/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

Stuck in Queue Edition

Network difficulties due to "DDoS":
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/dd506077db314182ddc2dc15b1d033d72da5630c

An update regarding the status of congested Worlds: sqex.to/Zns

An update regarding resolutions for the instance roadblock and 90k errors on the NA data center: sqex.to/9J2

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/XrCg42ub

Last time on /xivg/:

What is the best new gathering rotation guide for collectables?

Xth for Adelais/Yunnyy needing to take his meds

3rd for Tank queues.

What's the best profession for profit RN?

epperson gets off to mutilated kids

xth for garleans

>middle of a cut-scene
>90002

Glad its still somewhat early morning
Only 21 people in que

Dont play PLD!

The perfect girl doesn't exi...

*am snek and standing idle in position*

Some of these animations in SB really bug me. Luckily the story has been fun so far.

Poopy tank queues

xth for I want to step on Zenos

>when zenos pulls her hair

more of this PLEASE

>people think zenos or yotsuyu are good characters

reminder that Zenos is the worst villain in this game so far
katana weeb who did everything for muh challenge I want to feel something, Gaius died for this nonsense

>this is your average XIV player
Why are people so dumb allowed to exist? It's like asking if you die if you stop breathing holy shit

Zenos wasn't a great character, but I enjoyed his being there. The fact that he introduced literal Naruto eyes to the story and had a rampant, seemingly pointless murder streak was entertaining. Garleans are hilariously incompetent.

shes a walking trope and a terrible character, i just want to make her my doggy

People like yotsuyu because they wanna have a girl absolutely demolish their humiliation fetish.
Personally I think she just looks like some generic shitty azn hyur

They are fun. Both of them. Maybe not good, but they are very entertaining.

FINALLY HOLY CRAP

>people are being contrarian on Veeky Forums

>Gaius died for this nonsense
The only literal sane man in the Empire.

Do any sidequests affect the availability of sidequests in other zones? Im 63 almost 64 still on lv 61 story quests, i want to skip some of these quests and save them for another job but i dint want to miss out on xp i might need later

I really wish he had not died. RIP.

there was a handful of sidequests that were like "hey i heard you know this dude, can you get him to help"

When you make characters that hot and then make them cater to fetishes too no one is going to care about background.

excuse me??

I just hated Zenos and his introduction, they made the fucking warrior of light a nobody compared to him for the longest time and it irked the fuck out of me

Exactly.

careful with the spoilers boys

to be fair, he outlvl'd us by 10 lvls :^)

>boost pld to 60

should i do it?

>start queuing for duty roulette while doing MSQ
>half way through level 68, and not even done with level 67 quests yet

user had the right idea.

i did it and im having a blast

Power level it with tank queues so you aren't dropping spaghetti all over your unfortunate party members.

It's just so painful at low levels

Got a drk and war maxed already so hopefully no spaghetti. maybe.

Come to Mateus!

>Lyse still has Touch of Death
Fuck them I want it back as well!

Help? I've been trying to get the aether current in the Steppes, but the one circled isn't showing up for me. At first I thought it was an error, but it's not the only person who says it's here. I'm standing on the spot and it's just not there, and I've never gotten it before.

>Kugane castle ninjas still have kiss of the viper

I did make an alt on Mateus

I am a healer and some dude tried to follow me to every quest I was doing

shit felt weird yo

It's inside the cave. You have to keep going down until you reach the side of it, and there you'll find the cave with the current on a rock

its in a cave

I'm pretty sure it's in a cave or something

Join the linkshell!

which one? I don't usually browse these threads

xivg Mateus ls

Is there actually an rp community on mateus, or am I being memed

You are just being memed on.

You aren't being memed on.

How are Excalibar, Leviathan and Adamantoise?

Yeah, Japan has a lot to be proud of in regards to their culture, but their swords aren't exactly high on the list. I wouldn't even agree that it's a terribly stylish weapon. The fetish that people have for the katana is stupid.

People are trying but we all know the second Balmung opens up all those people will disappear

>Balmung opens up
Never ever.

No one lives on Excalibur, piss off kupo

The most I learn about Gaius the more I regret killing him. Like, he's literally the only reason the entire continent isn't just a barren wasteland- the Empire had literally created an engineered plague with the intent of killing off Eorzea but Gaius stopped them from using it. Holy shit. Shoulda left him alive and put HIM in charge of the Empire. All this shit with Zenos and Yotsuyu would have never happened in the first place.

