/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Jun 5] Luma 8.0 brings lots of features like screenshots, input redirection, a debugger and more. Updating to b9s is required. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.0

>Switch
[Jun 20] System update 3.0 has been released. PegaSwitch hasn't been patched, but other vulnerabilities have. twitter.com/daeken/status/876965449837293570 twitter.com/SciresM/status/877069524977106944

>Vita
[Jun 15] An unstable beta version of Enso has been leaked. wololo.net/2017/06/15/ps-vita-hack-henkaku-enso-beta-allegedly-leaked-recommend-not-install/
-An official release is planned for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/
[Jun 6] HENkaku release 10 received an update. henkaku.xyz/changes
[Jun 6] Adrenaline 5 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases

Other urls found in this thread:

astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/usagirei/3DS-Theme-Editor/releases
wololo.net/installing-pro-cfw-on-a-psp-3000-psp-brite/
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/blob/master/btimsg.md
github.com/DanTheMan827/uTikDownloadHelper/releases
reddit.com/r/CemuPiracy/comments/61i1m6/how_to_get_wii_u_games_for_cemu/
github.com/SciresM/SMPatcher/releases/download/1.2/SMPatcher.IPS.files.1.2.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Terrible. Anyways, shouldn't we add the SciresM and 7.1 Luma builds to the OP until Luma 8 quits being a piece of shit?

purge weeb trash

They're already linked in the pastebin and the guide people are told to use

it's already in the pastebin

so I've been using SNES9x to great success

but I was wondering if you could export SNES roms as cias, and have them launch from the home menu. I know you can do it with GBA games i think, and obviously 3DS games
I don't know if that's a stupid question or not

A) It's already in the pastebin
B) Nightlies also work now, which are also linked

As far as I know, no. Besides, there's a 300 title limit anyway, so if you have a lot of SNES roms you wouldn't want it.

Just because they're in the pastebin doesn't mean it wouldn't be useful information to have up front. How about something like this:

-Legacy or b9s-next builds are recommended until the next stable Luma release. astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/

Is Yata+ still the best custom 3ds theme creator?
It's been a long time since I touched any 3ds theme maker software.

Alternatively they should stop being dumb redditors.

No, that would be Usagi
github.com/usagirei/3DS-Theme-Editor/releases

The OP is supposed to help with that.

>bawwww spoonfeed me
fuck off

Thanks friend

Luma 8.1 is definitely coming out by the end of the week, so it's a bit too late at this point.

Usagi is.

Just because it's not in the latest news it doesn't mean they shouldn't go read the guide and pastebin.

It won't help them if they don't read it.

Is updating Luma still a bad idea?

Still wondering, do I need updated luma to system update successfully, or is it a matter of after it's hacked it's all good?

Only if you're a redditor who doesn't read the OP.

See literally any of the other posts in the thread.
As long as you're on a9lh you're fine.

me on the right

The link for the most recent Pro CFW on wololo is dead, is there a backup?

Ever Oasis on freeshop WHEN

Never ever
It's in the game's name, for fuck's sake

oh look, it's the pokemon autist!

Fuck the freeshop. I'm waiting for the god damn title key.

But we're not in /vp/

That's not how it works

Why does it bother you that much?

Because he's autistic.

If i've got a 2ds that no longer has any type of cfw left on it, but is still on 9.2, so the guide should still work just fine, right? I know it most likely will, just nervous since I fucked myself out of accessing my emunand, so I want to make sure that this'll go smoothly so I can get back to playing my games on an up to date cfw.

Yes

If I'm already in A9LH+Luma in 11.3 N3DS, can I install B9S on it to go to 11.4? Or can I go to 11.4 with a Luma version lower than 8.0?

Will I lose whatever I have currently installed if I install B9S? Thanks.

Yes, needs Luma-Legacy or Luma 8.0.
Yes, needs Luma 7.0.5.
No.

>nintendo bans my 3ds
>order a new 3ds xl from amazon
>choose same day day delivery
>arrives at my doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds the money
>use that money to buy a vita and 64 gb card
>choose no rush shipping
>arrives at doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds my money
get on my level niggas. and fuck nintendo and sony

>"Thank you for calling Nintendo this is Mike can I start with your email address?"
>Yadadada
>Tell them I have an issue with connecting my 3DS to Nintendo's online services
>"No problem, I'll be happy to help you with that. Is there a parent or guardian around who happens to have the serial number of the Nintendo 3DS console?"
>Uhhhhhhh I'm 24
>"Oh! Haha perfect, in that case please read back to me the serial number of the system. It should be located in the back of the console"
>Give it to him and tell him the error code
>"Unfortunately this error code means that Nintendo has found unauthorized software modifications on your child's console and has banned you because of that. It will not be lifted"
>It's not my child's console though. And I have no unauthorized software on the system, I don't even know what that means.
>"I apologize for the misunderstanding sir. Unfortunately your wife's son must have downloaded something he shouldn't have. If you have any more questions please feel free to consult the Nintendo website."
>What the fuck, it's my console dude. I don't have kids. I swear I didn't do anything to my 3DS.
>"You're 24 years old and still play Nintendo consoles dude?" *audible laughter from a bunch of people in the background

nice memes MATE

So I updated, and it's not bricked because I can get into the Luma Config menu. Do I just need to get the latest al9h luma files and put them on the SD card?

