Well Veeky Forums, at the end of the year I’ll be buying my first new car instead of used...

Well Veeky Forums, at the end of the year I’ll be buying my first new car instead of used. I plan on spending about $45k on a car and want to get it wrapped to protect the paint.

What colors of wraps does Veeky Forums recommend?

I was thinking of pic related. Anything better?

well that doesnt scream nigger does it? or perhaps sand jockey... um no...............

And what do you suggest? Or did you just come here to be a faggot?

Yes do that wrap. That exact one.

Hot pink to let everyone know how much of a flamming faggot you are

What car ?

mmm wraps are kinda gay mist times unless it s a race car or commercial. IF it was mine and I was set on doing it I'd do a clear wrap...

All depends on the car. If unsure stock color wrap to protect the paint but keep the look. Otherwise grey, black, and white are safe neutral colors.

I guess a rusted Turd gen Camaro is more your taste.

I’ll probably do a clear wrap eventually. But, I do want to try different colors for the time being. Also, I was also thinking of this color of wrap, pic related.

Either an Audi A5, Lexus IS 350, Acura TLX, or Stinger GT.

Spend the money getting a ceramic coating instead.

This desu

I’d rather play with different colors. I’ll probably do the headlights in 9H though.

Why is Veeky Forums afraid of a wrapped car?

car screams im a nigger pull me over and shoot me. not kidding.

>cover up paint completely and make the car a different color
>"I'm protecting the paint guys!!!!"

Insert pics of bumper bras destroying paint after being left on for years

Vinyl wraps don’t rub against the paint. What the fuck are you on about?

Seems like these (probably just one) faggots just don’t like things that are flashy or different. So, what makes them so awful?

Why you shouldn't wrap your car unless it is a racecar
>Wraps do not last long, the average lifespan of a full-body wrap is about 4 years. You ever seen shitty tints on mexican cars melt? Imagine your whole car doing that.
>Paint is better for aerodynamics
>Paint is easier to fix if it's scratched, when you would have to rewrap the entire piece
>Wraps will fuck up your paint layer as its literally an all-car bumper sticker
>Wraps look ghetto as shit
Ever wonder why we've been using paint all these years instead of any alternative? Not to mentioned cars that have "sporty" or gay colors have a much higher chance for getting pulled over for speeding.

this guy gets it

As someone who puts graphics on vinyl for a living, you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t really like completely wrapped cars that much either but just about every point you made is factually incorrect

> doesn’t last long
Four years? Try seven. Maybe five years if you live in a constant harsh weathers.

> comparing wraps to shitty tint
Vinyl wraps damaging paint is a myth. The adhesive doesn’t even leave a residue let alone be able to damage the paint.

>paint is easier to fix
It’s cheaper to rewrap a panel than it is to repaint a panel. Expensive cars have expensive paints. Youcamr just go to Autozone and pick up some matching paint and fix your scratch. Try buying a pint of paint for upwards of $150. Then having someone repaint your car.

> look ghetto as shit
Yes, because everyone in the projects have wrapped cars. Just because you see rappers on tv and YouTube do it, doesn’t mean poor people do it too.

*You can’t go to autozone

OP is always a faggot. That user came here to point out the obvious in your problem.

Get a factory paint job and wrap it in a scratch protector that gets removed when you apply heat from a heat gun.

> get a factory paint job
> factory paint job
> factory
> paint job
I’ll definitely be getting a wrap. Just depends on what color.

R O S E G O L D C H R O M E
>R O S E G O L D C H R O M E

Actually that depends most body shops have color match systems so the same pain is used on both a Corvette and a Sentra. At the shop i work at we use a standox system so its all high quality paint

What really matters and things get expensive is clear coat NVR cheap out on the clear

However beautiful that color is, I’m not big on chrome.

Again, it’s not some cheap Chevy approved ecomemy car paint. It’ll be expensive. Luxury cars tend to get expensive paints.

>this fucking thread

>>>/osg/

Shut up
I personally don't see anything wrong with a wrap if you're doing it to a shitbox, but not on a nice car

>Tfw small paint blemishes on a metallic paint job
Ffs. I don't want to get the whole panel sprayed but I'm sure that's what it takes.

