/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 24: Armed Forces Day in the United Kingdom
1509 – Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon are crowned King and Queen of England.
1571 – Spanish conquistador Miguel López de Legazpi established a council to govern the city of Manila (Manila Cathedral pictured), now the capital of the Philippines.
1717 – The first Masonic Grand Lodge, the Premier Grand Lodge of England, was founded in London.
1793 – The first Republican constitution in France is adopted.
1950 – Apartheid: In South Africa, the Group Areas Act formally segregating races is passed.

# News
CK2 DD 19/06
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1030752
EU4 DD 20/06
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1031010/

# Random Country Picker
>randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.0
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.2
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o6NvUC52kEA
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_GzZtr8t_S0dUVtZ0ljRzRSa0U/view
discord.gg/z3cVh
32ch.org/gsg/
youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY&t=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Willy

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Reminder to encourage shitposting and yeehaw La Plata posting

hm

literally on the verge of a mental breakdown

W&B

might do a suicide

youtube.com/watch?v=o6NvUC52kEA

Which is the best European borders?

1/2?

drive.google.com/file/d/0B_GzZtr8t_S0dUVtZ0ljRzRSa0U/view

Danish megacampaign part 3 is out!

271 pages, holly molly!

2/2?

report and ignore this *grabs crotch*

im glad I will never be this autistic

Jesus fucking christ

Are we done with all the sekrit-club drama yet or are "those" people still here?

>potential jihadists
he is not wrong you know? every single muslim fuck is ready to go out in a bang just because he was told of virgins

what did he mean by that

you think this is reddit or something we all agree with him here

treddit

Do we?

*keks at a sjw*

fk u got me
>unleashing communism on sandcoons
man i hate them too but this is just cruel

I don't, he should've saved the money and bought a machine gun instead, the maintenance on the helicopter and resupplying every week or so will take its toll after a while

kek..m8..unironic..wew..lad..

KEK

post johans

praise kek gooks

GAS THE KIKES
RACE WAR NOW

if I was a jihadist I would think twice going into a country that has an attack helicopter

imagine how based a tankie stalinist USA would be

>no wall street
>no hillarys or bernies

based

Remove goy4 from the infopic right now or this parrot gets it

my ebin byzantiums
finally gonna break that godawful franco-ottoman alliance

based as fuark

Alright, that's it.

I'm sick and tired of this fucking joke. You think this is fucking funny? You don't realize this could be triggering to some people?! Well, let me tell you a a thing then.

Each time. Every single time I see this bastard's fucking face, I get the worst panic attack you can imagine. That's right, I can't breathe. When he raised the games prices on steam I almost died. I have a past, a past that I'm not gonna elaborate on this imageboard. I have nightmares about this sick fuck.

But no, this is just another funny joke, right?! No, it's not! I'm sick of this.

If you insist on using his picture, at least make a trigger warning and put a spoiler on his picture.

This is not ok.

oh GOD

>ah the price increase has been reported very nice

Is it Jewhan memeing time lads

I'm not a fan of Paradox and their shitty DLC policy either, but it's kind of a joke watching people on the steam page of EU4 hit "not recommended" with 1,200-2,100 hours on record.

>HOI IV
Wew, lad.

>no mention of his holocaust denial

they're just walking back and forth in anatolia not while i move my troops away when he comes near
not even trying to unsiege the fort i got down or the war goal
going swimmingly, I just hope they won't ally france again afterwards

discord.gg/z3cVh

Finally...the OFFICIAL /gsg/ Discord is here. Join now.

>the OFFICIAL /gsg/ Discord
Fuck off lad

why are you defying me. stupid fucking kid

Im thinking about starting another eu4 run is Prussia really that op? all ive ever done is play as the ottomans. Might be a nice change of place to play something other than kebab

I just went to CK2 and EU4 steam page and saw all the bad recent review getting spammed about Paradox DLC policies. Is it an organized raid, what happened exactly?

people wisened up to their jewish ways

With the welfare policy setting minimum social spending for parties, and making parties beyond the 3 starting ones more varied, I moved for the changes in Health Care and Education reforms.

All bonuses were halved, and the other half comes if these sectors are properly funded. Witch each passing reform, the minimum funding increases (by 10%) until the last reforms, which require both a 50% funding at least.
This means that neglecting spending in these sectors will still net a base bonus, that can be doubled with the proper funding.

I've been considering a small bonus for perfect education/administration funding, maybe including social funding, with a small pop growth and education bonus associated with it.
That way there's some incentive to focus more on spending money on improving your pops lives and having your nation flourish.

The other thing tackled was the problem that at high literacy, you could just cut all education funding and nothing would happen, ever. Literacy would always grow, albeit slowly, but there were no consequences.

So now nations with more than one state, more than 1 million pops and more than 75% average literacy that don't invest at least 30% in education will slowly start losing literacy (the actual value is -100% for education efficiency, since any value below still didn't drain literacy).

Good then, It's never too late.

Reading this right, if I have Good Health Care and admin spending at 100%, I'll get the +.08% pop growth?

Do that limiter (the one on tax and tariff) appear on subsidies when we pass all social reform?

