Is this the best BMW you can buy?

All memes aside...is this the best bmw you can buy? Base 230 has about 250 hp and weights about 3300 pounds. I only say the 230i and not the 240m or m2 because of the added maintenance costs that will undoubtedly be attached to them because of the added performance bits. I think its a thing that base model audis and bmws are cheaper to maintain that the higher end ones....Mercedes is the opposite because their higher end models are more reliable that the base ones. 35k for a 230i for a sporty coupe that isn't a slouch and can corner....what do you guys think?

>turbo 4 banger

Clown car man. Who cares how light it is, the proportions look dorky as hell. Even the compact 3 series looks lame when a baller ass 5 or 7 series pulls up next to a 3.

No fucking way. I thought my coupe was pigfat.... Is the 2 series really north of 3,000 lbs??

Last time I checked on turbo bmws, they had issues with turbo rattling and high pressure fuel pump failures. The 335 looked like a good car but I ended up getting an ‘08 328i and has been very reliable since I’ve owned it in ‘09

Get an Accord coupe

Last time you checked must be been 2007, because that shit got fixed in 2010 and all failures were covered by BMW.

Enjoy your cucked e9x tho, LOL

>that horrific wheel gap

Buy me wheels and tires user, dont be angry, cortisol is bad for you

Watching this much pawn stars.I also don't care about your stock photo of some shit landbarge on bus suspension.
I didn't know Honda made a 4x4 accord

How much can you tow? Looks pretty solid.

kys stancefag

truckfag leave

Nice ultimatum, faggot.

I guess the only choices are monster truck or stancefag.

>base 230 has about 250 hp and weights about 3300 pounds
So about the same power to weight ratio of a 635csi, made in the 80s, that you can buy for $3k, which will go up in value instead of down, and is better looking, more reliable, and comfier. Hmmmm

Bmw is notorious for underrating cars. Latest dyno readings of the 230 are more than what they advertise

I'd imagine a stand up jet ski would be siiiick. Did I really make you bitter by pointing out that my hondo accordo is pigfat, but not as pigfat as a sub compact clown car? Like, if you're in Europe go for it. In America we like big cars. Lincoln is right. The 2 series has funky proportions. Get a faggot miata if you want a mario kart car.

The N54 engines of that era were very problematic, especially relative to the N52 which is absolutely bulletproof. The post 2010 N55's are solid though, I plan to get an M2 eventually as my next car.

Not only that but the 330/530/630 etc started getting the N52 engine starting in 07 which makes at least 272 bhp

kek.
>tfw
People would not shut the fuck up about these being too heavy when they came out.

Now sub combat clown cars are just as heavy and pigfat as turd and 4th gen F Bodies.

OH FUCK HAVE TIMES CHANGED.

Please show me where where you can buy a decent 635i for $3k. Im not trying to call you out, I'm legitimately wanting to know so I can buy one

>4cyl
GAY

Get the I6 Turbo 240m and call it a fucking day

The only thing that ever peeved me about bmws are all the fucking packages they offer. M sport package for aesthetic shit then there is the track package which has M brakes and shit but im here like wouldent the m sport package have them? I would just get a fucking base bmw no extras and call it a day or get the top of the line one and fuck it all.

I bought mine on craigslist for $2800. Are you on the west coast? They aren't too hard to find.

Like the m sport design can still be paired with the track package despite the m suspension? but the m240i just has it all...so your better off just getting that instead of going with the m sport design for 39k then specing it up with the track package.Bmw fucked up by dropping the 3 series imo

the difference is like 41k for the specd up 230i then m240 is like 45k and you get the bigger motor....I can see it making sense if you want that 50/50 distribution the 230i has and the engine compliments it.idk the specifics about the m240 or if it has 50/50

Does BMW offer OEM performance parts like Lexus does with F-Sport? That's something I've loved about owning my IS350. It came from the factory with the mushy luxury package, but I've since upgraded it with all the nice F-Sport goodies...
>intake, exhaust, sways, shocks, springs, chassis brace

No I live in MA. Gave up and bought a miata. 635 was one of my favorite cars growing up

all these little peepee beamerz popping up embarrass me

they ironed out most of the issue with the 2011 n55?
currently have a 2011 335i and am worried about the turbo wastegate issue that plagued the n54s

Yeah they did, you'll be fine for the most part don't worry. The N54 was nightmarish but starting with 2011 the turbo I6's have been fairly solid.

engine aside wise
ive had to replace a charge pipe and coolant reservoir in the first year of owning it :(

The n55 is complete garbage compared to the n54. What the fuck am I reading in this thread. It sucks so bad the 335is uses a fucking n54 instead.

well the n54 actually has twin turbos while the n55 has one

How reliable are BMWs these days? I would buy a used one but I don't want to put 5x what I paid for it into maintenance in the first year.

