Hey Veeky Forums hope you're having a great day, I'd appreciate any feedback

Hey Veeky Forums hope you're having a great day, I'd appreciate any feedback

>Sorry for the paragraph, recently my Toyota CAMRY 1995 has just about hit it's limit and I need a replacement vehicle. The car has been reliable little to no issues over the past 4-5 years until now, the car requires a timing belt replacement in the next few months but seemed to completely fuck itself last Monday (16th) I only just managed to get it to work and back home, Car cannot seem to keep itself cool and redlines the heat gauge, steam spews out roughly around where the coolant reservoir is I couldn't find the source.
>I had an NRMA mechanic go over it so I could make it home and was told the problem could either be a faulty water pump or the head gasket is leaking, I would need to take it to a mechanic at a shop to have a proper look at.
>Don't know if it's worth getting looked out but I'm spending money (comfortably) each day on a rental car (Kia CENTRO)..... I should be fine for now but seriously need to buy one soon.

I'm looking for a used car as I cannot afford brand new right now, I'm 26 work in retail and want to seriously enjoy/love my car this time.
I'll be honest I don't know what I want but would really appreciate suggestions as the urgency has me overwhelmed on even where to begin.

I would like to:
Spend roughly around $7,500 to $10,000 AUD (can push to 15k)

A car a rookie can work on and learn, I've been inspired by a few Veeky Forums recommended youtubers such as Noriyaro and would really like to learn and grow a long side a car this time.

I like rice but only on respectable cars where it fits like (R34) but not required, anything "sporty"or nice will do.

Coupe/Small Mid Sedan, I'm a single guy I really don't require much space nor transport people

A car Veeky Forums certified which I can post here as I go without being blasted, so I post any development on the car and ask questions etc

Other urls found in this thread:

australiancar.reviews/reviews.php#!content=review&make=Honda&model=Integra&gen=387&pno=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

E46

>Veeky Forums memes
Miata
Trueno

E46 doesn't look to bad actually, I'm researching & looking into it now. Thanks

Miata I don't understand the hype about these vehicles on Veeky Forums can someone tell me why.

Cheap rwd light platform. Only popular because all the S platform nissans got spicced.

It's cheaper to fix the camry than buy a $7,500 car and a boatload of tax.

>spicced
Like Mexican? Sorry I don't understand
You think so? if it's worse case scenario how much does repairing a head gasket leak usually cost? Sorry I'm terribly uneducated on these but how does tax work on used cars or in general?

Civic for $3000
blow the rest of your budget on mods and you can beat any benchracer

Looking into it now, is there a particular year you would recommend?

I'm making a list of any suggestions and going through a few online and adding the ones that look appealing, I would like to post it here soon and get your opinion so i can remove or add new suggestions.
Thanks so far!

1991-1995 are comfy as fuck and is what Veeky Forums would probably advise you into. The hatchbacks have nice milleage, lightweight and since its a 90s car, no infotainment bullshit.
Any Civic from the early 2000's (1996-2000) should do as well.

Fuck the list came out horrible sorry!

My work colleague has a civic 2000s however, he raves on about it, so I know a little bit about Civics.
I'm looking into the 90's right now as suggested.

Repost deleting original

Here's the list so far, just quick glances over a few makes. Haven't had the time to look into how they actually run etc.
But importantly have I missed anything? or what should I just straight up remove from this list.
Any advice appreciated, please be gentle.

Bmw
Bit hard to tell the difference
E46

Ford
Falcon

Holden
Commodore
Berlina

Honda
Integra
Civic

Mazda
Mazda 6

Mitsubishi
Lancer

Nissan
R33
R34
370z
350z
350gt

Subaru
Impreza
BRZ

Toyota
Aurion

Bumping thread,
If no future replies come I'll let it die

I think you need to narrow the list down, or at least get more specific preferences. Some of the cars in your list are very different from each other.

>Toyota 86/Subaru BRZ
I question if you could actually get one, even for 15k. Haven't seen them going for that low yet. And even if you did get one, you'd have nothing left over to pay for other shit. I'd rule it out purely on budget.
Same with the 370z, don't know how much they go for, but I'd be shocked if they've gone that low.

>Mitsubishi Lancer
Unless it's an evo, I'd rule this out too. For your budget you can get much better cars, most of which are on your list.

Appreciate it I did manage to find a few around 16k on sale sites but I completely agree I won't have anything left over to work on the car with.

