Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releases in the west in Fall 2017, yes, Europe as well
EMD2 releases in Japan August 31

Previous thread:

nene was here

other etrians are losers

Nene is a slut.

Fang is best.

Will EMD2 save the series?

Etrian Odyssey MMO when

What do you think?

What the hell is going on with that gun?

I want Himukai to make his own VN

Write a VN and tell him to animoot it. You could probably rustle up enough pixiv nerds hat are onboard with the vision to do it anyway as a fanwork.

So would it be like, an adventure drama following the typical EO story as a MC, side character or a support character or would it be a full departure and you're part of the town making a living off of the adventurers in some way?

>getting blown out just when you've nearly cleared a whole floor

All I know is his humor and designs would make for a good story. His headcanon is the only one that matters after all.

I have a CFW 3DS with an NDS Flashcart installed. Which games and in which order should I jump into the series with?

4 is noob friendly. Start there.

>ded people in op
Will this thread survive?

They only die if you finish their event in the 2nd stratum.

No way that will happen.

Otherwise they just starve there.
They are fish food either way.

Then don't let them into the 2nd stratum.

Is it even possible to not do that?
Aren't they either blocking your path or just sneaking after you if you tell them off?

>wasting op pic on dead shitters

Yes, I believe at one point you are asking if they can enter the 2nd stratum. If you say no, their "story" ends there, as far as the player is aware.

When are we getting a 5 vs 5 boss fight in EO?

I hope in EO3U - EOU story party sides with armoroad, EO2U story party with the deep city and instead of the randomly summoned mystical creatures at the end of the fourth stratum we fight one of them depending on which path we choose with the EO3U story party.

But who could ever say no to Hypathia?

Are you saying you'd rather watch her die or get scarred for life?

Pretty please, user?

eou2 classic mide if you were to just play one. otherwise play them in order. you don't need to finish eo1 if it's too archaic

Why does summer need to be so hot?
And no underwater labyrinths to explore anywhere...

Welcome to EO.
If you get complacent it will kick your ass. The games can smell carelessness.

Do you think Bobshark is sad that she is the only non-blonde?

She's happy she hasn't been replaced by bandana again.
Even though they should have.

Princess' swordstaff thing is really fucking big.

And there aren't even any staffs in EOIII...

What if she's blonde but dyes her hair black?

What if bobshark used to have blonde hair but got magic cancer while trying and failing to save the village she was from. Now she wears a black wig to remind herself of those she lost as she spends the last of her days helping others in their memory.

Like an anti-Hypatia?
Loli-Fortress showed interest in a boy with a black bobcut and so Bobshark changed her hairdo?

What if all the blondes are dying their hair?

And they are exploring to find enough material for hair-dye.

Is it possible for Teach to not be a slut?

But there is not any Teach there!?

Also: no.

There's nothing slutty about braving the wintry sea air, clad only in a swimsuit,to gain men's favor at the cost of your pride.

She must have such a high elemental defence.

I knew it - all Etrians are actually blonde.

>medic
>gunner
Why not go for the superior War Magus?

Why is Mediko harassing that pervert?

Because perverts like it.

Because hexer is a pervert.

We need to get beyond the perverts.

Cute in a simple way.

A bit much but Yandere is still cute.

I bet you losers just want to do pervy stuff with her

Download where?

I just want to keep her safe and happy.

I think it isn't even out yet.

I want to love rape Ricky

How do I build a 2U Hexer?
I'm only at the end of the first stratum, and I've mostly put points into Venom Curse because that is basically an auto-win on random battles, especially with the 2x poison meal.

What are your other classes?
If you have a Dark Hunter you want to get the binds (and use whip on DH), if you have a War Magus you want more ailments and if you have no dedicated buff unit you want Frailty Curse (more damage is nice but EO2U has hard diminishing returns for buffs/debuffs).

Good ailment skills are Madness Curse and Evil Eye (with one of the fear skills) and on the binds side leg bind is the least important since not many dangerous skills use the legs in EO2U.

This looks so 00's

its nice isnt it

Which EO is the best for writing stories about?

