/ARMS/ arms general

>NEWS
- Max Brass will be the first DLC fighter and will be available some time in july!
- a spectator mode will be added this month!

Lists of /ARMS/ friend codes :docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vORCZhZnw3y8KFWHBZxjc27nc9HDvQGPAtuQ0bqC4d8/edit?usp=sharing
Survey: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLllf7MIurfVBnVEtZ0E1ZIEyRmvxXDxxzRrW12AGpT4dBHQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

>official twitter (contains tips and tricks about the game and some news): twitter.com/ARMS_CobutterARMS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s4_3-507NQc
youtube.com/watch?v=wHOJ2KqfDds
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for being an honest fighter who doesn't need to abuse gimmicks to win.

Repostan for new thread

Anybody want to do some first to 20 coin sets
1v1 default arms and Springman stage only add TMoGenius on the list

Reposted from last thread:

hey how do you guys handle kid cobra double slaps? Seems like I can't touch or even counter them in time since they have huge ass hitboxes. and even then kid cobra has his quick dodges and jumps. Any tips? (Using B&b double bubbs btw)

add me. my name is Pode in the arms doc. i'll try to host lobbies. if i get some invites ill set one up asap

Ayooo, my reaction pic
I can draw some more when I wake up tomorrow, feel like drawing helix and biff ones since they're fun to draw, request away
Also add me, I'm Zizou in the doc

Postan my feels Mummy

Lobby open I'll accept more requests after each set

>Play Spring Man with double Bubbs for honest combat
>Try out Ranked to see how well it can work
>2-0 a Ribbon Girl on level 9
Honesty is a powerful thing indeed.

Woops, that was in freshpaint, I don't like those borders. here's the other one for a smoother look

What would be the set for the most honest combat you could possibly get? Duplicates aside, I mean. Three sets of Toasters is all fun and good and honest, but a man's gotta have variety.

I swear to god ninjara and kid cobra players are the most cancerous in this damn game

>Double bubb
>Honest

Those aren't Toasters user

Toasters have knockdown. Bubbs are just straight punching, no other gimmicks.

its still the best arms

They're also far bigger than the toaster and home in, making it a lot easier to land hits as well as knocking out other attacks.

Its far from honest, most good players 10+ run a set of buff or bubb

shit, I didnt know that

Buffs have homing, though its not as good you'd think. Bubbs allow for way more control and they're still mediums when they charge. imo Bubbs are the way to go if you wanna be as honest as possible, and if want extra bragging rights you can run double megatons/watts.

>and home in
What? No they don't. Only Seekies and Homies home in.
>making it a lot easier to land hits as well as knocking out other attacks.
Not from my experience. The weight class doesn't change, so it still parries the same stuff and gets deflected by other stuff.

So, what can we expect after Max Brass' DLC?

Add in ribbon girls

I thought helix and his jiggling was cancerous?

Jigglin isnt too bad

>Yabuki interview, future balance patches will focus around buffs rather than nerfs

so in 3 months this game will powercreep out of reach and every match will be decided by first 3 punches. Nice one

Last set for me boys
If you could do Springman curving his arms and pinching Twintelle on her ass that would be perfect

Better than Nerfs which bring flavor of the month shitters out in force

>Nerfs which bring flavor of the month shitters out in force

t. someone who nevered play any other game that focus on buffing

Slaps, like most curved arms, are mid-range weapons. You can try to stay out and use things like dragons to deal damage and keep them away or go with direct mid-close range gloves (toaster, sparkie) and get in their face.

Nerf balancing brings out a king of the hill mentality whereas buff weaker ARMS to be viable spreads out combos which are good.

Nice fightin' with ya. I was the Mummy. Sorry you ended up the punchbag though. If you work on the footwork and ground game high level toasty Springmen are scary.

I always use double megawatts for 2v2 or vs hedlok

They're pretty amazing

It will just create new king of the hill, then devs realize they buffed the other arms too little so they keep buffing them then the game powercreeps out of reach

Max will be playable in Grand Prix as well, right? I wonder who his final opponent will be.

it's just pr talk, every developer says this when asked about balance nowdays

since you reposted I'll link that one as well

Well, I guess all you can do is try to have faith in the devs, or become so good it doesn't matter what arms are in style.

In comparison to nerfs which make certain ARMS worse than shit leading to 1 to 2 min max combos.

Yeah heavy arms are fun as shit in party modes, but in ranked or 1v1s its pretty much up to your skill.

they will always be 1 to 2 min max combos no matter buffs or nerfs

do you even play video games

I thought we were just reducing to absurdity since you were being melodramatic.

Thing is though, the slaps can go forward too, with slight left or right deviations. So in other words the best way would be to get gud at instant counters and or use heavies. Shit's still hard though since its mostly jump+dash happy Cobras.

Maybe his final opponent will be the NEXT dlc character?
I doubt it, though.

It's up to skill, but glove choice absolutely matters.

My default loadout of megawatt/dragon absolutely crushes people trying to be straightforward. The dragon keeps pressure on if they try to stay away and the megawatt beats out close range and straight mid-range gloves. It's vulnerable to curved arms at mid-range but changing either arm to the sparkie/toaster takes care of that weakness

Playing "honest" by only using straight mid-range gloves is all well and good but they're vulnerable to heavy arms so you should have medium-range curved arms as a backup.

>playing party mode for that sweet dosh to play the arms game with a long timer
>start 1v1 with 50% health
>begin beating the guy so badly that he just stops moving and lets me kill him

Taking back the title from randomised winners.

What weapons best compliments wind? I'm looking to combo off of the cyclone effect.

Still trying to get a Megaton/watt on my B&b for this very set up. Though I will say that double Bubbs are still pretty fun, I just change how I move and pressure depending on the opposition. I spent at least 800 coins by now and still no Mega-anything.

