2001 Ford Mustang

>accelerate
>feel as if the entire rear axle jerks forward
>hit the brakes
>entire axle again feels like it's jerking forward

>When at half throttle and shift into third car will sometimes lurch forward

>had a friend view the realtime data of the ECU while this was happening
All the data was normal

Can you br/o/s please help a college fag out? I've been up and Down the mustang forums and no one has any clue what's going on

Pic related it's me when this has been happening for 4 months straight

OP Here actually I meant to say the entire axle jerks backward when accelerating and forward when braking

Something is loose or broken. Fix it. Problem solved.

But what user?

It's broken.

What is broken user?

I've had this feel before.
Check your u-joints on the drive shaft and check if the rubber bushings in your rear shocks are in good condition.

check your CV joints, all of them

get under there and look jackass, that's your job not ours

Bad springs/shocks?

Flux capacitor maybe?

Somethibg mechanical is fucked. When i fot my 2000 gt the rear diff had a shit ton of play in it and would make the thing impossible to drive smoothly. I fixed that and now the issue remains and it feels closer to the transmission so I wouldn’t be suprised that something is bent. Either way it costs way to much to fix and the car is really just a shit box anyway

Fuck you fagshitter fucking tell me what's wrong.

>user my car is breaking whats wrong just tell okay
yeah sure let me tell you with this epic limited information and not being there

Driveshaft u joint
Engine mounts
Diff mount

Gotta be one of these three.

i think i know what's wrong and how to fix it. what you have to do is get under your car, either put it on jack stands or on a lift if you can manage access to one. then next all you have to do is fucking look at the state of everything until you find the problem you mong.

>inb4 i don't have time to inspect everything i just want to find the problem
shouldn't have bought american then

my ranger lurched whenever i let off the throttle. driveshaft u joints were fukt

What would be bent exactly? I just need to know

No idea i just know its most likely something in the trans like maybe a bent tooth or some shit

Awesome.
Well anons I guess I'll start with the trans/motor mounts
Then move to the CV joints
Then the differential mount
Then check every suspension component there is and tighten anything that's not

Your driveshaft uses u joints, not CVs. I bet it's a fucked u joint. Happens, don't worry about it. If v8 upgrade to aluminum driveshaft, if v6 get cheapest oem replacement shaft or fix the joint if possible.

Might be your differential.

I've checked the U joint and it doesn't have any play when I jerk it up and down or left and right

On solid rear axle vehicles like that, they have upper and lower control arms to keep the axle in place. If those are fucked up or damaged the axle will have play and cause wheel hop or if bad enough the entire axle will move.

If OP is who I think he is, he has no clue how to describe vehicle symptoms. He described the trans switching between third and fourth as "slipping".