto the front wheels for a faster corner exit
pleb

Sounds good. I'm considering a muffler delete too but the car will end up too loud.

I was having my gti detailed this weekend and one of the dudes started making small talk with me about it. He drives a 2014 golf tdi so I felt a bit of a bond it was really warm and fuzzy bros. os there something about hatches that inspires a certain kind of driver?

is a Honda Civic Hatchback a good car to buy? or is it too rice. turbo worth it?

My 02 EP3. I love it too death.

Hello hatchbros and hatchhoes. '16 GTI reporting in. May have pics up later. Can confirm hatchmeets are comfy af, even velosters are welcome because it's the kimchi mobile we all love to hate.

i've been considering getting one of these as a DD/winter car. how do they stack up?

> (You)
>i've been considering getting one of these as a DD/winter car. how do they stack up?
I guess we'll see how it works this winter. Haven't had mine through the snow yet. In all other times they're extremely fun to drive. A better rear sway bar Ande some sticky tires can make it a handling God though.

R's don't really fly under the radar unless it's a wagon either tbqh

But they just look like regular Golfs unless you get it in red

Mine was fine last winter even with fairly bald all seasons on there. With good tires I'm sure it would be awesome

Love mine too, the dash mount shifter is super fun and natural feeling.

I know, right? I was lucky and got mine with only 85,000 miles. It's the most fun shitbox I've ever driven.

The turbo is only kind of worth it, the k20a3 in the ep3 is really a wimpy engine, it does have a pretty high Rev range but it's vtec is shit compared to other engines, really any civic hatch engine swapped is awesome and even a turbo can make a big difference. As for rice it's pretty simple to not make it look rice

As long as you take care of it, the thing will last, I'm creeping up on 250,000 miles and i haven't had to do any major repairs, probably a clutch change wouldn't hurt but other then that the engine is solid

If you get it in red doesn't it look like a regular golf but in red?

Living that MkV life
I have the FSI engine but I've put on bilsteins, a short throw shifter, and it's got APR's stage two software so I like to fuck with last gen camaros/mustangs

My hatchbro buddy sniped me while I was stuck in traffic.

muh dick dude
erry day

Pt cruisers need not apply.

Postin my 2016 GTI.

Love the thing, planning on getting it tuned by next summer.

PTGT is faster than most shit out there today. Mine runs an 11.4 second 1/4.

Ptgts run the quarter in 15 sec. so I don’t really know what’s more sad: either you’re lying about your Shit box or you actually put money into your worthless shit box. Actually never mind the second one is definitely more sad.

You the user that has like 380hp/380lb/ft with his PT?

Clean ass PT. don't listen to other anons, it's bad ass asf.

What's up hatch bros. Here's my shitbox

Yup that’s me. Fuck anyone who doesn’t like it.

>implying I’m the one that put the money into it
>implying SRT4 Stage 3 shit is soooo expensive anyway

burger here, what cars are these?

205 gti maybe? not sure

>tfw sudden lift-off oversteer

and the other yellow and the white one next to it?
they look hilariously tiny

yellow one is peugeot 106 1.6 burger bro. Around 120 hp and less than 1000 kg, second one is fiat punto and white one is vw up(škoda citigo) . Not the pic poster but hope I helped

Still don't know why people give that car shitty rep. Always found it different and 30's looking but always made me sad for being fwd. If only it was V8 and rwd to be more in line with cars it looks like. Still happy to see someone made an effort and made it quick. Hope it serves you well bro

so which one is the best?

peugeot 106 is around 20 years old, but it is the fastest and hard to find unmolested. It was quick for euro standards for the time and is most fun to drive. Fiat, well their reliability is generally shit but they are cheap (atleast here) and can be made to go quick (dude here has a sleeper with diesel engine with huge tarbo and nitrous shot) as engine parts cost like toys. VW UP! , or Škoda CITIGO are the smallest cars you can buy from the VW, they are practical city cars which use very little fuel and can fit enough for city driving but some people use them for long trips. TL;dr: three city cars which are small and under powered for american ideas, they are practically a thing one of your full size cars pooped out

Fiat punto and panda I think. They're pretty ok size-wise, unless you're really fat

>hilariously tiny
>tfw when normal sized where I'm from

>eurolets

I fucking wish. latin america

Go back to bongland. Theres no passing lane here, only my lane.

It’s been good to me. I actually have 3 PT cruisers. The black one is a 2008 base-model auto for city traffic and winter, the silver is a 2003 GT that’s heavily upgraded, and I have a purple 2006 convertible Touring edition with wood paneling. All told I have less than $4k invested for all three. The vert is getting the roof hydraulics fixed right now, but I can’t wait to get it back and actually drive it.

I also have a purple Plymouth Prowler. That is one I really wish was a V8.

>be me
>try to accelerate like a mad cunt on a slightly curved road
>never heard of no shit like oversteer or torque vectoring
>just got my new gti a few weeks before
>notice the car pulling towards the guardrail
>asshole becomes a perfectly sealed vault of terror as I correct my line

Real terror boys

>trucks think they're fast and don't know what three red letters on a golf mean

Or better yet, the single silver.

