Final Fantasy XIV General - /xivg/

Many Great Bushido Honor Edition

Network difficulties due to "DDoS":
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/dd506077db314182ddc2dc15b1d033d72da5630c

An update regarding the status of congested Worlds: sqex.to/Zns

An update regarding resolutions for the instance roadblock and 90k errors on the NA data center: sqex.to/9J2

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/XrCg42ub

Preliminary DPS numbers (current performance does not indicate the direction of future adjustments)

Previously on /xivg/:

Once again, what role skills do I take as SCH?

please help me..........I only have this class in 60.....

What did she mean by this?

>no tank girlfriend to boost me through queues and bully me for being a dumb DPS

[Esuna/Protect] - Protect at start, swap it out after. You can make a macro for it.
Largesse
Swiftcast
Lucid Dreaming
[Eye for an Eye/Cleric Stance] - Some leeway on this one.

This goes for all healers. Surecast may be worth taking in select fights for Knockback immunity.

So questing is boring at 62 and i constantly have to do like 60% of the level to continue the main questline

since i am kinda new to the game i have no idea how to level efficiently. What else but questing can i do to level quickly?.

What have we here...

Deployment Tactics should spread ally buffs and regens.

Pedophiles need to be purged

I'd rather have a healslut taking care of me instead of brute tankfag

Samurais in training?

Just do MSQ and Dungeons.
Btw lvl63 one isn't unlocked from msq

So what's a Good One handed sword class starting from Gladiator? I remember Paladin is more sword and board class and I wanted something a little different than that

Can Roes look good at SAM? No, Gosetsu isnt a Roe.

MSQ, sidequests, FATEs, PotD, PvP, Roulettes, and dungeon spam are you options, any works.

Eye for an Eye is kinda weak and only really good for huge fucking pulls which are just not that common or really noticeable, and for bosses its duration is just too small to make an impact

Also, you can use Protect and switch it out instantly with any ability that is not on Cooldown (say Cleric Stance is on cooldown, you can switch for Esuna, cast protect, and switch right back to Esuna). On my SCH I have

Protect - change for Cleric Stance after instance start
Esuna
Lucid Dreaming - mind you that MP regen from Aetherflow has been nerfed
Largesse for emergency healing, also boosts shields and will blow up HP with Lustrate and Indomitability
Swiftcast - rezzing and shit

Also note, Role abilities are not level locked after you unlock them, so your level 48 ability can be used in Copperbell mines and shit.

well you have paladin and paladin and also paladin

Thats not how this game works friend. Each class turns into a specific job. There is no branching job for Gladiator. You either go sword and board Paladin, or the new Red Mage uses a sword but its 80% ranged magic and 20% sword.

SUSANO GIVE ME MY WEAPON

kill yourself

this

Bleh, well...that's unfortunate. I hate tanking in this game, it seems so slow and at the same time so hard to do.

Guess I have no choice until i can do something else.

Man Hien and Zenos are so handsome, I want to hug them among other things.

will you go with me into the world of sinful pleasures, filled with lustful luxuries?

Just cave in and buy it like me

Hien belongs to Cirina.

Hyur

Elezen

or ...?

If Aura didnt have fucking retard horns I'd play it

i wanna do the lewd to zenos

Elezen

>all these new fucking gauges and bars
Anyone else get the urge to redo their entire fucking UIs because of this shit?

When the fuck are we getting player texture updates to match Lyse and Hien. Their skin is so fucking nice.

Just be a tank boyfriend instead, dummy.

Oh I know.... I'll only hug him. But Zenos doesn't~

is pvp the fastest way to get to 70

The only class that has branching is arcanist into summoner and scholar.

having a bad tank makes dungeon runs 99999x slower. The best way to ensure they go faster is to do the job yourself.

Tanking is by far the easiest role. You are basically a DPS except you have to look at your team and see how awful they are.

Paladin/Gladiator is also really boring until Level 54.

nihao!

How can one cat be so ugly?

elezen male?

>posts a tank cuckold

Sure

female highlander

Those boys are clearly of age and in need of a womans touch. God forbid a garlean brute chops their heads off before they truly become men. Is that what you wish for them?

Are you top or bottom?

Largesse doesn't work on Indom and Lustrate because those are abilities not spells.

It's the fastest from 60-70, but not pre 60.

If I buy it, it'll drop next run. If I don't buy it, it'll never drop. If I run it 99 times, I will not get a mount. I can not win a mount to save my life. My fucking weapon will not drop. The same god damn aiming accessory dropped like 7 times in Lakshmi out of my 15 clears.

lol ur gay

I want this cat.

actually fucking neck yourself you piece of shit

Coordinated shitposting is not allowed here.

>no healer to pair with my tank for purest form of love hand holding

Holy shit I just checked and you are right.

the fuck man

between

So is the 50-60 roulette worth it xp wise?

you aren't a chinaman

Tempting.

What are some of these other Classes I see like...what's a WAR and a Dark KNight?

Can you buy a character boost for a machinist if you don't have anyone at 50 yet to unlock it?

I think Hien is taken

buy bard
you'll be much happier with your life

why is zenos so fucking handsome?

You're Paks aren't you?

>tfw no yandere beepy gf

>hein rammed in the butt.jpg

that's the wrong cuckold son

Then why is my name Longdong Wangsong?

all cuckolds are wrong. show me a right cuckold.

Do I need to do every +quest?

Can I skip hard and extreme modes?

nope

>scale mustache

Why is this not an option?

If you want to get whatever they unlock, yes. The only ones I'd suggest skipping is the leves of______ quests, as you generally won't be bothering with levequests your first class up, maybe not ever.

Yes you can skip all the old 50/60 endgame.

I just started heavansward content, am I fucked when using the duty finder?

it is on that face, face 4 I think

Did ippiki do something stupid again? I forgot he existed.

xth for reportlanders

I've got a lvl 50 class, just trying to figure out which of the 30 quests in each city to do

he is always talking shit in the drakn discord

He was stalking a grown-ass man I heard?

do all of them

>implying everyone isn't talking shit in the darkn discord

nibba

>Shitpikki
>DRAKN

Why is he in it?

plenty people use the roulette, you should be fine, dps queues will probably be long though

YOUR

WAIFU

so.. how do I beat ramuh extreme

Do you actually lewd?

>those crazy eyes

user, never stick your dick in crazy

Step away from Zenos he's meant for proper young ladies such as I.
Please step on me milord.

Because his girlfriend is in it and he has to keep an eye on her after the whole A'hl incident.