That’s why I like wraps.

What's the point of wrapping a car to "protect the paint"?

>"wow user that old vinyl wrap looks like shit"
>"yeah but I bet the paint underneath it looks fantastic"

Get a ceramic coating if you actually want to protect your paint.

Why spend $1k-$2k on wrapping a shitty car?

Oh damn I didn't realize it cost that much

> thinking vinyl wraps act like cheap old stickers
No. Maybe the headlights. But, that’s it.

Yea...I'll try and get some shmuck to do their best to touch it up but it'll still look off.
Some day a wrap.

>to protect the paint
Just get a clearbra, you retard

Or better yet, just wax it

Not really depends on the specific color a three stage pearl or candy yes you are a 100% right but otherwise we just look up the color code and mix it according to the formula and even if we don't have the code we have a special camera to make one then we add any slight corrections ours selves it's all just part of the trade as long as you don't mind the base coat not being the exact same brand as it came from the factory we can paint it the exact color you want and you don't have to pay out the ass for some special base coat. Also i will admit i don't know much about wrapping but a good respray at a good shop will be 3k to 5k idk how much it'll be to wrap a car but if it's close to this he might as well paint it .

That wasn't the point at all but okay

>instead of having a brain and getting his car ceramic coated, OP sucks so much dick that he has to be a massive faggot and wrap his car like a fucking queer

I want to change the color ever so often.

Most quality pearl/metallic/chrome wraps are $2k max.

I’m not putting liquid ceramic all over the car. While it’s nice and all, it’s less durable than vinyl and lasts less than half the time. Thought it’s significantly cheaper than a wrap.

That’s a lot of gay stuff coming out of your mouth. I guess you’re probably more used to gay stuff coming in your mouth instead.

Literally all of that is incorrect.

Did you put all of your full stops into that car's paint?

>decide to buy a car
>wow, all these options with low milage, too bad i don't like the colour
>let me just get this dead car because it's the colour i like and then ceramic coat it because i don't like vinyl wrap.

Idk what your asking do you mean for the color match this car was a easy repair and we done the color(its a three stage pearl )a few times before just mixed it adjusted so it be a damn close match and blend to the fenders i just prepped this car desu but after it was finished it looked great.

But we did use the camera on this job was originally Whit but truck was painted orange later on came out good shame i dont have a pic of it done tho :/

>Get a ceramic coating if you actually want to protect your paint

what are stone chips?

Wraps just seem like the best option for the variety of colors.

My friend wrapped his type r right away with a chameleon wrap, personally I prefer satin greys with white wheels colour scheme but whatever your taste is go for it

Best wrap for a 2014 cts or 2016 ilx or 2016 mkz? I’m really stuck between these three cars and curious on wrapping it.

If it’s $2k or less I’d be ok with that. I don’t want anything insane flashy just neat to look at.

Get an itasha wrap of your waifu OF COURSE

That Civic Type R has a gorgeous wrap.

I wrapped my Miata.

Cost about $300 a $400. Only use 3M 1080, everything else is garbage.

Heat gun and patience is required.

No need to get a fucking flamboyant color.

I dunno I bought an ilx and I really want to see it wrapped in some kind of space dark blue.

That or something like pic related just the roof

is vinyl cheaper or superior to plastidip? I thought about getting mine sprayed in dip but if vinyl is longer lasting or just better material i'll opt for it.

pic related, my car.

Oh god plastidip is garbage please don't ever use I'm a pianter and don't know much about wrapping but in terms of quality and looks vinyl is much better

Plastidip is a fine alternative to wrapping if done professionally. It’s cheap. But, vinyl is significantly superior. It’s more durable and lasts significantly longer. I’ve seen people take a screwdriver to vinyl before, leaving scratches in the vinyl, and the clear coat and paint underneath being untouched and perfect. Depending on your wrap, it could be anywhere from $500 to $2,000. Which really isn’t bad.

Then why is it so easy to see what parts have been repainted on cars?

