/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/1513
cemu.info/compat_tracking.txt
youtube.com/watch?v=_BV6X4y5zyU
github.com/decaf-emu/decaf-emu/tree/master/src/libgpu/src/opengl
youtube.com/watch?v=KN0K58EfJSg
ci.appveyor.com/project/exjam/decaf-emu/build/artifacts
onlinemd5.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>There are almost no games where GLideN64 isn't significantly better than other plugins.
github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/1513
Stuff like this is why I don't really care for GLideN64. All these flaws that even Glide64 doesn't have.

>Some notes on current state of compatibility for games/applications in Cemu.
>Maintained by Exzap

cemu.info/compat_tracking.txt

Decaf would have much more support/attention if they implemented OpenGL rendering, but noooo...

We back boys

>>Is the i9-7900X worth it over the i7-7820X for RPCS3?
>2 cores/4 threads for $400? I would wait for RPCS3 get mature.
Not the user who made the question, but wut?

Meant to quote

Why does MGS2:SoL spaz out so much for me?

i9-7900X has 2 cores/4 treads more than i7-7820X and cost $400 more.

Posting my speccy.
I'm using PCSX2.

Still waiting on that fork of RA.
Has the coup started yet? Will SP be deposed as the dictator and free us all from the tyranny of his regime.

I wish

What are they using?

>OpenGL rendering
Why would that even matter if it's still Windows only?

They're using fucking Direct3D12

youtube.com/watch?v=_BV6X4y5zyU

Hold on brother, for we must struggle. SPs tyranny will be over. No longer shall we be denyed PS4s and TVs, no longer shall we be denyed $800 in donations.
OUR BATTLE CRY IS
MUH PPSSPP CORE!!!!!!!!!!

Not that guy, but I'm piggy backing off of this

I want an Intel CPU for emulation, should I get a 7700k or wait?

>They're using fucking Direct3D12
Wow that is pretty bad.. They should use Vulkan! I guess there's no hope for Decaf unless some talented people start joining the team.

I agree 100% with you about Vulkan, and it's listed as one of the future steps for Decaf, but OpenGL would open it for older hardware support too. If the want the project to be popular to bring more devs, at least drop fucking Windows 10 only and implement OpenGL

Yea Vulkan is the future. OGL for older hardware but DX can burn in the trash bin.
At least Dolphin has dropped DX, it's a start.

They didn't dropped for the reason you're hating on it though, they dropped it because the plugin wasn't being improved upon. I think someone mentioned somewhere that if someone started to work on it again, they would likely reimplement it into the main branch.

Kind of probably what will happen to Citra in the future, as Vulkan should be the next logical step and I don't know if someone will care enough to keep the OpenGL backend up to date

>Windows 10 only
Is this some kind of meme? I've literally just compiled decaf on GNU/Linux.

Can you run it or run any game on it? Can you compile it for Windows 7 using some cross-plataform toolchain or whatever? Because this is the barrier for lot's of users right now

This new RPCS3 build is really nice, Naruto Storm doesn't drop below 20fps for me, even though I have a piece of shit cpu FX-6200. JoJo the same.

>they dropped it because the plugin wasn't being improved upon
Which is why it should be put on the trash heap. You think MS have any interest in developing DX anymore? It was a selling point for windows 10. Nothing of real worth has taken advatage of DX since 10s release. Even doom, went OGL and Vulkan.

isnt there a pc version of this game?

github.com/decaf-emu/decaf-emu/tree/master/src/libgpu/src/opengl

Yeap, but the point is showing how the emulator is getting better. Demon's Souls is really close to perfection visual wise (and performance keep getting better and better)

>Even doom

Lel

I don't see your issue with what i said.

My issue is that you think Doom being OpenGL/Vulkan is surprising or meaningful in any way.

They're using OGL4.x and plan to have Vulkan at some point, DX12 was dropped early on stop spreading bullshit.

How are SNES and GBA emulators on Android these days? Do they run on full speed? I have a pretty good smartphone so quality of phone is not an issue.

Does it run on Windows 7?

>Can you run it or run any game on it?
Iunno. I'm currently unable to run a game because I have none.
I cannot use WiiU USB Helper, due to it not having a GNU/Linux version available and I'm definitely not going to install WINE for one piece of software that I'm not going to use on a regular basis. That being said, I don't think that it would help much since it seems like I can't download right now any way (FunKiiU fails to download the TMD, sometimes the first *.app, even with -retry 9).
I guess, I can try to setup mingw and compile it for you guys. Though, I cannot test it since I don't have access to a Windows machine.

Just upload it and I will test, I've games in WUD, WUX and RPX format, so even this would not stop me.

No, there's no port of Storm 1/Generations/2. There's 3/Revolution/4 on PC. 1&2 will be coming this Fall though.

