Dad offered me to buy his Silverado

>It's a early model if I remember correctly, he's had it as long as I can remember. Essentially looks like OP image but in silver paint instead.
>Can't remember how many miles on it, but any time I rode in it (Which was a lot a one point) never really had any trouble or break downs that required pulling off to the side of the road.
>Live within/near the Rust Belt. South-East Ohio specifically. Dad used to drive this truck God know's where from Ohio to Pennsylvania. Or states around it.
>It has a rhino liner in the bed, matching color bed top.
>Also he dumped money into it whenever something breaks or needs fixed, doesn't have the stock CD/Radio player anymore. Etc.

>However the brakes need work at the moment so it's sitting in his driveway for the mean time.
>He briefly mentioned once that the 4 wheel drive doesn't work for the time being either.
>Auto transmission.
>I learned to drive in a way smaller vehicle so it's kind of scary to go from a car to something that feels like a tank in comparison.
>Also has some little broken 'quirks' with it but nothing that actually effects the truck from starting, running, turning, functioning, etc.
>Wanted 6,500 US Dollars at the time of offer.

I mean I want to have a truck if you live in the area I do for utility and such but at the same time I have questions and doubts. It definitely needs some kind of work but is it worth it in the long run or not, I'm not really familiar with trucks. Or GM manufactured ones specifically.

Fuck OP image, this is almost near perfect to what it looks like and the following image.

To give you an idea, I am currently selling a 2007 F-150, no issues at all, for 5k. 6,500 is literally "I KNOW WHAT I GOT" pricing on that thing.

>father offering son one of his possessions for way above market value

Your dad literally doesn't love you or care about you, he loves buying stupid shit with money more than helping out his son. Those of us with loving parents got free or heavily discounted family prices when offered a car. I legitimately feel sorry for you and you should cut him off and use that $6,500 to buy new parents.

THIS

my grandpa gave me a 02 silverado, z71 for free. he was asking 5k when he was trying to sell it but your dad is trying to fuck you

Tell him to fuck off. That's a shit deal.

lol thought this was a nice story until I saw the price he wants you to pay

In all honesty though, trucks sell for way more than they're worth where I live, so $6500 is probably not too unreasonable unless it has a ton of miles or is rusted out.

Unless it's in real good shape and has under 150k miles, for $6500 there's no way.

>6.5
Tell him to take a hike.

This only makes me wonder how else your dad has fucked you over.

Even if I was dirt broke and had to get rid of my vehicle for whatever reason I would never make my child pay a red cent on the purchase.

>6,500 US Dollars

Holy fuck.

Welcome to the world of used trucks. You people think that's bad yet you advocate spending 10k more on a older Toyota. Domestic trucks hold their value too.

I recommend taking older Toyotas to the scrap yard

They're both overvalued on the used market.

That's why I gave up on looking at used trucks. It's either an overpriced mall crawler soccer mom CCSB or an overpriced work truck that's about to rust in half and has 400k miles. I'll just lease or finance a new one like all the other normies.

>4 wheel drive doesn't work

Going to be expensive as fuck less it's just a solenoid.

>parents want to sell you their car
>not giving it to you

OP has shit parents confirmed lol

> early 2000's Silverado
> issue with brakes
> issue with 4wd
> typical 15 year old GM vehicle problems, iffy switches, squeaks and rattles, door and window seals, etc...
> probably either hidden or visible rust
I'd be aiming closer to 3 to $4k

not too bad op

Your dad is a piece of shit trying to scam your dumb ass

There must be some kind of price-fixing going on here, because I've had the same problem and gave up my search for a truck like 3 months ago because you just don't get much for the price.