/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Was a shit character and a shit boss that got beat by a fucking furry of all things
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/214457
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/214458
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Disrespecting the main character of Dark Souls 3

lad

DS2 newbie guide for all the steam salers

>tfw just finished ds2 after 200 hours
thanks faggot.
TOO FUGGING LATE

additional reading also

What mbti are you and what kind of build do you run?
Dex
str
int
fait
luck
?
I am INTP and run INT+FAI and a little STR+DEX because I can never make up my mind so I'd rather be a jack of all trades

Vanilla runs at 60fps too.

So... this is the power of...
lonely brain damaged animal fuckers

Advice for what to level for a sorcery/hex build?
VGR 5
END 10
VIT 10
ATN 13
STR 7
DEX 15
ADP 8
INT 20
FTH 13

I'm using Great Soul Arrow and Dark Orb, I don't really know what I'm doing.

Who here thinks Ringed City is Londor but From kinda retconned the name / chose to not use it because autism?

>main character
>fight was barely memorable

Yes.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/214457

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/214458

Which fashion for my basic dex build?

So how long is he going to put off playing Ringed City, lads?

forever

until the remastered version is released and gael is revealed to be velka

He'll play it after he does another playthough of DaS2.

Dark Souls 3 made me love feet.

No it's better.
It gives you the feeling that Londor was just the proxy of the Snakes or the Pygmys itself becuase they had no other connection to the outside world.
TL,Dr Londor are tryhards who imitated Pygmys

>not backing up your saves and unplugging your internet before messing with CE
no, you are the retard

>Dark Souls 3 made me love feet.
>Dark Souls 3

I've been playing on and off since release but never leveled over 80, what are invasions like at 100-120?

>>"downgraded" phantom in full Havels
haha suck my fat fucking cock

Get HP
Get ADP (82/96/99 Agility breakpoints)
Level DEX or STR whenever you see a weapon you think you might like (you only need to meet 50% of a weapons STR need if you 2 hand it)

Pyro scales off of INT + Faith so any magic build will end up with a high fire bonus, keep an eye out for pyromancies
Faith scales off of Faith, adds lighting bonus which directly effects how much damage lightning infusion and lightning weapon buffs (both spells and resins) do
Magic scales off of INT, directly effects how much damage sorceries, magic infusions and magic weapon buffs (again both spells and sorceries) do.
INT also gives access to Enhanced infusion, which deals physical damage but scales off of INT meaning you wont have to invest into a physical damage stat to deal with elemental resistant enemies
Dark scales off of INT or Faith whichever is LOWEST, it's meant to be the pure caster endgame option stat, since it by default grants you access to pyromancies, most sorceries and most miracles.

Pyro is generally useful and since it has 0 carry weight a good thing to have on hand
INT is very hit or miss, most things are either fairly weak to it or fairly strong to it, you do get a very healthy pool of spells to choose from
Faith is split in support and offensive types, offensive miracles have far fewer casts than sorceries/dark but deal good damage with very few enemies in the game being resistant to it, making it the support stat for melee builds, you buff yourself and your weapons and throw out the occasional ranged attack when the situation calls for it
Dark is generally above average against most things but doesn't really excel at anything, it also gives you access to amazingly high damage weapons (dark infused crypt sword, veldstads hammer)

DS2 is a game about exploring use this info to just make an informed decision on your own, don't sweat the details because you can just respec with Soul Vessels (hell you get one right in majula)

So he's just going to let his final impression of Souls be the frankly unimpressive Ashes of Ariandel DLC?

Fuck me, TRC actually had some good lore and bossfights actually worth a damn.

Y'know surprised he didn't play that much ds2 given how he supposedly liked it over ds1

see: You should focus on filling out your weak spots, starting with vigor, and adaptability.

Vigor is probably most important since you are going to die a lot to 1 hit attacks. Keep leveling that up until you aren't healing to full with estus.

Adaptability is very important in making you protected from dmage while rolling and use items (including estus) faster. You should keep going until agility is at least 92, which is probably ~15 ADP? Maybe less depending on your attunement.

Lower priority:
Strength is necessary because eventually you will want to equip something other than a light weapon. Level this once you find something that looks good to use, but 10-12 strength is fine.

Vit should be leveled up until you can equip your best medium armor and a weapon and stay around 50% equip load or less.

Faith should reach 20, so that you can get the sunset staff from Felkin.