Is your luma updated?
also versions over 8.0 needs B9S

You realize that Amazon investigates shit like this all the time?

Nah it's an old version. I'll grab the Luma files for 7.0.5 and see if it works.

Where the fuck is 8.1 luma I'm not taking out my fucking sd card to install a shitty nightly

Why the hell are you so thirsty for 8.1?

Don't take it out then and install it remotely.

Yeah that woked, easy as

What kind of incompetent retard makes a shitty build and then disables the ability to install nightly through luma updater

Yeah, once i fucking got mad after thinking i had bricked my 3ds, but in the end it just was that i had shitty old version of luma

Tell that to the idiots who installed the nightly using the updater and bricked and then blamed the author of Luma Updater for it.
Just do the shit manually, honestly. You can't so lazy that it's too much effort to copy a single file over via FTP client.

RPG Maker Fes cia out?
Checked 3ds iso but that download link won't work for me at all.

yeah, as often as that pasta is posted, genius

It's coming out by the end of the week.

>install nightly
>it bricks your 3ds
Uhhh what am I installing a nightly then, homebrewtards

Nightlies can't brick your 3ds, though they can not work, in which case just revert

Ever Oasis USA CIA when?
on Freeshop when?

any Saturn owners here who have installed pseudosaturn? thinking about doing it but I'm worried what burned discs will do to the laser

Refer to
Alternatively, when Luma 8.1 comes out. In which case, also refer to

How hard is it on the laser really, and how hard is replacing the drive?

What's a good site for Wii U ISOs?

nvm, found another link

eshop

I meant for CEMU

Is it possible to have the same friend card and list on two different 3DS systems?

eshop and cdecrypt

Its been a while since I posted here, how do I Know Im banned? Just checked my friends lists and while It said the service was unavailable the screen didnt mentioned any error codes

How easy do you guys think the upcoming ataribox will be to hack?
Obviously we know NOTHING, but judging by trends in the industry and atari's history

I use the manual swap method.
All saturns will die eventually, if you're worried use an emulator

My PSP just came in the mail and it's on 6.61. This guide wololo.net/installing-pro-cfw-on-a-psp-3000-psp-brite/ says to use 6.60, but it looks like there IS cfw for 6.61. Is it the same shit more or less or am I gimped by having 6.60?

Shouldnt it be on CIAngel by now?

How do I update CIAngel's JSON files?

just downgrade if you want 6.60 bad enough

I want to hack my 3DS so I can cheat like a little bitch in Pokemon Platinum. What do I need to do? I'm going to read the OP, but whilst I'm doing that someone spoon feed me or call me a faggot.

Read the OP, faggot.

>what do i need to do
>im going to read this thing already written out that tells me what i need to do
>what do i need to do though
I'm not going to call you a faggot. I am going to call you mentally challenged though.

>do the guide
>install twlsavetool
>dump save
>open in pkhex
>do editing
>inject save

makes backups of your saves in case you fuck up

How the fuck do you get Wii U ISOs from eShop? I tried to get Wii U games from Chaosgamez, but they came with like 20 .h3 and .app files. Anyone know how to solve this shit?

github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/blob/master/btimsg.md
github.com/DanTheMan827/uTikDownloadHelper/releases

Do these methods work for CEMU, user?

idk you probably have to convert the files, I never used CEMU

reddit.com/r/CemuPiracy/comments/61i1m6/how_to_get_wii_u_games_for_cemu/

That's cool. Thanks for trying though my man

But if it's offline, why would it matter?

Can you even access DS games with any of the pokemon apps?

Is there any local seed that works?

im having trouble trying to play ever oasis, do i have to update luma?

So couple friends of mine want me to hack 3ds's for them but want me to do it on their japanese ones. Is this possible? And if so is there anything different I need to do.

Yeah just google translate the instructions into Japanese beforehand

So i'm currently hacking with b9s and i'm on the step where you access the homebrew launcher though DS Download play, it works, but whenever I select FBI while in the launcher it freezes and gives me an error message. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I didn't even see this at first. Thank you too user

Read the fucking OP you spoonfeeding troglodyte.

Ever Oasis US version when?

when you buy it

I don't come into these threads to buy games user.
>The update titlekey is listed, but not the game
Someone drop that shit already fuck.

I had the same issue. I believe it's related to the otherapp payload or some shit.

i spent all my money on the steam sale

Will my nds flashcard be able to read sdxc cards if i reformat them?

>spends all of his money on digital games
>won't buy an actual legitimate physical copy of something every once in awhile

Can someone upload a 1.2 SM code.bin? My computer is dead and I can't find nothing on my phone online.

github.com/SciresM/SMPatcher/releases/download/1.2/SMPatcher.IPS.files.1.2.zip