/fg/ - Falcom General #5

I'd let her arrest me edition

Previous Thread: >A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- New CS3 scans: twitter.com/Gu4n/status/877415040466337793

- Falcom currently planning a new game and remake for the Ys series. Kondo would also like to do more with Falcom Gakuen

- Trails in the Sky the 3rd finally out for PC on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store

- Trails of Cold Steel I & II confirmed for a PC release, first game will be released on Summer

- Trails of Cold Steel III is on track for a Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive, details such as the story and some new characters have been announced, such as Tita, Agate, Tio and Randy confirmed

>Other not-so-new news

- Check out the content of the last Tits FC & SC updates, specially the translation improvements ( xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization )

- Tokyo Xanadu brought by Askys, will be released for Vita on June 30th, and the improved Ex+ version for PS4 and PC on late 2017, although Amazon has November 24th, 2017 listed

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA, If you wish to complain, do so to Falcom, not XSeed (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

- Most games published by XSEED now to be developed with a PC release in mind ( gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind ) (end of the 9th paragraph)

Pastebin: pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/6Rha8DVy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Requesting again. I'm making a small DP list for the pastebin guide and i want to make sure if it's there.

I'd rather be arrested by Tio

Calvard when?

Have you pre-ordered their game yet?

>Ys VIII will have Japanese text on Steam
Fucking finally. I can't believe all others Falcom games didn't have that option.

Ok, so for anyone following the English guide. It seems that there is one small mistake in it.

The final quest in the prologue, can give you 2 + 12 DP, and not just 2 +11. To get max DP you need to:

Choice before battle = 1st option (+1DP)
Choice after battle = 2nd option (+2DP)
Choice when you enter Trinity = 2nd option (+2 DP)
Win the fight against Ignis leader (+3DP)
After eating with Grace, go talk to the members from both Trinity and Ignis (+1DP)
Choice during meeting = 2nd (+3DP)

The one the guide doesn't mention is going back to talk to the gang members after having lunch with Grace it seems.

Which weapon should I prioritise for the upgrades?
Tio's ATS buffs look pretty huge.

All of them are good. Elie's is slightly less necessary since she has good ATS, but her weapon upgrades do not give it. Tio only gets ATS buffing with the chapter 1 weapon upgrades.

You can farm U-material in Chapter 1 if you're patient. When going to Armonica Village, there's 2 rare enemies, and a shining pom spawn location. Although the shining pom is a pain in the ass to make spawn in that place.

Check this guide to know where the rare enemies are: pastebin.com/6Rha8DVy
They all drop U_material.

Can't you just buy the Japanese version?

There are those who want to romance Millium of all people.

No unless they give back Ao's gameplay.

I can't do that for Cold Steel.

Elie for me!

I'd romance Millium.

Rean should fuck his NBR sister.

NEVER EVER

>Shining Pom
I forgot they're a thing.

I chose her for my final bonding event.

Can anyone remember all of the chest locations in Crossbell? The ones not accessed through the Geofront.
There's the chest on a roof in Downtown, the Eagle Eye chest on West Street through the posh apartment complex's west exit, what else?

>They're still using that stupid sitting pose from CS
Don't tell me the entire game is just a reskinned CS

Yeah, just tested it on my old save and it's correct, you can get 14 DP by going back.

They reused a lot of assets from CS.

towa is cute CUTE

I don't want to sound like the guy who always spergs out over criticism of cold steel but is that not true of all the trails games? They all have really heavy asset reuse.

Cold steel is the first Trails to transition to full 3D.

Not as much as Toxanadu.
Then again it's just their B-game so who cares.

>peTIOte will never arrest you
Why even fucking live?

Cute and lewd

Who's the girl on the right?

Elaborate

I just realized if Rean actually gets the gold guns he'll be a gun user like he originally was in the early Sen build

Why the fuck would Rean use a gun? That goes completely against what we know him as. He's trained in the eight leaves

What about Ao no Kiseki translation?

Theres a spreadsheet

>Not wanting Rean to be full Dante from DMC.

The school's student council president.

Teaching while wearing thongs beneath a very short skirt.

Never ever

Rean going "Jackpot" all on his own would make me hard and I'm saying that completely seriously.

I know about that but maybe I asked and someone answer with a patch link, I wanted to believe!

Maybe if we pray to KeA hard enough she will grant us another zeromonkey translation

In Zero no Kiseki how do the older more serious folk treat KeA? Like that grumpy looking police chief and Randy?

Sergei is so carefree and don't give a shit to anything. He's probably the most useless adult in Trails now.

I hope Ao surprised me.

>and Randy
Wat, have you not played the game at all. Randy loves her and treats her like a daughter like the rest of the SSS

Again. It's in the works.

>Sergei
>Most useless adult

Someone hasn't been paying attention to all the shit he has to put up with.

Why does she show off her thighs like that it's so fucking lewd

Not that I'm complaining

It would be my

Sky Kloe looks really ugly.

