/arena/ - Arena FPS General

404 Edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite oldschool and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Play Quakeworld for free: nquake.com/
Play Quake 2 for free: q2s.tastyspleen.net/
Play Unreal Tournament 4 for free: epicgames.com/unrealtournament/
Play Warsow for free (Warsow Night this Sunday at 5PM PDT): warsow.net/
CPMA DEZ Installer (comes with maps and doesn't require base Quake 3, make sure to save configs as my.cfg and not autoexec.cfg): drive.google.com/open?id=0B0wfFzzjvCheTVVzSmdnQ1BLUms
Xonotic: xonotic.org/
Link to Quake 2 Starter with Quake 2 and its expansions: mega.nz/#!EAxAlSwa!9v0PQ7QgN60mXDptMqWXvdAC2srSCnb7pGPqZojG2QI
sourceforge.net/projects/voretournament/

Quake Champions closed beta signup: quake.bethesda.net/en/signup
QC beta is now 24/7. The beta is no longer under NDA.
UT4 Patch Notes: youtube.com/watch?v=rNE1XN6E1Cc
Quake Champions interview with Zero4 and Tim Willits: twitch dot tv/videos/144807974
twitch dot tv/videos/144852481

Duel Tutorials and Tips:
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

Slipgate to the previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/syncore/qclauncher
youtube.com/watch?v=4uMrOv1K1s8
youtube.com/watch?v=wy9r2qeouiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qFfybn_W8Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=FmA6U5rXl38
youtube.com/watch?v=_fle5uGpBcc
youtube.com/watch?v=89F5fpvwPr0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uoZgZT4DGSY
youtube.com/watch?v=ocUcXuJlVnE
my.mixtape.moe/dkkuzx.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=RyNFSzwTtF8
youtube.com/watch?v=bGg0EzX4dGc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

good work letting the thread die

I bumped before I went to sleep, somehow still ded

Reminder for today at 5PM PDT.

Do people even play arena shooters that aren't QC and QL?

i hardly ever play QC or QL desu

fucking hell we barely started and it's page 10 again

there's nothing to talk about. Nobody wants to discuss sacrifice, how to play it, and how the champions can do work on certain maps.
Nobody's really talking about what clutch's hydraulic dodge could possibly be.

I think this is because most people who play arena games either play FFA or duel, they don't really care for team games.

what game has the best gibs?

Quake Champions Quick Launcher utility found on /r/QuakeChampions

github.com/syncore/qclauncher

I was asleep.

post tunes to frag to

youtube.com/watch?v=4uMrOv1K1s8
youtube.com/watch?v=wy9r2qeouiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qFfybn_W8Ak

I like the one piece music when playing tf2 and trying to cap last

youtube.com/watch?v=FmA6U5rXl38
I listen to stuff like this while rocketing people.

There's plenty to talk about just not QC

There's lawbreakers, reflex, cpma, Warsow, quake 2, tribes ascend, midair. The list goes on.
All dead, by AAA game standards
Just don't expect to get games at any time of day.
I don't talk here because all you want to talk about is shitty QC. It's an unplayable mess as is. Why even bother until it's fixed?

what the fuck is there to discuss?
Either the games aren't pure enough for you,
or they're 20 year old dead games with nothing to talk about.
honestly, what will you talk about on the topic of reflex? It's a dead cpma recreation. that's all.

of course people are going to talk about QC, and we just had a ton of questions answered by the devs.
the general is dead because you have a stick up your ass

just put Q2 / Q3 OST blaring
or trash metal in general

youtube.com/watch?v=_fle5uGpBcc

youtube.com/watch?v=89F5fpvwPr0

Reminder Reflex and QL are on sale

>tfw can't make openGL look like software with the only minimalist quakeworld port out there that is supported by servers
>stuck with disgusting circle particles

I don't know what to do anons, it's devastating. Every single working QW port looks like shit in the end.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uoZgZT4DGSY

/arena/ has the most patrician posters in Veeky Forums, from our meme-makers to our taste in tunes

The last thread died cause of Vore Arena in the OP

>tfw she will never phase onto your dick and make you instantly cum
>tfw you will never kiss those lips
>tfw no Quakefuu

That sounds like a good way to get your dick telefragged.

Phase-fucking could go horribly wrong. She could telefrag your dick

So I haven't played any arena shooters for the last year or so. I was always more of an unreal guy so I downloaded unreal 4. Are there any must play games on the market right now? My friends bullied me into playing overwatch and that has me craving a real shooter.

But I've got balls of steel

would you like a dire orb up your ass while youre at it?

she'd have to have a dick for your dick to get telefragged
as it stands she'd just gently phase around your shaft and probably you'd cum slipgates

If it works for Shubby it works for me.

>upside-down bar stool experiencing a very heavy menstrual cycle.jpg

But what if she mispositions herself and your dick ends up exploded inside the walls of her spasm chasm?

There's no non-metal band more suitable for entering a proper Khornate bloodrage.

youtube.com/watch?v=ocUcXuJlVnE

vore tournament has been here for a while boy

sorlag in vore tournament when?

sorlag acid spit reworked to vore tournament hero when?

lern 2 use console commands with ezquake

there's a gl_ cvar that gives you square particles but it still doesn't look exactly like vanilla quake

>Someone saved my OC for QC
Nice.

