Could you drive one of these?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?49=&v=ssPz50GOdoI
americanmuscle.com/brake-clutch-pedal-cover-9404.html
youtube.com/watch?v=3YLwTJMyoB8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yep grandpappy taught me on his old Mazda pickup truck

yes?

I drive one to work everyday? So I mean probably, unless the situation is im missing a leg

sure y not

We had this thread the other week.

Yeah, probably. I daily an autotragic because my car never came in manual but learned stick previously and while I haven't driven one in quite some time, I'm not a fucking retard who doesn't know what the third pedal does and understand how shit works.

Plus, in an actual life or death situation, who's gonna complain about a toasted clutch when the alternative is fucking dying?

>1994 to 2004 Mustang

No.

I've been riding a motorcycle for a week I'm sure it'll be fine

youtube.com/watch?49=&v=ssPz50GOdoI
Hardmode

Enthusiasts aside, it's stupid that people actually use old trucks like that for work instead of just getting a newer truck.

Learned on a Dodge 2500 Cummins 6-speed when I was around 14. so if my father got hurt while we were in the woods getting firewood I could drive us out.

let's see....

>inexpensive
>fully mechanical
>owner serviceable
>cool
>predictable

Not as if I'd be smooth with the clutch, but yeah I probably could. Enough that I would not stall.

Who is the autist that keeps making these threads?

Well you don't have a non-handicapped driving license if you didn't pass driving school in a manual here.

Even with a missing leg, you can still drive it, shifting into netral when stopping and handbraking if needed.

I'd only drive one of those

Yes, I just learned this weekend.

The real problem with having no leg is having no ankles. Makes it hard to depress pedals all the way when you can't point. That and sometimes you miss the pedal because you can't feel.
t. Actual cripple.

>implying there are people on Veeky Forums who can even drive

yes, do it every day.

Neat. Isn't there some way to reroute the clutch to a lever on the wheel? I feel like I've seen shit like that.

I would ride that clutch like your mom but I won't stall

The fuck is that 4th pedal for and why am I the first to mention it?

The American thing about being baffled by manuals is really weird. Here in the UK and virtually everywhere else most cars are manual and 99% of everyone that learns to drive does it in a manual

Presumably parking brake

It's a dead pedal, stupid.

It's a footrest. And what looks like an arm on the back of it is actually the top of the shitty crinkled up mat.
>americanmuscle.com/brake-clutch-pedal-cover-9404.html

>I-I'm totally not insecure about my inability to drive stick

I think some people get weird shit and hook it up to the shifter. Think like a motorcycle clutch. I haven't really looked into it further as I'm convinced I could do it normally on the right car. My feet are fucking huge though so cars I can drive stick on are few and far between.

Yeah, easily.

>My feet
>plural

How would you get moving? Not everyone drives a diesel.

I do every day. But my next car will be autotragic because it was never sold with a manuel. Somewhat afraid I'll forget how to drive stick well.

By hiring a midget to push the pedals for you.

learned on autos, but Ive been riding motorcycles for almost 5 years, so itd just be a matter of doing things backwards.

first test drive in a manual car for me wasn't that bad, so I have confidence.

I only drove an automatic once and it just didn't feel right. I feel like I have more control on a manual if that makes sense.

>I feel like I have more control on a manual if that makes sense.
You're not wrong, in a manual car there's a direct mechanical connection between your hand and the gear selector forks, as well as your foot and the part that separates the engine from the rest of the drivetrain.
With an auto you're just asking a computer nicely to take care of things for you.

ITT Dumb Amerifats

Oh by the way, its manual not "stick"

>Oh by the way, it's manual not "stick"
This is why people think Europeans are so far up their own asses they can smell what they had for dinner last week
Fuck off, it's our colloquialism
Don't like it? Don't care

You are aware that you can move a car with clutch only... right?
And no, it doesn't apply only to diesels.

Most cars will stall unless they have lots of torque and don't weigh that much.
I've actually tried it with these cars and failed: Toyota Carina E 1.6, Toyota Starlet 1.3, Honda Aerodeck 2.2, BMW E39 523i.

...Yes as I literally have just driven manual cars since I got my license.

Are burgers really this bad when it comes to manuals?

My 1.0 4cyl VW can move in first gear on some uphills just fine, mostly it depends on the hill inclination

Some cars have idle management that prevents you or at least makes it harder to stall. Subaru, for example, has their revolutionary "hill-hold" feature which prevents you from rolling backwards on a hill.

I'm European, it's the norm

Why burgers don't have more manuals confuses me. Surely you can't all do that much town driving to make it worthwhile? I thought most of you drove long distances, so short shifiting a manual for more MPGs is perfect

It'd be a bumpy ride, but yes. Its not hard at all to pick up manual if you understand what the clutch does.

Yeah, thats not the case with my car, it has a EA111 engine that puts out 70HP and 10,6kgf.my of torque.

In fact, it threatens to stall a bit but eventually it keeps rolling uphill.

>In a life or death situation
>Could you drive one of these?
I'd create life and death situations to get the chance to drive it.
Auto is fucking boring. No wonder people text and drive cause you have nothing to fucking do
>Muh comfy
just means your car is top tier shit or you are too garbage to enjoy driving.

