*activates hidden sports mode*

>*activates hidden sports mode*
heh... nothin personnel... kid....

N-N-Nani..?!

o my wha

>everyone laughing at this will be eating crow in 15 years

I work as a computer vision engineer. Lots of what I do benefits autonomous driving.

Guess what doesn't work with a semi or a full autonomous car? A fully manual transmission. If the computer can't shift, it's next to useless.

Once the govt makes the "take over fully" features mandatory, manual transmission will literally be illegal unless in something like the OP pic where the computer can take over in an auto mode while the driver can have fun in manual.

You guys lack forward thinking. Want manuals indefinitely? Encourage this type of experimentation.

this guy knows whats up

The h pattern doesn't make the manual, numbnuts.

>just like muh guns the gubamint will have to pry my manual shitbox from my cold dead hands

Seconded. It seems to be pretty similar to the concept used in Alfa a while back - Selespeed. It was manual transmission with automation. I just hope it'll be more reliable.

>government will ban manual
I'd like to see them try

>he doesn't want manual

>when someone cuts you off so you launch torpedoes at them

how about we discourage "take over fully" features being mandated instead of rolling over like cucks and letting people who want to play mommy to every human being alive today fuck us in the ass with an oversized strapon?

>Want manuals indefinitely?

Yes.

am i being an idiot? i can't find any pictures of this when i search google, just concept interiors

Does this thing even have a clutch pedal?

>Once the govt makes the "take over fully" features mandatory,

Ow! My sides!

look at the buttons on the dash
P, R, N
that shifter only moves in two directions
forward and back

>personnel
It's personal....

this website has an age restriction

your summer visit is over. leave.

>be driving whatever the fuck that is
>freind in passenger seat
>pull up to traffic lights next to subaru
>lock eyes with suparu fag
>freind says"what are you doing you cant beat him in this?"
>flip open gear stick
>"hang on tight bro"
>lights turn green
>both cars launch
>subaru takes the lead immediatly
>"hear we go!"
>push sport mode button
>me and freind brace for facemelting acceleration
>steering gets slightly more sensitive and traction control turns itself off
>freind - "told you"
>suddenly subarus engine and transmission explode and i over take him

>exactly as planned

i have idea
>electric car with five nested motors linked of increasing kW linked to the same output shaft per driven wheel
>clutch in, select 1, first set of motors in each wheel are mechanically engaged
>clutch in, motors disengaged, wheels roll free, select 2, second set engage, etc.
>downshifting is electrical regeneration like braking

what?

Sounds incredibly heavy my friend. Also why?

why would you ever use anything less that all 5 motors at once?

For the enthusiasm

This is the dumbest shit I've read in a while

>thinking the gear shifter makes it a manual
>not the clutch

Autofag detected

>crock of poser bullshit intensifies

>2030
>m8 ask me if he can store his car with me for a couple of months while he's abroad
>no worries I'll run it once a fortnight 4u
>2 weeks pass
>jump in car
>it's has a weird third pedal
>Google™ it
>Intel inside™ googsoft pc informs the police about deeply concerning search
>get on the ground, fucko
>Brb serving 20years for possession of illegal gearbox

>that shifter only moves in two directions

?

Hold up, there's prndl right under the dash but the gear stick says it's a6 speed what's going on

You can hit D and be automatic, which disengages the manual aspect, or you can hit M and shift like a normal stick

What don't you get

Had a bonus thought... would be neat for the lever to be retractable, would stow away in automatic mode and then rise like a car boner once M engaged

If this is possible I demand for the stick to be made like this fuckin thing so it makes a loud twang sound and waggles as it pops out.

>wonder what car this is from

EWWWWWWW

how did you even come to this conclusion? wrong.

just reverse image search dipshit

Is in it a power button to turn on the car or something??? If its sport mode why don they just put it with the button on top where the prndm are, or just do it like all the rest and move the shifter sideways or something. Looks kind of stupid unless it activates 100hp bottle of nos in the trunk.

>"DANGER! - Sets traction control to Low for 10 seconds"

My nigga how about you just rethink your life

>what's going on

Fake manual shift. It's like paddle shifters or manual mode on some automatics. Except that you select which gear you want to go into by the position of the stick.

*throws a big rock into your self driving car*

>electric car
stopped reading there

It's not from that car you retard

But there's literally no reason to use any motor but the one with highest power.
You can't stall an electric motor and torque is instant.