I want to work on it a little more, I know there's too much variety here. All day I've just been trying to research cars, would you recommend any places online I could look to get information?

don't forget the couple of simple mods:

10 point cage with Parachute
3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
spec-R full drag suspension
Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
1 044 bosch pump
1200 rc injectors
golden eagle sleeved block
cp 10:1 pistons
Eagle rods
arp headstuds
oem h22 headgasket
Balance shaft delete
competition clutch twin disc
Port and polished head
skunk2 valve springs and retainers
Str cam gears
crower stage 1 cams
aluminium radiator with slim fan
gsr transmission with itr lsd.
qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
k20 rbc manifold
qsd throttle body spacer
blox 70mm throttle body
4bar omni map sensor
6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
hks bov
Garret 102mm turbocharger.
Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
44mm tial wastegate
Custom water to air intercooler set up
aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
tuned on chipped p28
13 inch volks drag rims
2 15 inch volks rear rims
arp extended front wheel studs
si cluster
150 shots of nitrous
you're gonna be makin' 348 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be

>don't forget the couple of simple mods.
Fuck me that's more than a couple haha

OP here i'll be going to sleep now for the next 7 and a half hours if the thread is still up I'll continue to post.
Thank you

I've found this site quite useful when trying to find info on different cars: australiancar.reviews/reviews.php#!content=review&make=Honda&model=Integra&gen=387&pno=0
Only has info on aus delivered cars, but helps to find different trim levels and gives a basic overview. Your best bet will still just be googling cars you're interested in though.

From what you've said so far I'd recommend a Honda. Something like the DC5 Integra Type S. Easy to work on, good aftermarket support, and typical Honda reliability so you could daily it with no worries. Pretty comfy too. Not too far off in handling or speed to the Type R either.
If you want something newer and more comfy, also look at the FN2 Type R. Still pretty quick and handles well, but most people prefer the older models.

If you don't mind a more racey car, then look into the DC2, DC5 or EP3 Type Rs. They'll be a bit of a pain to drive everyday though, stiff suspension, lack of sound deadening, short gearing etc.

If you want rwd then ignore the above, but desu you can't go wrong with a Honda.

Thanks mate, I really appreciate your information. I'll defiantly be using your post!

Cheap, well balanced, incredibly light, awesome gearbox, awesome aftermarket, easy to find in manual, fairly reliable. Downside is it's a no-compromise fun car. Very little storage space. No fun on straight roads.

>Miata I don't understand the hype about these vehicles on Veeky Forums can someone tell me why.
For those of us who can't afford an Elise, they're the closest thing to a go-kart. They're a ton of fun to throw around even if you aren't actually going very fast. Not recommended if you drive long distances, especially in hot weather.

(Note: if you actually drive a go-kart and then get into a Miata it will feel like a Camry, so don't take that comparison too seriously.)

I'm not sure I'd trust an e46 in that price range - it'd cost a lot to maintain. Cheaper cars that are decently fun to drive and reliable are more like the Mazda3 and 6, which won't have the comfort nor quietness of your old Camry. The Honda Accord is a happy medium, but used prices are usually too high.

>Like Mexican? Sorry I don't understand

Yes. Mexicans are the worst ricers of them all.

Great site recommendation, DC integras at least where I've been looking seem quite expensive though.
Is post regarding the Miata mate?
Yeah my truck mechanic room-mate was saying that BMWs have high upkeep so it's been a bit jarring to consider those cars.
>Miata
Alright got it, so it's basically a Go-Kart of fun haha

I don't mind regarding comfort I want to enjoy this car the camry for me just seemed overall average, I had little to no problems with it since I bought it used but it wasn't particularly "fun" great A - B car sure..

LISTEN HERE FELLOW AUSFAG

N B M I A T A
B
M
I
A
T
A

OKAY FUCK I'LL LOOK INTO IT AT LEAST

Just don't get a Series 1 NB if you can, Series 2 have VVT and are stiffer etc. They go for like 8-12k in SA but idk about elsewhere. Dead reliable, fun and quite sexy from the front.

Unfortunately I need to head to work now and won't be back for the next 9-10 hours as I have some errands I need to run before doing so.
mainly dropping the keys for the CAMRY to the mechanic to at least get an opinion on whether or not repairing will be worth it just for the mean time.

If the thread is still here when I'm back i'll defiantly follow up any posts I've missed.
Thanks so much so far Veeky Forums you've all been very helpful.

Thanks i'll keep that into consideration as well.