Because of crappy painters it's not the products fault it's the person that applies it just like a great wrap can be ruined if the guy applying it doesn't know what he's doing or care a paint job can be ruined by a guy who doesn't know or care how to properly do the job when done properly you should never know it's been done

Matte white on a Cadillac?

LOL GUYS I WANNA TRY DIFFERENT WRAPS LOL

IM GONNA PAY TO HAVE IT WRAPPED THEN RE WRAPPED AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN

DONT WORRY LOL GUYS I HAVE MILLIONS SO SPENDING TONS OF TIME AND MONEY JUST TO CHANGE MY CARS COLOR IS COOL LOL

OH ITS NOT LIKE IT TAKES AT LEAST A FEW DAYS LOL

WRAPS LOL

Stop being a colossal faggot.

i second this

Paint is paint, mate.

How much does a full wrap normally cost anyway?

Nardo Grey is an amazing Audi color wrap.

No.

Ceramic coating is only worth it on non-daily driver cars that dont depreciate below $30k.

That grey and rose wrap would be super nice. Not quite as showy as the purple/teal. I'd recommend the Lexus, but aside from their top notch reliability, that's mostly personal taste.

>Stinger GT
Put it in brown, it's the natural color of shit

No it’s not. Some paint is better quality than other paint. Some lasts longer, some is shit. Same goes for clearcoats.

Depends on who you go to and what type of wrap you get. Typically $500-$2,000.

This. On a daily driver, 9H will crack real fast.

The Silver/Rose is a close second. I’m kinda torn between the two.

The GT isn’t looking so bad. It’ll be a quality car for sure. The drivetrain, steering, and handling all was made by the Father of the M-series, Albert Biermann. So, it’ll be reliable. Also, look at the features on this car. Which I’d probably go with the GT1 package. Which is everything highlighted.

I'm asking if the reason there's no punctuation in your posts is because you used it all to paint the car.

Lol no there's no punctuation because I'm at work and i don't really care it's a post on Veeky Forums not a book report or something

D-, see me after this thread

Kek you mother fucker nearly made me spit my drink out when i read that

New car:
Wrap it.
Old car:
Paint it.

That makes pretty good sense i personally paint my cars cause i have access to the shop and my tools and get the product at wholesale price through the shop (pic related painted my yeti coffee cup with high end paint cause i was bored and had abit left over)

Actually it's artic but whatever

Spit out a few commas and full stops after you read this one.

Perhaps this color?

Exactly this, if you're going to wrap, you might as well go big and do this.

It's more than that.

i don't mind wraps too much
the flamboyant colors tho
makes me want to attack the car

This holographic wrap is very difficult to use
It BARELY stretches or shrinks, so tight compound curves are a pain in the ass if they can even be done with one go

Chrome looks fine on the right car but it takes a lot of work to find the right application for it.

>having dudebros dismantle your brand new car body panel by body panel so you can put a tacky $2500 wrap on.

Enjoy having the car rattle forever.

It creates a warped look due to color differences, all of the color combos you've posted so far look like AIDS, and the shine isn't there.

That’s not at all how it works, faggot. Nothing has to be taken apart except maybe door handles and odd mirrors.

That’s because it’s matte. Not chrome. Fuck off.

They look like cheap shit. I don't think anyone is "afraid" of that, that's just the way it is. You've been looking at overexposed tiny pictures of them on instagram. If you spend more than a minute looking at a wrapped car up close you'll see flaws everywhere (not to mention they just look terrible in general because they have no depth).

so """""""copper""""""

> overexposed tiny pictures... on instagram
> see flaws
> no depth
I don’t look at cars on instagram. I post pics on Instagram ever so often. That’s about it. And there won’t be flaws if their is no flaws in the car’s paint/clearcoat and of the wrap is installed properly. And what the fuck are you talking about “depth”. Paint and wraps don’t have fucking depth. Fuck off outta here.

It’s rose gold. You could hmjyst call it a pink color.

I'd like to wrap my car using 3M's gloss flip deep space, but I can't justify paying so much money to look like a faggot.

When you wrap your car to a different color than the original, do you have to report that to insurance or registration?