/owg/ - Overwatch General

If you're rude to your teammates you deserve to lose SR edition

>Horizon Lunar Colony is live in Quick Play and Competitive!
youtube.com/watch?v=JIsDXT8Xl8I

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20861969
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc/

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Hero tips, tricks, and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source/Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal Stats / Leaderboards
overbuff.com/
masteroverwatch.com

>eSports Info and Contenders League
over.gg/
gosugamers.net/overwatch
overwatchcontenders.com/

Previous:

Here comes T.Racer!

Take the Tracer pill.

Which hero is the best to climb from plat hell?
Because i had really enough with being stuck at 2600 elo forever.

>widowmaker apparently getting two summer games items

I'm sure they'll just be something like a spray and a voice line but at least I can finally get Tricolore

>decide to take up overwatch again after burning myself out on it
>fire up quick play to get back into the groove of things
>one guy going ballistic that I'm rusty as all hell and telling me not to play characters I don't know how to play in QP

Now I remember why I left his game

Why does it seem like if I'm not the person hard carrying on dps my team will lose almost every time?

Like if I don't do super good then almost no one else is going to win the match for my team.

It's like this every match for me

>this is what hanzocucks believe

If you have no self respect, Mercy
If you have self respect, Rein or any other healing support
If you want to have more fun with more risk, any decent DPS
If you take the red pill, perhaps wonder if your SR is actually accurately representing your current skill level and recognize that right now you need to develop your skill in order to climb

LET ME OUT

>get mad cause he can't win comp games with a hanzo because he tilts

wow... gay...

i feel the same way.

had a match earlier as zarya with over 60% kill participation and 30 eliminations.

we almost lost too lol.

>tfw crave Bloo

I know it'll probably be nothing spectacular but I'm waiting for next legendary skin.

>had a match earlier as zarya with over 60% kill participation and 30 eliminations.
>earlier

I don't think I've ever not gotten gold frags as zarya. But I'm only diamond

Sombra online.

15th for ME OOGA TEAM BOOGA

PROPAGANDA IS USELESS

>tfw crave green cow

REMINDER THAT GENJI LOVES TO LICK MCCREES DIRTY BUNGHOLE CLEAN

I have so many of these as reaper. If I don't perfectly wipe the enemy team with my ult we can't hold them from capping during over time.

it's almost as if the OP image is a joke, made to trick people!

>get an actually nice team comp full of people actively communicating, working together, and making callouts.
Defeat.

>get into a team of 5 people instalocking into Hanzo and dps roles and refusing to communicate in literally any way.
Victory.

I've stopped trying to understand.

REMINDER THAT GENJI HAS NO TONGUE

I might make an account named this and try to get 1 sr. Wish me luck!

Mei checking in!

>tfw you'll never check in Mei

I'd like to think she'll get something nice for Halloween but only time will tell. Considering so many heroes are just getting one item for the summer games maybe she could get something like an emote or highlight intro. Don't want to set myself up for disappointment but it'd be nice.

Am I being unreasonable when I get angry at DPS like pharah/genji/mcree/soldier not out-damaging my Winston?

it's a spray
it features a spider that has been shot and killed

Nope, means your DPS is literally not doing anything and they need to kill themselves.
I get annoyed if I have gold damage as D.Va unless we're winning of course.

HOW EMBARRASSING

HOW EMBARRASSING

HOW EMBARRASSING

HOW EMBARRASSING

Why do I get so many shitters complaining about me going Torb on defense? I usually have gold for elims and damage done and it usually takes their entire team trying to focus me and my turrets to shut me down.

fug

So, how can i develop my skill if i'm so bad as you saying?

Because honestly, i have no idea what i'm doing wrong, almost as if i'm playing as healslut, i feel alone and no matter how much healings/support, my team can't pick up the kills
if i'm playing as a tank, no matter how hard i try to talk to people, to STAY behind my shield, nope. nothing. no teamwork at all.

and as DPS, well, playing mostly Reaper/Soldier/Pharah. Gold damage and gold elimination most of the time, but i just feel alone while fighting as my team dying like flies.

SORRY ABOUT THAT

SORRY ABOUT THAT

SORRY ABOUT THAT

SORRY ABOUT THAT

Not if you are bronze or better elims too.

OH YEAH!

OH YEAH!

OH YEAH!

OH YEAH!

OH YEAH!

OH YEAH!

OH YEAH!