Is the R that much faster than the GTI? I know it’s AWD, but I’m not too knowledgeable about VW stuff.

Am I invited too?

Drove about 3000 miles in 6 days last year in this. Sometimes you just gotta pack your life in a hatch and Go

It's a Golf GTI SE with a better suspension, DCC, AWD, and a better engine.

are french relevant anymore?
they used to be kangs of hot hatches

how do y'all feel about the mazda 3 hatch?

was thinking of getting a cpo as my first car, year 2014+

nice, i must say I am jelly on prowler, any pics to share? I know it's a hatch thread but, hey, if it's next to one of these no one will judge haha

M A D M A N

she's clean(er), boys

So did you understeer or oversteer? I can't tell form the story. How did you learn to manage? is it really that bad or does it only bite you if you drive carelessly?

The GTI has 230hp, the R has almost 300hp, sure the AWD system is heavy but if I'm not wrong the R is still faster and also has other performance mods:

Also interested in this. Car market is really expensive where I'm from but the Mazda 3 is a good option and apparently it drives well.
Check this thread for some other info.

Also what do you guys think about the Mazda 2?? pic related
Could it be a cheaper and lighter alternative to the Mazda 3 or do you think it's a tiny underpowered econoshitbox?

I wrote oversteer but I meant understeer. My gti has a LSD so it wasn't severe but it only happens when you gun it into a turn (which I've learned is the worst shit you can do in any car). Managing it is easy enough, just slow in and fast out of a corner like any other car. You may get some torque steer anyways but that's in situations where you're driving like a mad cunt

Handling wise they're still top tier. But best ones is subjective. I personnaly find their engines really boring and rather outdated.

>in any car

Try rwd lmao

Ef civic hatch here

>Also what do you guys think about the Mazda 2??
Feels like a mini Mazda 3, which is already a mini Mazda 6. So quite a good little city car, but if you don't care about being able to park easily, just buy a used 3 or 6.

Chav.

Hope you get a "contra ordenacao muito grave" for driving such a shitbox.

She’s in winter storage now, but i’ll See if I can dig up a pic from when I bought her.
Yup, i’m Insane and hate myself.

Anyone driven the 2017 or 2018 Impreza Sport hatch? Is it any good? Aside of course from glacial acceleration (why they dropped the WRX hatch I'll never understand)

also own a C30, what did you do to yours, user?
I really want to start modding mine

what engine u got bithc??

this is a T5 M66 6-speed at roughly 270hp, 305ftlbs torque
so far:
DDM 5K HIDs, low beam and fogs
shark stage 1 tune
front volvo bbk, front calipers from a V50 AWD
EBC sport rotors
ebc red stuff brake pads
elevate rear motor mount
eibach springs
koni FSDs in the front
pierburg TCV
muffler delete

T5 too, but mine is bone stock
I have an AT one because manuals are fucking unicorns in my country and not worth the price people ask them

I mainly want more power and better handling without lowering the car because pot holes here are gigantic and I already cracked the oil pan twice because of them
Dont want a drag monster, just a nice bump, 270hp would be the sweet spot for these motors when you dont want to go crazy, right?

Hi all, here's my MK7 GTI, bought it about 2 months ago. Should be getting an APR stage 2 tune by the end of the month.

get a tune (hilton, shark, elevate) that removes the torque limiter

thats looks best, ill give them that

thnx user, color is epic, i still remember it from nfs 2 as a kid

My GTI Edition 30 running 300 bhp and 335 ftlbs.

anybody drives one of these?

2005 Mazda 3 SP23 BK1 worth a buy as a DD?

I had one for about 2 months while my WRX was being repaired from an accident. It's probably more because of the fact I hooned the shit out of it, since I wasn't going to keep it, but it was honestly more fun to drive than my WRX is. Great little cars.

Also way more comfy than my WRX was, since I had an SE trim. Heated seats, mmm

Also a C30 owner here.

...it's a fucking diesel :(((( (and not even the D5, but the 2.0D ford/psa one.

theres literally 8 turn signals up front
what the fuck?

also, why some focuses have turn signals in grille? is this exclusive for USDM focuses? or just higher trim?

checked

>literally 8 turn signals up front what the fuck?
it's photoshopped

>turn signals in grille exclusive for USDM focuses
i think so, at least one of the mk1 trims got them

why the hell US always gets better trims, bumpers?

compensating for type-r i suppose

Clean!

noice
fucking love the c30

C-Can I join with a Skoda Octavia Hatchback?

Mk7 is bae. Much nicer looking than the mk6. Did you do the performance pack? Looking at your wheels I’m tempted to believe you didn’t but all it gives you are big brakes and 10 extra hp

Poastin hatch

Shit forgot it gives you a LSD too desu

We had the (slow) ST170 and the RS