>tfw i made like 90% of QC oc present in the generals
making shit for other threads doesn't even compare

slesh

Guys like you and me are the sole meme makers for these games. We are like unto gods

I already used up all my image editing creativity years ago for planetmans

>Three Bedrooms in a Good Neigborhood
a-user I love you

if you're going to play exactly like vanilla quake you're not going to get very far anyways when the other player spawnfrags you repeatedly

>babby needs bright colors and no textures to see targets
why back in my day we still used arrow keys to move and we were happy with it

we can play some ztndm3 right now if you're down

Q2 event is warming if anyone wants to join and shoot around

Rise once more user and take your place among the gods

>gods
Ia! Ia!

really should re edit this so YOU HAVE TAKEN THE LEAD is replaced with YOUR TEAM HAS THE QUAD

>babby needs bright colors and no textures to see targets
I never realized how many people are colorblind until I played Quake C.

I swear one day I'm going to make a dubbed video out of this

Why does her shoulders look like something from a Crysis nanosuit

she's the designated generic sci-fi lady and her arm looks like that ancient thread on /b/ about injecting a glowstick into your veins

I was thinking more along the lines of the electricity plasmid from the first Bioshock

QC hasterrible visibility and readability
why do you think people have red outlines

user that thinks everyone in quake 2 is a bot if you're in here and were just in ts500 you're a retard

I had no problem before the outlines. You mother fuckers are just god damned blind.

People dont have this problem in CSGO or Battlefield 1 where you have NO indicator of an enemy at all.
She's a throw back to Matoko Kusanagi. She even has a line in game "I am the ghost in the machine."

>She's a throw back to Matoko Kusanagi. She even has a line in game "I am the ghost in the machine."
>Q3A was all about Heavy Metal magazine and Simon Bisley ripoffs
>QC is ripping weebshit
We have to go back.

Ghost in the Shell isnt really "weeb" level. It comes from a very different mentality from even its own era and its an entirely different ballpark from modern Weeb exploiting magical girl anime.

Ghost in the Shell was more of an Animated movie than it was an actual anime, and the 90's was a very different time for Anime, long before the weeb culture started to become a problem.

This isn't really ripping off weeb shit so much as it is gathering more "hardcore" badass level stuff from the cinema era.

ded

I fucking love scarlett. Her zerg play is so fucking amazing to watch.
She's such a fuckin bamf.

>Scarlett
>her
>she

>she

>her

Shut up faggots.

TS500 just ended
that was exhausting

also i got overtaken on the scoreboard at the last 30 seconds fuck

Is Halo /arena/?
Is Titanfall /arena/?

no you assholes. stop trolling.

Are my balls slapping against your ass as I pound your boypussy /arena/?

How's quake champions been going? I haven't been paying attention to it since the 3rd closed beta weekend

I'm concerned due to my longish queue times. Typically 2-3 minutes.

It's going great so far.
I keep getting wrecked by Fatal1ty and friends though.

I bet if you eat gamerfood spiked with neurotransmitters you'd be able to beat him and his friends

doomguy

>double jump passive
>kills give ammo as well as armor (passive)
>active: berserk, gain 200% movement speed, attacks instagib

>2 - 3 mins

playing on Sydney and im waiting anything from 5 to 20+ mins.

there must be barley anyone actually playing , shame really the game has potential despite its obvious flaws.

my.mixtape.moe/dkkuzx.webm

why are there so many Australian quake players? I keep seeing people on multiple forums who are from austrailia

not enough west coast US players tbqh

Samuel Hayden
>Passive: Collecting armor restores a small amount of Samuel's health
>Active: Samuel activates his personal forcefield. Then next hit on him deals 0 damage to him. Forcefield then deactivates. Great against RG and RL, shit against LG and MG. Forcefield lasts ten seconds otherwise, then deactivates automatically.

if he doesn't have doom 3 physics i'm not interested

>d44mguy

Don't act like id isn't going to include him to promote D55M. They at least better have the old look with exposed abs available as an alternate costume.

didn't play doom 3, what was interesting about the physics?

Auzzie FPS players move as a group because the community isnt that large, as soon as a game dies everyone jumps ship to the next one, because it will literally become a ghost town without the population somewhere like the USA or EU would provide.

slope jumps that work uphill and downhill, stair jumps, and lift jumps

nice pipes

It's a struggle to continue to play QC at this stage. The gameplay itself is more or less okay apart from some gripes (i.e.duel format is complete trash), some of which will surely be fixed since it's still early (can't queue for DM as lobby, in custom game can't play DM on "duel-exclusive" maps, etc.).

The biggest problems (I'm annoying balance concerns which will (probably) be fixed like BJ and Sorlag being retarded) are:

-the game takes 10 years to load even on a high end rig
-the game launcher is the worst piece of software ever writ by human hand
-queues are ridiculously long (3 minutes for DM, 5+ minutes for TDM, 7-10+ mins for sacrifice, all US east)
-hitboxes can feel a little iffy at times though most of the time they seem fine

Really hard to justify playing it when I can load up QL and be in a match in 10 seconds.

youtube.com/watch?v=RyNFSzwTtF8
youtube.com/watch?v=bGg0EzX4dGc

Is Tyrone /arena/?

I can offer one assurance and say that when the game is fully released on Steam you won't need to go through the bethesda launcher at all

If the devs dont do a steam release they may as well kill the game now, its not a testament to steam being good but a huge player base being available in one place. just swallow their pride and let steam take a cut to access millions of players

Agree that it needs to be on Steam, and not just because the Bethesda launcher is terrible. One positive thing about the game is that it does look really nice, which of course is going to be another strike against it in terms of playerbase because every popular game can run on whatever toaster impoverished overwatch/lol/cs/dota niggers play on.

>He didn't read yesterday's Q/A

>he