Asymmetrical Slasher Series General /assg/

Butter Queen Edition

deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
Beta coming this August, Class based with weaker killers.
lastyearthegame.com

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/2741975115062342321/

>Latest Patch Notes (F13)
steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/12918172084960

Oh my God... is that a dead thread?!:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TMv471mUFg4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for DBD sucks ass

2nd for both games are shitty but still fun.

DbD is a quality product.

spoiler alert
they've secretly been the same game the whole time

>playing buggzy
>leading jason half the game
>hitting him with flares, bats etc
>get injured, eventually run out of first aid
>jump in and out of broken windows a bit more
>place trap strategically by open door
>lead jason to it, just about make it
>he is literally about to grab me
>die in it myself, denying him the kill
love this

dbd is better and less expensive...

>Be Tiff
>Juking and leading a tunneling Jason while literally everyone else is doing objectives
>They call the cops AND get a car running in the 4 minutes or so i'm leading Jason
>Everyone is either escaped or camping an exit
>Jason shitter FINALLY corners me in a cabin with no weapons, heals, or stuns
>Windows all broken
>I'm low on health as comes through the door
>Jump through broken window and kill myself to deny him XP
>Salty faggot Jason rage quits before the cops even show up

What do Jason players think is gonna happen if they just tunnel one person half the match?

>better
Subjective. I hate it's MLG-tier competitive wannabe tryhard gameplay. Any slasher game where the survivors shit on the killer is trash IMHO.

>less expensive
Only the base game. If you want all the killers it's gonna end up being the same price, not even including all the optional cosmetic shit.

I'll will grant the dbd has more content for that price, but I personally find the gameplay to be so lacking that F13 is the better alternative. Dbd just isn't for some people. F13 isn't for others.

I love resets

lets discuss Jason strategies and ways to buff him,
first thing I do into a game is trap the phone box and I think a good buff for him would be the trap map indicator being changed to be more visible.

eh I dont think he needs a buff

They need to nerf medic though its broken as fuck if they find heaps of sprays and play some retard like bugsy or vanessa

this so fucking much holy shit

Why does every screenshot of this game look like complete ass?

Thick skin and medic will only be broken once shift grabbed gets toned down. If that does get changed, I think they should definitely nerf both of those perks, and buff some of the complete shit ones, or just completely rework them by adding additional effects on top of their existing ones. Heavy Mover for instance makes you barricade doors faster which is frankly completely useless especially once Jason get rage. Maybe also buff drawer and door opening and closing speeds on top of barricading. Still kinda garbage but at least it would have a niche use for people wanting to quickly loot cabins.

Do you play PUBG by any means

No

Does this look like ass to you?

>that bulge

Bitch get on my level

Dead thread...

Last Year looks fun! :D

Starting to hate playing fridat with friends. They are becoming way too tryhard when they are Jason. Power is always cut in the first minute on most places. Traps by both cars/boat and phone. And they start turning off their mics and tunneling. I dont get it.

>shiftgrab choke everyone
>complain afterwards when no one wants them to be Jason again

I can do this!

>still nothing you can do to report people who sell you out to jason
>still nothing to stop people from team killing you
>over 50% of the game are mutes

The game devs are talking about making "excessive team killing" ban-able. is a melee system where you chop your team mates while saving them, the shot is more likely to kill than save and people can body block you and the car until you run them over.

MEANWHILE
people can hide with items, find the fuse and never take it too the fuse box, hide in the wood with the only battery or gas can. Hoard items and still try to play "STEALTH" game play fully unpunished and un-banned.

How the fuck do I gain more points in the boldness category without getting killed? I always have pretty full objective and survival, and depending on how much people are getting fucked, some altruism, but I never have any boldness.

Thank you based user, I was able to write my own scripts to fully automate all the button presses and I'm getting about 10k exp every match now because my timing isn't as optimized as it could be but that's fine by me as I can just leave the game open and go do something else entirely.

Break totems and hooks

Is breaking hooks a good use of the toolbox? It seems like a waste.

Also how do I bring myself to stop being a pussy and use items I don't have 4-5 copies of.

>Is breaking hooks a good use of the toolbox?

It is if you want risk free boldness points.

>Also how do I bring myself to stop being a pussy and use items I don't have 4-5 copies of.

Get Plunderer's Instinct and farm loot.