>Vulkan should be the next logical step
A lot of people would be fucked up because no drivers though.

No, there isn't. The PC Version of both Storm 1 & 2 will come at some point of the year though.

Point still stands you butthurt fanboy.
DX needs to be taken out behind the shower shed and shot in the head.
What is the use of defending it, it not going anyware developmently anyway.

>DX needs to be taken out behind the shower shed and shot in the head.
Not him but I'd rather not, DX performs better than OGL.
I tried Ishiruka's Dolphin yesterday and I was getting 10 FPS more with DX9 and DX11 than with OGL.

>you butthurt fanboy

I don't have a horse in this race. You said something stupid, I pointed it out.

I gotta admit, seeing DirectX (or Direct3D at any rate) being dethroned has put a little spring in my step.

Now I want to see App store nonsense and mandatory binary signing shot in the head.

>DirectX (or Direct3D at any rate) being dethroned

When did that happen?

Don't backpeddle now.
Oh btw you do know Doom was a linch pin back in the 90s right, Bill Gates eager to sell win 95 and DX pulled stunts to get gamers to switch to the windowns port.
You should learn some history before you talk.

ci.appveyor.com/project/exjam/decaf-emu/build/artifacts

*Backpedal
*Linchpin

And what you said has no relevance to what I said.

Ah now you are deflecting. As i said learn some history before you talk. Doom was a very big move and has respect from the old school people like me.
You went all
>DOOM what that?
So don't back peddal now.
And yes i am spelling it wrong to piss you off after you corrected me. Because it's not an argument. Did it trigger you? Deal with it.

...Right now. It's literally a current industry happening. Unless someone somewhere decides to pull some 11th hour bullshit Direct3D is going to be tied to the axle of Vulkan's chariot and dragged through the streets of the internet no less than one full stadia.

Why does my MSX romset come with all these duplicate files?

...Pretty sure that isn't No-Intro.

>Not him but I'd rather not, DX performs better than OGL.
Yup. Boggles my mind how so many people shill OGL so much in the emulation scene..

I think if Decaf implemented Vulkan, it would have a decent chance of surpassing Cemu. At the very least, it would likely push Exzap to further improve Cemu. Competition is a good thing.

I got it from rutracker, it's "MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/Turbo R TOSEC 2006-01-6". Should I get no-intro? It doesn't have any of these duplicate ones?

>I'm just pretending to be retarded

Sure thing, child. Now let's get back to discussing how stupid you are for thinking Doom going OGL/Vulkan is meaningful, which clearly shows your absolute lack of knowledge on the matter.

OpenGL *can* be better than Direct3D, depending on task, driver, and OS. Generally however, it is not. Vulkan looks to be a completely different story.

>Right now. It's literally a current industry happening.

Where's evidence of this?

No-Intro is generally the gold standard when it comes to all things cartridge based. Only use TOSEC/Goodsets if you have a specific reason to.

Oh man i did trigger you so bad. He even had to break out the smug image.

>Lack of knowledge
Explain then oh learned one.
Explain away Dooms impact on PC.
Go on i dare you.
Even today people are still talking about it. Why It sold win 95 and DX for to gamers ffs.
It's not a world changing issue to be sure but the absence of DX in the new Doom was a signal. At least give me that much faggot.
I don't even think you have an argument to back up your claim.

Thanks man, just grabbed it.

I'm getting all sets I didn't have now actually lol anyone knows

>Commodore - 64 (PP).zip
>Commodore - 64 (Tapes).zip
>Commodore - 64.zip

which of these I should get for Commodore 64? Not sure how that system worked so I don't know what the differences are between the sets

Oh God he was being serious.

id Software is a standout in the industry because they (or at least Carmack) was a supporter of open source software since always. And he put his money where his mouth is. The engine that powered Quake and Quake 2 used OpenGL. Doom 3? OpenGL. Rage? OpenGL. They also open source their old engines after some time passes. Doom 2016 going with OpenGL yet again says nothing of the current state of the industry. It was completely expected. If anything, it'd have shocked everyone if id had switched to DirectX.

Tapes and cartridges (last one) are easiest to run. PP consist of disk images in accurate archival format, but you need convert most of them before using in emulator.

How do I make PSX games look good in Retroarch without causing horrific glitching and hanging?

Real answers only please. I'm not interested in memes.

have you tried using a good emulator?

>Carmack
Isn't he an OGL shill?

Does that bother the DX push by Bill gates to have it? Last time i checked there was a DX port.

Plus you have to remember the grasp that DX has/had on PC games. DX was the default renderer in many PC games for a long time. (Yes in some you could switch but DX was default)That's changing for the good.