Fire poppers since they're fast and wide. Or anything fast with fire. You can try with explosives like seekies and tribolts for extra hits too. Though you might have to play kinda closer than usual since wind arms do have a lot of knockback.

>spring man will be max brass' final opponent in grand prix
mark my word boys

So, is everyone with the ARMS gene in the fighting league, or just some of them? If the gene is widespread it only raises more questions.

You would think more than 11-ish people would have it.

Biff says in one of his pre-fight comments that it affects 1 in 100,000 people.

Can happen to animals too. Imagine if they announce a new fighter that's an orangutan or even something cliche like a kangaroo.

So once Max comes out, what will be the point in using Springman outside of character loyalty?

Motion or button controls?

Smaller hitbox?

Depends on playstyle. Button if your arms revolve around fast punches.

>Do a 1v1 at 75% health
>Against a Min Min with terrible latency, so they're going at sanic speeds
>Realize there's no way I'm gonna even land a hit in this Sonic Unleashed hell
>Stop moving to let her kill me
>She stops attacking and draws close
>On a whim decide to grab her to knock her out of 100%
>She spams punches to finish me off in rage

When does it speed up the opponent? All I've seen is stupid lag invincibility. Punches go right through the opponent and grabs break without further interaction.

Or maybe even a cobra

Actually never mind, I'm talking out of my ass. Wind arms just blow people really far away and you have a very small window to combo, even then its like an additional 20 damage. So I guess you can get the most out of them by either using them for zoning or for cheeky air juggles. The latter is not worth it imo. Unless someone discovers something new about them that's all I got.

Makes me wonder if they have ARMS accessible areas, given how much of a handicap it is without the mask.

I really hope they come out with more lore, if they give enough of a shit to justify some of the bigger questions they should answer the minutia too.

>when you learn how to time Spring Man's counter
>just perefected a grabspamming Spring Man with double Toasters

Is this what honesty feels like?

>grabspamming
>honest
A true honest fighter knows to merely pepper his fighting style with grabs when they are necessary, rather than infuriating the opponent for the sake of spite and humor.

>A true honest fighter knows to merely pepper his fighting style with grabs when they are necessary, rather than infuriating the opponent for the sake of spite and humor

I like this guy

I mean my opponent was a grabspamming Spring Man you dingdongs

"honest" fags are so annoying.

Don't take it to heart, it's just bantz

Apologies my dude, nice work on the battlefield.

And a Springaling to you too, my man.

t. cobra kiddo

You know, I think you're the most honest of us around here, user. It takes a REAL AMERICAN to say his true thoughts. Inspiring!

It's really weird comparing 2D Springman with 3D Springman. Not only because he suffers from the Mario Bros issues, where he looks way better on 2D than 3D. It's because in 2D he looks really happy and energetic, but in the actual game he becomes like a kind of Smash Mario.

I think the only good arms to pair with shield are the dragons and blorb. But really I think blorb is more reliable since it has a very high vertical arc if you pull back so it can go over the sheild, plus its heavy. Dragons I'm still on the fence about since they leave you open more often, but they also cover more area than the blorb.

What neat combos have you guys found or enjoyed?

>inb4 double slaps

Electric heavy ball on left arm and explodey tribolt on right with min min. Or vice versa. Tribolt gives a good reliable area cover and then with charged dragon arm with electric for easy damage.

Am I the only one who gets annoyed at the fact that entering rush mode deflects punches? Anyone got some tips to deal with it?

Don't make yourself exposed if your opponent is closing in on you with a full rush meter.

I have no way of dealing with it. I dont punch at all, just side dash to avoid anticipated rush. But my opponent will jump then rush at the starting frames of my dash and I will have no way out.

How can I play an honest Ninjara?

I probably should've tried this earlier. I really hate having to stop my assault over that though.

If your opponent is good enough to know when to catch you with a rush your only option is to turtle up and not give him the opportunity

One punch at a time to try and bait while still having a dash available. And if you have a heavy arm enjoy the free damage, if you're confidant can try to sneak in a punch after a dash to stop the rush.

And in the event you both rush at the same time you either clash until its over, delay your rush attacks by side dashing, or just win the exchange with heavier arms.

>A ninja, the definition of unhonorable scum
>Honest

fairly certain the mask is given to everyone, but not everyone chooses to fight. Some of famous arms people are just scientists and politicians, if the busts in the Lab stage are any indication.

Thanks, I'll try this out.

Shittiest bants I've ever seen.

Nah
t. Master Mummy

>Decide to hop in ranked for the first time
>First match against rank 6
>Ninjara with double megatons
>Perfect him both rounds
>Go up half a bar
>Not even rank 2 for beating somewhat 5 ranks above me

So is ranked just an experience grind and not actually ranked?

Be careful though, if they throw a grab and you try to counter they can cancel into their rush to counter-counter you. Then again you can counter AND dash at the same time. The mind games, dude.

for ranking up, yeah, but they do seem to match you with similarly skilled players once you start getting wins under your belt.

Nobody shit enough to stay sub rank 5.

To the user that said electric should still allow players to move around instead of being a better frost, that may be hard for nintendo to pull off since whenever an arm drops in general it becomes near impossible to move

looking for Veeky Forums friends again. name is Pode on the doc. i'll check back in 15, accept the invs, and make a lobby for us

youtube.com/watch?v=s4_3-507NQc

arms tourney happening now!

>motion only
drrrrrooppppped

>Controllerpeasants

>not using motion

>being autistic enough to master it
I dont want to be at that level, bros.

I played motion control from day one

youtube.com/watch?v=wHOJ2KqfDds

Did this version of the main theme ever make it into the game? I kinda like it better than Grandprix.

is there a room up right now? if not, I'll host one