/twg/ - Total War General

Renaissance Edition

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for past historical game and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - FREE FOR ALL, Magic, Campaign, Fortress Gate Battles:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4

Campaign map flyover for WH2
youtube.com/watch?v=3PtX_tJdBU4

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - Dragons, New Units, Geomantic Web, DLC Plans:
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Mazdamundi's Skill Tree/Misc Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=sQkUBoGptGI

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen and High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=BKMR08CpxCU
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

>Warhammer II
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Vision Dev Diary: youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>DEAD Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting and screenshot-sharing encouraged

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/6f4njh/compilation_of_all_tww2_new_information/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thanks!

History and fantasy living in harmony I've got nothing for you today. Go do harmonious things or something.

Seconding this

>finished 2 Empire campaigns
>1 or 2 Vampire campaigns
>2 Dorf campaigns
>can't bring myself to play greenskins at all
fug

>not linking old thread

>mincing intensifies

Should I pick up Napoleon? Wasn't too big on FotS, should I give guns another shot?

>tfw playing Republic of Venice
>tfw Byzantine """""""Empire"""""" tries to bully me into giving hem my maps and 4400 gold

I'm going to murder them all again

Goblin Dabbing

He's a chef?

Just realized I really want to play Rome 2 TW. Im a pleb so I like Rome 2 setting more than Attila.

Convince me why I shouldnt just buy Attila. What features make Attila better?

Reminder that this is a history and anime general

Rollan for legendary divine triumph campaign. Anything is fine except Slavs or ERE

What do you think they are planning on doing?

Looking for someone to play multiplayer battles with on a cracked copy.

reroll

big party

kys

>Easiest faction in the game
Ok anything but Slavs, ERE and Sassanids.
reroll

both are worth playing, Attila is a bit of a downgrade in terms of setting but it offers more engrossing gameplay with the ability to raze settlements, towns deteriorating as they're sieged, family trees, etc. I also think the general UI and display is much cleaner and intuitive. that being said there is more civil management than R2 in terms of city sanitation/fertility/public order, especially if you want to play larger empires

play sassynids you fucking bitch

mincing also means to walk in a delicate/effeminate way

>Nagash still not announced

I love artillery ships

i am so bored

new tw when

>be Russia
>give Byzantines sorkel because I took pity on them
>immediately attacks me

>this is fine

Rise of the samurai can be fucking impossible.

Had a war domino effect where every clan declared war on me when I only had 4 provinces, included the two main factions who are meant to be fighting each other.

If I actually break free and conquer shit these are the rich lands I'll end up owning...

I think it's also the reason I've been able to start a rebellion in each province every turn

HELMAN GHORST.

So has anyone played rise of mordor yet?

whats the fucking point of a lotr mod if you can't play in middle earth?

I dunno i want to watch orcs get pin cushion'd

Is there a mod for expanding names of Lords/Heroes for the Empire? I have about 6 lords entitled "Wearer of Chains" atm

They are making middle earth though are they not?

you could just rename them yourself, much more personal that way

Good point, forgot you could even do that

no, it's custom battles only

dont think we are talking about the same mod buddy

it says campaign development in progress, but how they're going to mod the unmoddable campaign in attila is beyond me

they are sinking most of the map so its just greece germany and russia and turkey and then trying to make it resemble middle earth and they are importing custom models for maps like minas tirith and helms deep

is there a mod that allows me to rename legendary lords?

CHAOS DORFS!

>let's reskin dwarves and call it a day
Classic CA.

>be the burgundians
>migrate to black sea
>all relatively comfy
>see a notice that the sclavenians have been destroyed
>check map
>see pic related

>Radious mod pic
Kys
>Edgy dorfs
Meme army, at best they're O.G. Chaos units.

> Dwarfs but spikier
> gets mad when they use Dwarf models/skeletons

About to buy TWW, what's the main difference between Empire and Bretonnia?

Also which race should I buy first, Chaos Elves or Beastmen?

Based

Sassanid bully not so tough after getting raped

>Radious mod pic
???

I dont enjoy the Shogun II campaign. FotS campaign is fun though, but base game campaign is sort of infuriating.

>take a couple of provinces so that Im strong enough to survive and to have a decent chance to become Shogun
>people keep declaring war on me because mad jelly
>when I retaliate, I'm suddenly the bad guy and the cunt in Kyoto declares me a public menace.

This has happened thrice out of my four attempts to do this campaign.

Do I just need to blitzkrieg to Kyoto and hope for the best?

Golems never ever.

Bret's are cavalry-focused and have different campaign mechanics. Empire's more well rounded
In my opinion, Beastmen>Wood Elves>Chaos

yes, if you take kyoto you can avoid that kind of stuff since all the clans will respect your authority as shogun

Bretonnia is focused on shitty peasant infantry and god-tier knight cavalry. They have no gunpowder units either.

Empire is the most versatile faction since they have decent infantry, artillery, and cavalry, but they don't really excel at anything.

