/stsg/ - Starsector General

GAS THE TRIKES SPACE WAR NOW edition

>What?
Starsector is a 2D single-player open-world RPG space combat exploration economic game thing, basically Mount & Blade but in space.
Outdated but still relevant introduction video:
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=596&v=UTCpVY80Bpc

>Where?
Official site:
fractalsoftworks.com
Official forums:
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php#1

>Current version
0.8.1aRC8

>List of popular mods
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0

>The performance is really bad what do I do?
Other than allocating more memory for the game to use, there isn't much you can do.
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726

Other urls found in this thread:

gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=81a6g44fep0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do I have to buy/recover 2836423 Hounds to carry supplies around or where the fuck do I get better freighters?

bump

What kind of freighter are you looking for? Fast or decent capacity? Buffalos and Mules aren't a bad way to go if you're looking to move up in the world. The Colossus is probably the most efficient freighter in the game if you're a minmaxer.

OK, anyone have a quick guide on making webm's for games?

What's the biggest bounty yall have seen? I'm at 800k, do they just keep going up infinity?

webm for bakas

saw up to 1.5 mil for a Cabal fleet once, but i didn't bother with it since those high reward cabal bounties have some truly ridiculous fleet makeups.

pusy

1.5mill cabal

Thanks! Then what's the simplest desktop capture software I can use to convert to webm?

obs or fraps

if you have a nvidia card, you can use geforce experience

What's the mod you guys miss the most?
besides dong

Lotus Conglomerate.

Iconeus Citadel Exiles

Citadel

citadel the most, but shout out to hiigaran descendents/kadurr and mayorate

I don't list tiandong or exi because they'll be updated eventually, but citadel is on indefinite hiatus and the creators of the others have disappeared

I'd try my hand at making some webbums, but my fps isn't even very good just playing normally. Who knows how shit it'd look while recording?

Citadel is probably dead but the same guy is working on an FTL inspired mod.

why is he canning citadel? all those perfectly fine assets gone to waste

The approlight railguns on a Banshee-Norn just felt so fucking right, it's disgusting.

But, honestly, NGO.

testing

>there are people that want to buff gryphon's autoforge
Absolute madmen

Why's the bottom cut off?

just getting obs/webm converter workin

>Someone here was so retarded that they thought that giving this thing infinite autoforges was a good idea and would be fine balance wise.
Granted with the way he talked he had absolutely no idea how good missiles are, but still.

Why haven't they been able to make progress in figuring out how the gates work?

>>Someone here
*on the official forums

>90% of bounties are from hostiles
>I'm somehow getting bounties from pirates despite being at -100/100

nobody knew how they worked in the first place, and few people even really understand how to build ships from scratch. it's a future where everything is being made in autofactories from blueprints

kind of like 40k but less grim

>sell system data on black market
>suspicion level: Extreme
TAXATION IS THEFT

because the domain gate labs are on the wrong side of the gates and the details of how they were made and functioned was probably a pretty well-guarded secred

I really wish in the over world map that you could communicate with other non-enemy fleets. Like, stop running after the single shuttle and come and try to take on the armada, together we can fight it off. Or, being able to ask for assistance in taking out a fleet (i.e. follow me and engage with me), how it is right now seems basically random if a nearby ally fleet will join you or not in battle.

Don't talk to me until you've fought alongside the AI. Go derelict/remnants!
Also, nice not linking previous threads

Should I betray the Hegemony to take Jangala for the church?

>tfw can't charge in my glorious XIV Onslaught anymore because enemy fleets have gotten large enough to rape my armor if I get too close

Nexerelin has something like that.

Since I've updated a few mods, I've noticed I can no longer just edit a faction mod file and set offers commission=false to buy their better gear. What in the fuck changed this and how do I change it back?

Ya, but doesn't that only work for actual faction allies?

Yup. They can't be in the middle of anything either, so if your faction's entire invasion fleet decides to go off and chase a tiny Pirate scouting fleet, tough luck.

If you do a free start with no homeworld in Nex, do other factions still try to sabotage your relations? I tried a start with a home world, and Blackrock went and made three factions hostile to me for god knows what reason.