Well, it's certainly one of the ugliest. Look at that high belt line. Looks like grandpa wearing pleated front slacks. Look at that short rear overhang. As if the car is pregnant with little 2-series babies. I remember sitting in an M2 at a car show a few years back and thinking how the plastics on the door panels were Nissan Altima-tier.

N/A 3.0 is the safest bet. 128 or 328.

what he means is the non turbo engines
so 2011 and before 328i and 128i

The new M5.

Tfw my 2007 130i has more hp( 265) than this

Anybody know why they dropped the 3series coupe? It makes no sense to drop it for a larger coupe 4 series or the smallest one the 2 series...what the fuck were they doing.

Umm, they just renamed the 3 to 4 while cutting the doors. What are you on about?

no. the best bmw you can buy is the e46 m3.

They simply renamed the 3 series Coupe to the 4 series

That profile is toyota solara levels of ugly. Plus that wheel gap, jesus.

>posts a pre release fan rendering
you had one job

Naw the accord coupe looks good. Solara has profile like the CLS. Feminine curves.

>baller ass

Insecure cuck who cares about what people in more expensive cars think of him

And the 230 has 2 extra inches of metal.

I dont fucking understand BMW at all.

Why do they keep getting bigger and bigger?

We are at 70s land barge sizes again.

4th gens are heavy?

in the german whip counting all myyyyy guaaapppp

The best BMW you can buy is a 325E.
Hear me out.
They're indestructible due to their low RPMs, they're relatively plentiful, they're $3000, and they look sexy as fuck.
Also, if you REALLY care, you can put a better engine in. There's almost as much room in the engine bay as in a Volvo 240.

FUCK OFF WITH THIS SHIT. ITS OLD AS FUCK AND PROBABLY NONE WORTH SAVING ARE LEFT.
>CAPSLIFE
>BIGLETTERSBIGMEANING
>G/O/ING G/O/ING G/O/NE
SQU/O/O/O/O/O/O/DDDDDD GANGGGG

Obviously someone hasn't checked CL recently.
Due to the E30 engine they sell for about half the cost of their contemporary i-series counterparts.

I'm a Volvo guy, but I see these cars ALL THE TIME. They are by no means rare.

bro fuck off.its old as shit. Its not even worth it to sink money into. You sound straight up wrong.

>not knowing how to work on cars himself

just fucking stop

The 3 series looks way sportier than those land barges

I can't wait to be able to afford a bmw and cruise around town listening to early 2000s euro dance music

Get a shitty, stanced E36 and you're on your way.

Isn't like the X5 their best selling vehicle model? the rest of the line was made just as big probably to accommodate more cabin room, "luxury", and whatever safety features their latest customers depend.

checked where? its impossible to find one in New England or the Midwest that isn't a bucket of rust. Plus bimmers are just are not great dailys imo, you would have to be constantly paranoid about replacing shit and making sure your fluids are in order so you wont have to replace shit.

Why shouldn't they? They have an obligation to make money for the company and everyone associated with it.They got bigger but also more economic than land barges so who gives a shit about that point. If you want an enthusiast car you can get the 2 series but no morons on Veeky Forums just bitch about its "lines" like they know what design ....they bitches don't understand the cars are the 90s are gone for a reason....

Not everyone wants to drive a 6,000 pound tank around town.

That's completely wrong, but I'm interested in what could have ever given you that impression.

That's the cost of comfy

>Got fixed
This is why i see n55s on the side of the road all the time in NY right?

I agree, like on the e9x xdrive models, they never got the msport suspension so it was a waste.
But tuned from the factory is better than aftermarket, and cheaper unless you do your own work.

I live in NY and never have seen a bmw on the side of the road.

2 series just looks squished up. go big or go home

There's an old guy that eats breakfast at a little diner with his golfing buddies every morning.
He drives an M4.

It's such a sexy car.

My persona preference is the 2-series, though, because I like smaller cars.

Tighter wheelbase definitely has its advantages. I just feel it's in the realm of Scion tC's and BRZ's and other boi racer types of small cars. Whereas the 3 and 4 series are more mature. I think the 2 series look would be fixed by having the trunk and hood closer to the ground.

I used to think that but it's different when you see one in person. I love my 5 series don't get me wrong, I just think an M2 would be the funnest bimmer to drive at the moment.

BMW absolutely hits it out of the park with modern car design, but looking at the front fenders, the 2 looks short, stout and stubby, which doesn't fly for a small lightweight nimble agile machine. The 4 looks sleek, streamlined and sharp

The green parts is where the 2 looks like a teenagers car, while the 4 looks more elegant

I care about aesthetics more than most. Just a vain thing I guess. I'm a tall swimmer/ cyclist fag. I don't like overly skinny or overly bulky lookz

What about the 1991 318is?

Found the nigger