/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Starship Edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>A discord you can use:
discord.gg/kkejYwp

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

First for Ship CBT when

>kv-220 turret side is flat to me
>90mm M82 from 80 yards doesn't penetrate
Gassing the subhumans and using their corpses as the foundation for a brighter future when?

This general is a proud defender of the character and integrity of Russians. Remember that anyone who slanders the proud Slavic race is NOT a friend of this general.

Reminder that Russians are the single greatest threat to the stability and progress of Western civilization and should be exterminated like the treacherous vermin they are.

Finally got Caemarvon, my first t4 lads. What I'm in for?

getting memed through the turret by quite literally anything

how do i get good at the hs 129b with the meme cannon

Your not welcome in this general.

what is the best fighter to sealclub in arcade :^)

Downtiered MiG-9/L

F-84 to meme on all the fags in prop planes.

how much does buying elite on nazibolt cost?
how much worse is it playable without it?

P-40, or the XP-55.

This thread has been blessed by Herr Kurt Tank

High rip speeds and dead spitfires will come to you, but only if you post "Vielen dank, Herr Tank" ITT

c.205 serie 3, g.55 sottoserie 0 or g.55 serie 1?

try harder faggot

A stout noose around your neck, pastaweeb.

CF-105 Arrow when

Is planes still a thing or did people quit after all the cold war jet shit?

More enjoyable than atgms

all the jets except schwalbe/comet etc are cold war, user

nigga there have been jets since the beginning

>Meteor F.3
>P-80
>Ki-200
>Kikka
Nice selective memory naziboo

Do people just not push in top tier tanks? I just got my first one and people just sit hulldown on hills and snipe, it's boring as fuck. All these super maneuverable tanks with stabilizers and no one uses them.

Those are just the consoleniggers. Their controllers make it impossible to aim so they can't take risks.

>naziboos still whine about facing griffon spitfires in their doras despite said doras running on extremely generous engine settings and griffons running at low engine settings
When will they just fucking grow up and accept their planes were shit irl?

>All these super maneuverable tanks with stabilizers and no one uses them.

Yeah, really cool tanks until a nigger in a bush 2 km out hits you in the side with an atgm and kills you. Or worse a SPAAG spots you and machine guns you down as if you were in paper box.

Leopard driver detected.

M8 even your clap tanks and chieftains get anally fucked by them if they get a glimpse of your side. Rushing is just bad tactics.

desu, ulq shitter do ruin the game sniping across whole forest

Opinions on ZSU 57 as a tank destroyer?

Should be removed.

Used to be incredibly cost-effective for the damage it could do since it never needed to face the more heavily-armored slav heavies at its tier
Now that it costs as much as a medium tank it's still good but it's stupid to pick it as a first spawn over something like a T-54

I'm perfectly happy with the T-54 1947 and want a different play style (instead of grinding for T-54 another two times). How about the object 906? I feel like I'm going to die to CAS and .50s really easily though. I also really want the ZSU 23 to give CAS players something to think about when they spawn

You have to ability to use the same settings, not their fault you don't use it.

You forgot the He 162 and Arado 234.

Is it just me or does battle royale kinda suck for slow poorly maneuvering tanks?

Finally watched the eternal zero after it was recommended a year or two ago here.

fucking beautiful movie.

I won it in my Churchill III once

Get into a position with a heavy tank where you can hurt them but they cant hurt you.

depends on the team. last night in Simulator we won by holding all three points with only 4 total kills. The US/Brit team only realized what game it was when they had

not bad rp for 9 mins playtime

Then die out of bounds when the map zone restricts? Great idea....

Have you ever tried using your brain? Maybe if you shot the guys with the strongest guns first and the guys with the weakest guns last you could get closer. But no, that would involve using your brain, that's like impossible and stuff.

No I mean, literally being to slow to escape the out of bounds zones.

>Get into a position
lewd

THEN DON'T SIT THAT FAR BACK!
Or Use an M6A1 or 75mm Jumbo, don't use the Churchill then if you cant figure out how to use it.

We'll bang okay?

>highly historical la-7 turns 180 degrees at 5000m and only loses about 40mph
Stripping the flesh from slav children and using the leather to make whips to flay their parents when?

*blush*

what in the flying fuck is that ?

You mean what tanks is that?

It's an M60A1 or A3 with it's turret rotated backwards.

IM TRYING TO USE THE T95 JACKASS.