Cool. My cars did not do that even on a horizontal surface. Surprisingly the BMW needed the most gas to move from a standstill.

Women make the decision in the majority of cases and they don't want to have manuel transmissions so, happy wife happy life, automatic it is.

In my case it could be because my car is lighter too, 1150kg with me driving it, it's a hatchback.

I think it being modern has the most to do with it. New cars seem to be idiot proof and nearly impossible to stall from what I've heard.

You mean a car? Yes of course I can drive a car.

you must be 18 or older to visit this site

Because to drive a Manual you have to learn in a manual, which means everyone knows how to drive a manual to buy manual cars which are common because everyone can drive them.

If that rule was dropped every learner would just take the test in an auto and only buy auto cars, meaning manuals would die out. The manual license thing is a self fulfilling prophecy that keeps people buying manuals.

I actually already have driven an auto before, it doesn't stop me from going back to manual cars though.

I don't know, I feel more engaged in driving a manual than a auto.

Then you must REALLY suck at manual.
I did that in numerous shitboxes ranging from a mighty 700cc 30HP Cinquecento, a 1.2 50HP Punto, numerous miatas (even one with an almost dead clutch) to an E36 316i
It worked fine in a few newer, better-spec cars like modern Audis, Toyotas etc. I drove too.
Not to mention this is obligatory on driving licence exam in Poland- in various shitboxes with clutches trashed by people trying to pass exams.

Fake feet are still feet.
Also I still have both my real ones, I just lost a knee.

>needing a footrest
>not resting your foot on the clutch pedal to maximise chances of slowing down / stopping safely

I have never even driven a automatic. I'll be fine. Am actually really curious whats it like to drive one someday maybe. A friend has a n audi a3 auto. It upshift quite smoothly, but the downshift are so laggy and jerky. It annoys me that he uses his phone while driving, but I guess that would be a benefit of auto, because you have one free hand, whereas I never even bother to take it my phone of my pocket, too dangerous.

That's a really good album.

threads like this baffle me as an american with a manual car. these fuckers act like it’s some grand achievment to know to drive these things.

That is simple, the real question is:
Can you drive a Unimog?

no

cant tell if thats a dead pedal or a 4th pedal

you need to upgrade your augmentations m8
youtube.com/watch?v=3YLwTJMyoB8

E brake.

>not being able to rest your foot comfortably and having to hold it up hovering over a pedal for several hours
>not having non-shit reactions
>being a contrarian faggot

OP got rumbled here

4 pedals? Is that a fucking tank?

Yes, but honestly I think I'd rather die than give up my prindle.

>he can't hit the clutch with his toes and the gas with his heel

why do americans make such a big deal out of manuals?
it's not an achievement worthy of bragging.
as long as you have better motor skills than stephen hawking, you're good to go
the average grandma can drive a manual around here

>why do americans make such a big deal out of manuals?

The biggest irony is that you are probably posting from a cuckstate that requires different licenses for driving manuals and automatics.

never heard of this and i know of no one who learned to drive on an auto

i believe you that's a thing but i doubt there's much of an incentive for driving schools to even offer an auto-only option as pretty much no one would take it

sums up american Veeky Forums

Can confirm that different licenses exist.
"Manual" is considered to be a full license and you can drive anything.
"Automatic" is considered to be a partial license and you are only allowed to drive autos.

If at any point you are stopped and found to be driving a manual with an auto license you get 6 points (12 is a ban) and are fined 0.5 weeks of your net wage.

Almost as if drivers who have only ever driven an auto can't be trusted to not be massive hazards given the mind-rending complexity of three entire pedals and a trivial requirement for bodily co-ordination.

No, literally no-one has an auto-only license.

In Latvia there are also two types of drivers licence - manual and auto. If a lady takes auto exam, that`s ok - she`s a lady. If a dude does it, that`s a whole different story- he also probably prefers non alcoholic beer and rubber sex doll. Real men know how to drive manuals.

That's the shittiest looking dead peddle I've ever seen

Bullshit, your clutch is garbage or you suck at driving manual. You can move the car with the clutch in a gutless car with 100 horsepower. T. Matt farahs video on driving manual

>Also help keep you awake on boring roads
Automatics should really be banned on anything but disability vehicles.

>Needing a new throwout bearing every year
>Eurofag being an eurofag
It's actually a standard.

People with disabilities that severe shouldn't be driving anyway

literally first thing you teach someone learning manual is how to find the engagement point and start rolling with clutch only

fuckign euros never learn to properly drive and overrev the shit out of their cars

bitch I can drive a truck with split gears. I also learned to drive manual in a stealth in Chicago rush hour not knowing anything. It was a horrific experience that helped make me the drift king i am today.

how many clutches have you gone through?

Yes.
Learn to float the gears. I was able to drive my car home when my clutch master cylinder blew out so the pedal did nothing.

Yes? What's the point of this question?

Stop and go traffic? I guess its worse in American but idk.

whats the fourth pedal for?

For reporting OP.