32ch.org/gsg/
32ch.org/gsg/
32ch.org/gsg/

NEW GSG

>below

you mean above

I'm getting nationalism from my own accepted pops, is this a bug?

Yep.

If you have 50% it will be enough for that. I'm thinking of increasing it to .09 or .10 at 100%, as a bonus, with the last reform.

What limiter? I'm not sure I get what you are asking.

Yeah thanks, I mean above.

No, recently conquered pops get that for a few years. Even yours.

Now I will be off for a couple of hours. Next thing to do is a shortlist of quick stuff (suggestions) that will make in the next version, then move to China and test/release.

How this would work in real life?

Yea go for it. Play as brandenburg or if you're not a pussy play as the teutons

just do a totalist syndie run of CSA in kaiserreich

Refer to this image

Probably something a bit like Assad's Syria or Saddam's Iraq. A secular regime that still has islam as a core value, but not as THE guiding principle.

Who ends up leading that, and does it have good old fashioned American patriotism?

I doubt it would be anything like Ba'athism, as that advocates nationalism and keeping Islam (just secularised)

Commies would probably just burn down the mosques and the people in them like the reds did in Spain with churches, and move "problem populations" to different areas, so you'd see Sudanese Khuzestan, Kurdish Niger, Malian Anatolia.

Commies truly are fucking retarded.

While playing Attila as the WRE the ERE offered to be my puppet at turn 30 and offerred a whole lot of money too. I'm playing very hard.
Is this shit intentional?
It is hard to earn money and this seemed very unconventional. Should I accept it? Or is this cheating?

For the first couple of years in power, yeah, but then they learn their ideology can't really work in the way they envisioned it so they become pragmatic left-wing nationalists, just see the USSR or the PRC.

>Even yours.

This is what I get for liberating my people then

You mean for the first decade, until an absolute madman realises the policies enforced by the (((international clique))) are bringing it to ruin, so reforms it to be somewhat workable.

100% this except on the religion thing. Cucking yourself out to a man in a funny hat who got his power from a forged document is retarded.

i think this might be not the correct thread my dude

shid this isn't the total war general my bad

Pretty much, which is why when I say 'communism is based' I mean it in its post-Lenin or modern PRC variant where its basically left-wing nationalism and what I think communism would become in whatever country gets it. It would be either that or a complete collapse of the system. Trying to shit on centuries of culture and history that the country you took over has is fucking retarded when the workers that are your main ideological base are pretty nationalistic themselves.

>modern PRC variant
PRC is almost more market/capitalist than the US at this point

If your ideology depends on someone dismembering another ideology to take out all the bad parts why not just be Fascist?

fuck, i'm wet
post pops

>its a nerds with no interests outside of computer games and talking about "ideologies" in videogame language episode
Yawn!

Yes but in a way that benefits China, not Wall Street international capital. Absolutely nothing wrong with capitalism, as long as the nation benefits from it and not a set of international cosmopolitan bourgeois.

Well I'm not a commie myself, I'm a plain patriot, but in the 20th century this was a feasible thing, now? Fascism is so fucking stigmatized it has no chance of coming back. And no, fuck the alt-right and its LARPing, they're basically cringeworthy millennials that are equally as bad as the other memespouting Berniebot cringeworthy millennials.

Lad, fix this.

mhmmm oh yeah dude im a post-strasserist corporatist neo-nationalist bro if i ruled the country it would get an extra +2.5 prestige and +10% defense against degeneracy and immigration dudes woooaah oh yeah

>alt-right
>not controlled opposition
le pepe kek build wall more jobs stop regulations okay rex tillerson is a good guy

Face it, laddo, what you want is called fascism, and is about as likely to actually be implemented in the modern day as Stalinism.

hmmmm very interesting sir..but I am a Believer in the Words of Milo and Sargon...I am a Free Speech Loving Moderate Libertarian and my hobbies include playing overwatch, internet Debate, and jerking off to lolicon

Well that has a lot more to do with Chinese culture than it has to do with the system itself. The internationalist system of capitalism is the result of English imperialism disguising itself as "liberalism" enacting "free trade" by conquering countries (much of Africa) or destabilizing them (unification of Italy)

It's a bit of a tragedy as some of the most important figures of 19th century liberalism were forgotten immediately after they got the corn laws repealed. Everyone remembers Cobden then, but few remember when he was saying that the Empire would fuck everyone up.

ya finna fucking cucks scared of me?

youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY&t=

>Not posting the video

uhhhhhhhh yeah bros but if we enacted Libertarian Neo-Hitlerist Monarchism it would remove all kekbab and degeneracy in this society and give us free casus beli on MittelEuropa

I think it has to do with that people need a guiding hand to prevent the collapse of collectivism into this individualistic mess that we have today. Perhaps one point in communism's favour is that it supports collectivism.

>alt shit
>controlled at all
granted should they start having any kind of pull they will be taken over by the ciansafbi

If fascism or Stalinism were to successfully make a comeback, it wouldn't be calling itself either.

>he wrote a foreword to his aar
now THIS is autism

>writes 271 pages
>there's a typo in the third sentence
what a massive waste of time

jesus christ what the fuck

>like AAR's
>hate reading super dense historical fanfiction
>love Paradox games
Is there anyway to not be fucked with this combo?