/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC.youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Livestream 6/20: youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig#t=34m

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

i have a good feeling about this roster

I love me some guild rapiers.

Watch out doodle! It's a big Monster Hunter World out there!

How do people feel about the IG and CB?
Compared to the older weapons.

I think they are visually neat and fun to use once in awhile, but the mandatory maintenance buffs make me not want to main them.

I get to auto pilot playing after awhile, and don't like having to worry about it my buff falling off when I zone out in casual play with friends.

Suddenly, I'm fine with the new guild girl now.

I'm gonna discharge my phial in her

I wonder when we'll get our first jap mag silhouettes

IG is a pretty fun weapon if you don't spam mounting, and maintaining buffs is pretty much never an issue. The kinsect upgrade is the fuckest thing I've seen in 4U, though, complete garbage. Also IG on any other style than Guild in Gen is kinda shit.

CB is really fun and was my go-to weapon in 4U even though I barely knew how to GP just because those Ultra AEDs are so fun to pull off. It's impossible to balance, though, either it's smooth as butter like in 4U and broken to all hell or feels gutted like in Gen/XX.

I'd compare IG with LS in that it's supposed to have a rhythm to it.

CB can fuck off, though

Should I play FU or P3rd?
Also which weapons are top tier in each?

screw y'all grandpas, F1 and I are done

I want to insert my t-virus vaccine into her doodle if you catch my drift

I see the data transfer installers in the pastebin but where can I find MHX? Trying to create a JPN save so I can transfer to MHXX Switch when it drops

Eh, i think the Gen CB still feels pretty good. The choppy part of the weapon is still there in both games-- needing to charge up. The fighting style is just different. Being able to counter into your most powerful attack is obviously better but the guard points are still good.

You can find MHX itself on various 3ds piracy sites.
If you want just the save it should be standalone in the pastebin.

>Weapon tiers
weapon autist please go

Oh god is that dog blind

Do you want old or new hit boxes? If you got some balls do FU or F1.

I just booted up vanilla Tri to check the quest clear icon. It actually is Brachydios on it. Did they ever comment on this like how Mizutsune was the original flagship for portable third?

What's that last one?

Kinsect

The guide tells you exactly how you can avoid installing MHX.

Eh. I looked at it and I dont think its brach. If it is its pretty abstract. It feels way too serpentine. Im sure they design a lot of concepts well in advance of games though so it wouldnt surprise me that much if it really was

Kinsect is seperate from IG now?

1>F1
Stop pushing Ichinose's shitty game

They need to fix the charging effects in MHW, too tame, the game needs a bit of anime.

IG is still strong as ever but as a CB main, I cannot deny that I am disappointed on what they did in X/XX. It is still my main weapon and is still fun to use,just think of it as a weaker GS but with KO capabilities and can ignore hitzones.

I hope training school is back in MHW, it's the perfect environment for newfriends to the series

Well if you want to end up spending more time grinding rarer materials.

Getting strong MH4 vibes from that mural

skill points system makes F1 better

Watch bottom right being magic introduced in the series.

CB needs to return to its 4U moveset butchering the gameplay in generations was shit

Looks like hunting horn, and I don't see it anywhere else there.
I'll be mad if they got rid of HH. I don't use it, but I like people who do.

A lot of "5's" in this image, did you notice?
5 lunar phases
5 stars in the bottom right
5 black serpents in the water
5 wyverns (?) in the center

CB was just too good in 4U, I hate to say this but that moveset should go away, forever.

middle left

2nd row left is the HH

Hunting horn is right below the greatsword.

Also makes it unremarkable enough to be completely skippable.

or, the flagship has 5 different variations depending on the moon phase you encounter it on

You know what this means. 5 rathalos recolors confirmed

Waifubeater was right all along!r

it's almost like it's monster hunter 5

holy shit I used that picture as my PSP wallpaper back in 2009

How about remove the SnS to Axe shield charging and SnS thrust to AED but keep the GP and counters? They went too far "balancing" the weapon.

HOLY SHIT
could this mean....??????????
could this be monster hunter...... 5???????????????

Arts and styles already were introduced in X, user.

the styles broke the weapon in my opinion, it was just too much shit to balance and they might've said fuck it all

There's nothing wrong with the moveset. If you're concerned about it being OP, just reduce MVs. But the moveset in Gen is ass. What use are guard points in Gen?

>tfw projared said flexing is stupid
>tfw gaijinghunter is happy flexing is gone

So basically star falls to earth, split into 5 fragments. Collect each fragment by fighting 5 different monsters each relating to 1 fragment at different moon phases?
I also notice the 5 monsters in the center got different decals on their bodies, maybe refering to the map they're located in?

>It's impossible to balance, though
All they had to do is shorten the endlags instead of loading it with gimmicks like shield charging or countering.
Perhaps make the AED keep you in Axe Form, while SAED force you back into Blade form.
t. CBabby since vanilla 4.

I agree with that. CB itself is already complex but styles made it more high maintenance than ever.

Monster Hunter World!

I love magick!

God bless you and your tetsu, user

Too bad the artist is probably the worst piece of shit in the general.

Don't know him, so i don't care

Lucky you.

Someone's talking about the stars huh?

!

Why is this allowed?

I hope we get some cool insect armor in MHW

What is this meant to be?

MonHanW (Double)
MonHanXX (Double Cross)

I'm more annoyed at the fact furshits are more busy drawing maccao vore or futs glavenus than drawing anything of Anjanath
Fucking losers

You craft them seperately from the glaive and then equip one of each, it's so you can just make one and keep it always or switch different ones for your different hunts.

>"I don't want to play mhxx in Japanese cause I'm missing the best part of the game!"

>he doesn't want to see the cute nicknames the guild girls give him

I agree, actually.
For any title outside of X and XX. So no qualms in pirating XX

Its kill or be killed!

Prowler mode?

ah fuck it's a fucking cat

They said prowler mode isn't gonna be in this one

It's Kinsect, they're crafted and equipped seperately from the Glaive part, it's grayed out because he doesn't have a Glaive equipped.

ok you can delet this right now

Hey /mhg/ let's discuss the merits of Universal Base Income this time!

ahhh, sou da

You fool! It's luring you into a false sense of security before it strikes! Kill it quick!

I want it so I can neet it up.

Does anyone have links for Flash Hunter Vol. 8 on? Up to 7 I got it here as Mediafire links, but I haven't seen one posted in a while.

Let's all patiently wait for automation to be the herald of such a system!

Is there a universal base income in Monster Hunter? Because I never seem to spend my zeny on anything other than more hunting items.

god why does ls have to be utter dogshit in 4u, i hate every other weapon except it

Use it anyway. Stick to yellow and the go to red just before it goes down to white.

not only is the buffing gimped as fuck but just avoiding damage in general with it is complete hell, it feels like capcom forgot to update ls to be able to deal with the faster monsters of 4u

Speeding up monsters was a mistake

nom

Are you dumb? The flat buff that red gives is amazing. 4U's LS is honestly one of the best in the series.

In other words, git gud

Do you have any monsters in particular in mind? I think the fade slashes into spirit combos gives it plenty of mobility/maneuverability.

Wojakposters all need to be gassed

You fuckers are getting worse than the obvious Jews