Lets see, T29 came out last year, or atleast its review, and then after at the minimum of what felt like 6months the ru251 came out and another 3 months the is-6 came finally balancing most of 6.7 so long as you were p2w because cents and chieftains are already a fucking mess of a pillbox. What the hell could gaijin come up with p2w vehicles for japs and then spaghettios?

looks as a ball basket

yuss, meant tank

>centurion
>pillbox

The japs get a Tiger 2 with thicker armor, a smaller turretface, spaced armor, and a bigger engine bay because they put in some kind of boat engine or something that gives it three times the HP it previously had. Oh and it shoots glorious katanas folded 1000 times with nippon steel and personally blessed by the emporer himself with more than 1000mm of penetration and when it does penetrate the handle shrapnels off and kills all the crew and it cant bounce because its super sharp and folded 1000 times.
The italians get nothing since their entire tech tree would be German and US tanks. Maybe the air tree would get an F-104 or something.

the mk1 has a obvious weakspot yes that being the turret ring, but the following models are much harder to pen if your use to just shooting the cheeks of the turret and have never actually though to shoot the LFP, and yet with the chieftain the same concept applies yet ive had more difficulty penning them on the LFP even with the 230mm round of IS-3 and T-54 47

Also, UGH grinding.

So the Tiger 2H Sla with even more powerful engine and basically a shootable 5000kg bomb?

oy vey fellow anonymous. you should buy some of those nice shiny birds and get new tanks. and you should also buy that premium and get all that money to spend on. trust me goy, i have your best interests at heart.

Basically yes. Except the jap tiger 2 will be painted up like the rising sun, all red and white. but its fine since japan has time travellers and shit who got specific cloaking devises that hide the tank only from the enemy team.

Japs are still missing ST-A3 and A4 so probably either of them.

Centurion has a massive weakspot just above the gun mantle

THEY ADDED THE ITALIANS, BUT NOT THE XP-72?
I WANT THE XP-72, NOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

But the ST/Type 61 were quickly replaced by the M41, if anything they'd add a version of the M41 with a rangefinder and a stabilizer and not give it to the american one because )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I thought your autism caused you to run in front of a bus or something. If I give you new crayons for your coloring book will you go away?

SHUT UP, I DON'T NEED NEW CRAYONS. I ONLY WANT THE XP-72. I WANT IT NOW!

The Italians had more impact on the war than some shitty prototype american piece of turd

OH YEAH? IS THAT WHY THEY LOST? SHUT UP, YOU STUPID IDIOT. XP-72 REVOLUTIONIZED PLANE DESIGN.

Don't need new crayons? Then did you fill up your coloring book? What would you like this time? How about XP-72s from the top?

I WANT THE XP-72 IN THE GAME, SO I WOULD BECOME THE BESTEST PILOT THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN, OKAY?

Oh I'm sorry sweetie, we're out of XP-72 coloring books. How about fishies? You like fishies right?

NO, I WANT THE XP-72 I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT AND I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW

eat shit fäg

THAT'S NOT NICE, YOU'RE MEAN

I'm sorry baby but we're out of XP-72 coloring books. Just fill this one in and I promise there will be a new XP-72 waiting for you when you're done.

I
WANT
THE
XP
-
RIGHT
THIS
INSTANT

>XP-72
So basically a pregnant P-47? Gross.

IT IS NOT PREGNANT, YOU STUPID DUMMY. IT HAS 900 MORE HORSEPOWER THAN THE THUNDERPOOP, IT HAS 4 37MM CANNONS, OR 2 37MM IF YOU ARE TOO STUPID TO USE MORE FIREPOWER. IT WOULD MAKE P-47 LOOK LIKE A WW1 DESIGN.

p-51 is already pregnant... from p-47

>futa
kys pls

>play c.202ec
>try to outturn a p-51 while some fag with p2w lightning is on my tail
>get set afire
>rapidly lose maneuverability
>p-51 thinks i am done and stops turning
>fire goes out
>shoot down the p-51 that flies straight

lol
too bad my engine died so i was shot down too before being able to fight xp-38 back

>Never saw service
>Isn't a jet

IT DIDN'T SAW SERVICE BECAUSE THEY REALISED IT WAS TOO ADVANCED TO BE SHOWN TO THE PUBLIC, STUPID IDIOT.
JETS? JETS STARTED USING XP-72S ARMAMENT DESIGN AFTER IT WAS INTRODUCED TO THE PUBLIC YEARS AGO, STUPID DUM DUM.

>4 37MM CANNONS, OR 2 37MM
literally useless in wt
it's anti-bomber weapon only

>IT HAS 4 37MM CANNONS
Are they the same 37mm cannons that the P-63 has? Cause if they are I'll pass, give me quad Hispano/AN-M3 instead.

IF YOU'RE BAD AT AIMING, YES. GOOD PLAYERS (LIKE ME) WILL KILL EVERY FIGHTER PLANE IN SIGHT.
ALSO YOU STUPID DUM DUM, 2 37MM THEN COME WITH ADDITIONAL 4 .50 CALS, JUST FOR DUMMIES LIKE YOU!!!!!

THAT'S CAUSE YOU ARE STUPID AND DON'T KNOW HOW TO AIM. GOOD PLAYERS WILL ALWAYS CHOOSE 37MM OVER STUPID 20MM GUNS.

>GOOD PLAYERS (LIKE ME)
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?

Meanwhile in bizarro /wtg/

>tfw it actually has 8 37mm