Attunement, endurance and intelligence are all good for now. Level the rest first before you keep leveling those, starting with attunement.

what to use with faith? sunlight sword?

can you stop posting stupid e-celeb shit please?

cancer

120 is where people congregate for min-maxed meta builds focusing entirely on single pvp strategies without being practical for any amount of co-op or pve

That tumblr nose kinda ruins it.

How come nobody uses this anymore?

Thank you! What's good gear though? I bought a hood from Straid but that's about it.

>des, ds1, ds3 protagonists have half of a moveset in the left hand
>ds2 protag has full movesets in either hand
>two handing doubles his str stat, where other protags add 50 percent of their str when two handing.

I figured it out lads. We don't have full movesets in the left hand because Bearer of the curse was ambidextrous.

Wear whatever you like best. Elite Knight is my go-to in every game. Each time you kill a forlorn straid adds new armor to his shop fyi.

I've found the Northwarder Set in Eleum Loyce to be really well-rounded for being such a lightweight set

For weapons, try out everything that leningrast and macduff sells. Those are the basic weapons of each class, so when you find something you like that feels good to swing, start leveling up to use it.

Fashion Souls it up until you run into gear that has special effects that you like, even the it's usually fairly minor so fashion takes priority.
Spends souls at the armor merchant in Majula, it unlocks extra items for sale (elite knight and Alva being middle weight armor that look really great and have good stats) and will also start selling boss sets.

>Invade lower Irithyll
>Host + Phantom
>Drag fight into Pontiff Knights
>Kill Phantom
>Host dies to Pontiff Knight with no intervention on my part

/dsg/ was right, these guys are really build to curbstomp shitters

Look, I just want some closure on this circus. All he needs to do is a stream of Ringed City, not even YT videos if he doesn't want to. It's the last piece of Dark Souls content ever but it's the Crown jewel of it. Noone needs to get harmed here.

kill a what now

Get over it dude. He wants monies from streaming other games, just let him be a E-celeb trasb elsewhere.

all you need to do is leave this circus, who cares about some cuck

Forlorns are NPC invaders that are added into Softs..

Forlorn is a fun friend in Scholar that will randomly invade you at any time, anywhere. Don't underestimate this guy, especially the ones with the scythe.
As you continue killing them in random locations, Straid will start to sell their armor, and later their weapons.

>there are people who actually have trouble with Crystal Sage

I just... I don't understand.

The average player is a shitter

>he wants monies from streaming other games
I accepted his rejection of Souls until he started streaming DS1 again. I'm taking it as a personal insult that he abandoned DS3 while continuing to play Dark Souls 1.

I guess none of the wishes of the people who supported him when he was doing DS3 mean anything to him.

I don't understand why you give a shit. Dude is a faggot, get over it. At the end of the day he's his own person and it's entirely within his right to be a faggot.

There has never been a playthrough where I didn't just run up to the crystal sage and spam attacks until he teleported over and over until he died. Dodging is practically optional. I'm not even sure that attack that makes crystals pop up DOES anything.

So what's the princess dress of dark souls?

some people just have sad lives and wish to involve themselves in others who, even when those are equally as stupid.
Best to just ignore shit relating to that faggot.

INTJ, full strength or quality with no spells or one low investment spell

Dude stop being a streamer fan, Christ. Honestly find someone else to waste money on, hell Lobosjr is better then him in every fucking way. And he has a job too, hell even he makes time and effort to help with charity.

Fair enough then. I just find the autistic refusal to not do TRC when you're the figure best known for doing Dark Souls lore videos and your full time occupation is talking over video games. I will give it a rest and not discuss him again in this particular thread

>Dude stop being a streamer fan
>proceeds to be a streamer fan

pot, meet nigger

ISFJ
pure strength

Which miracles should I focus on having for a high faith character? Are the lightning spears worth it at all? What about the lightning arrow?

>I just find the autistic refusal

How about your autistic refusal of letting it go, you sub-human?

Touché rei

Lightning Arrow, Med Heal, and a weapon buff if your weapon can be buffed. Other options are Lightning Stake, Sunlight Spear and Replenishment.

Arrow worth it, Projected heal, sunlight spear, great lighting spear, stake for shitters, moonlight buff and lighting blade as well.

???
I just said I will let go for this thread.

My bad dude.

Sunlight Spear is essentially your most powerful ranged option. Lightning Arrow is your most annoying ranged option.