OH YEAH!

>pop zarya vortex
>some guy using hanzo misses with his ult when they are grouped

As someone who plays every role it doesn't matter too much. There is a lot of reasons why a tank can do more damage.

1 you deal aoe damage and if less people are focusing you then you get to stay in the fight longer and deal more damage. Especially if you have bad healers who only heal that one tank.

The pharrah could be getting focused and not being healed and forced to run to health packs which cut her damage down as well.

Sling Bikini for Widow
Two Piece for Zarya
Speedo for Hog

I've had matches with gold elims and damage in ranked as Orisa. It's fuckin pathetic.
at least my medals match my rank :^(
get me out of here

Why does this game just keep getting more and more awful?

how do people actually have fun playing this pile of trash.

>no no, it's acceptable if a class whose sole purpose is dealing damage is dealing less damage thank tanks!

>doing pretty good, 4 golds and silver healing, we're ahead
>die
>enemy team literally starts capping/winning seconds later

Anyways, probably forced 50.

It's summer?

Masochism

>not enough content
>content trickles super slow
>all the stuff in the game is broken
>game is super popular so there's a huge community, meaning many shitters
>only thing to do in the game is to fight with and alongside the shitters, day after day

step by step guide
>be really bad
>lose a whole bunch
>end up matched with players who are likely literal children
>pick symmetra
>aim for six man carwash

There's nothing worse in the world than someone who doesn't communicate until after shit hits the fan then starts going off about some bullshit
>be silent all round long
>suddenly "OH MY FUCKIN GOD GET THIS FUCKIN GENJI BEHIND ME HE KEEPS TRYING TO KILL ME"
Or worse
>"HELP ME IM DYING" without saying where it's happening or who's attacking them

If you do this, go fuck yourself, and don't get sour when people respond negatively to your whiny bitching.

>playing as healslut
This is why I don't play healers anymore unless I'm near the peak of my sr.

The other dps are almost never going to carry as hard as me and healing them is a waste of time imo. I don't play rein anymorr either unless I have 2 healers and one is ana or mercy. I noticed I can never do shit as rein unless those conditions are met.

As dps you just have to kill the retards on the other team faster than their good player can kill the retards on your team.

I'm not saying you're bad, in fact quite the opposite. I'm just saying it's possible you're at the SR that represents your skill level. I could be wrong, of course, but all it means you'd have to do is develop a bit more. Getting better is as simple as just playing more, getting into your groove, gradually learning new stuff passively. Always be open to learning new things.

The skill curve in this game is a lot like a staircase shape (see pic related, very crude but it makes my point). You'll have periods where it feels like you just can't improve and you're settling into your average, but then you'll have some sudden periods of improvement. This is how you get better over time. You should never feel like you're just stuck in one skill level, if you just have some perseverance you can definitely do better. I believe in you.

Doomfist will have a raid event. I work at blizz.

>He hasnt permanently muted all communication channels
Actually improves the game experience and helps you win more by not having to listen to retards spewing unhelpful nonsense.

>zarya randomly pops ult without telling anyone
>no one has an ult that can combo with graviton
>nothing dies from the graviton
>their supports didn't even have to counter-ult
>"why did no one combo with that?"

>Play Winston
>Get on the objective
>Kill Gengu and everyone else is low so my team is fighting 6v4
>See enemy Widow
>Leap to Widow and kill her
>"OMG WINSTON STAY ON THE FUCKING PAYLOAD"

>later on
>"OMG SOMEBODY KILL THAT FUCKING WIDOW"
>DPS all leave simultaneously to go hunt down Widow so I have to fight Reaper/D.Va/another Winston/Mercy/Soldier with just an Ana

me ooga team booga

Sometimes you just see what's a really good opportunity in the moment

Like if you see the entire enemy team in front of you, unshielded, as rein with shatter. It's just too golden a moment.

Pharah is best Imouto.

>mfw getting jumped bye winston as he spams that

Why is this the best team on defense?
>Torb
>Sym
>Mercy
>Rein
>S76

>play winston
>do my job and dive supports
>kill one healer and get the other one really low before the enemy team figures out how to turn around and kill me
>the other healer eventually is killed by our pharah's splash damage
>"why did you dive in 1v6 winston?"