Depends on what kinda story you wanna write

explorer girls who can't win against the cock

Something slice of life. I got this idea of a guild that does the bare minimum of work so they can pay for lodging and food, while they spend most of their time enjoying the nice things, fishing, drinking, etc. Its something I've been holding on to for a bit.

I was wondering what other people thought though, if they write stories.

EOIII has two main towns with some political intrigue and a bunch of other cities in the sea. Sea quests also have a bunch of characters in them that are actually a bit fleshed out.

EOIV has the most "adventure" with four lands, two lost races and an ancient empire.

EOV has four different races with their own lands and a hint of some political systems.

Depending on what you want to write any of those are probably the best settings.

Isn't this the thought behind one of the EO2U DLCs? The one that gives you the golden belt?

Man, with all that shit going on, kinda seems like a hard thing to set a slice of life story in it

"hey, lets go drink."

"oh yeah and ignore the LOST RACES and ANCIENT EMPIRE on the horizon? fuck you."

honestly, im kinda considering EO1 and EO2, but trying to figure out which is comfier

EO has an ancient empire known as Tokyo

Flavio absolutely won't lose to cock!

And EO2 has an evil wizard trying to create the ultimate being using ancient technology a top of his golden cloud city castle

Solid points

I guess the question I should be asking is,

Which EO game is the comfiest?

Fishing and cooking is actually part of EOV.
The shounen prince (the guy that gives you missions) is interested in cooking, reserching recipies and shit.
And Genetta the inn-manager has taken in a bunch of animals for free. She is ditzy and I am pretty sure the would let you stay without pay as long as you tell funny stories.

So there are possibilities to get some renown even without actually fighting (not in game of course but in the setting).

Well, before the player guild came along only the first land was discovered as no one really bothered to take down the first boss.
Also they were handing out arships to anyone that could get Irisident Ore so there is some opportunity to travel for free and laze around out of town.
Since Logre is stuck in Tharsis and the Medium will not suddenly make the trip to the Empire herself there is not even any immediate danger as long as the player guild does not stirr up everything.

What about spiders' cocks?

IV

EOIV

IV

wow did not really expect IV to get this much love desu

its weird though, I have a clear image of all the main towns for the other games, but IV, I can't really picture how it looks, the layout, architecture, etc.

Is it just me?

>This girl is deceased

hope someone makes an edit of that. I was looking for the image of that old man but couldn't find it

delet this

Well, the main image is a bit cluttered and does not give away much.

NO! Fluffymaster is sleeping!
DELET

The edge of town is much more comfy looking thought - sitting on that airship dock would be nice.

And there is this one from the artbook which shows some vertical orientation going on - great for vantage points to look at the busy town below you even without doing exhausting stuff like climbing on a roof.

You could always check out the artbook, there's some stuff in there that might help.

Fuck, thanks for these. Seeing them out of the context of the game really helps. It seems like the town is built on a slope.

A hill, maybe?

I should really flip through the artbook.

Overall it's a city stretching over a windy plain.
A lot of flat grass all around, stairs and slopes in the city itself and Yggdrasil (and danger) far away on the horizon.

Basically it's on a hill. Like High Lagaard but more extreme.
All in all, this series really loves this kind of town. Lagaard and Tharsis are on a hill, Armoroad is on a slope, Arcadia is on a mangle of roots at different heights. The new town in EMD2 is also on a slope.
The only "plain" towns are Etria and Aslarga - which is more of on a plateau.

you know

I feel kinda stupid, seeing the surrounding area as a windy plain only just now.

And even Etria's location is not as boring as it could be since the entire area around it is held up by Yggdrasil.
They are essentially on the crown of the assembly of trees that the projects created which might not be interesting to look at but is at least some decent lore.

Well the first land is literally called "Windy Plains" ingame.
And there is plenty of wind around, more then even in the mountain area.

There has to be a nice breeze in the higher areas of Tharsis...

Is scruffy ok?

Thanks for the help user.

I'm definitely really favoring IV right now. I guess it's time to write the characters.

After some sleep. And work.

If I manage to write something up, I'll dump it here.