Great Heal is the most efficient healing spell per FP, Soothing Sunlight if you need to heal others in the middle of a fight.

Lightning Stake for melee range trading (be sure to poise cast it). Lightning Storm for melee range AoE.

WoG for being a dick on ledges.

Let me, re-iterate.

People (humans, your race) are plenty.

Chances are, the majority is terrible at most things.

ie, things you might be better at

You fucking pineapple. I hate you. Its such a simple concept. Yet, it escapes you.

It's okay.

>I just said I will let go for this thread
>for this thread
>singular

You better not be implying semantics here.

Or i'll just sit here and scroll when I see it again.

Stuck on darkeater, I refuse to summon.
What's a good one-handed weapon that has an r1 that reaches vertically?

I pretty much never see people using WotG in 3, is the damage low or is it slow or what? I'm assuming they nerfed it since it was pretty insane in DaS1.
Also why do some low faith characters use force in duels? When is it worth using over an attack or roll? Only thing I can think of is casting it with a big strength weapon for a free hit if the cast is faster than the weapon swing.

What's your build? In general the basic Straight Sword or any fast weapon moveset generally reaches high enough for Midir.

WotG is really slow and the damage isn't worth how slow it is compared to say Sunlight Spear. Force is useful for forcing knockdowns and creating space or giving time to use another attack.

I bet you're that guy who tries to spoil people who ask for spoiler free advice. There's something wrong with you.

Quality melee build, I'm 35 everything except in magic-related stuff

I'd recommend perhaps a halberd than for range and vertical length, Splitleaf or Black Knight Glaive would be ideal for your build.

What's the minimum FTH level I should have? 60? Is this only viable at SL120?

Not at all, 100 builds are ok with this investment. But yes 60fth with either both or great boosting rings are needed for it.

Wolf Knight's Greatsword, enjoy 20% extra damage and no need to buff it.

I wasted the boss soul on the dumb farron greatsword fuck

I felt this way until I played a sorcerer; died a few times to crystal sage and almost died to deacons too
I was investing way too much into int though and had base vig. Actually I'd guess a lot of people probably have extremely low vig early on which makes everything much harder. The game is a million times easier if you just invest in minimum offense stats and pump vig straight to ~27 as quick as possible.
With 10 vig and min stats for a broadsword+1 I was doing basically chip damage and the crystal sage sometimes will not teleport if you don't do enough damage, one soul spear from behind would kill me so I found it was better to attack the copies first if they were close.
I beat her on my first try at release though, she's crazy weak to basically any physical damage.

Are you on PC? If you want I can get the other sword with my sorc and drop it for you cuz she's not gonna need either.

Yeah I'm on PC, thank you, that would help me so much
Where do you want to meet & what password?

I don't break my promises. But I don't tend to make very big promises either.
That said, if you buy a product with a one year warranty, most of the time that shit doesn't break immediately after the warranty expires,no?

Wrong is subjective.

You run the risk of getting spoiled anywhere.

There's nothing wrong (subjective) with somebody not holding someone's hand in spoonfeeding.

Wait the sages are female? It thought they were male twins!!

Gonna make a hexer build in dark souls 2, any tips?

From what I know, hexes scale with int and fth so I should level those equally while also leveling attunement.

Does killing the dogs in the water reserve lower your priority to get invaded for the pre-anor londo area? I'm seeing very few signs and I only got invaded once since I killed them. I was getting invaded nonstop before though.

I believe it's one male, one female

Killing the area boss who resides in anor londo ends the ability to get invaded.

I mean, i'm not really expecting anybody to keep anything here so you can do whatever the hell you want.

Redundancy will eventually get you filtered. Whatever the fuck that may mean to you.

You ARE that guy. I hope you know that you are so thoroughly disturbed that I can recognize you by your vitriol alone.

Put your red sign at the high wall bonfire? I can summon reds with a ded boss right? password dsg

Fire Longsword is a decent starting weapon for a hexer since I think Fire infused weapons also scale with INT+FTH.

I hope so
You post this shit way too offen and people who give a shit about streamer sub humans have serious life problems

I actually never got the red sign soapstone, give me like 3 minutes

no problem, only asked you to do it because i haven't either lol

Just started DS2 SOTFS for the first time. Was suprised at how easy the castle/wood area was, then I got to Heide's tower of flame. How am I meant to get through all these big bastards and the boss? I have 3 estus and am perpetually hollowed, playing a no shield run.

Dropped my sign, pass is dsg