/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- SPLATOON 2 COMES OUT JULY 21!
- Deadbeat won the splatoon 2 inkling invitational
- New weapons have been revealed to the public all of them are going to be shown at the E3 exhibition matches!
- New gear abilities are coming to splatoon 2 details: splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/161734047139/in-the-upcoming-splatoon-2-world-inkling#notes
- New trailer has been released showing off Splatoon 2's single player campaign.
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> Discord
- discord.gg/b5nap3v

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CufqvaMqCBo
imgur.com/a/HqQvZ
youtu.be/zDdF7a8Wa74?t=34m2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sex with Marie!

Friends with Octolings!

>Love | Money

Seems a bit unreasonable to bring back every single weapon and stage IMO. I'd have gone with the classic stages like Walleye, Saltspray and Urchin

As for weapons I think they will onyl have one version so no 3 version of a weapon like Slosher, Deco and Soda for example

Thanks OP.

Damn, both last page. Bump

why does no one want to discuss things. Countdowns, waifu posting and octo baiting aren't enough. I find it hard to believe we've discussed everything revealed to death

meant to quote

I really enjoyed my time with the Dualies in the Testfire, but during the e3 tournament we hardly saw any. Why is this?

people probably weren't used to their mechanics and so stuck with the old favourites. This is why new weapons are better for a sequel but I expect people will get used to them and they'll find their niche

And you guys thought she was cute before

too comfy and too cute. hngg

at least we’re not getting all the old abilities. That shit was cancer.

The only one's confirmed gone are:
>Quick respawn's old mechanics and possibly the ability to stack it
>universal damage up
>universal defence up
>special duration up
>bomb range up

Everything else is up in the air

1 kit per weapon will be shit, though. In Splat1 you always had different options for every playstyle, skill level and preferred main weapon. Some were underperforming, but if you are good with, say, Slosher, but you want yourself an Inkzooka- there's Soda that'll do you better with than with Tentakek or something.

and yet no Slosher's had killer wail, sprinkler or suction bomb in Splatoon. you can't please everyone and I think every weapon from Splatoon plus variants plus new weapons plus their variants is starting to be a bit too much choice not to mention taking forever to unlock every last one of them

And that’s good enough for me. By removing damage, defense, quick respawn, and all the old specials, they have made me a happy camper.

I can see some of the new specials being annoying but not as annoying as panic specials, unreasonable zoning ability on certain stages and modes with wails and finally invincibility on the Tower

Continued. Overwatch and TF2 have a big problem- if you're good with someone, you're only good for their role. You can't support with Scout, for example, or have a Scout that plays differently. Splatoon? You have an Aerospray that infiltrates, an Aerospray that inks and Aerospray that pops a gazillion krakens a game. Don't like Aero but want to be a sneaky-ass ass? Octo or Tri-Nouveau will do. Want something with more risk and more reward? 52 Deco or Neo Splash are up your alley. It makes it much easier for a player to diversify than in other "class" shooters.

they need to just let us choose our own loadout. I hope that Annie's new role as weapon customiser has us putting skins on the weapons that allow the kit to be identifiable at a glance but I wouldn't mind losing the ability to do that

They obviously can't have all the kits, but there were three Sloshers with three entirely different roles and playstyles- aggressive Slosher, tank Deco and balanced Soda. Quirky Splattershot, balanced Tentatek and its more aggressive but still balanced cousin Wasabi. Support Range, assault CRB and key target elimonator Grim. Support H3, kamikaze H3D and tank Cherry. Every main has ways to diversify.

You want Splash Wall Splashdown Dynamo? I don't. Besides, they wouldn't announce the kits if changing them was the case.

It's great but really I would rather have a fourth type of Slosher than having 3 variants of the default

Slosher is easy, though, its skill ceiling is pretty low. Say, if something like Sloshing Machine gets a rare kit, some people start "maining" it- without a second kit it can only fill a very limited array of roles, so the player will have to either learn something entirely different for twice the effort or be a very one-sided player. If it gets a common kit, though, nobody uses it at all because why even bother with something unique with high skill ceiling when you can pick up a bog standard shooter that fills the same role?

Splash down could be a panic special

Depends if it makes you untargetable during it, even if not it's still pretty similar

I'm pretty sure you can be killed any time before you actually splash down so it can be countered by a good player rather than wait it out or try and push them away with unreliable knockback

What do you think of the new Wet Floor song?

youtube.com/watch?v=CufqvaMqCBo

Really Wets my Floor

Matches the direction they were going with the music with the newer bands but I think it's doesn't hold a candle to early Splatoon music

Tower Records Splatoon event. Literally tons of stuff, merch galore.
imgur.com/a/HqQvZ

Imagine being this unfresh.

Reposting in case that user has not seen the draw yet.

>using a octobrush in a fucking tourney

What were they thinking? Was there no carbon roller/luna blaster available? Octobrush is not a good weapon for high level play.

are you the same drawanon who did the red sketches in the other thread?