Any tank or healer on Aether who can help me do Bardam's Mettle?

>Japan has a lot to be proud of in regards to their culture

They really don't.

Finally got enough of that stuff to buy the Tamano Headband, I was told I could buy it in Rhalgars Reach. I'm having trouble finding anyone to trade with. I see some traders but they won't deal with me. What am I missing?

Have you completed the MSQ?

Yotsuyu was a dreadful character and her arrogance was better portrayed by Sadu, who was an incredibly minor story NPC and still did it better. I like Zenos, though. I like anyone who reasons against just killing Shinryu
Best story NPCs for 4.0 are Sadu, Cirina, Hien, Gotetsu, Alisaie and Yugiri
Gaius is still one of the best characters in the game. Regula was really good, too, but a lot of what made Regula good were qualities he shared with Gaius.

Leviathan and Excalibur are both relatively large servers. Adamantoise is lower-mid pop.

It's honorable on its own given the continuity it shows, though that could be said for the entirety of asia
Meanwhile the western world just bends over to whatever flavour of the century meme religion / political ideology fad and deletes everything it created in the previous periods to cater to the new cultural memes

Gief name

What's the fastest way to level nowadays 1-60?
PotD still?

One mission off, DPS queues made me go do other things. Guess i'm make to that then.

>Japan has a lot to be proud of in regards to their culture
jej

How is Ninja at 70?

Gaius is even better if you were a Legacy character, you KNOW he is a Conquer, NOT a destroyer like Zenos is.

>those fucking long ass waiting times for MSQ dungeons

Just kill me, this shit is tedious as fuck

In all seriousness, i'm chillin at the moment. give me your name and i'll get back to you.
Or look in the pastebin.

Yeah sure, throw up a PF and tell me pass.

>run dun scaith for glamour
>raid wipes at first boss at the first black hole move
>then wipes at it a second time after the entire platform was covered in death tile
>boss wasn't even below 30% health
>vote abandon
How
It never happened before, not even when people were undergeared and farmed this to increase their ilvl
Most people were scaled down so their gear definitely wasn't the problem
What the fuck is going on

Find a Healer and suck their dick to party with you.

what server are you on?

>this from the country that literally outlawed their own history to better suck big western cock

Go to bed Japan, you aren't fooling anyone.

I'm not enjoying my PLD too much this expansion and was interested in trying a dps for once. Was trying to decide between RDM, MNK, and BRD. What are your guys opinion on those classes?

OH NO IT'S THE STAFF OF WEAKENING, MY ONLY WEAKNESS

RDM is good and BRD is essential for raids. MNK is shit now that SAM exists.

it says i need a security token to register a free destination?

what does this mean

RDM - Very fun mechanics, variable in what you can do, badass Artifact armor.
MNK - You are extremely strong in dps, sadly you have to suffer positional mechanics
BRD - The attack support everyone loves

Come to Mateus we will play with you!

it means you need to send SE some shekel to get a meme device that generates 1-time passwords everytime you press a buttan

>RDM
A bit too easy to play, but it's still a lot of fun and the melee combo is satisfying.
>BRD
Much smoother to play now than in HW, and will be in demand for raiding.
>MNK
Cuckshed job that is a shitty version of SAM.

I can't, cute anime girl, I'm at Omega. I'll just have to suffer alone.

Thanks user

Transfer to Mateus for free! Or make a new character here!

So guys, who do you think the Warring Triad equiv will be in SB

Penance, Kefka, Emerald Weapon?

what is that? and what do you do with it?

What level are you?
I can give you tank queues for everything 60 / pre-60
I didn't get far into SB though so I won't be able to do anything 60+

It's dangerous that the knife-eared fuck came up with that thing in the fly, considering it could theoretically depower you as well.

weapons sounds good

I'm 26.

Not that one, did you not read? Because the mhigger isn't used to that level of aether sensitivity it's just enough to overload her and cause her to reel back from a huge dose of aetheric sickness. It'd take a considerably higher amount to affect you.

I'll help you
Meet me at Horizon if you're available, I'm the armored giraffe waiting by the main gate

Even more so than your allies like Krile since you've been smacking Primals to shit so much that you've started to transcend normal existence if Thordan is correct.

which tank is the most fun right now?
I remember paladin being extremely boring due to being way to simple and not having any aoe, did they fix that?