So despite Carmacks autistic screaching about open source he still sold his ass out to a closed source API. The example of the new Doom was to show in context that DX is losing ground in the PC API "war". And that Vulkan and OGL have some backing from AAA devs. Hence why i said Doom. It does not disprove my orginal post as was your intent. Infact our argument has improved upon it. I thank you for that.

Can you read? I said no memes.

>no memes
>uses RA

No him, but you're the meme for using RA

I made a small test comparing quickly the performance of Pokémon Diamond with NO$GBA, Desmume's latest nightly, MelonDS v0.3 and Medusa's latest nightly on my shitty notebook.
Thought I could just put it here because why not.

Pokémon Diamond - Player's Room
MelonDS: 35-36 FPS
Medusa: 53-57 FPS
Desmume:
NO$GBA: 60FPS

Pokémon Diamond - Twinleaf Town
MelonDS: 32-33FPS and the houses are invisible
Medusa: 35-36FPS with some visual glitches.
Desmume: 40-45FPS
NO$GBA: 60FPS

Cracked CEMU where?

I just want to play PS1 games and make them look good. What do you recommend?

>Does that bother the DX push by Bill gates to have it? Last time i checked there was a DX port.

Of what? The original Doom? As far as I know the engine was never hardware accelerated (aside from sourceports) so I don't know what you're talking about.

>The example of the new Doom was to show in context that DX is losing ground in the PC API "war".

Not really since again id Software has always used OGL.

are the GB/gba cores for Retro on PSP fucked or is it just me having problems?

Oh Retroarch...

>Of what? The original Doom? As far as I know the engine was never hardware accelerated (aside from sourceports) so I don't know what you're talking about.
Bill wanted a DX port to sell win 95 to PC gamers. Carmack sold out like a bitch and "most"
gamers went to win 95 and DX ruled from there.
DX became the "go to" API for games and sort of like my feelings towards intel, MS got complacent and never improved DX much. Hence why it is stagnating today.
Personaly i wanted linux to be the "gaming" platform. But most of the devs who had the skills just made beat up Bill gates flash games.
>Not really since again id Software has always used OGL.
You are right, but i care more about Vulkan. OGL was just existing next to DX not overtaking it. Vulkan is the one to kill off DX

> devs who had the skills just made beat up Bill gates flash games

you freetards are so delusional it leaks into your ability to reason even given the most glaring and obvious of bullshit falling out of your own mouths.

Alternate dumps. You might find some files don't work in certain emulators, so keep all of them just in case you need to try a few to find one that works.
I don't think no-intro do disk based roms. It'd be a TOSEC set. They're the best sets to use for MSX/C64 etc.
Get the disk set, the tape set and the cart set. Some games were only released on certain formats.
Use mednafen software core, not the hardwre core.

>A lot of people would be fucked up because no drivers though.
You need modern hardware to run it anyway. Plus it'll take a year+, so more time for people to upgrade.

Do you have the JIT enabled in DeSmuME?

thanks!

Cause they're incompetent. Even Decaf uses a thread per emulated core (ie. 3).

Yeah, I had it on 50.

Any way to disable rumble in Mednafen? I've got a 360 controller set up to be a DualShock for PS1 emulation, and rumble is turned on for that by default.

>Cause they're incompetent.
Top kek. They are far from incompetent. They are ahead of the game!

I've got a Philips CD-i game called "FPW.cdi", and I don't know what it is... does it ring any bell? Don't have an emulator setup yet to try it

>NO$GBA: 60FPS
That's wassup. Gotta respek that dev for doing a proper job. Why isn't NO$GBA more popular?

Oh enduser...

There is a RetroArch.7z file that has everything in the same place were you downlaoded the nightly

search for its hash

that sounds more complicated than setting up an emu lol plus I really gotta do it to try the fucking "Nintendo" games and the other curiosities I downloaded, thanks tho

>install hashcheck
>right click file > properties > checksums
>copy MD5 into google

They used to, back when CEMU was still showing trees with green rectangles and struggling with anything not 2D

Still, it was too late when they dropped it, and no amount of aggressive PR and GNU promotion could make it more attractive than CEMU at that point

But sure, the reason Decaf lags behind and sucks MUST BE Cemu's negative vibes demoralising the poor devs, not their own stupid choices

It's actually quite inaccurate, and the sound is crackly as fuck. The dev doesn't actually have a PC fast enough to run his own emulator at full speed so he can't fix it.

His hardware docs are godly, though.

>install hashcheck
no need tho
onlinemd5.com/

Try with Drastic emulated with Bluestacks or MEmu. It's in fact even faster than desmume.

I can't get jap PS1 games to work on Retroarch. I have all the BIOS in the right directory, checked the Core Information and it says all three are present.

More convenient to have hashing integrated into windows for future use, but w/e.

what happens?

make sure you use the appropriate driver

nevermind, the cue files were messed up in literally every JP game I had.

where did you get the games so I make sure to never go there myself