So you did 1-1 and died

trade s76 with orisa and adda bastion and sure you're right

I NEED SOME OF THAT UWAH

I've been in queue for 4 minutes on a saturday afternoon

What is hanzo doing with so much health? Why do snipers in Overwatch have so much health when they're supposed to be out of the fight zone anyway?

mccree needs to eat something, he looks like he hasn't had a decent meal in years :(

>Frenchies are a cancer on EU server
>French Canadians are a cancer on NA server

Really makes you think....

>Torb + Sym
Two area of denial heroes on of which has disgusting damage and a broken primary fire
>Mercy
Rez ruins teamwipes
>Rein
Good at protecting the turret and rest of the team
>S76
Great DPS for sustained damage dealing

Of course it's all hard countered by dive, because dive is king.

>tfw mei is following you around and freezing the people you're microwaving

not only that, but it's hard countered by pharah mercy alone, while slightly soft countering the soldier76

Still angry they made the cute one a lesbian even though she doesn't look like one.

At least it wasn't window or mercy though.

but s76 mercy wins pharrah mercy

y-you do know that you don't have to look gay in order to be gay, right?

not really

it definitely denies them a lot of air space, but it's not a hard counter

mcree is much better

No he doesn't, unless he is much more skilled than both and able to fire first without being seen.

>S2 won 37 games lost 23 instalocking Pharah even though everyone said she was trash, Diamond
>S3 won 25, Lost 25 playing Pharah/Zen/Ana, 2500 Plat on the dot
>S4 lost an astounding 22 and won 7 Flexing on whatever character my team needed , low Gold
>haven't done S5 placements

I need to take a break from OW, any game recs?

>Traveling to Horizon Lunar Colony
>Player has left the match, match will be canceled in 10 seconds
This has happened twice today, are people really this afraid of the new map that they'd rather lose SR than play it?

only if the mercy is dumb enough to just hold space and hover there like a low grav clay pigeon

Literally round up and hang every single Junk main.

Holy shit I'm mad.

I play Reaper to specifically pocket my Mercy heal slut and make her day happy from the bad Winston players.

>players got better over the seasons and you stagnated
Top kek my dude

The map is annoying, There are 4 entry points that are all chokes that can easily be spammed at to keep the attackers out.

It's one of what will likely be a lot of maps that are ok for quick play but horrible for comp.

When should you swap out of Winston?

Final Fantasy 14 if you're into MMOs
Persona 5 or Nier if you have a PS4
Breath of the Wild or Mario Kart if you have a Wii U/Switch
Shadowverse if you like card games like HS on the PC
Starcraft 1 is currently free to play on the PC if you want to dick around in custom games of a like 20 year old game
Steam Summer Sale is happening as well

What can I do? Wageslave+College is a hard life and the amount of free time I wish I had isn't anywhere close to the amount of time I actually have

never

if you're dying a lot but not actually taking any squishies with you dying frequently is just part of life as winston but you'd better be keeping their healers down

>play like shit in seasons 1, 2 and 3
>decide to git gud in s4
>climb from bronze to mid silver
>really proud of myself
>s5 places me in bronze again
This game is super fucking demoralising

>git gud
>get to mid silver
user...

It's very badly designed for defense, the attack has easier access to the high ground on the second point and the structure of it makes it very easy for the attackers to win by rezzing and fragging anyone who comes out of defense, or just by the defense C9ing it because the capture point is so easy for the attackers to lock down.
It should have definitely not been instantly added into the competitive map pool. Honestly it might be the worst map added to date design wise.

If your team is shit.
Winston seems like he's never really a bad pick unless the other team is just full on bullying you with something like Reaper/Winston/Pharah/D.Va and at that point your team should be assisting you.

i genuinely don't understand how people are this bad

Like I have no prior fps, or gaming at all really, experience, I soloq'd, and I still got mid plat

don't forget the part where if you start winning too much, the game deliberately matches you with shitty teams and/or against players way out of your league just to fuck with you

You have to improve some way. I'm not stupid enough to think I can get to master in a single season.
In earlier seasons I got tilted as fuck so played like dog shit. I was gold in s2 but got dropped to bronze in 3 placement.
Try playing bronze on weekends. Squeakers making fart noises on the mic.

That only happens in Quick Play

changing the story up... why?

When you guys stop giving a shit about competitive you'll be happier. I just don't care. I only play it so I can get one of those ugly golden guns for Reaper and achieve maximum tackiness.

Double cancer strat I like it!

I'm actually liking the new Roadhog. The increased fire rate and extra round in the mag feels good man.