Joshua get out

So uh does Shirley and Her Pops care about Randy? I remember some user saying they're looking for him so he can lead Red Constellation. Why don't they just give him the finger and lead themselves?

What kind of fucking filter is that?

I don't think there is one,

It looks to me like a PPSSPP screenshot with one of those smoothening filters enabled.

They don't want to.

Are you retarded? That's an HD portrait from the PC sky games

>Delusional filterfag

D-did you not play trails in the sky or something?

Don't tell me you only played a pirated psp version on emulator

Reminder to worship Josette!

JOSETTE

Is perfect!

She's so shit that they didn't even bother making her any good in combat. I mean it seems like they specifically made her as weak and useless as possible. Even falcom hates her.

A PC screenshot version wouldn't have that freaky smoothing and blur over the lines.
Look at the background objects.
That's now how they're normally rendered.

You got that right, she's easily best girl and far better than that dumb bimbo estelle

Stop replying to yourself capua

Stop lying estelle

>gave her literally the best support ability, further proving her goddess-like status
Just accept Her love into yours and you'll become a better person.

Very good post, even Estelle's boyfriend and best friend ended up thinking that Josette > Estelle. I'm thinking that Renne is the next one to be converted.

>that subtle Bobcat cameo in Zero

You know, finishing this IBC quest for sepith exchange I'm reminded of one thing that's been bugging me about trails every single game.
The cost of shit is always the same. What's the point of having multiple vendors selling the same stuff at the same price in the same area? They could've say, have the vendors in the East Street sell their veggies a mira cheaper but something else a mira more expensive.

My autism required me to always run into IBC to exchange sepith for max gains

That's exactly what I mean. Give the players an incentive to buy their ingredients from different vendors if they're autistic enough to conserve scraps of mira. Considering the fanbase, there will be plenty.

This really is so true. Once everyone thinks about it they realise that Josette is truly the best.

>Josette
>Josettefags
Her farewell scene in 3rd showed me how little she matters in the grand scheme of things.

Well I'm sorry that you feel that way and hate smart, clever and pretty girls like Josette and how you probably like dumb bimbos like Estelle.

Fun fact. The guide has some shit wrong, and you'll miss some DP if you miss out on some shit.

For example. You can win +3 extra DP in chapter 3, during the race if you choose to:

>Rush through
>Combination craft
>Fight each one

So yeah. Be careful. I'm working on the pastebin guide and adding max DP guide with the fixed stuff.

>Josette is part of the Bobcat crew that is constantly moving between different nations and meeting different people
>literally the only character who has a simple way of appearing in any and every future game whenever she wants
Mmmm, nah, Josette is still the best.

Man, the flow of conversations in the Japanese Trails dialogue feels so damn... uh, jumpy, I guess? People seem to just bounce ideas off each other rather than transitioning from one to the next in any sort of contextualized fashion. You have characters describing going into detail about a bunch of stuff, then all of the sudden someone like Lloyd just responds with "understood" or whatever and hastily changes the subject. I don't know Japanese, but if older, more literal translations of JRPGs are anything to go by, then this is mostly a Falcom thing.

Its hard to tell since the guy who did zero was really obsessive over being as literal as possible.

I'm on the Ries boat if we're talking girls.
And yet she hasn't even been mentioned a single time in the Erebonia arc yet.

Ries is great but she's no JOSETTE, who is absolutely amazing

To be fair, Lloyd is just really formal about a lot of stuff. If he gets a briefing, he'll let the person know he listened by saying "roger, understood" and shit like that.

>absolutely amazing
For Sepith farming and not staying in any active party until the games forces me to? Absolutely

She's amazing in every single way!

This! Praise be to lady Capua!

Well, I'm talking about Ao in this case, which was done by a different guy. His translation is nowhere near as literal as the leaked Zero translation. But even so, the writing style persists. I can see why XSeed takes a damned century to translate these games. They really have to strip the dialogue down to the basic exchange of ideas and rewrite everything from scratch, because it reads awkwardly hell if you translate line by line.

It's not about character personalities. Those carry over just fine, even in the shitty Zero translation.

Why does evo art make Kloes chest bigger.

They felt she needed to have some redeeming quality

Probably upscaled with Waifu2x

But Her Royal Highness Klaudia von Auslese is already perfect.

If she were perfect, why wouldn't Joshua fall for her?
Q.E.D

Perfect in not finding a boyfriend

Because Joshua doesn't want perfection, he wants someone imperfect that loves him, so their two imperfections could create a perfect whole together.
Her Royal Highness would disrupt such a delicate balance.

Or you know. He fell in love with Estelle way before he met Kloe. And even then, according to him, he wouldn't have fallen for her even if they met first.

>3rd made me think Lechter was insufferable
>Zero made me think he was alright
>Completely forget he exists in CS

>pulls out a fishing rod in the mansion
this is where I lost it

On a scale of 1 (least cute) - 10 (most cute), how cute is juna going to be?

I'd give her a 7, 9 if she actually hooks up with Kurt and gets all lovey-dovey while Kurt desperately tries not to respond in kind.