Yeah. Sorry about the colour, it's placebo. Why do you ask?

You are correct.
youtu.be/zDdF7a8Wa74?t=34m2s

so is anyone gonna miss their favorite weapon kit?, since a lot of them are getting a new sub+special kit

i just hope i get a charger+sprinkler kit, thats all i want i don't care what special it gets, all of them seem good imo

I just want the Luna Blaster back to some capacity, I know it was meant to be used for tower control and just that but shit man it was so much fun to use. Plus with the mine buffs it'd be fuckin amazing

I hope that one of the splash-o-matics gets a burst bomb, or else I'm fucked.

burst bomb bucket is something I'll miss but Soda Slosher taught me not to rely on burst bombs too much. I think the ink hungry man and sub combo will take some getting used to

I can understand no damage up but no defense up seems like a screwy decision
damage up was only used by snipers for quicker kills and to cancel out opposing defense boosts
but defense up could be used with any set and was useful in any context

tldr damage up was too situational to be very useful, while defense up is one of the more versatile perks

When are we going to see more Switches in the U.S? I'm starting to get itchy feet here. I have the cash but I'm worried they will sell out in minutes like in Japan.

you can always import from other countries, if they have them
all switches are the same thanks to nintendo's region-free decision

I don't want to pay import fees and scalper prices. I'm more just shocked that the splatoon switch has not been officially announced yet for the west.

I specifically asked about red as to distinguish your drawings from the other anons. I just REALLY like your style is all.

>tfw getting proper Splatoon Switch bundle outside Japan fucking never
And Im not even counting Yurope one cause thats just normal red/blue one with download code, at that point its really better to get that empty Jap box for 5 bucks

I doubt it would take much for it to come to the US, but all things considered it seems like its just a scheduling and distribution thing

but as for imports and scalpers i think its largely a case by case basis; each seller of the system puts a different price on it, some smaller than others
its all a matter of waiting for the right one

You can get one now. You have to fight for it, but it's possible.

Craigslist and calling your local stores are probably your best options.

Nope. I won't miss any of them. I look forward to having to readjust to the new kits. I always enjoy change.

Thanks, man. I'm still learning so my art is very janky, but if you want anything drawn, I'll do. It really is good practice anyways.

Good

I want damage up for burst bomb + carbon roller combo. I also want some damage up (at least 1 main) for chargers. The real problem is defense up. Damage up isn't really a problem since they were going to kill you in 3 hits anyways however it does benefit some weapons like chargers.

>tfw no countdown woomy

:(

s-soon h-haha

Is anyone around to squad?

haven't played in 3 months

Damn, I shouldn't have even bothered.

That doesn't bother me. I'm just interested in playing.

If there isn't H3 with point sensors, I'll be very angry, I love playing Carbon with it. Burst cancelling point sensors and blasting whoever got echoed point blank is my signature move.

You really will? Well, i've attached an image of my squid so feel free to do that if you'd like.

Add Yulwei I'll be on shortly

Not him, but if you want another squid to draw please give this one a try.

I have you already, so I'll host the lobby.

one hundred and thousand million gorillion years in mspaint
hope this will suffice for now

don't expect anything amazing. I'm ultra rusty

Please don't worry about it. I haven't played ranked in a long time myself.

proud of you, user

i woudn't mind if you could give a try to mine, so far the sketches look fantastic im surprised you took so little time to draw them

Good user.

See? You did great. That wasn't one of those Japanese death squads but it still counts.

How long until Woomymania?

RIP

I need to adjust my sensitivity I'll be back

Sure thing. Really, I don't mind if we lose every match so don't feel defeated. We'll just keep trying our best and have fun.

I tried to give you that bubble but it wouldn't stick to you for some reason.

it's alright I'm being too kamikaze but the reflexes aren't back yet

Oh man I thought we had that one.

They just wouldn't die

Which you listen to!?

Will do when my hands are less weak, exercising is horrible

Such is life on the rig.

Take your time. Are you stretching them so they don't get hurt?

Sorry about the Killer Wail

Haha it's no problem. I thought you needed some help but it was funny to see it already in progress as I jump.

take your time, also thanks for doing this!

>listen to dumb /mu/tier obscurist rock shit
When will I grow out of being a manchild

You overestimate me, I literally just took an hour walk. The countryside is very boring and it's too hot.

No problem. Thank you, too.

That must be some power walk you do if you swing your arms/hands enough from walking. Unless you're walking on your hands.

Sorry that one was a mess.

I appreciate it, a lot. No hurry. Thank you!

NAISU!!

Finally we got a comeback!

Nice teamwork

Which one? I already don't remember. Not the one on warehouse were we got annihilated, right?

we won one on warehouse. I was hiding behind their sniper perch most of the game

Ah very nice.This team was pretty good with their pincer attack to cover the center and box us in.

I'm playing for fun now

Don't not be having fun on my account Sorry, my gamepad died on me.