Empire makes use of a lot of gunpowder and artillery and has fairly decent infantry, overall pretty balanced

Basically everything about Bretonnia is shit tier except for their cav which easily wrecks shop.

Pirate it all

Empire: Balanced renaissance forces with guns, artillery and central map position.

Brettonia: Feudal Knights with flying cavalry and peasant infantry. isolated and safer western starting position. Most recent faction so they have some updates that the empire dont.

Oh, the way the victory condition is stated it makes it sound like you have to gain kyoto and all the other provinces(like ten or twelve others I think) as prerequisites to becoming Shogun. Here I was taking all the other provinces first and then racing against time to raise a big enough force to take down the Shogun.

Aka, I thought becoming shogun was auto-victory condition, not a state of being.

I'll try the campaign again. Thanks.

>playing as a clan far away from kyoto
That's not how you become nobunaga

What in terms of pure gameplay features has been confirmed for TW2 so far? I know there's gate battles, what else?

Chaos have cool units but a shit campaign.
Elves are skirmish focused with parthian shot, most micro heavy faction beside brettonia. Decent mini campaign
Beastmen are charge heavy with vanguard options and minotaurs to crash through lines. Good campaign mechanics, mini campaign a bit bare bones but still good.
is right
Beastmen>Wood Elves>Chaos

reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/6f4njh/compilation_of_all_tww2_new_information/

After playing a bit of TW:W it's a shame that Dark Omen killed the videogame tabletop recreation for Warhammer really isn't it.

Since Dark Omen was such a piece of shit we never got any more Warhammer tabletop sims, and those could've been damn good. Shadow of the Horned Rat would've been great if it wasn't so terribly balanced and had terrible controls. Imagine a series of polished games like that using predominantly tabletop rules with online matchmaking. Could've happened.

Also more XCOM 40k. They should've done that too. Chaos Gate was underrated.

>Play Chosukabe
>Don't give a fuck and take everything to the west.
>win
What's not to get?
Take the top right province on the far left island and recruit bows from there and rape everything. There's a number of provinces before the realm divide, before you hit that, build your economy, position and rebuild your armies to autistic perfection and have at hit.

Naval battles

Haven't played base Shogun 2 but FotS always pisses me off because everyone and their dog all decide to declare war on me no matter how fat away they are, and then send their navies to pillage my shit, leaving me with an impotent army and no economy.

Battle Pilgrims beat out flagellents just for being smart enough to carry a shield, Squires are great if backed by a dead knight on a stick.

that's vanilla you dumb faggot

How I get good with Wood Elves? Do I go in Karak Norn and Skarsnik? Do I fight Carcasonne? What to do with Belegar? Should I fight against other Elves, because confederation looks unlikely?

If you are tree hitler, go north after skarsnik

Do you think any of them wanted to talk about the elepant in the room prior to battle?

They killed the franchise before the Dwarfs could get crazier things, poor little midgets

How do you reorganize Unit cards in TW without moving out the units? Is that possible? Or at least how do you select units without selecting them in a row?

Say I have one cav in the middle, end, and beginning of the army how do I select those without selecting the units in between

I'm pretty sure you can click and drag the card to shift them around
Also, Control+Shift+G

>be scared of this Minamoto stack for like 15 turns
>could only see that it had attack upgrade samurai and sword attendants
>used rebellions & geishas to keep it busy until I could try and deal with it
>finally get to it and find this...

This is why I prefer it when army banners reflect total manpower and not just the number of individual units in an army.

>its a legendoftotalwar throws an autistic fit about agents because the ai has finally found a strategy that he can't cheese against video

What a fucking retard

Is there a generator you keep getting these things from or something?

They get plenty of retarded shit in AoS

Jesus Christ, why the fuck would you post that.

Why does this fucking game exist? Like Jesus Christ, does it have an audience or is it failing like it should?

>pictured: legendoftotalwar with his beloved M2TW

why the fuck isnt chaos in the base game? im tempted not to buy them since the game itself is $20 and chaos alone is $5 right now on steam.

to answer his question?
and don't start this reddit bogeyman shit

Its doing alright according to the notorious liars at GW. Seriously CA doesn't have shit on GWs contempt for their audience.

What are you, fucken dumb?

Unless you like an unfun slog, don't pay a cent for those chucklefucks.

Have you read the leaked employee guidebook from like 15 years ago? They have contempt for their staff as well.

So are regiments of reknown worth it? It seems too easy. Expensive, but not obscene. Max experience without trying, plus other benefits. Am I missing something or should I keep stacking these guys on Karl and shot stomping the computer when they decide to come out of their capitals?

Should be a unique garrison unit for dorfs.

does chaos have god specific units? if i cant have khorne warriors they can suck my dick.

also what DLC is good for atilla? i know i want age of charlemagne

Maybe a building you can put in dorf capitals that adds them to the garrison?

The only god specific unit is Sarthorael the Everwatcher, a changer of ways. Only playable in custom battles.

Only way to get god specifics is through mods.

Some are good to use that way, others are good to keep on standby until you come upon a situation where you would really need them to counter something else.