>Lachappa is always watching, he will always find you

Sogud

More info on new killer when?

>Play Jason like a scumbag
>Don't have any fun because of how lacking in depth Shift+M2/M1 is, warping out of a cabin a counselor just jumped out of for an easy kill, or how trivial combat is when I go into combat stance. Trapping all the objectives

>Play Jason like a killer
>Counselors outrun you, they all have pocket knives, and the objectives are all completed super quick

Trick is to trap the hell out of all the objectives, shift grab people just to eat their knives, and then kill them by grabbing them while in stalk. Doesn't work well on Packanack though, and that's usually where I am when I play Jason. Works best on Higgins.

>Use all traps on phonebox
>Play the game at my own speed

just trap the fuck out of the phone box and put pressure on the car areas.
I wish stalk was more effective but it just isn't it's too slow for an f13 game.

Stalk's only real value is for when you knock down the doors to large cabins, preferably the back door, and chase someone to that building and stalk+morph+shift into a hiding spot to grab them when they round the corner. It's a nice way to kill but it doesn't work well on Packanack.

I really want them to do a stealthy part 1 that's designed completely different to how Jason is now.

Something that can move fast and utilize effective stalks, and if people group up it gets some attack speed buff or whatever.
It's a shame part 1 never reached funding would of been nice to see if they would of just made it another 6ft walking tank like all the others.

That's how Pamela should play.

When the boat is life.

>Complaint is about playing as a scumbag is no fun
>The solution is to just play like a scumbag user!

>Trapping the phone means you suddenly can't have fun
What? I can have more fun because I don't have to worry about the fucking police

>pregnant
>Ms.
disgusting

Beginner level : sabotage and a few totems

Advanced level: learn to juke. If you can get chased for over a minute with palletstuns and losing him for short interwalls, and then even get away or get rescued, you have a full circle. Playing extremely stealthy you can still get to rank 1 easy, but you won't average high points if you go down a few seconds after being detected every time.

Ms. is neutral. She could be married.

this is my favorite meme
>Jasons who shift grab are scumbags
>Jasons who combat stance the door are scumbags
>Jasons who effectively use traps are scumbags
>Jasons who grab are scumbags
>Jasons who melee are scumbags
Can't wait until it literally becomes
>Jasons who kill me are scumbags

DbD is a better game for you user.

>not playing as tryhard
>3 players escape
>everyone says that you suck - blah blah blah

No, I think I'll try-hard thanks.

I want to make a document on changes to F13 and send it to Gun Media. Ability ideas for Tommy and Jason being able to pick-up bodies by the leg, drag them around and throw them through the windows.

But it would be a waste of time and the devs wouldn't read it.

>Roll a blue Heavy Hitter
>24% stun time increase
>1% stamina recharge rate decrease

>Roll an orange Heavy Hitter
>29% stun time increase
>10% stamina recharge rate decrease

Welp, seeya rare.

Throwing bodies through the windows is a great idea imo, I dunno why they didn't add this. It'd increase counselor's fear and startle the shit outta people. Jason also did do it with Rick's body in the movies so it's not like it's not canon.

I figure this is sooort of what they intended with the window enviro kill, but the problem is if you're grabbing the guy outside nobody wants to roleplay and wait for that guy's corpse to come flying through the glass, so they're already halfway out the windows by the time they hear "HGRK-"

They should give Jason an item system for unique one-time kill items like Kitchen Knives and hammers. So he can find these items, pick them up and use them as kills rather than pick-up strangle kills or something.

>Adam calls the cops in the first three minutes of the match and we wait in a corner of the woods together to prevent fear and protect each other
>cops arrive, Tommy meets us halfway through to the end and of course Jason is right by the exit
>we approach slowly in case he shifts until eventually we're close enough
>Adam misses with the wrench but I'm right there to stung Jason with the baseball bat
>Jason is on the ground and we're home free
>Tommy fucking shoots Adam
>don't have the heart to escape after failing to protect my bro and just let Jason kill me while tommy escapes

Because this game was already designed and made and they slapped a Jason skin over it once they got the rights.

Eh, the got the rights less than a year after they started their Kickstarter campaign. The game was in the most alpha of alpha states at that time.

That makes no sense though, that's something that happens in even z-list horror movies. Either they just kind of lapsed in thought or got it.

