/domg/ - Dominions General

/domg/ - Dominions General Anonymous 06/20/17(Tue)18:04:12 No.180305063▶>Troubadour edition
>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Our pastebin (Don't bother reading this right now, it needs an overhaul)
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (memebed) (memebed) (memebed)

>Dom4 Inspector
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Noob questions answered that you didn't think to ask
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0

>Debugger guide and download
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453&highlight=debug

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing
Previous Pantokrator:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13256998
strawpoll.me/13256988
youtube.com/watch?v=8yyAgk9der4
steamcommunity.com/app/259060/discussions/0/2592234299529472673/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

rip literally as I was solving captcha to post the new thread notification this died

also I haven't made /domg/ before so I hope I got it exactly right. I know I did.

Agartha, let's not collide at 138, please.

>EA Rus
>Allegedly called Sons of Heaven
I was under an impression it was supposed to be a Kalevala inspired faction but that doesn't ring any bells about Kalevala for me. I wonder what the fluff is like.

The plot thickens.

Basically, this is what Malakal needs to win. And he already has 3 out of 6 thrones in his territory.

The original Agartha player had no idea how easy it was to throne rush.

>tfw you lose a turn of income because barbarians hit your entire cap ring at the same time

I didn't know barbarians had elf blood.

It's why their morale is so low. They know.

Lizard warriors?

Sure, it's yours. I'll be taking 132 next turn.

Sure thing famalam.

>tfw there is nothing anyone can do to stop Malakal from winning again

I guess if Kailasa pushes west they can hit that one throne? Which of the three southern ones does Yomi own?

Bumping with menes

It's dying!

We need stronger memes, doctor!

Hey Machaka. What's happening in 92 that needs so many elephants?

Every one of those clown units has a huge description. It must have taken ages.

Does any pretender other than awake snek even make sense for Bogarus? They kinda lack path depth, but early game risks feel just too high.

Hey Admin, can you put in a 6 hour delay por favor?

Virtue

Done.

Nah. Like, I get what it does and why it's helpful, but it's way too unreliable to expand with and will leave you significantly smaller than a boring ol ormr

>it depends

but also

>not taking f4 pretender and sitesearching for gems to mass firebirds

It's like you don't even play the game.

I've done massed firebirds and was unimpressed.

It's a fun meme, but it doesn't really pay for itself quickly.

I seem to remember someone doing math on firebirds that looksed way more impressive than actual in-game results.

Yeah, I dunno about that. It's really hard to estimate the value of events.

It's a huge gamble, but it has a larger payoff the longer the game goes. If you invest, say, 100 F gems in firebirds over the early/mid game (you have plenty of other paths to abuse) the positive events will make that investment back and some later on.

I mean, that's true, but turtle strategies in general aren't great. Bogarus doesn't need help in the late game when it's got all its blood and communion murdersquads online, it needs help in the early-midgame where having more research and spending gems on fire elementals is more useful.

Vote for the new experimental game with a turn limit that's ought to solve all late-game problems*

*Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB

Turn Limit: strawpoll.me/13256988

Those who voted for 100+ turns, please revote. It's an obvious joke option.

huh

well then

Told you so.

Holy SHIT I feel so dumb.

>using zotz
ahaha

Oh boy!

But to be honest you had 50 longdead horsemen from PD

But yeah, still you rekt him.

Where do I vote for the map-has-only-capitals setting?

Was just about to post this. In my defense you have a disgusting amount of PD horsemen.

In the next US presidential elections.

youtube.com/watch?v=8yyAgk9der4

Does it mean that Agartha has no main army now? Asking for a friend.

>who won the arena death match in the name of winning

To be fair I cant really afford not to attack you when you are so close. So now all I can do is keep going in the hopes that someone else decides to dogpile on you.
I can make another one that size in a couple of turns thanks to free forts. Moving them is the real bother.

Wrong pd.

just got this game in the summer sale. is there a way to move units from one area to another without a leader?

Nope.

>not using zotz
Probably the most game changing indie pop out there

>tfw vote LA and and 100+ turns to shit up a game i'm not gonna be in

100+ votes won't be counted anyway, and some anons legit wanted LA.

If it's LA and a resonable 50-70 turn limit I might join as Jomon

From now on I'll always attack diplomatic monsters after the first message they send me that's more than "Hi", I encourage you all to do the same.

what about salva

steamcommunity.com/app/259060/discussions/0/2592234299529472673/

What about him? I don't know who he is.

Is he they guy who malakaled Malakal via steam chat?

He is a genius diplomancer and tactician

Yes.

???

Why does it look like it's CoE instead of Dom4?

Because that's the Dom5 text box.

Aren't you in the Beta?

>Dom 5

He isn't in the beta

You slowpoke, I'm already in the alpha of Dom6, that's what I meant.

Fucking normies.

oh hey I drew that cool

>backstabbing the only player trying to remove Ermor

You are a living meme.

Hey man, I like winning games

Yeah, sure, I should let Ermor take his cap instead.

Fuck you, Ermor.

>Ermor barely defends its capital
>>Agartha being in any danger of losing his
>>>baiting this hard

Ah, you're Agartha. That explains it.

You know there's another way to stop Ermor from taking his cap, right?

Yes, but I don't border Ermor :^)

Actually I am agartha.
This might be a radical idea but have you considered attacking ermor instead? His huge pd caught me off guard but he still doesnt have that much in the way of an army. Other than a couple squads of skeletons basically his entire army is on his cap. Yeah I lost a bunch of guys but the only mages I lost were some earth readers and bats and about a third of my losses were zots.

Also I got a free fort a couple turns ago and have enough cash to crank guys out of that while recruiting a full compliment of sacreds and two mages a turn while ermor still has no forts.

Also if anyone does manage to take them out they are free to have his cap and the death gems in it. I wanted to do some bullshit underwater and ermor being so close to me fucked that up for me.

Hey admin I thought I would have time to do my turn this morning, but I do not. Could I get a 12 hour extension?

Sure thing. Postponed.

Quick someone post memes.

LIVE

Ys, I'm fine with you having provinces you took from me if you stay out, but I can see those guys you have in our borders and I would prefer them not being there.

Which nation are you? Asking for a friend.

I know that guy!

It's an awful pretender chasis like most of the titans

t. Mr T.

Right, global messages for the turn.

Pangaea claimed the Throne of the First Age, and sent this message along with it.

Patala hits us with a simple message. I hope they're right.

Yeah, uhh, that's great and all, but can someone backstab birds? It's not like you're gonna enjoy if they get my capital and all the deadlands for themselves.

And Xibalba throws out another south american myth.

>earlier post of god for a thread of autists that seem to pride themselves on thinking it sure seems to be populated by a bunch of literal retards
>responses abloo bloo its meme we're not really going to stupidly fault in that way we would never be that dumb AGAIN
>about to be that dumb again
/domg/....

t. Malakal

Considering he's basically already thronerushing (as evident from ), it's gonna be amusing to watch those people making up excuses when he wins.

His attack on Sauro's throne failed though, and I'm pretty sure Sauro can kick him off that throne if he tries hard enough.

>there are literally people in this thread considering backstabbing Little Argartha while he tries to remove Ermor

>there are literally people in this thread who would rather improve their position by taking another capital than enter a pointless war of attrition when Ermor is already contained

t. Stool Cory

It własny a backstab nor an attack on me, it was a misscommunication in which we both attacked fomorian province
i hope i wont break the NAP

>there are literally people in this thread that want to break Ermor's containment