Wow, the first round of the tournament was pretty nice!

videos where

This fucking announcer
I cant watch this like this

The Hiigs, Mayorate and ESPECIALLY NGO all need to die. Preferably in the cold, crushing vacuum of a black hole
>Why?
Hiigs is a shit tier IP mod. It would need to be reimagined and redesigned from the ground up for SS while at the same time nerfing everything back down to earth
The Mayo's modder re-uses sound assets even though he can make his own quality sounds and his 3D model ships look muddy and fail the squint test
NGO... Wellll let's see here... Space Nazi's? Check! Ripped and recolored assets from another game? Double Check! Zero support and bug squashing? Triple Check!! Made by an actual Neo-Nazi? ULTRA CHECK!!!

>oh you misclicked on the 100th scan of the game and refused permission, well now you're stuck in a dialogue where the only option is to fight a major faction

have they seriously not caught this? lol

Calm the fuck down, Midnight. There's nothing wrong with IP mods.

I beg to differ.

I'd rather have an IP mod than anything by a damn nazi (and yes, he had a Hitler avatar pic and it came complete with a private youtube link that was Hitler Youth shit)

B-but I want a LotGH mod.

Tough titties.

NGO
they weren't just another OP tri-jews clone and their not-star destroyer ships fun as hell.

pic related

LotGH would be cool but i feel the scale and ranges don't match up to the game.

Oh so I'm not the only one who thinks that obnoxious fucker is posting here.

Or is that what someone wants you to think?

gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=81a6g44fep0

Why the fuck would a normie with no mods to their name, who also says he is a furry in his forum tag line, come HERE to Veeky Forums? Nah, he and most likely most non modders on the forums avoid this place like the plague

>tournament

dead as fuck

>implying /trash/ isn't furry central
they're here, user

This ship slaps your tsunderer

what do you field?

Imperial TITAN.

I'd flank that with a Vigilance and put a Reaper Typhoon up her tailpipe, if you know what I mean.

I... Uhhh... I think I shouldn't disturb them

LEWD

they've always been here. sadly, mods won't make the /fur/ incident an annual event.

Appro. Hasn't received an English version in about a year now iirc.

I forgot about that, shit was funny as fuck.

I was really sad when it turned out they weren't doing the same thing with /mlp/

Is that the ISS Squatting Slav?

>Homeworld: Emergence was originally released as "Homeworld: Cataclysm". "Cataclysm" is now a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., and the game has been renamed to avoid confusion.
thanks obama

>Veeky Forums then
>Veeky Forums now

Like I if I needed another reason to hate Blizzard.

that's because some of the mods are bronyfags

>Fighting the derelict to make a derelict fleet.
>pro tactic of out ranging with a sunder is working a charm
>Where the fuck are all these missiles coming from
O-oh

"Swarm Hub" Frigate with 5 Frigate LPC slots when?

tip to modders stop making thin capital ships you goatfucking asshats jesus christ

THICC

What can I fit in my Falcon-class so it isn't shit?

a heavy mount is 32 px wide and i swear to god i won't use a single one more

that's how it is and that's how you'll like it

>heavy

*large. why the fuck do i keep calling them heavy?

swap the akers for hac if FOR SOME REASON you don't have any. hvd if you're a range junkie, but the falcon isn't really the ship for it.

missiles could be swapped for harps or atropos or just about anything.

But it's okay if it's a heavily armored high tech ship with more reactor strength than actual firepower, right?

no kidding

>SRA defeated by derelicts
SRA confirmed for balanced

man those fits must have been dire

Deploys only carriers,
>Sabot spam
>Locust missiles
>No bombers
They didn't even had a chance

>Deploys only carriers,
>No bombers

brilliant

>putting am blasters on a double heavy blaster ship

There is also that Diable fleet full of Kinetic damage weapons because that player though he was facing the Remnants instead of the Derelicts.

this is why you give your infighters ion pulsers not ion beams

you can also see a hint of why you should give your wolves ion beams and not pulsers

why give ion anything
instead of a real weapon that actually does damage or raises flux

Still not as bad as the Neutrino ships!
They still won, but barely when they should have obliterated those Derelicts.

emp owns

actually, use that synergy slot for missiles and just get two ion cannons instead

IIRC they do respectable frag damage

>"There is no such thing as too much firepow... Oh shit I overloaded!"

no, ion beam does 50 energy damage at 25% efficiency. pulser 150 at 75%, which is pretty ok considering how much EMP you get on top.

but what the beam does do is arc like a motherfucker. so if you have even a little hard flux your shit starts shutting down. if you're on high hard flux even your engines can be in trouble.

Derp, meant the torpedoes