This game suffers from the same problems as evolved. A premade can rape jason and a pub game will be raped by Jason.

Dammed is truly the pinnacle of asym horrors design wise. which is funny considering it was a buggy piece of shit.

>game chooses a guy that left to be Tommy
>Tommy is now on the map but can't be interacted with at all
>game won't end

Lol Unbreakable on the console version of Dead by Daylight

Young Bill

>Tommy is now on the map but can't be interacted with at all
He can be, the jason needs to find and kill him
Bill is a PC exclusive, expect PS4 and Xbone exclusives in the future

>Aquanaut
>Easy Listening
>Whatever Ranger
>Forever

My see peeeeeee

>New players don't know about DH
Oh boy, I forgot about that...

>have spawn with the bat perk
>worked perfectly
>suddenly stops working
>okay I got that bug before I just need to reequip it in private lobby
>do that
>no effect
>equip other perks for one game, change to the slugger next game
>still have no bat

Being around Jason already increases your fear by a fuck-ton

>Soap becoming a hag master

Same happened to spawining with firecrakers. It used to work, now it doesn't. Anyone else has similar issues?

Have it happen with sprays

Try putting it in a different slot, that somehow worked when I started having that issue.

>when you block and then hit a counselor at the same time he hits you and get rage activated at the same time and the game crashes making the counselors think you ragequit

The map perk is useless if you know the basic layout of the maps.

Not true if you are REALLY autistic you can predict where the phone box is just by the map layout and just rush it. otherwise yeah not that great.

Hey /assg/ I bought f13 and really enjoyed it over 100 hours, I noticed DbD is on sale right now, is it like f13 and just as fun really like these horror asyms.

I don't try that hard so I run around with it sometimes. I don't mean that in a "Hurr u tryhard" way either, I just mean I almost try not to min/max boil the game down in my head too much because it's more fun otherwise.

Something like this happened when it was just me as Jason and a Tommy and a sweater girl.

DbD is very different, the killers don't actually kill people, you knock them down and then wheel them over to hooks that you put them on, then they have like a timer until they die and can get rescued over and over. The survivors get a mountain of advantages to help them win, they can break the hooks and do all sorts of other shit, also the only way you win as them is fixing QTE generators then running out the doors that open from that. It can be fun, but it just really didn't feel that good to play as either side for me.

>the killers don't actually kill people,
How do you fuck up this bad?

It's kinda like F13 but it has a higher skill cap and more replay value.

user neglected to mention that Survivors are killed after they're put on a hook twice and there are offerings that are CAN allow killers to kill people but those games are boring as shit.

Yes, but it's a disconnected sort of kill, not at all satisfying. Moris aren't satisfying either, and yet they're the only way to even leave a body. What kind of slasher game has bodies disappear upon death?

It's more arcadey. In theory there's more of a stealth and mindgame aspect to it, but in theory most people just use exploits to win. It doesn't always work, but they usually succeed in sucking the fun out of everything.

But at lower ranks it's still okay, so it'll probably be worth its low price.

Placed the perk in the first slot and it actually helped, thanks.

>Moris aren't satisfying

Different strokes

You can execute people in DBD?

>max level Adam jacket doesn't have anything on the back

Why is Gun Media so fucking dumb?

Yeah

F13 costs more than Overmeme?

>in theory most people just use exploits to win

The same can be said of Friday.

Both of these games pare pretty garbage in that regard.

I dunno I can get behind it, max level Adam feels like a rebellious military son or something with all his olive drab.

Anyone wanna do some boosting in F13? Since it's the double xp weekend and all. You can get around 15k xp from one 20 minutes round. Yeah it's kinda boring, but you can catch up on your animes in the meantime.

Do private games work? I thought they gave only cp but not xp.

They work. I've been doing privates with a guy who just hit max level, so I'm alone again (lvl 56)

Just rolled 45% epic thick skin with no penalty. Now I am complete.

I'm up for boosting but not right now, I need about an hour, maybe 45 minutes.

As someone with plenty hours in DbD and playing F13, I really like them both. I know a lot of people are either one or the other, but I like them about the same.

Well if no one else shows up in the meantime, just post again when you're ready. I'm still open to do 1-1 rounds with someone else in the meantime

Here's all the F13 clothes.

youtube.com/watch?v=TMv471mUFg4